losing sanity

Bump Policy: 3 days normally 1 day if urgent
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

━━━━━▲━━━━━
Fishkit ▲ She/Her ▲ Kit ▲ 7M ▲ ShadowClan
━━━━━▼━━━━━

[ @Estelle ]

Fishkit walked into the nursery her eyes adjusting to the darkness with in the den, it felt weird walking in here again she felt too old to even be in here she didnt like it, but she hoped it wouldn't last long and she could become an apprentice this next meeting hopefully. Once fishkit made it fully into the den her gaze shifted to look around. Nothing was new, maybe a few more kits, and her mother… Fishkits eyes focused on the gnarly scar on nightshivers face a reminder of when fish snuck out and got both her mother and herself injured, leaving her stuck in the medicine cats den for nearly a whole moon alone except besides mossfreckle and any other ill cats, but fishkit felt alone the whole time she was in there feeling shunned for her mistake, Feeling as if no cat in this clan even liked her anymore, but her father The ONLY cat who visited her. Fishkits face grew into an upset frown as she turned away from her mother finding a nest to lay in making sure her back was faced toward the white queen.

After a small moment of silence she spoke “ W-why didnt you visit me? she asked, trying to hide the hurt in her voice. FIshkit just wanted even a small hello, would have made if fine , but not even that happened…Did her mother not love her anymore after she caused her to get hurt, or did she just stop loving her now that she was older? Fishkit sighed resting her head on her cream paws waiting for a response

☽༓☾
Risingstorm is one of thunderclans hornets if he is needed, mention me.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════
[Fishkit] ☽༓☾ [ Grapevine ]

Last edited by Spider; October 15th, 2024 at 08:39 AM.
Old October 15th, 2024, 08:51 PM
chronic napper

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Fanatic

mosskit rolled around
Old October 16th, 2024, 01:17 PM
EPIC

Bump Policy: ★Within 6 hours of you making a post! Please bump me or I'll cry★
My Mood: Spooky

Batkit stared blankly at the nursery wall

(Activity post)

Old October 17th, 2024, 07:08 AM
˚₊ ⋆ ☠︎︎ ⋆ ₊˚

Bump Policy: ✮Every few days✮

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Petalkit ♥︎ SC Kit ♥︎ 2 Moons ♥︎ She-Cat
She/Her ♥︎ Sometimes Mute ♥︎ Open/Activity
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Petalkit sat in her nest in silence. Their huge green eyes staring at nothing in particular.

Stone/Shadow (Rouge) ♡ Cherry (Outsider) ♡ Cherryheart (MC) ♡ Shadowfall (VC) ♡ Ravenweb (VC)
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: any time

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan medicine cat app | purrks ]
[ #rookMCA24 ]
hesitance. the medic briefly lingered in front of the nursery before stepping in. unlike what you may think, rookfire was not there to visit any of the kits (though he wouldnt mind seeing any), no no, he was entering the one place within camp that made him slightly uncomfortable to seek out nightshiver. the light furred forever queen had earned his appreciation back when moonkit (was that their name?), their mother and flytail had gotten themselves into trouble and the queen asked him to accompany her out of camp, provide her the permission and some support which he had been happy to give. he wasnt really the nursing kind himself and a lot of kits or younger apprentices made him a bit uncomfortable, especially with the lack of personal boundaries they knew about, he could still hugely appreciate the she cats dedication to raising shadowclans young. now, that doesnt specify why he's here though.
whereas he didnt really care about fishkit and was sure hawkbite would take his recovery in stride, back to normal by now already, he was concerned about nightshivers current state, relating to the nerves she may suffer from following such a incident.
the scent of the nursery was by far his least favourite part of interacting with kits, milky sweet and almost sickening, it clung to each and every cat that had spent a considerate time within the den and felt like it would suffocate rookfire if he stayed around for too long. which was worth it, to see and confirm nightshiver was doing alright.
lingering in the entrance while eyes darted around the den, he wasnt waiting to be invited but rather waiting to metaphorically jump over his own shadow in entering uninvited. "nightshiver" he slowly made his way over to the queen, overly aware of where he put his paws in order to avoid stepping on any tails or small children. "how're ya doin'?"

[ @Estelle ]

Rookfire is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat Apprentice ☆
━━━━━━━━
Rook's tracker || Shadowclan Healing || placeholder
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM
˚₊ ⋆ ☠︎︎ ⋆ ₊˚

Bump Policy: ✮Every few days✮

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
⋆♱Petalkit♱⋆
SC Kit ✶ She-Kit (She/Her) ✶ 2 Moons ✶ Straight
✶Short russet fur with bright green eyes✶
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Petalkit sleepily woke up from her sleep, her paws stretched out in front of her. She lifted her head up and looked around the nursery before laying it back down to chew on her mossball.

[Open/Activity]

Stone/Shadow (Rouge) ♡ Cherry (Outsider) ♡ Cherryheart (MC) ♡ Shadowfall (VC) ♡ Ravenweb (VC)
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

°LionPaw°
Male | 6 Moons | Posts: 8/100
long hair dark brown braided tabby with baby blue eyes and white specks on his fur, large tail, pushed in snout
Purrks: None
@Estelle

He stood still for a moment, having a solid stance as he peered at his mother. Her face—why couldn’t he have been there? Once- once he got battle training. He should’ve been there to protect her with Hawk-Guy. Why wasn’t he there and ready? Why did that- that disgrace of a kit have to sneak out and cause this? He couldn’t help the anger that boiled in him, the accusations that he prevented from shooting at any cat possible.

Why…why’d you have to go mama? Why did FishKit have to sneak out and cause this…” he couldn’t help adding a twinge of disgust at the kits name. She was scarred for life cause of the things recklessness. When she approached her went up to his tippy-toes and placed his head on her shoulder, relieved to have her back again.

Then questions of his mentor huh? He wasn’t quite sure yet. “Thanks mama…I’m alright. My mentor…she seems a bit off, her kit as well. I really really wished HawkBite coulda been my mentor…he said he’s train me though…

Nightshiver
[ 59 moons | She / Her | Shc Forever Queen ]

Feeling his head rest upon her shoulder she wrapped a gentle paw around his back and held her son close, resting her own head lightly atop his, allowing herself a second to close her eyes and take in this moment. She didn't hug her children enough, didn't give them enough attention she found, and yet Lionpaw was still so loving. She was always so busy working around the nursery... But stars, these were her children. Even if she didn't bear them. Lionpaw was her son, and she loved him so, so much.

Opening her eyes, she nuzzled the top of his head; noting the disdain in his voice as he spoke of Fishkit, she twisted her head to look Lionpaw in the eyes.
"I'm sorry... if I... if I scared... you. Some..Sometimes... kits get... curious, and... well..."
She trailed off.
"But that is... why I... am here. The kits..., they a-are... my respon..responsibility. Sometimes... They don't.. realise how... dangerous it is... out there, and... Fishkit..."
Guilt. She felt guilt over letting Fishkit escape, over falling asleep when she did and fail to protect her daughter.

"I don't... know w..why exactly... Fishkit ... wanted to... leave. But.. She i-is a... a kit of... ShadowClan, and... my daughter, too. It is... it is my duty.... to protect her.., them, and you."
She leaned to touch her nose to his forehead.
"I would... have d-done the... the same, if it... were you, or any...kit, in f-face... of that.. fox. Or... any.. danger."

A gentle smile spread across her maw, gaze gentle and affectionate. She was curious to hear about the mentor, when Lionpaw mentioned them seeming a bit off.
"Who... is it?"
She asked to be sure, head tilting as she rested her paw against Lionpaw's.
"I'm sure... he will. Hawk..Hawkbite has... given training... to many... warriors and.. apprentices... of the clan. And... I know you.. you will do... amazing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post

━━━━━▲━━━━━
Fishkit ▲ She/Her ▲ Kit ▲ 7M ▲ ShadowClan
━━━━━▼━━━━━

[ @Estelle ]

Fishkit walked into the nursery her eyes adjusting to the darkness with in the den, it felt weird walking in here again she felt too old to even be in here she didnt like it, but she hoped it wouldn't last long and she could become an apprentice this next meeting hopefully. Once fishkit made it fully into the den her gaze shifted to look around. Nothing was new, maybe a few more kits, and her mother… Fishkits eyes focused on the gnarly scar on nightshivers face a reminder of when fish snuck out and got both her mother and herself injured, leaving her stuck in the medicine cats den for nearly a whole moon alone except besides mossfreckle and any other ill cats, but fishkit felt alone the whole time she was in there feeling shunned for her mistake, Feeling as if no cat in this clan even liked her anymore, but her father The ONLY cat who visited her. Fishkits face grew into an upset frown as she turned away from her mother finding a nest to lay in making sure her back was faced toward the white queen.

After a small moment of silence she spoke “ W-why didnt you visit me? she asked, trying to hide the hurt in her voice. FIshkit just wanted even a small hello, would have made if fine , but not even that happened…Did her mother not love her anymore after she caused her to get hurt, or did she just stop loving her now that she was older? Fishkit sighed resting her head on her cream paws waiting for a response

Nightshiver

When a familiar scent mixed with that of fresh herbs filled the den, Nightshiver turned around to find a scarred young cat that both ignited relief and pain in her heart.
"Fishkit.."
She whispered, her voice soft when her breath caught in her throat seeing the long, winding scar that traced her baby's body. And her heart broke. She was unable to move as Fishkit turned her back on her, the queen feeling chocked up and trying to hold back tears. Even more so when her daughter spoke.

"I.. I'm... sorry I... c-couldn't.... protect... you."
A chocked whisper came from her maw, the queen hesitantly approaching her daughter, walking around the next to face her, her vision blurry with tears she desperately tried to hold back.
"I'm... s-sorry I... didn't... visit you..;"
She took a shaky breath, coming down to her paws to be level with her daughter.
"It doesn't... mean I.. l-love you... any less... Fishkit, b-but I..."
She trailed off. She didn't want to burden her daughter with her concerns, and yet... Somewhere, she knew withholding the truth could only do more harm. She knew she had to be honest, Fishkit deserved as much.

"I didn't... visit, Fishkit, b-because... I was... sc-scared. I was... I am so,, so scared... what happened... t-to you... will happened... to someone... e-else... too. As... as soon as... I w-was... back, here, I... I can't... risk... another kit... getting out... getting.. hurt."
Her voice trembled.
"I.. I know I... should have... visited, but.. I couldn't... risk.. a-another... kit getting... out i-in... my.. absence. I don't... want an..any one... else to get... hurt, too."

She tried to reach out, hoping Fishkit would allow her to briefly, gently rest her head against her daughter's.
"I... I hope.. maybe, you can... understand... my love. But... e-even if... you can't... know, that.. that I will... always.. love you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan medicine cat app | purrks ]
[ #rookMCA24 ]
hesitance. the medic briefly lingered in front of the nursery before stepping in. unlike what you may think, rookfire was not there to visit any of the kits (though he wouldnt mind seeing any), no no, he was entering the one place within camp that made him slightly uncomfortable to seek out nightshiver. the light furred forever queen had earned his appreciation back when moonkit (was that their name?), their mother and flytail had gotten themselves into trouble and the queen asked him to accompany her out of camp, provide her the permission and some support which he had been happy to give. he wasnt really the nursing kind himself and a lot of kits or younger apprentices made him a bit uncomfortable, especially with the lack of personal boundaries they knew about, he could still hugely appreciate the she cats dedication to raising shadowclans young. now, that doesnt specify why he's here though.
whereas he didnt really care about fishkit and was sure hawkbite would take his recovery in stride, back to normal by now already, he was concerned about nightshivers current state, relating to the nerves she may suffer from following such a incident.
the scent of the nursery was by far his least favourite part of interacting with kits, milky sweet and almost sickening, it clung to each and every cat that had spent a considerate time within the den and felt like it would suffocate rookfire if he stayed around for too long. which was worth it, to see and confirm nightshiver was doing alright.
lingering in the entrance while eyes darted around the den, he wasnt waiting to be invited but rather waiting to metaphorically jump over his own shadow in entering uninvited. "nightshiver" he slowly made his way over to the queen, overly aware of where he put his paws in order to avoid stepping on any tails or small children. "how're ya doin'?"

[ @Estelle ]

Nightshiver

[ TW: This post contains mentions of malnourishment / possible ED, mistreatment and repeat anxiety within the first three paragraphs ]

Exhaustion. It was a familiar feeling for the forever queen; she had spent most of her apprentice moons exhausted, afraid to fall asleep due to the nightmares that plagued her mind day in day out and haunted her for moons to come. And once again, exhaustion, when she finally found her way back to the clans, pregnant and malnourished, unable to eat when her body required it and her body strained and exhausted from moons spent awake, in fear, and little to no nourishment. It took moons before the forever queen had finally gained some semblance of a healthy lifestyle and good night's sleep; most often she would still lay awake late out of pure habit, or be disturbed in the wee hours by another inescapable nightmare, but they had grown less frequent. More tame. And even on the busiest days within the nursery, eventually, she found herself able to sleep through the night after ensuring all kits were properly tucked into their nests and resting.

That is, up until recent. She knew she should have taken better care, especially when carrying the kittens of another couple, but the queen couldn't help it. She always had been anxious, she always had grown up fearing for her life and position in the clan every single day of her life, and then again when she was stuck with those foul people and felines alike in a secluded corner some ways away from the twoleg place, locked up in a small stone-cold cage and barely fed, and whatever which was given, often stolen by those around her. This wasn't much comparable, if it weren't for her ever lasting anxiety. Fishkit had gotten out and gotten almost mortally wounded, and she knew it was her own fault. She knew that if she hadn't fallen asleep Fishkit would not have escaped, and none would have been injured. She had to thank the stars Dawnstar had been merciful and not kicked her out of the clan right then and there, yet part of her remained worried. And not just for her place within the clan, but most of all, that such incidents might repeat itself.

That is why the forever queen had locked herself to the nursery, refusing to walk beyond its threshold unless needed for the care and safety of a kitten, or a task she may be asked to complete. Even when changing the nest's bedding she had turned to asking Sleepysunrise or a willing apprentice to bring her some moss, the earlier of which often complied in running these little errands for the queen, and apprentices found small tasks in doing so. Such was her life, ridden with sleepless nights and days spent inside a singular den with little social interaction beyond the young that lived here; and if it meant that it kept them safe, then so she would live. It was not much difference from the life she used to spent, besides, their safety and well-being was her priority.

Not that she ever had many visitors. Fishkit still resided here, Lionpaw came by recently, Sleepysunrise was hardly talkative, and other than that she sometimes saw Hawkbite when he had a moment of free time. She had gotten acquainted to the different ways in which these four may appear (or three, more like) and found herself able to withstand their sudden appearances. The same could not be said for others. So when Rookfire suddenly appeared, his voices ringing behind her, the tired queen visibly startled and whipped her head around fast enough to get a sense of whiplash, a bout of anxiety gripping her heart for fear that her time had come. That she was being demoted or kicked out.

But his query was simple, welcoming, almost. Such stoic tones were not unfamiliar to her, yet the queen had to regain her composer before an almost awkward yet relieved and concerned smile minutely spread on her maw, approaching the enforcer whom she knew to be reliable, if anything. She unsure how to answer at first, not all too often on the receiving end of such question with the exception of Hawkbite.
"W-well... I have b-been... well."
A white lie, quite truthfully, but reliable as he was Rookfire needn't know the extend of her concerns.
"And.. you, how.. how are.. you? A-and your... new.. position? Ah.. did yo-ou.. need... anything?"

Last edited by Estelle; Yesterday at 10:34 PM.