Last post by Beaan
Today 08:24 AM

Old October 9th, 2024, 12:04 PM
han jisung fourth gen ace

Bump Policy: 2 days [ONLY for timesensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Seagrass Fields

Stormstar - RiverClan Leader

Sitting silently as she heard her Clanmates come up behind her and dip their paw into the water, pressing it onto the grave, Stormstar felt her chest tighten. She opened her eyes and watched them come, one by one, to pay their last respects. Treeclimber, Rowanman, Songfeather, Floodsight... even little Seapaw and Aspenpaw. But as one voice piped up, louder than the rest, the leader flattened her ears. Over her shoulder she tossed a frosty glare towards the two.

"If you wanna talk about trainin', do it away from the vigil," she snapped towards both of them, her frustration mostly directed towards Lavenderleopard. Couldn't she see what was going on, or did she have bees in her brain? Couldn't she recognize that under the light of the moon they were all here for a vigil? Blue eyes were narrowed as she stared at the warrior, waiting for her to take her conversation elsewhere or be quiet.

Her ears flicked at the sound of Aspenpaw declaring something to Marigoldpaw, but at least he didn't launch into a whole conversation about training during what was a burial and vigil for their dead Clanmates.

[ @Spottedraven @sleepyyjax @anika @Rowan @Levanya @goodacacia @burntToast ]

"what everyone called luck was actually talent."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den
♥ please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥

Last edited by taillow; October 9th, 2024 at 12:04 PM.
Old October 9th, 2024, 12:13 PM
is it cold outside?

Bump Policy: 48 hours [ please provide link ]

pretend theres a header here

c o b w e b f e r n ┆ ☆
she / they . 21 moons . riverclan mca
a very scarred, grey fluffy bengal with a missing back right leg. she has fluffs of white and darker grey fur.
purrks ; herbal knowledge tier two, the collector | formatting creds to wolfie <3 | lesbian/sapphic + demigirl

trigger warning ; this character frequently talks and thinks about past abuse, panic attacks, anxiety, and depression. interact with care <3

└> . . . open

cobwebfern followed quietly behind stormstar, blinking slowly as they reached the new location. seagrass fields, was it called? her ear twitched (old habits die hard) and she settled next to the small pond, closing her eyes. the smell of herbs enveloped her like a soft blanket, and she wondered if it would be disrespectful to gather herbs at a burial. maybe after the vigil.

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

" i was nothing before, so i couldn't have asked to be born . "

cobwebfern is riverclan’s medicine cat apprentice !
she and berryshine have a semi-closed den policy .

request healingmedicine den
trackers
my character's thoughts and actions do not reflect my own <3
Old October 9th, 2024, 12:59 PM

Bump Policy: 3 Days / 5hrs Time Sensitive
My Mood: Queenly

RowanMane
Male | 41 Moons | Posts: 122
large midnight charcoal agouti tabby tom with bright blue eyes, many scars, messy medium-length fur, underbite
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @taillow @anika

Well—not quite the topic he expected, and clearly the wrong one as well. The second he heard the harsh tom he ducked down a bit. Hell- had he messed up? He didn’t say anything, just gave the fellow warrior a sympathetic glance before turning to StormStar and dipping his head respectfully, an apologetic look in his blue gaze. “Sorry…” he muttered, glad his tears had much now faded. He stood back up, looking around the vigil grounds. He small a small, purple bunch of flowers, carefully padding over and picking a few of them, he went to the area where all the paw prints were, setting down a few of the flowers for his fallen clanmates, then over to StormStar. He set the final one down in front of her. “As a small congrats…and sincere apology for the losses…” he muttered quietly to her taking a step back he raised his head again, now remaining silent.

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
DarkPaw Finder (SC)
Old October 9th, 2024, 01:07 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever! 100% remind me after 72 hrs though!
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanya View Post

Songfeather

She/her l 20 Moons l Warrior

Songfeather walked alongside her clanmates to the new place Stormstar was about to show them. She sat down and listened carefully to what the leader had to say and felt a little clump in her throat. They had lost so many cats... She didn't know everyone they'd lost, but her heart still ached for the ones who had lost their lifes.
The sandcolored cat looked quietly around. Seagrass fields, a fitting name. Her gaze caught on the lingering fog around the place, and gave her a little chill. Fog always made her little nervous. Why? She didn't know. But at the same time this place felt so utterly calming to her. It really was a great place for the fallen ones.

Songfeather walked over to the pond and looked down while dipping her paw in the cool water. She took a deep breath and looked at her reflection. First a bit of pride rushed through her, followed by the bittersweet taste of grief. She had come this far, but others hadn't. It was really unfair. The blue and green eyed warrior let out a little sigh, then looked up at the stars. Was it really StarClan's intention that RiverClan had to suffer like they had done? Hopefully it was just part of making RiverClan stronger. Songfeather dropped her paw on the soil around the pond and backed then up a few steps. Her gaze caught on Rowanmane and Lavenderleopard, but she didn't want to interrupt the two. The conversation seemed a bit intimiate. She did as Stormstar instead, and turned towards Crowglows grave, bowing her head. She didn't know the cat but still wanted to show respect.

- Open -

Seapaw
he/they - 8 moons - Go with the flow

He sighed, the chill of night running through him. Salamanderpaw didn't seem to be here. Neither did their mother. Nor any of their friends, they realised. If his mother were here, he'd probably go see her, maybe talk to her, see if she knew any of the cats they'd lost... Since she'd returned, they'd barely spoken. Their mind whirred, wondering what they were up to, if they were all doing okay in new-home. Were they happy there? Would something bad happen? He felt his heart jump, pushing his paws deep into the ground as he held back scary thoughts. He blinked, hard. He just needed to chat to someone, he thought. Daydreams weren't helping right now. In front of the pond, he noticed a cat he didn't really know. A beige, long legged cat. Her face looked... Kind.

Their paws carried them over, and they took a seat next to the new cat. "H-hello," he greeted her quiet;y, not wanting to disturb the vigil. Normally, he wasn't one to hesitate in his words. But these few days... He was tired. "This is... A lovely place for them to rest..." That's all he knew to say.

Last edited by sleepyyjax; October 9th, 2024 at 01:07 PM.
Old October 9th, 2024, 01:13 PM
pfp by picklepotatochip!

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Fine

RiverClan Re: Seagrass Fields

Lavenderleopard
RiverClan Warrior

Flock Together Tier 1

Lavenderleopard winced at Stormstar´s sharp comment, her ears flattening slightly. ´´Sorry, Stormstar...´´ Her pale blue gaze flicked to her paws. Great StarClan. Did Stormstar have to be that...mean...about it?

[ @taillow // @Rowan ]

BerryClan - Sign-Ups + Resources | BerryClan - Main Roleplay

Frostedshore is the current HoofClan Deputy.

NOTICE: For the Leader´s Den in BerryClan, please use #BerryClanLeadersDen so I will see it. Thank you!
Old October 9th, 2024, 03:53 PM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

━━━ - - - - - - -━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━ - - - - - - -━━━

━━━ - - - - - - -━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━ - - - - - - -━━━
|{Word count:51/200}|
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Oh hi Mari!" Aspenpaw replied almost immediately, his usual cheerfulness was ever present in his voice despite the gloomy mood that hung over the group like a long shadow. Aspenpaw turned to face his approaching friend, it was hard to suppress the smile that had worked its way onto his face. "Yeah I'm good." he answered. Mari was clearly upset, he could see it in her expression and hear the hollowness in her voice. He wanted to comfort her but didn't exactly know how to? He had never been that comforting in his opinion and not even when it mattered like now.

Words, he should say something. Anything instead of just standing around awkwardly but he- what was there to say!? "sorry for you loss?" or "He was a good warrior??". Everything he could thing of saying just sounded wrong! Jayfrost was Mari's friend and he knew this, his death must be very very upsetting for her. She did seem to get upset easily, so how bad was she feeling now and what was Aspenpaw supposed to do!? He really wished this were any other situation so he could just talk about training or catch up with her without the worry of coming off as uncaring. This probably wasn't the time for chit chat and that was the only thing aspen knew how to do! He let out a sigh of relief, along with the breathed he hadn't known he'd been holding, when Stormstar began leading the group out of camp. He gently bumped marigoldpaw trying display some sort of comfort but he was unsure if it came across as that. It certainly didn't to him, it felt forced which was not what he wanted. Silently cursing his nature he followed the group out of camp.

Lucky for him, he didn't have to focus on talking while the walked. It almost felt like a silent vigil already and they hadn't even gotten to the sleepy thicket yet- or wherever the new burial place would be. He still wanted to uplift his friends mood in someway, if that was even possible. He couldn't comfort someone with words, so maybe a gift? Yeah gifts made him happy so maybe they'd work for marigoldpaw too! Amber eyes scanned over every wildflower, shrub and stick. Looking for anything that would be a suitable gift and much to his luck, or maybe not, he spotted a butterfly. He hated bugs. He almost completely ignored but was oh so graciously reminded that there were butterflies in marigolds mind space. Which meant she liked them? Ugh why of all things. Falling away from the group, he begrudgingly made his way towards the brightly coloured and disgusting tiny pest. It was dead and yet he was still repulsed by it. A dead butterfly was a great gift for Mari! (Nope /w\) Picking up the insect, he carried it back towards the group, picking up his pace to catch up with them.

He had caught up with the group in time to see Stormstar do some ceremony of sorts, dipping her paw into the pond that stood nearby and then placing it on a pile of mud. Which was probably some cats grave. He watched as one by one, the group copied what stormstar had done before taking a few steps back away from the grave and allowing someone else to go. Deciding that it was his turn. He along, with the dead butterfly that he was carrying, trudged towards the pond. Dipping, completely submerging, his paw into the pond; Aspenpaw turned towards the grave and pressed his paw towards it too and thinking his own few words for those they were here to mourn: "I may not have known you personally, but you were good clanmates and served riverclan well. So I honour you, may you find rest in starclan." Stepping away, he returned back to marigoldpaws side and dropped his gift at her paws. "A gift!" he declared trying to sound not as cheerful as he felt becuase hello!? He is at a burial not a celebration.

Marigoldpaw
She, Her\Apprentice\11 moons\Riverclan
"There will come a poet whose weapon is his word."

Purrks: Dreamwalker [ACTIVE] Chill of Death [ACTIVE]

- - -
Once Aspenpaw responded, she gave her friend a taut smile. She was happy to see him, very happy, especially since it had been awhile since they'd spoken and she felt a little more than guilty for not taking to him more often especially since she appreciated him so much.

The rest of the walk seemed to trail in silence. Marigoldpaw was pretty disappointed in her conversational skills, how come it was so hard to keep a conversation going? Because you're grieving, slow down. the lengthy she-cat shook her head slowly. Okay... Okay. She could maybe do that? She just--- how come when she actually wanted to talk her heart was so beaten that she couldn't find the words? Why now out of anytime?

A slap of moister whisked her out of her thoughts. Hazle eyes blinked away her daze as her ears perked to listen to the de--- er, leader. As she spoke, Marigoldpaw took a quick look of her surroundings, eyes widening as she mapped out the place. It was huge and vaguely creepy. A shutter than up and down her spine before she focused her eyes on the burial. Now her throat was tightening. She watched as cats followed Stormstar, dipping a paw in the suspiciously murky water (Stop that, you're freaking yourself out. That water is probably fine) and placing it on their fallen clanmate.

The apprentice clenched her jaw as silence was ordered before following--- wait, where's Aspenpaw? She could've sworn he'd been right beside her since she felt him lean against her at some point. A pang of fear surged through her frail body before she saw Aspenpaw at the pond himself, dipping a paw in, saying his goodbyes. She blinked slowly. Stars, was she paranoid or what?

He then turned back to her, carrying something... A... A gift? She looked down at the butterfly at her paws, her hazle eyes straining to observe their colors. She then smiled widely and used her paw to cuff one of Aspenpaw's ears. That was so sweet! Especially since he didn't really like bugs, like at all. He seemed to squirm every time he saw one, yet he got one for her because she was feeling down.

"Wow, uh thank you! Seriously!" She chuckled, picking up the insect by her maw and sticking it behind her ear, parallel to the jay feathers. She gave her friend one last smile before she hesitantly waddled off to the dead warrior. She looked at Jayfrost the most, hazle eyes lingering on his lifeless face. Battered and ill and... The apprentice shook her head solemnly, reaching over momentarily to dip her own orange paws in the water. "Hey Jayfrost, old friend. I uh, I know that you wanted to go feather hunting with me... Y'know, after I got better... Well I'm uh.... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry it couldn't happen." She placed her damp paw pad on his forehead. "Have a safe journey friend, love you."

(Didn't proof read, sorry for typos!!)

Owltalon is the current Riverclan Deputy.
If you need her, mention me!

Riverclan Resources
My Art Shop!
Old October 9th, 2024, 06:00 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime, I forget stuff fast :3
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyyjax View Post
Seapaw

He sighed, the chill of night running through him. Salamanderpaw didn't seem to be here. Neither did their mother. Nor any of their friends, they realised. If his mother were here, he'd probably go see her, maybe talk to her, see if she knew any of the cats they'd lost... Since she'd returned, they'd barely spoken. Their mind whirred, wondering what they were up to, if they were all doing okay in new-home. Were they happy there? Would something bad happen? He felt his heart jump, pushing his paws deep into the ground as he held back scary thoughts. He blinked, hard. He just needed to chat to someone, he thought. Daydreams weren't helping right now. In front of the pond, he noticed a cat he didn't really know. A beige, long legged cat. Her face looked... Kind.

Their paws carried them over, and they took a seat next to the new cat. "H-hello," he greeted her quiet;y, not wanting to disturb the vigil. Normally, he wasn't one to hesitate in his words. But these few days... He was tired. "This is... A lovely place for them to rest..." That's all he knew to say.

Songfeather

Songfeather was quiet for a little while and just looked up to the sky. The fallen warriors were with Starclan now. At least she hoped they had found their way. Her gazing was interrupted as she heard Stormstars irritated voice. Well, maybe it wasn't the right time and place to talk about training, but did she have to use that tone? Of course, Songfeather could only imagine the pressure and grief her leader must feel. And not everycat shared her point of view on kindness and understanding. But the warrior respected Stormstar for that. For the warrior knew, she wouldn't do a better job than Stormstar.

The beige she cat let her gaze wander around and caught the movement of another cat. An apprentice, padding towards her. Oh, what was his name again? As the young cat came closer she remembered, Seapaw. At least she thought that was his name. For a second she wondered why he was talking to her, she didn't exactly know him. But in these rough times, everycat could use someone to talk to. And Songfeather was definitely not the type of cat to turn anyone down without a serious reason. "Hi there." she greeted him with a nod and gave the apprentice a light smile before looking to the sky again. "Indeed it is." Songfeather agreed and let out a little sigh. "And a beautiful night for a vigil, too." , her voice was low as she didn't want to disturb the ceremoni and anger Stormstar even more. She really didn't envy her, having to make all these important - and sometimes impossible - decisions.
"It's Seapaw, right?" The blue and green eyed cat added, giving the younger one a friendly look. He looked a bit worn out. The recent events have been hard on most of them, and on top of that, everyone had their own problems, too. Some more than others. So Songfeather didn't hold it against him, in fact, she felt a bit tired as well. The loss of clanmates was always sad and sometimes traumatizing. Maybe the apprentice had known some of the fallen warriors?

(Sorry if I missunderstood anything, its 1am here and I realized I might be a tad bit tired. ^^')
Old October 10th, 2024, 01:45 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever! 100% remind me after 72 hrs though!
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanya View Post

Songfeather

Songfeather was quiet for a little while and just looked up to the sky. The fallen warriors were with Starclan now. At least she hoped they had found their way. Her gazing was interrupted as she heard Stormstars irritated voice. Well, maybe it wasn't the right time and place to talk about training, but did she have to use that tone? Of course, Songfeather could only imagine the pressure and grief her leader must feel. And not everycat shared her point of view on kindness and understanding. But the warrior respected Stormstar for that. For the warrior knew, she wouldn't do a better job than Stormstar.

The beige she cat let her gaze wander around and caught the movement of another cat. An apprentice, padding towards her. Oh, what was his name again? As the young cat came closer she remembered, Seapaw. At least she thought that was his name. For a second she wondered why he was talking to her, she didn't exactly know him. But in these rough times, everycat could use someone to talk to. And Songfeather was definitely not the type of cat to turn anyone down without a serious reason. "Hi there." she greeted him with a nod and gave the apprentice a light smile before looking to the sky again. "Indeed it is." Songfeather agreed and let out a little sigh. "And a beautiful night for a vigil, too." , her voice was low as she didn't want to disturb the ceremoni and anger Stormstar even more. She really didn't envy her, having to make all these important - and sometimes impossible - decisions.
"It's Seapaw, right?" The blue and green eyed cat added, giving the younger one a friendly look. He looked a bit worn out. The recent events have been hard on most of them, and on top of that, everyone had their own problems, too. Some more than others. So Songfeather didn't hold it against him, in fact, she felt a bit tired as well. The loss of clanmates was always sad and sometimes traumatizing. Maybe the apprentice had known some of the fallen warriors?

(Sorry if I missunderstood anything, its 1am here and I realized I might be a tad bit tired. ^^')

Seapaw

Lots in his thoughts, he hadn't noticed the two discussing training, but Stormstar certainly had. His gaze lingered at the water ear flickering as he heard the disagreement. They didn't like to be mean, but Stormstar was right, wasn't she?
Soon enough, Songfeather began to speak. "Yes ! It's Seapaw." They mewled kindly, pawing at the soft grass beneath them. "I uhh - What's your name, sorry?" They gave a small head tilt, tone hushed. They weren't really sure how a vigil worked, what was he meant to do? He didn't know these cats, but... He still had respects to pay. Cat she didn't even know, who fell protecting the clan: protecting him. He wished he could have known them. They saw other cats dip their paw in the pond before pressing it to the grave - he supposed it was fine to follow suit?? He gulped, submerging a paw in the pond - it was cold, but nice. Water was always nice for him. Hopefully, it would be the same way for the fallen...

Little paws carried him to the grave, before he pressed his sodden paw to it. Thank you... Crowglow. For protecting us, protecting RiverClan.
He'd never know what exactly happened with Skyfall, but he wasn't sure it mattered.
Please... Rest easy.

He let out a sigh, before returning to sit near Songfeather.

Last edited by sleepyyjax; October 10th, 2024 at 02:46 PM.
Old Today, 05:57 AM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking

Irisfrost

Irisfrost hadn't seen the new burial site before this, but she liked it. Long, soft grass brushed her flanks as she followed Stormstar towards a clearing. Her eyes were drawn to the shallow pond on the far side of it, the breeze sending ripples across its surface. She watched as her leader stepped towards it and dipped a paw into the water, before turning to the dark hole in the soil- a grave. Crowglow's, presumably, since Mudsmoke and Jayfrost's bodies weren't recovered.

Seagrass Fields. It was a good name for this place; one that acknowledged the field of soft grass around them and the waves that crashed against the nearby cliffs. And while the name didn't have any obvious connotations of a burial place, like Sleepy Thicket did, it felt... calming somehow. Peaceful, like this place really was. Owltalon and Foxleap had chosen well.

A new RiverClan tradition. Irisfrost realised what Stormstar had been doing before- placing her paw, wet from the pond, on Crowglow's grave. She padded to the water's edge and dipped her paw in it before pressing it on the loose dirt of the warrior's final resting place. "May you have good hunting and full bellies in StarClan," she murmured, speaking not just for the buried warrior but for the others too. Maybe even for her other former clanmates, the ones not remembered in this vigil but still fresh in her mind, even if some time had passed since their deaths. The thirteen cats that had been killed in the raid. Bearsnout. Stars, thinking about her brother hurt.

A tendril of grief wrapped itself around her heart, and she didn't fight it- not as much as she normally would, anyway. If there was any time to mourn, it was now, at a vigil to honour the memory of fallen warriors. Even if Bearsnout wasn't one of the cats they were remembering.

Irisfrost turned her attention back to the pond. She could see her reflection in it; mottled ginger and black fur framing green eyes. At first glance she and Bearsnout looked too different to be siblings- his fur was brown, his eyes more of a blueish colour and his frame bigger and more built. But if one looked closer, there were similarities; their face shape, some of their mannerisms. Right now she was glad they didn't look alike. She might not have been able to look at herself if they had been.

A sigh escaping her maw, Irisfrost seated herself by the bank and gazed out at the pond, watching the occasional ripple disrupt the otherwise eerily still surface. The chatter of the cats around her faded, insignificant, as her chest tightened like it was being squeezed by a constrictor snake. But it wasn't an animal choking her; no, it was grief, an ocean of grief inside her, that she would drown in if she didn't learn to swim. And learn to swim she would. She would follow the example of her mother, who had managed to raise her and Bearsnout even in her grief. She could perform her duties while grieving too.
Old Today, 07:36 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime, I forget stuff fast :3
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyyjax View Post

Seapaw

Lots in his thoughts, he hadn't noticed the two discussing training, but Stormstar certainly had. His gaze lingered at the water ear flickering as he heard the disagreement. They didn't like to be mean, but Stormstar was right, wasn't she?
Soon enough, Songfeather began to speak. "Yes ! It's Seapaw." They mewled kindly, pawing at the soft grass beneath them. "I uhh - What's your name, sorry?" They gave a small head tilt, tone hushed. They weren't really sure how a vigil worked, what was he meant to do? He didn't know these cats, but... He still had respects to pay. Cat she didn't even know, who fell protecting the clan: protecting him. He wished he could have known them. They saw other cats dip their paw in the pond before pressing it to the grave - he supposed it was fine to follow suit?? He gulped, submerging a paw in the pond - it was cold, but nice. Water was always nice for him. Hopefully, it would be the same way for the fallen...

Little paws carried him to the grave, before he pressed his sodden paw to it. Thank you... Crowglow. For protecting us, protecting RiverClan.
He'd never know what exactly happened with Skyfall, but he wasn't sure it mattered.
Please... Rest easy.

He let out a sigh, before returning to sit near Songfeather.

Songfeather

Songfeather guessed the apprentice's name right at least. "Name's Songfeather." she purred quietly and flicked her ears. Her gaze followed the green eyed cat as they first dipped their paw in the pond and then to the grave to pay their respects. As she watched, Songfeather started to think again. Sorrow filled her heart as her sisters dissappearence crossed her mind. Songfeather didn't know if she was dead or just living somewhere else. Did she even want to know? If she knew her sister was dead, it would maybe give her some weird sort of peace. But what if she just had left the Clan to live as a kittypet for example? Just a hint of shame shivered through her body. No, that didn't sound like her sister. Songfeather closed her eyes and lightly shook her head before looking up to the stars and then back to Seapaw who was on his way back to her.
"My condolences if you have recently lost a loved one." the beige cat meowed with a low voice, a bit unsure what else to say right now. She just sat quiet for a few moments before she tilted her head slightly and looked at the apprentice. "Maybe we could just sit for a little while and remember our lost clanmates, hm?", she gave him a friendly smile again. The young cat seemed nice, she could absolutely talk more to him if it were under other circumstances. But right now, she didn't want to disturb the other mourning cats or anger Stormstar even more.