Today 12:00 AM

Old April 6th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: Walker's Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
"Well if that moss I brought in is already dried out, there's a stream just around the corner a couple of fox-lengths away." He stared at the young she-cat, curiosity starting to claw at his belly. She looked small, even for someone who was barely out of kit hood. "Can you hunt?" He mewed expectantly. Slowly, as Olive wore him down he became more and more open to conversation. And as much as he hated the feeling, he felt bad for the little cat.
Olive scanned the floor until she found the moss. Though it was no longer soaking wet, it was wet enough for Olive to quench her thirst as she hungrily licked it dry. When he asked her Olive paused in the middle of her drinking before resuming slowly, trying to figure out the best way to answer the question she despised. Yet, Walker didn't seem to make fun of her like any other cats in the Twoleg Place had, so she drew herself away from the now dry moss and shook her head. "No." She said softly before regaining her confident optimism. "But it sure sounded like you could when you fought the hawk! I wish I could leap at a hawk and actually give it a good battle." She reached her front paws forwards like she was fighting an invisible opponent until she had to stop, her shoulder's aching. "Thanks for the water Walker. My head feels better!" She waved her tail optimistically and smiled at the older cat, pleased with herself for feeling better already.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old April 6th, 2020, 06:05 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Olive scanned the floor until she found the moss. Though it was no longer soaking wet, it was wet enough for Olive to quench her thirst as she hungrily licked it dry. When he asked her Olive paused in the middle of her drinking before resuming slowly, trying to figure out the best way to answer the question she despised. Yet, Walker didn't seem to make fun of her like any other cats in the Twoleg Place had, so she drew herself away from the now dry moss and shook her head. "No." She said softly before regaining her confident optimism. "But it sure sounded like you could when you fought the hawk! I wish I could leap at a hawk and actually give it a good battle." She reached her front paws forwards like she was fighting an invisible opponent until she had to stop, her shoulder's aching. "Thanks for the water Walker. My head feels better!" She waved her tail optimistically and smiled at the older cat, pleased with herself for feeling better already.
Walker stared at the young feline. A cat who can't hunt? Concern flicking in his eyes, he sat getting more comfortable. "Olive, what have you been eating?" Instinct overcame him, and although Walker never thought of himself as a romantic cat, nor attracted to any cat. He had always wanted a family to care for. He shook his head. He wasn't going to help this cat anymore than he needed to. And he sure wasn't going to adopt her. Then he looked at her tiny frame again, "I can teach you how to hunt."

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.
Old April 7th, 2020, 12:31 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Walker stared at the young feline. A cat who can't hunt? Concern flicking in his eyes, he sat getting more comfortable. "Olive, what have you been eating?" Instinct overcame him, and although Walker never thought of himself as a romantic cat, nor attracted to any cat. He had always wanted a family to care for. He shook his head. He wasn't going to help this cat anymore than he needed to. And he sure wasn't going to adopt her. Then he looked at her tiny frame again, "I can teach you how to hunt."
Olive saw him getting comfortable and she thought friendly banter would start. Instead, she was hit by another one of his hard questions, making her uncharacteristically feel self-conscious about her frame under his gaze. She wasn’t used to it; usually she didn’t care, and she sat up, deciding not to let her frame get in the way of her getting to have a normal conversation. “Twoleg scraps?” She volunteered optimistically, but I came our more as a question, even to her own ears. “You would? Oh would you would you! Thank you Walker thank you!” Olive was ecstatic, and she stood up and went over to the older tom, licking his ears to thank him before flipping back down in her nest to rest her aching muscles. She was excited to finally learn to hunt; she found it so exciting! “It must be so exciting to hunt.” She breathed, her eyes wide and dreamy with wonder. “I always wondered what it was like. You must so good at it, just like you were good at defending me from the hawk!” Olive smiled, looking at him happily.

No star is lost at all

Old April 7th, 2020, 01:40 AM
The Only Unicorn Member

Quote:

Olive saw him getting comfortable and she thought friendly banter would start. Instead, she was hit by another one of his hard questions, making her uncharacteristically feel self-conscious about her frame under his gaze. She wasn’t used to it; usually she didn’t care, and she sat up, deciding not to let her frame get in the way of her getting to have a normal conversation. “Twoleg scraps?” She volunteered optimistically, but I came our more as a question, even to her own ears. “You would? Oh would you would you! Thank you Walker thank you!” Olive was ecstatic, and she stood up and went over to the older tom, licking his ears to thank him before flipping back down in her nest to rest her aching muscles. She was excited to finally learn to hunt; she found it so exciting! “It must be so exciting to hunt.” She breathed, her eyes wide and dreamy with wonder. “I always wondered what it was like. You must so good at it, just like you were good at defending me from the hawk!” Olive smiled, looking at him happily.
Walker was taken aback by all the appreciation and physical contact. He scowled, pushing her off. "Get off me you furball! We aren't friends!" He regained his stiff composure giving her another one of his icy glares. "Listen here, kit." He spat out the words, trying to pound their meaning into the she-cats head. "We. Are NOT friends. Ok? I will help you. I will take care of you until you are healed. Only when I say it's ok, is when we will go out there and I will teach you how to hunt. When I feel you are capable of taking care of yourself you will leave. Forever." He didn't mean for the words to come out as harsh as they did. But Walker felt uncomfortable with all this contact after being alone for so many moons. Why, he hadn't seen another cat since WELL before Leaf-fall. And he definitely hadn't spoken this many words to one in who knows how long? However he meant to say the words didn't matter anymore he had said them. And now he stood facing Olive, tail lashing.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.
Old April 7th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Walker was taken aback by all the appreciation and physical contact. He scowled, pushing her off. "Get off me you furball! We aren't friends!" He regained his stiff composure giving her another one of his icy glares. "Listen here, kit." He spat out the words, trying to pound their meaning into the she-cats head. "We. Are NOT friends. Ok? I will help you. I will take care of you until you are healed. Only when I say it's ok, is when we will go out there and I will teach you how to hunt. When I feel you are capable of taking care of yourself you will leave. Forever." He didn't mean for the words to come out as harsh as they did. But Walker felt uncomfortable with all this contact after being alone for so many moons. Why, he hadn't seen another cat since WELL before Leaf-fall. And he definitely hadn't spoken this many words to one in who knows how long? However he meant to say the words didn't matter anymore he had said them. And now he stood facing Olive, tail lashing.
Olive stumbled back a little, eyes wide with surprise at his sudden hostility, and frowned. She was not going to be abandoned again and instead she shrugged with a flick of her tail and she turned around, hiding her pounding heart as she circled up to lay down in the nest, trying to figure out how to respond. Laying down, she finally spoke. “You don’t mean that.” She said, but it was sounding kind of faint. She continued, her voice getting stronger until she was excited again. “We’ll be best friends, just wait and see!” With a mischievous grin, she added, “I’m hard to get rid of.” And flicked her tail smugly, proud of herself. She would not give up on this cranky tom no matter how much he yelled at her. I can’t go back to living alone. It was awful having no cat to talk to... She thought, suppressing a shudder while looking at Walker defiantly.

No star is lost at all

Last edited by Pluto; April 7th, 2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old April 8th, 2020, 02:24 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

Quote:

Olive stumbled back a little, eyes wide with surprise at his sudden hostility, and frowned. She was not going to be abandoned again and instead she shrugged with a flick of her tail and she turned around, hiding her pounding heart as she circled up to lay down in the nest, trying to figure out how to respond. Laying down, she finally spoke. “You don’t mean that.” She said, but it was sounding kind of faint. She continued, her voice getting stronger until she was excited again. “We’ll be best friends, just wait and see!” With a mischievous grin, she added, “I’m hard to get rid of.” And flicked her tail smugly, proud of herself. She would not give up on this cranky tom no matter how much he yelled at her. I can’t go back to living alone. It was awful having no cat to talk to... She thought, suppressing a shudder while looking at Walker defiantly.
Walker stared at her, his shoulders softening but his gaze still as icy as ever. Deep down he didn't really want to send Olive away. Yet the tom was so used to being alone. And it was so different having her here. "I will help you get better, I will teach you to hunt, then you will go." He studied her face for a second thinking about what it would be like when it was finally time for him to kick her out. "Now get some rest. You've been through a lot." He turned heading back into the forest to try his hand at hunting again. At least to clear his mind.

Old April 26th, 2020, 02:11 AM
The Only Unicorn Member

[Hey @Ombre Party, sorry it's taken me so long to get this started]

Walker poked his head into the den. It was starting to feel cramped, and he couldn't wait to get this she-cat out of his fur. "Furball, wake up!" He snapped. It had been a couple of weeks and he was ready to begin training this cat how to hunt. The prey had returned with the sun, and now there was more than enough to go around, as long as she didn't stay. I'll have to make that perfectly clear. He thought, she has to get as far away as possible. Yet, he found himself staring at Olive with sad eyes. Though he would never admit it, the company had been nice. Shaking his head he mewed again, this time a bit louder, "Wake up, it's time you learn how to hunt." He prodded her with a dark paw.

Old April 26th, 2020, 11:17 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
[Hey @Ombre Party, sorry it's taken me so long to get this started]

Walker poked his head into the den. It was starting to feel cramped, and he couldn't wait to get this she-cat out of his fur. "Furball, wake up!" He snapped. It had been a couple of weeks and he was ready to begin training this cat how to hunt. The prey had returned with the sun, and now there was more than enough to go around, as long as she didn't stay. I'll have to make that perfectly clear. He thought, she has to get as far away as possible. Yet, he found himself staring at Olive with sad eyes. Though he would never admit it, the company had been nice. Shaking his head he mewed again, this time a bit louder, "Wake up, it's time you learn how to hunt." He prodded her with a dark paw.
(It’s okay, my bad for not replying to the first one)

Olive was awoken by a sharp prodding and meowing. Her pale brown and white splotched fur was fluffed from a dream as she blinked away the grogginess. “Hunting?” She saw Walker’s sad eyes but in the moment they were gone, was wondering if she had imagined it. Excitement would’ve made her fur fluff it already was from sleep. Olive had liked spending tom with the old cranky tom. He was full of experience and stories and Olive was able to talk a lot with him. She jumped to her paws, eyes sparkling with excitement. ”I’m so excited! Where are we going? What is it like? I bet you catch a lot of prey all the time! I bet you’ll teach me all the best places to hunt! Oh, won’t you Walker won’t you?” Olive lashed her tail with excitement as she pranced around the den. Olive was glad to be fully healed. She had wanted to run and stretch her paws and hunt and now she could do it all. “Where are we going first?” The question came out more as an excited squeal but she didn’t mind.

No star is lost at all

Old April 27th, 2020, 02:33 AM
The Only Unicorn Member

Quote:

(It’s okay, my bad for not replying to the first one)

Olive was awoken by a sharp prodding and meowing. Her pale brown and white splotched fur was fluffed from a dream as she blinked away the grogginess. “Hunting?” She saw Walker’s sad eyes but in the moment they were gone, was wondering if she had imagined it. Excitement would’ve made her fur fluff it already was from sleep. Olive had liked spending tom with the old cranky tom. He was full of experience and stories and Olive was able to talk a lot with him. She jumped to her paws, eyes sparkling with excitement. ”I’m so excited! Where are we going? What is it like? I bet you catch a lot of prey all the time! I bet you’ll teach me all the best places to hunt! Oh, won’t you Walker won’t you?” Olive lashed her tail with excitement as she pranced around the den. Olive was glad to be fully healed. She had wanted to run and stretch her paws and hunt and now she could do it all. “Where are we going first?” The question came out more as an excited squeal but she didn’t mind.
Walker huffed, the sooner this she-cat was out of his fur the better. He swept his tail, motioning for her to follow. He poked his head out of the den into the dappling sun. They prey had returned in abundance now that is was Newleaf, and they had dealt with the hawk. He just hoped it didn't attract more cats. Ugh, I hope it's not so easy Olive thinks she can stick around. Hunting was much easier for Walker now with a lot more prey, he didn't have to be tempted to climb a tree to try and chase down a bird or squirrel. He shivered at the thought of heights. "We'll start by the roots at the base of the river. Prey like to look for a drink in their shelter, it's a tight squeeze if they're in the roots, but if you're fast you can get them while they're out in the open."