Last post by Scary_Sage
Today 08:29 PM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by geoblazer
Today 08:25 PM

Old October 14th, 2024, 10:52 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Sky Glade

Crowtooth
Windclan Deputy | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The deputy could feel a dull throb in his shoulder, a sure hint of a bruise from the impact to form but he was sure the pain he felt was nothing compared to his brother. Hawkfur... His brother would bare these scars for his life at best if treated soon and even then that was the best case scenario. And the thought that he'd gained these wounds trying to save Crowtooth was terrifying.

Darting over to make certain the other tom was far enough from the flame to be safe Crowtooths ears pinned back, distressed as he checked over Hawkfur rasping as he gently nuzzled and nudged at the tom, checking him over. "Nonono dont move, just stay still. I... Ok ya stay still an' we'll sort this out. If ya can just hang on fer a bit we'll get ya ta Lightningstorm just.... Just stay still I promise you'll be alright."

The toms temper and hold on himself was fraying, distress and worry bleeding into his stoic determination. That much was clear as, twitching each time as every single damn cat stopped what they were doing in the wake of this and asked what to do, ignoring the fire behind them. Even if it was smaller it was still going so why was everyone just standing around?! Eventually that strained temper snapped, the anger not really aimed at anyone but present never the less.
"STARS DAMMIT YA USELESS MORONS STOP STANDIN' THERE ASKIN' ME WHAT TA DO AND PUT OUT THE DAMN FIRE!!!!"

The words were roared, spittle flying from the toms face as he finally righted himself to resume the work, attacking the fire with soaked moss and dirt with rage like killing it would remove the burn from Hawkfur. He couldnt do it alone however, put out what still burned so the patrol better get off their asses and help now or it'd be hell to pay. Speaking of...

"OWLSCREECH! ON YER PAWS! FALLS! MOSS! NOW!!! Or I swear ta god Im gonna tan yer hide!"
Even if it wasnt life threatening a new load of soaked moss would help both putting out the blaze and dulling Hawkfurs pain, so the spotters silence and lack of action was unacceptable.

---

Eventually when Crowtooths muscles ached from the effort of shoveling mass amounts of dirt to smother the fire and he was so over exerted he was gasping for breath, coughing almost every wheeze from the the thin smoke. Eventually only then did the fire seem to fade going out, the last flick of orange fading to nothing.

Event [#event]

It was over, finally over. Some injuries taken and some trouble spent but under your moss and dirt and surrounded by bare earth all that is left of the fire that once endangered the clan. Thin whips of ash float from the smothered pile on occasion, but even those are dying as the smoke fades from the air. In no time all that will remain of this threat is charred bits of grass and plant, soon to fade with the next rain.

It's over, time to take the news to Twilightstar and the clan.

@Mica @Alchemist Kitsune @Aroogi @Tallstar @Splitmoon

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!

Last edited by Rani; October 14th, 2024 at 10:52 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Cheerful

Owelscreech stood up, nodding she instantly ran off to get moss.
@Rani
Old Today, 06:02 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Dapplebreeze |
72 Moons - WindClan Fury Lieutenant

Agatha Kitty - Active | Silver Tongue - Active | Killer Aptitude [Tier 3] - Inactive

The fury's orders were conflicting with her first instinct to rush towards the flames. She hadn't accompanied the fire fighter's to ensure her fur was wet and therefore less flammable. She was also to keep an eye on the warrior that had disobeyed orders in case he got any bright ideas... such as becoming yet another injury in the group. With her own apprentice present, the mentoring she'd had engrained into her very soul was flared up, ensuring one thing above all else. To obey the chain of command. If she were to simply fall into the flames and injure herself, she couldn't refute any blame. She would have gone against orders. Assisted in the elevated chaos. How would she be able to look her apprentice in the eye if she failed to be a role model here?

But she was still admittedly confused. Vinepaw's question made sense. Their task was done. They were not equipped to combat the flames the same way the bigger patrol was, and considering Hawkfur's injury, it was clear that running in without command was out of the question. But both Birchpaw and Owlscreech had their orders. They were to combat the flames. This was their intended purpose, much as Dapplebreeze loathed to even consider her growing sapling to put himself in danger. The same danger that might still take Hawkfur's life away. But if they didn't put out the flames, who would?

And then it happened. The... admittedly tantrum styled command yowled insultingly by the deputy. While the lieutenant understood where his frustrations came from, she couldn't help but narrow her eyes mildly in disappointment. This was not the time to lose one's head. Had Twilightstar lost her calm and begun insulting cats left and right when the fire was first discovered, the clan would have devolved to nothing more than noise and death. Yes, this was frustrating. Yes, she wanted nothing more than to grab her son-in-law and run back to camp and demand he be treated. But the cats here were looking to him for direction because they might be paralyzed in fear, Hawkfur's injury catching them all off guard. It was up to Crowtooth to guide, not take his anger out on his clanmates.

Regardless her feelings on the matter, however, Dapplebreeze understood one thing clearly from the deputy's screaming. She could ignore previous commands and fight the fire in earnest now! There was no time to go to the falls and gather moss. To wet her fur to secure her safety. The clan's safety was far more necessary than hers. As far as she knew, she had lived a full life by this point. Far longer than most clanmates got. She would not be bogged down by risk or pain.

The former queen was quick to realize that there were both of these in plenty. Gritting her teeth, however, she pounded her paws to the dirt, scooping from the dug up mounds the trench had left and with as much care as a swift pace allowed compacting it upon the flames. She dared not simply toss the dirt towards the fire. Not anymore. Not when there was the risk of another spark carrying over with flying dirt and flaring up upon someone else.

The skin under her paws raw and seared, every step she took brought a jolt of agony down her limbs, the throbbing when it was left alone not much more pleasant than the motions needed to finish her task. Her lungs rasped from the smoke inhaled, shoulders aching from the effort of the dig and the compacting of the earth. And yet it all paled when confronted with Hawkfur's condition. How would she be able to face her daughter in StarClan if she failed to protect the family she had left behind? If she was not the unbreakable feline her darling bird had once thought her to be.

Avoiding a limp to the best of her abilities, Dapplebreeze padded towards Hawkfur once the flames were out. Swallowing both her pain and concern. Her face a carefully crafted mask of diligence. She had no way of being certain if she could allow any emotion to leak out, the threat of sobbing with each step taken not one she wished to test in any level. Crowtooth's breathing was far more ragged than hers. There was no way the tom would be able to lift her son-in-law alone all the way back to camp. And she would be damned if she was not allowed to help in ensuring his safety after the deputy's previous little outburst.

"Let's get you back to camp and taken care of, my dear," she mewed, her voice tired yet unwavering as she offered a small, encouraging smile that failed to reach her gaze as her pads pulsated against the nearly scorched soil beneath.

@Rani [Crowtooth] | @Mica [Hawkfur]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old Today, 08:36 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 54 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes]
Purrks: Flock Together T3, Killer Aptitude T1
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Hanged Man ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ] [Dapplebreeze - @Alchemist Kitsune ] [@/anyone else]
· · ────────────── · ·
Crowtooth's touch was met with grunts and half-hearted reassurances, Hawkfur's eyes increasingly glazed with pain as the burn went without water to soothe it. "Crowtooth--I'm fine I--seriously--I'm not going to die???" The russet Fury's voice rose in pitch and volume, panic caused by Crowtooth's panic flaring in his eyes. Was it that bad???? He didn't want to look at his leg in case what he saw confirmed Crowtooth's obsessive worrying. Oh nooooo no no no no this is bad really bad really really bad right he wouldn't be acting like that if it wasn't really really bad--Hawkfur was vaguely aware of everyone standing around, only Crowtooth's snarling threats startling them into action. Fear flared in Hawkfur's chest as Dapplebreeze lunged for the flames, almost as if she WANTED to get her dry fur scorched (I hate you Alch - Mica)!! His brother finally stopped fussing over him and went to finish putting out the blaze, earning a weak grin. "Yeah, g-good work everyone, I'm just gonna... gonna sit here for a sec..." Stars, he was so tired. And when did it become so cold all of a sudden? Shivers wracked his body, occasionally jerking his leg and earning a hiss of frustrated pain. Ugh, what a useless lump of a cat he was!! Honestly...

Soon enough, the fire was finally extinguished. Crowtooth looked a little worse for wear, his breaths uneven and punctuated with coughs. Hawkfur pushed himself to unsteady paws, leaning against his friend to support him even though he was practically dead on his paws himself. Man, he could really use a nap... His vision swam as he straightened, an shakey exhale forced from his lips as he stumbled. Looked like Owlscreech wasn't coming back with that moss any time soon. Luckily, Dapplebreeze pressed up against his uninjured side and held his weight. Hawkfur grunted in thanks, trying to give her a reassuring smile that felt more like a grimace. He was glad to see she was alright. In his borderline-delirious state he didn't notice her limp. But his thoughts were dancing around his head like rabbits, and he was getting tired of chasing them. "A'least I'll... have a badass scar ta tell sstories abou'." He chuckled, accent thickening with drowsiness. He managed to walk the rest of the way home with Dapplebreeze's help, wanting nothing more than some water and to see his kids.

[No need to reply to any of this just wrapping up his thoughts o7]

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)

Last edited by Mica; Today at 08:37 PM.