Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Reliving the Days
Last post by Estelle
Today 09:15 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by squidz
Today 09:12 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Estelle
Today 09:06 PM
Age and experience [p]
by Rani
Last post by Estelle
Today 09:03 PM
Dawning Woods
by Rose
Last post by otter
Today 08:55 PM

Old October 4th, 2024, 07:59 PM
stare at the sun

Default do what you won't regret | p

hand-warmed coins dropped under couches. it smelled like those. blood, anyway. it was blood. tangy. irritating because it was faintly sweet, yet it still seeped underneath his claws. the tackiness is hard to wash away. a creek would do better, if he knew where he was going to find one.

well. he did.

he got his answer after all. covered in blood, compass rusted and map yellowed with poor choices, in perfect hindsight.

i'm justified. just this once.

(hello i'm right here.)

a dry tone to match the dry grass. no rivers here, nope.

well.

there's this scent.

what - seems familiar -

Vulturefang.

not exactly the ugly tom he grappled with once? twice? and glared at too many times to count, but he knew the scent best off of him, moons later and earths away. which meant...

ShadowClan.

ugh. those guys?? he'd have preferred to stumble across RiverClan - if just to wash his damn paws. besides, he never fought Gingerfrost. just Vulturefang. and anyways, Dawnstar was practically a nightmare come true. she could pick him up by the scruff and hurl him halfway across the clans, if he didn't get killed from being in close proximity to her first.

however, judging by the lack of impending doom he'd felt at the Surge, he assumed the titan wasn't there.

(so you'll stand there like an idiot, then?)

his gaze swept over the shadows cast by the coniferous pines, needles like raven feathers blocking out the sunlight. what a desolate place to live, he mused with little pity. it looked no different than the many times he'd patrolled along Herondive Hollow in the past, across the ravine and atop the tree trunk bridge.

the shadows warped and grew, rising in ocean tides and flickering like flames licking at the soft bark. they danced a haunting dance, and sent numb chills creeping up his extremities. crawling ivy quivered as his russet, grungy pelt brushed it. dew from the underside of the broad leaves slicked onto his fur when he halted and settled back uneasily on his scarred haunches.

(this again?)

like i can help it.

(hear that?)

hear what? ears stood up on alert and swiveled around to catch the sounds in the wells of cartilage. the whistle wind. chittering finches.

hear what?

eyes narrowed. i swear to that holier-than-thou council, if there's patrol out there bumbling over right now... he grumbled unhappily under his raspy breath.

(get going, would you?
@alec / rookfire

Last edited by val; October 4th, 2024 at 08:00 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: any time
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: do what you won't regret | p

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan medicine cat app | purrks ]
[ #rookMCA24 ]
traversing along the stretch of shadowclan territory once more, paws heavy with moisture and the air a biting cool evident of the changing seasons. the sky was a pale blue, thin whisps of clouds stretching sparingly across the watercolour tinted endless horizon, pale reds and oranges stretching further and further as the sun rose over the thick canopy of evergreen trees. it wasnt quite cool enough for rookfires breathing to whisp little clouds in the air with every exhale, but it burned at the back of his throat all the same, in a way, it felt like drowning he'd imagine. the only thing he was missing now was the building pressure, the weight of a indescribeble amount of water pressing down on his chest as lungs scream for air. irrelevant thoughts dissintipated without the foggy landscape of his mind like the moisture dried off the grass and trees as each day stretched on.

he was close to the border now, shifting attention from pondering life to keeping an eye open for outsiders, the leaves of bushes shifting in the slight breeze and eventual creaking of old trees accompanied by the heavy woody smell ever reaccouring after rainfall and at this time of the season cycle, in the early moments of each day. ever the shadowclan warrior (or at least trying to be) rookfire kept quiet as he slipped along trees and through undergrowth, avoiding the rustle of bushes, moving along the wind and masking his own steps by its whistle and shake. by the time rookfire peeked through, cool grey eyes finally finding the imaginary line of very much real scent markers he knew what had caused the unusual alertness besides the cool temperatures. clearly close to the border, a unfamiliar cat, one he didnt hesitate to approach. pushing out through a thorned piece of undergrowth, the medic stepped into the light. "what're you doin' here?" accusatory, that was reflecting clearly in his tone, entirely ignoring that at this moment in time, the outsider was yet to cross the border. they are close enough to pose a risk his mind supplied helpfully as if he wasnt already well aware of that aspect of their situation.

[ here i am! finally. @val ]

Rookfire is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat Apprentice ☆
━━━━━━━━
Rook's tracker || Shadowclan Healing || placeholder
Old Today, 07:13 PM
stare at the sun

Default Re: do what you won't regret | p

(SEE WHAT I TOLD YOU.)

you didn't tell me -

tongue caught, snagged, thorns in his throat constricting tight, no no no (you can do this), what kind of positivity garbage was that -

"i'm takin' over ShadowClan. duh," he snapped, unbridled sarcasm and dryness (dehydrated, much?) curdling something rotten yet familiar in his tone. "what the - hell - can't a - " he broke off his sputtering sentence, stumbling over the clamoring shouts of IRK shoving to make themselves known through his voice. he grit his teeth and bit them back, their words taking advantage of his disorientation.

(calm down.)

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO I'LL KILL US BOTH!!
a rough paw scrubbed down over his face tiredly, and congratulations, now the crust was on his maw. he flexed his claws again, tightening them over his muzzle briefly before slamming the paw down onto the forest floor. the hairs on his spine lifted from the sheer irritation shuddering in his veins. a scream died in his throat before it could sound.

his dull gaze flicked over the strange pelt. two-tone. muscular. kinda skinny. scars... scars... his eyes lingered on those longer, then drifted to the face. the eye.

can i fight him? just 'cause?

(a breeze could knock your pathetic ass to the ground.)

he licked his parched tongue over his one cracked canine. a mistake of his. a can had looked appealing enough in a particularly desperate moment when he'd still been in the Twolegplace.

(also could you please stop having an episode in front of your new friend.)

a sigh. "y'wan' me t' leave, yeah? that's what this's 'bout?" he mumbled out. he already knew the stranger's answer. it had to be any clan cat's answer. of course they wanted him to leave. he would've said the same. and more.

his tail unfurled from his side, as he'd unknowingly wrapped it close around himself in some pathetic self-hug, and he trapped it under his paws briefly to pry a bramble or burr or whatever loose from it. With that matter resolved, he got to his paws, careful of his ratcheting heart-rate.

(pass out in front of this guy. it'd be hilarious.)

i'd rather not.
@alec | ^_^