Last post by ghost.
Today 08:48 AM
Closed Thread

Old October 29th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

The elder gave a hearty laugh, pleased to find that apprentice was, in fact, listening to him! "Of course! Now, lemme tell you about this snake. It was about six tail-lengths long 'n all slimy and brown like the leaves. I was on patrol with my mentor, 'n he didn't see the thing... but I did! I watched as it tried to up and strike his legs, it's whole underbelly was orange as the morning sky! I jumped straight into action! Raced forward and gripped it's neck between my jaws. The damn thing didn't lay a single tooth on my mentor! He was so proud of me, had me commemorated as the All-mighty snake killer!" Duststorm burst into a fit of dusty laughter, his whole body shaking with each giggle. A lopsided, yet amused grin rested on his maw as he leaned down to take a bite of the minnow... though his nose scrunched in distaste as he chewed forever.

"I'll never get used to this fish nonsense. Fish this and fish that! At least it's soft so it doesn't hurt my teeth... Do you like fish? Being a RiverClan apprentice 'n all?"

@Venus

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old November 2nd, 2019, 09:07 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

[OPEN]

Eaglepaw trotted eagerly into the elders den, his moss-filled mouth growing tired of the weight. he still had much more to do. He ran over the steps carefully. Ask if they need new bedding, check the moss for thorns and sticks, form the nest, ask if they need anything more. He set the green fluff down, nose wrinkling at the pieces that's are still on his tounge. He really hoped this would please the elders. Everything had to be tip-top. He ventured further into the den, his brown fur fluffing up at the slight draft that entered through the den.

"Hello! Does anyone need new bedding?" He asked, smiling cheerfully.

@evergreen

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old November 4th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
The elder gave a hearty laugh, pleased to find that apprentice was, in fact, listening to him! "Of course! Now, lemme tell you about this snake. It was about six tail-lengths long 'n all slimy and brown like the leaves. I was on patrol with my mentor, 'n he didn't see the thing... but I did! I watched as it tried to up and strike his legs, it's whole underbelly was orange as the morning sky! I jumped straight into action! Raced forward and gripped it's neck between my jaws. The damn thing didn't lay a single tooth on my mentor! He was so proud of me, had me commemorated as the All-mighty snake killer!" Duststorm burst into a fit of dusty laughter, his whole body shaking with each giggle. A lopsided, yet amused grin rested on his maw as he leaned down to take a bite of the minnow... though his nose scrunched in distaste as he chewed forever.

"I'll never get used to this fish nonsense. Fish this and fish that! At least it's soft so it doesn't hurt my teeth... Do you like fish? Being a RiverClan apprentice 'n all?"

@Venus
Graypaw sat in awe, his ears drinking in every bit of Duststorm's story like sweet honey. The elder's excitement lightened his mood a bit, bringing a genuine smile to his face. "That's really cool," Graypaw commented when the story was over, returning his gaze on the nasty nest so he could scrape up the last of it. "I've had my fair share of adventures, but nothing like that. I guess the action isn't for me, though. It seems to get me in trouble." Finished peeling the past of the old nest off the dried earth, Graypaw began laying down the fresh moss, fluffing it up with selective downy feathers.

Glancing over his shoulder when Dustsorm commented on the fish, the silver apprentice shrugged. "I like it, then again I grew up eating it. It can be a little salty sometimes. Don't tell anyone, but I birds are my favorite food." He patted the last of the moss together with his tail, giving a satisfied nod when it was done. "Alright, your nest should feel much better now."
Old November 7th, 2019, 10:11 AM
clearing away the dust

@Okapi [Specifically for Bubblingbee, but Open for any Elders]

"Bubblingbee," Pigeonpaw called out, her mew muffled by the fat trout she carried in her jaws. Her mouth watered with the desire to take a bite of it, but she knew she would only get into more trouble if she ate before feeding the old cat.
"Frostflight told me to come change your bedding. I brought you some fish," She told the elder, dropping the savory morsel at her paws. She tried to keep her voice sounding kind and pleasant, but she was still grumpy that she hadn't been allowed to help Graypaw with his part of their punishment for sneaking out. The whole escapade was Pigeonpaw's idea--she hated that her brother had gotten the worse punishment. He didn't deserve that.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!

Last edited by pidgeon; November 7th, 2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old November 7th, 2019, 06:15 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
@Okapi [Specifically for Bubblingbee, but Open for any Elders]

"Bubblingbee," Pigeonpaw called out, her mew muffled by the fat trout she carried in her jaws. Her mouth watered with the desire to take a bite of it, but she knew she would only get into more trouble if she ate before feeding the old cat.
"Frostflight told me to come change your bedding. I brought you some fish," She told the elder, dropping the savory morsel at her paws. She tried to keep her voice sounding kind and pleasant, but she was still grumpy that she hadn't been allowed to help Graypaw with his part of their punishment for sneaking out. The whole escapade was Pigeonpaw's idea--she hated that her brother had gotten the worse punishment. He didn't deserve that.
Bubblingbee narrowed her eyes at the apprentice,” I except soft feathers and fresh moss, or you’ll be redoing it.” She spat,” Obviouskit!”
Old November 7th, 2019, 06:21 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Bubblingbee narrowed her eyes at the apprentice,” I except soft feathers and fresh moss, or you’ll be redoing it.” She spat,” Obviouskit!”
"Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful," Pigeonpaw squeaked dejectedly as she nudged the fish towards the elder. She began to sweep together the old bedding to dispose of it. I hope Graypaw comes back with the fresh moss soon, she thought. Bubblingbee didn't seem like the type to tell fun stories.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old November 8th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Nightmare Fuel

[open!]

Bearkit poked his head into the elders' den, icy green eyes wide with curiosity. "Why is it so dark in here?" He mewed to himself, squinting. He'd been out exploring the camp all day, but none of the dens were as boring as this. As the fluffy kitten ventured further into the den, his nose scrunched up at the horrid stench. "Yuck! This place reeks! Arent the apprentices supposed to take care of this place?" He batted a paw at an old empty nest. "The beds aren't even bouncy! Where are the feathers?"

Bearkit shook his head in disapproval. "Anybody here wanna borrow some feathers from my bed? Or...maybe I can fetch an apprentice to get some for you?" He looked back at the entrance, blinking as he thought. He caught sight of the fresh-kill-pile across the clearing and immediately perked up. "Food!!" He gasped, darting back out of the den without warning.

Moments later, he returned hauling a squirrel by its tail. "Anybody wanna share?" He purred loudly, eyes beaming with hope that someone in the den would be interested in eating with him.

Last edited by Doom; November 8th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old November 8th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Lullaby for a princess

My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
[open!]

Bearkit poked his head into the elders' den, icy green eyes wide with curiosity. "Why is it so dark in here?" He mewed to himself, squinting. He'd been out exploring the camp all day, but none of the dens were as boring as this. As the fluffy kitten ventured further into the den, his nose scrunched up at the horrid stench. "Yuck! This place reeks! Arent the apprentices supposed to take care of this place?" He batted a paw at an old empty nest. "The beds aren't even bouncy! Where are the feathers?"

Bearkit shook his head in disapproval. "Anybody here wanna borrow some feathers from my bed? Or...maybe I can fetch an apprentice to get some for you?" He looked back at the entrance, blinking as he thought. He caught sight of the fresh-kill-pile across the clearing and immediately perked up. "Food!!" He gasped, darting back out of the den without warning.

Moments later, he returned hauling a squirrel by its tail. "Anybody wanna share?" He purred loudly, eyes beaming with hope that someone in the den would be interested in eating with him.
Herringwave lifted her head at the new scent having entered the den, admiring the shiny icy-green eyes poked into the entrance. He noticed the kit begin to venture around, chuckling at his tiny comments about the dark elders den. She was about to stand and speak, give the small kit some answers to all his back-to-back questions. The she-cat opened her mouth, but just as she did the kitten had already zoomed as fast as his tiny legs could take him to the fresh kill pile!

She assumed he must have thought of something better to do then stay in this mucky den. Herringwave gave a small laugh and turned back to her nest, resting the haunches she has previously raised in the act of standing to greet the kit. She had just relaxed when the small kit had returned, dragging a squirrel into the den by it's tail. She laughed softly, then heard the small kit give a request for an eating partner.

The small elder stood and walked near those beaming icy-greens, admiring them yet again. She had just emerged form the darker part of the den, giving a small purr. "I would love to share a meal with you." The sweet Riverclan elder purred gently. She looked over the pelt of the tiny creature, with squirrel tail in it's mouth. Quite a sight, she must admit, yet an adorable one at that. "I'm Herringwave, and you are?"
Old November 8th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerseed View Post
Herringwave lifted her head at the new scent having entered the den, admiring the shiny icy-green eyes poked into the entrance. He noticed the kit begin to venture around, chuckling at his tiny comments about the dark elders den. She was about to stand and speak, give the small kit some answers to all his back-to-back questions. The she-cat opened her mouth, but just as she did the kitten had already zoomed as fast as his tiny legs could take him to the fresh kill pile!

She assumed he must have thought of something better to do then stay in this mucky den. Herringwave gave a small laugh and turned back to her nest, resting the haunches she has previously raised in the act of standing to greet the kit. She had just relaxed when the small kit had returned, dragging a squirrel into the den by it's tail. She laughed softly, then heard the small kit give a request for an eating partner.

The small elder stood and walked near those beaming icy-greens, admiring them yet again. She had just emerged form the darker part of the den, giving a small purr. "I would love to share a meal with you." The sweet Riverclan elder purred gently. She looked over the pelt of the tiny creature, with squirrel tail in it's mouth. Quite a sight, she must admit, yet an adorable one at that. "I'm Herringwave, and you are?"
Bearkit's eyes rounded when an older she-cat revealed herself from the shadows. He dipped his head in greeting to her, remembering his manners. "Oh, thank you!" He purred back, settling himself adjacent to her.

"Herringwave?" Bearkit echoed. "Your name is very pretty," He nudged the squirrel closer to her, encouraging Herringwave to take a bite. "My name is Bearkit! Nice to meet ya!" With the introductions out of the way, Bearkit bent down and took a greedy bite from the squirrel's belly. He made sure to chew the meat well before swallowing. The moment his mouth became available, Bearkit spoke. "How can you live in this place? I thought apprentices were supposed to take care of you guys...?" He took another look around the depressing den and frowned. "Or do you just like living in the dark?"

Last edited by Doom; November 8th, 2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old November 18th, 2019, 11:55 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
"Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful," Pigeonpaw squeaked dejectedly as she nudged the fish towards the elder. She began to sweep together the old bedding to dispose of it. I hope Graypaw comes back with the fresh moss soon, she thought. Bubblingbee didn't seem like the type to tell fun stories.
Bubblingbee continued to scowl intensely at the apprentice not saying anything.
Closed Thread