Last post by CollapsingStars
Today 10:43 AM

Old July 14th, 2023, 12:49 PM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: RiverClan Punishments

@Estelle
Troutstone reentered the camp some time later, his back throbbing a bit from marking the border in a weird way. "Uh, did it, and uh, sorry again."
Border post

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old July 14th, 2023, 08:26 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

The fluffy tom ears lowered as Gingerfrost called him for punishment. He had helped mark the border, and assumed that Troutstone would have reported. Was he wrong?

"We marked the border, Gingerfrost. Troutstone showed me how to do it, and I guess I just assumed he reported in to you. I'm sorry."

@Estelle

if i look back, i am lost
friendly & healing powerplay permitted
The Archives
Old July 15th, 2023, 08:33 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Beanstar
RiverClan Leader

Purrks: Beefed Up, Mind Reader, Shadow Fiend

Stars. When his name was called by a disappointed Gingerfrost, Beanstar felt his heart sink. He had forgotten to report. The siamese wasted no time in bounding up to Gingerfrost as he spoke. "Hold on. There's no need to punish Smokepaw or Otterslash. I was the one who fumbled and forgot to report." With a deep breath, he continued. "Smokepaw ended up getting her tail stuck in a human -- er, twoleg trap. I got caught up in that and didn't report. Smokepaw and Otterslash both did what they were supposed to, so I'm taking their punishments. No questions asked." Beanstar stood firm on this point, tail tip flicking from side-to-side. Guilt clawed at his stomach, and this was the way he best knew to make up for it. "If there's no argument, I'll start immediately. Three pieces of prey and cleaning nests in the nursery, yes?"
// @Estelle @Neso @Octavia! \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old July 17th, 2023, 03:51 AM
energy to surge breakers

My Mood: Queenly

OtterSlash
A golden tabby with orange pattern and brown eyes.

Normally the warrior would let the warrior tank such a punishment. But she was feeling generous today, and decided not to be an asshole. Stepping towards the deputy then beansprout (she still refused to call him Beanstar, instead referring him to as bean, him, the warrior… etc.)

“Yeah absolutely not. I’ll take my punishment, I’m warrior here, I’m a big girl I can handle catching some prey. It’s not that difficult! You don’t need to worry about it at all. I got it.”

OtterSlash had a stern voice when she said those words. She didn’t need help more or less she took it as an insult to her character. Did Bean think she couldn’t do it herself, it was whatever. With that she was off to the races, quickly speeding away to the territory or maybe somewhere else. She wasn’t going to argue with him over this either, she left before he could have a word in.

// @Estelle // @vellichor
RushingKit!

Old July 17th, 2023, 06:47 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeif View Post
@Estelle
Troutstone reentered the camp some time later, his back throbbing a bit from marking the border in a weird way. "Uh, did it, and uh, sorry again."
Border post

First to leave and first to return was Troutstone, with no explanation for never reporting and only apologising. He assumed therefore that there was no good reason for never having reported. That aside, Gingerfrost found good in the swiftness with which the warrior completed his punishment, earning himself a nod from the deputy.
"Report next time and you won't have to go back again. You can go."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian View Post
╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

The fluffy tom ears lowered as Gingerfrost called him for punishment. He had helped mark the border, and assumed that Troutstone would have reported. Was he wrong?

"We marked the border, Gingerfrost. Troutstone showed me how to do it, and I guess I just assumed he reported in to you. I'm sorry."

@Estelle

He let the warrior leave with those parting words, eyes then turning to a much smaller figure. It was Talonpaw, assigned to the same patrol as Troutstone had been. It was good to hear at least something happened during the patrol and the only lacking thing was the report, though the apprentice looked a little off-put by the punishment. Understandably so, if he assumed Troutstone had reported as he should have. Heaving a sigh at the apology, the tabby lightly shook his head.
"Next time it is good to hang around and see if the patrol leader - or anyone - reports, that way you'll avoid getting in trouble yourself."
He paused for a moment, mulling over his options. This had been Talonpaw's first patrol, right?
"Take this as a warning; I'll excuse you from punishment this time, though try to not let it happen again."
He wanted to tell the apprentice that sometimes warriors can lack, whether it be due to a bad day or bad attitude, but the words died in his throat. Was he growing soft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post

Beanstar
RiverClan Leader

Stars. When his name was called by a disappointed Gingerfrost, Beanstar felt his heart sink. He had forgotten to report. The siamese wasted no time in bounding up to Gingerfrost as he spoke. "Hold on. There's no need to punish Smokepaw or Otterslash. I was the one who fumbled and forgot to report." With a deep breath, he continued. "Smokepaw ended up getting her tail stuck in a human -- er, twoleg trap. I got caught up in that and didn't report. Smokepaw and Otterslash both did what they were supposed to, so I'm taking their punishments. No questions asked." Beanstar stood firm on this point, tail tip flicking from side-to-side. Guilt clawed at his stomach, and this was the way he best knew to make up for it. "If there's no argument, I'll start immediately. Three pieces of prey and cleaning nests in the nursery, yes?"
// @Estelle @Neso @Octavia! \\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neso View Post
OtterSlash
A golden tabby with orange pattern and brown eyes.

Normally the warrior would let the warrior tank such a punishment. But she was feeling generous today, and decided not to be an asshole. Stepping towards the deputy then beansprout (she still refused to call him Beanstar, instead referring him to as bean, him, the warrior… etc.)

“Yeah absolutely not. I’ll take my punishment, I’m warrior here, I’m a big girl I can handle catching some prey. It’s not that difficult! You don’t need to worry about it at all. I got it.”

OtterSlash had a stern voice when she said those words. She didn’t need help more or less she took it as an insult to her character. Did Bean think she couldn’t do it herself, it was whatever. With that she was off to the races, quickly speeding away to the territory or maybe somewhere else. She wasn’t going to argue with him over this either, she left before he could have a word in.

// @Estelle // @vellichor

Onto the next pair; it was firstly Beanstar to approach. It wasn't usual to call leaders for punishment, and frankly disappointing too. Mistakes happen, but weren't they meant to set a good example? It seemed Beanstar's imperfect side caught up to him and caused him to slip up. At least he was taking responsibility for it, and Gingerfrost appreciated that.

Hearing of Smokepaw's injury was worrisome, it meant that some dangers lurked their grounds at that future patrols would have to be more careful -- anyone would have to be more careful.
"You've send her to Stonepaw, yes?"
Gingerfrost sought confirmation before his attention turned towards Otterslash as she arrived, dedicated to taking care of her own punishment. Now that was new, though not unwanted. Gingerfrost had to mull over his two options here for a short bit, though his mind was quickly made up.

"Each of you will take care of your own punishments."
He gave a subtle nod towards Otterslash, as though agreeing with her statement.
"In the event a patrol leader does not report the responsibility befalls the other members of the patrol; while your dedication to take the fall is appreciated, Otterslash can and is clearly willing to take responsibility as well. That said, Smokepaw [ @Octavia! ] will be excused from punishment."
Both due to the injury, and because reporting patrols befalls the warriors - not an apprentice, unless instructed otherwise. Now hopefully there weren't any arguments to this decision.

Old July 19th, 2023, 01:37 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Beanstar
RiverClan Leader

Although a bit irritated, a part of Beanstar had to concede that it was probably better for Otterslash to take care of her own punishment. He didn't speak a word to the other cat, instead focusing on answering his deputy. "Yes, she was sent to Stonepaw. There weren't any major injuries, but infection is a real risk and I didn't want to take that risk."

He dipped his head toward Gingerfrost. "Very well. I'll be right back, then." With that, the fluffy siamese exited camp with his tail raised high and eye narrowed. He was ready to hunt.
// @Estelle @Neso \\

Old July 19th, 2023, 01:54 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Beanstar
RiverClan Leader

The leader was beyond pleased, his expression giving this fact away as he dragged in a small hawk and a mink. "I know it's only two, but I hope this will suffice," he spoke to Gingerfrost, flicking his tail back and forth. With that, he set the prey on RiverClan's prey pile and made his way to the nursery to finish the punishment.

[ hunting post ]
// @/Estelle \\

Old July 19th, 2023, 03:54 PM
energy to surge breakers

My Mood: Queenly

OtterSlash
A golden fleeced tabby with orange pattern and brown eyes.

Punishment Patrol

The shecat wandered back towards the deputy, her prey in her mouth. On her way back she saw Bean on his way to grab his punishment prey. He looked okay, in a way calm but a certain energy coming off his body. It was whatever. Dropping it on the ground so she could speak towards GingerFrost!

“Hey I’m back. I found the opportunity to take two pieces of prey at one so I took it, to make up for the lack of us reporting and getting smokepaw injured.”

OtterSlash was an asshole but she did have a heart, she could feel feelings and guilt. That’s what she felt right now, she was warrior, for crying out loud she stood up to her leader, the minimum she could do was report a patrol back on time. She was dwelling on the past. Something she said she wouldn’t do. You can’t change the past, you can only look ahead, and hope for a happy future. Clearing her head she awaited for the prized deputy’s response.

// @Estelle
RushingKit!

Old July 28th, 2023, 04:39 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post

Beanstar
RiverClan Leader

The leader was beyond pleased, his expression giving this fact away as he dragged in a small hawk and a mink. "I know it's only two, but I hope this will suffice," he spoke to Gingerfrost, flicking his tail back and forth. With that, he set the prey on RiverClan's prey pile and made his way to the nursery to finish the punishment.

[ hunting post ]
// @/Estelle \\

Beanstar looked awfully pleased as he brought back the pieces of his punishment, but Gingerfrost wasn't going to comment on it. If he wanted to feel pleased, then so be it, though the tabby himself was far from it. At least the cats hadn't had any issues with the final decision made, and actually came back with what they had to do -- that helped ease his irritation a little. After Beanstar reported, the tabby gave a firm nod, dismissing the leader to go put the prey on the preypile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neso View Post
OtterSlash
A golden fleeced tabby with orange pattern and brown eyes.

Punishment Patrol

The shecat wandered back towards the deputy, her prey in her mouth. On her way back she saw Bean on his way to grab his punishment prey. He looked okay, in a way calm but a certain energy coming off his body. It was whatever. Dropping it on the ground so she could speak towards GingerFrost!

“Hey I’m back. I found the opportunity to take two pieces of prey at one so I took it, to make up for the lack of us reporting and getting smokepaw injured.”

OtterSlash was an asshole but she did have a heart, she could feel feelings and guilt. That’s what she felt right now, she was warrior, for crying out loud she stood up to her leader, the minimum she could do was report a patrol back on time. She was dwelling on the past. Something she said she wouldn’t do. You can’t change the past, you can only look ahead, and hope for a happy future. Clearing her head she awaited for the prized deputy’s response.

// @Estelle

Next to the report was Otterslash, also on time. Good, that was good. This feline looked a lot less pleased than the leader had, and more like someone who just came from a punishment -- but it was whatever, he was at least glad both actually reported back this time (he would've rather angry had they failed again). Luckily, that wasn't the case, the tabby expression eased as Otterslash came to report.
"That's good, thank you."
He mew with a light dip of his head to dismiss the warrior so she could put the prey on the preypile.

Old November 1st, 2023, 09:51 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Bored

ALL PUNISHMENT PATROLS WILL BE DUE 11/11. NO EXCEPTIONS.
FAILURE TO REPORT A SECOND TIME WILL RESULT IN A MORE SEVERE PUNISHMENT!

purrks: herbal knowledge tier 1
51/200

---

Man... She really didn't wanna do this. Like, really, really, didn't want to do this. Just the thought of having any kind of authority over any other cat was making her skin crawl so uncomfortably. But... If she continued to let others undermine her position she would never grow... It was so nerve wracking and confusing! Swallowing hard, she stares at the cats that didn't report back to her with anything to show, ears laid back and gaze obviously anxious.

"Unfortunately since you guys didn't report to me with the herbs I asked I'm gonna have to send you out again... A-And if it happens again I'm gonna have to let Larkwing know, so y'know... If you don't wanna get in more trouble just get the things I asked for. Okay?"

Did that sound authoritative enough? It was for sure frustrating that so many cats had just ignored her orders... She had every right to do this! Don't doubt yourself, Tansy! Taking a deep breath, she continues again.

"Ottersplash ( @Spooky Snowyfeathr ), and Winterpaw ( @hex_cat ), I really need those poppy seeds. Koiviolet wasn't able to get any because of some pesky rats so if you could please bring some back for me, I'd really appreciate it. Don't come back with empty paws." And then her attention turns to the others. "Sunsetpaw ( @Haunting Pangolin ) and Blueflower ( @Starphobia ) you were supposed to gather burdock and burnet. They're super important for healing so you need to step up and take responsibility for it. Now if you all could please go now, even if your patrol mates don't show... I really to get these herbs sorted."

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.

Last edited by silver.; November 1st, 2023 at 10:07 AM. Reason: i am dumb sobs