Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
QUARANTINE!!
by dino.
Last post by Spooky_Blossom
Today 02:14 PM
Among the shadows, beneath...
by Estelle
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 02:08 PM
A mentor for willowpaw
Last post by Spooky_Blossom
Today 02:03 PM
A runaway marriage?!...
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 02:03 PM
Lightning Training !
Last post by RainFall Wonders
Today 01:57 PM

Old October 8th, 2024, 02:53 PM
<3

Bump Policy: 4 days, 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Aspenpaw's Training [P]

Floodsight
✦ RiverClan | 22 moons | Mind Reader ; Beefed Up T3 ; empty slot

This one was full of surprises. One moment, he'd been confident and the next, it was a mouth full of water. She'd almost launched herself to grab the little one by the scuff, and definitely will so, if that happened again. "Keep her head up high, out of the water."

She did as she explained before lifting her paws off the riverbed slightly before falling back down. The silver she-cat gracefully floated in the water in a bobbing motion. Once in a while, she'd kicked her paws off the river's floor. "As long as you can touch the river's floor, you'll be able to kick yourself upwards. This helps you float for a seconds..."

Floodsight moved further into the lesson, demonstrating a paddling motion with her paws. "And if you rotate your legs and paws in a circular motion by pushing down on the water, it helps you stay upwards without kicking the riverbed."

"Swimming can be tiring, so let me know if you're ever feeling tired." She reminded, before giving him the time and space to try floating once more.

[ @burntToast ]

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹
Old October 11th, 2024, 05:27 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

━━━ - - - - - - -━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━ - - - - - - -━━━

|{Word count:52/200}|
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Slowly, and a tad bit reluctantly, aspenpaw lifted his paws off the river bank once again. This time trying to focus mainly on keeping his head high above water. However when the water neared his neck he began to feel panic again. What if he slipped! What if drowned!? He gast his mentor a series of frantic glances as he attempted to mimic what she was doing exactly the same. Kicking up of the river bed a few times he began to get the idea of it. An' just as he was getting used to floating, Floodsight decided to move on to something else. Usually aspenpaw preferred moving on once he got the basics down but he felt a bit more nervous with swimming. Which was dumb ofcourse becuase he was riverclan and this was were he belonged.

"circle- motion. Got it" he choked out, how was his mentor able to talk and swim at the same time and look so graceful and relaxed!! He felt like a fish on dry land, he was quite opposite of graceful as he floundered around in the water trying to "swim". Attempting the the rotating paws thing his mentor had said, Aspenpaw began to paddle around. He was doing it! Or was he just sinking in style. He felt like every awful paddle forward, his right shoulder would sink further into the water. His left shoulder followed but not as quickly. He felt lopsided, of Centered, like he was swimming on his side. He was doing it right though because he was drowning! "like this!?" he shouted as droplets of water sprayed everywhere as he paddled around in oddly shaped circle. No one's perfect

( Floodsight; @goodacacia )

Old Today, 12:01 PM
<3

Bump Policy: 4 days, 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Floodsight
✦ RiverClan | 22 moons | Mind Reader ; Beefed Up T3 ; empty slot

She watched him flail about, dunking in and out of the water. Unbeknownst to her, his previous attitude was for all for show. He...didn't know how to swim? Floodsight had just anticipated this to be a a quick summary and practice session. Maybe even move onto more advance swimming. It turns out, this little one had no clue what he was doing at all?

[ pp perms granted to fish him out ]

Floodsight stopped the apprentice, picked him up by the scuff and out of the water before he tires himself out from his cycle of drowning.

She waded towards the riverbank, dropping him gently onto the sandy riverbank, with a stern expression on her face. Her long coat sticked onto her gentle frame as she slinked out of the water before turning sharply back to Aspenpaw. She didn't know how to feel. Was it so necessary to lie about something like that? Floodsight couldn't understand the need to lie about not learning something yet. To her of all things? Okay, maybe it was understandable if it was towards his friends, but to her? She was his mentor and she's supposed to help teach anything he didn't know. Did the apprentice not feel comfortable with sharing basic information with her? The silver molly's eyes burned with confusion and a hint of sadness, "Aspenpaw, I thought you said you knew how to swim."

"I can't have you lying to me about things like this. I need to know how you are doing, honestly, beforehand. It's okay not to know how to swim. We aren't born with the ability to swim like we've got moons of training under our paws. That's why we have mentors. That is what I am here to do, to teach you things you've yet to learn." Her expression furrowed as she watched the wet bundle she'd just fished out. Floodsight huffed a small sigh, half from relief he didn't drown the other half from her whole spiel of words.

Her dim blue eyes softened before giving talking another go, "Would you like to start from the beginning this time? Or shall we call it a day, since what we just did might be tiring?"

[ @burntToast ]

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹

Last edited by goodacacia; Today at 12:01 PM.
Old Today, 01:56 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

|{Word count:53/200}|
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Aspenpaw had just swallowed a mouthful of river water when he felt himself suddenly being yanked away from the direction he was attempting to swim in. He hacked out the unwanted water as he was dragged towards the bank by his mentor. As soon as his paws landed on solid ground, he walked himself the rest of the way out onto the bank. Stopping briefly to shake out his fur, carelessly spraying droplets in every direction. His usual spiky fur now wet, stuck to his side's making him look smaller then he'd have liked to look. He gave his neck fur a few quick licks in attempt to dry it before turning to smile at his mentor. The pride of actually swimming burning within him but that flame quickly died at Floodsights expression. That was not a proud mentor face if he'd ever seen one. "What-?" he began to ask though it was cut off as Floodsight immediately began to reprimand him. Aspenpaw's smile turned to a frown, he didn't appreciate this scolding he didn't deserve? "what's wrong with a little lie? Never killed nobody plus I think I was swimming quite fine for my first try!" he huffed defensively.

What's was Floodsight's problem, not being able to swim in riverclan was a big deal! A really big one! It was embarrassing and he would rather keep his pride entact and not squashed under paw. "it is a big deal, swimming is riverclans thing. It's in your blood! I'm not riverclan- I am now but I wasn't. So of course I can't swim"

Scratching behind his head for no reason other than to prevent himself from sitting still, Aspenpaw snorted at the suggestion. "I don't want to be taught how to swim like a kit. I can do it myself. Teach me the apprentice stuff" so what if he could swim "prettily" or "majestically" he was moving through water without immediately drowning. That counted for something.

( Floodsight; @goodacacia )