Today 11:12 PM
×° Shrew's humble little...
by Shrew
Last post by Shrew
Today 10:51 PM

Old January 1st, 2020, 04:23 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: New Beginnings (Open)

Honey saw Moon stiffen, contracting herself for a pounce. She tensed her body, thoughts being replaced by instinct. Squirrels were in the trunk near Moon; she smelled them. She shifted near to the bough, salivating. She did not think about the past or the future, the forest or the season; her attention was solely on the squirrels who were undoubtedly at rest. She licked her lips, staring greedily at the hollow. @BlueGamerGirl (Happy New Year!)
Old January 2nd, 2020, 04:31 PM

My Mood: Busy

(You too!)

Moon pounced. Her hind paws found purchase on the lower branch, and she hooked her claws into the sides of the oak’s hole, seeing an adult squirrel and two babies. The hole was small, and she could only stick her paws in. She flayed her unsheathed paw around inside and caught ahold of fur. One of the babies shrieked as she yanked it out, while the others were so panicked that the mother and other baby fell out of the hole and plummeted toward the snowy ground where Honey was waiting.

She then pinned the baby down on the branch she was standing on and quickly dispatched of it with a bite to the neck. Now that she could see it better, she noticed that the little thing looked like it wasn’t too long before it would have become an adult. She picked it up into her jaw and carefully started to climb down the tree.

She noticed how high she was off the ground once she started her climb. If the squirrels fell from this height, then they should be injured enough to make an easy kill for Honey...
@Dogwolf12

Last edited by BlueGamerGirl; January 2nd, 2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old January 4th, 2020, 08:36 PM

Honey watched as Moon pounced, swiftly placing her claws inside the little hollow and yanking out a young squirrel. The pair of other squirrels - an adult and another juvenile - careened to the ground. Honey observed in seeming slow motion as they fell to the snowy turf, analysing the scene. The mother is bigger and it will recover first. So I need to take out the mother squirrel and then the young one.

As they both landed, sending up small puffs of snow, Honey pounced. She bit the neck of the mother before wheeling on the younger squirrel, just coming out of its daze. She hooked it with her claw like Moon had to its sibling then gave it another small nip.

"That was a lovely trick, thanks for showing me!" Honey called to her companion, who was now climbing the trunk with practiced ease. She placed the two squirrels in a small pile near the base of the tree, waiting for Moon.
Old January 6th, 2020, 05:37 PM

"No problem!" She yowled back to Honey through a mouthful of squirrel fur. She reached the base of the trunk and leaped onto the snowy ground lightly, then padded over to her. She set the third squirrel down in the pile and looked at the two cats' feast that they would have: and in Leafbare no less! "You did good catching the other two that fell." she commented to Honey, remembering how happy she felt when her mother praised her using similar words.

The sun had set, leaving the crescent moon to rise in the clear night sky, and the stars to twinkle around it. Moon looked up into the sky, always loving clear nights like this. She smiled as she thought to herself, maybe being with someone else isn't all that bad... She looked at Honey and smiled at her, "We should probably find somewhere to rest and eat our kill. Hope your hungry!" she teased as she went to grab the two smaller squirrels to take them to wherever Honey's den was. "We could go to your den if you want; I don't have a permanent home that I stay at currently."
@Dogwolf12
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:56 AM

Honey smiled. "Thank you! Your climbing is amazing, I'd never be able to do that! I guess I don't really have a permanent den either - I just found that log and decided to use it for the night. We can certainly go there if you want. It might be nicer to have someplace out of the snow. And I'm ravenous." Despite her mouse earlier, it was true; she had worked up an appetite through talking and crying and leaf-bare food wasn't usually substantial.

Gripping the adult, she moved to Moon's side, placing her paws in the snow and smiling through the squirrel's thick fur. "Are you coming?" @BlueGamerGirl
Old January 11th, 2020, 07:08 PM

(FOR THE FLIPPING THIRD TIME, HOPING IT DOESN'T ERASE AGAIN... -_-)

"No problem!" she purred in reply to her complement. It seems to Moon as well that the two cats are finding more and more similarities to each other. "Of course. Lets head there!"

She smiled warmly to Honey. "Luckily, we have a good score of food that will satisfy the hunger of approximately two adult she-cats. However, this leaf bare trick would only work for maybe for times if your lucky." she added. She had various other tricks to keep her afloat during this season, but this was one of her favorites.

"Of course!" she nodded. Moon was starting to get a bit chilled, so she let Honey lead the way to her little log den.

@Dogwolf12
Old January 15th, 2020, 05:16 PM

@Dogwolf12 ?

Last edited by BlueGamerGirl; January 15th, 2020 at 05:16 PM.