October Gathering
Last post by Cinnamiontail
Today 04:05 PM

Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Windy Hills

A woosh of air hit the flame, and seemed only to feed them. Deadmoon was pretty sure that this wasn't particularly healthy to be breathing in, and hacked quite dramatically. Warmsun had joined her across the trench, and all of the other cats were doing their best to spray dirt at the fire, but it was getting a lot harder to fight the flames when she kept having to pause and cough. She was doubling over a bit, snorting and blowing air out of her nose as hard as she could, and just trying to get the smoke out of her lungs.

At least the fire was backing up, retreating beneath the hail of dirt. Deadmoon shook herself, flinging some bits of water onto the dirt around her. Maybe it was time for the moss? Yes, it might be a good time to start throwing water at the fire, seeing as it was pretty decreased in size. Crossing back over the trench she picked up the moss she had left behind, carrying it a bit awkwardly towards the fire. Shoot, the soil was quite hot. That was not too delightful, and Deadmoon effected a strange sort of prance as she was urged to remove each paw from the ground as soon as possible.

She scuffled a bit more dirt over the edge of the retreating blaze, and then sort of.....squeezed the moss and shook her head. Droplets of water were sent flying in a relatively wide arc, sizzling and becoming vapor as they impacted the heat. Unfortunately this also made the smoke more insidious, and Deadmoon shook her head once more before retreating. Cough cough cough. Sneeze sneeze sneeze. Cough again. Then she sort of.....hucked the moss into the edge of the flames, hastening to throw a bit more dirt on the area around it lest the flames return. Another retreat to hack, and she was back to throwing dirt at the flames. @ChaosBringer. @Spooky Rain Frog @Lightningpaw666 @Rowan @Neptune.
Old Today, 08:20 AM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Lichenpaw
~<>~
18 moons || she/her || WindClan apprentice || honed skill [INACTIVE]
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

The fire is getting smaller - it looks like it, at least - but the smoke isn't getting the hint, and it hurdles higher into the air, into their faces, and makes Lichenpaw's throat feel like it's closing and her eyes water. She coughs, tearing in her throat, but she continues her task with gravity, still kicking dirt and tossing some of her soaked moss onto the flame.

[ @gs29513 @Spooky Rain Frog @Rowan @Aroogi @ChaosBringer. @Lightningpaw666 ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old Today, 01:46 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Active| Burn Baby Burn | Monkey’s Paw

It looked like Somethingblind wasn’t going to be joining here (sad face) for their patrol. How was she supposed to show off her wonderful hunting skills without someone to witness it in action?? Oh well! That just meant that she could surprise Captain Crowy with a HUGE haul. Mhmm mhmm, yupp, this was going to be wonderful! (Spoiler: it was not)

After lingering just a little while longer, Firestorm took it upon herself to leave camp alone. After all, she was the patrol leader, and as such it was her duty to ensure the patrol’s completion. Crowy’s faith in her amazing leadership and hunting skills would definitely not go to waste.

Head held high in the air, Firestorm marched her way to the Windy Hills. Or, that was her plan before a flash of movement in the corner of her eye caught her attention. Oho!? Was that prey she spotted? Attention no longer on Windy Hills, she pivoted and dashed after the small creature. It was no match for her, she was the ultimate predator after all. She caught it with a quickness that would make even the fastest of her WindClan ancestors proud, before delivering a bite to the back of its neck. Once the life of her prey had been snuffed out, she was finally able to inspect the creature she had caught. It was a vole. Oh! Oh! Oh! Lightningstorm would love this. Perhaps she should bring it to her after the hunt was over with.

Keeping that in mind, the orange queen collected the small vole’s body and dug a small hole, and deposited it there to collect later. She couldn’t very well return with such a small catch! She was the great Firestorm after all, the future leader of WindClan, etc etc etc… To put it simply, she had to lead by example. The vole would contribute very little when it came to feeding the clan (or replacing what Littlekit SMUSHED), so she definitely needed to return with more. Plus, she also had to show Crowtooth (and those stars damned dead cats) that she was clearly the most competent hunter ever.

March, march, march.

She kept on walking along with all the confidence in the world. Oh Icarus, how high will you go before realizing you’re too close to the sun? Many a time, Firestorm was told her confidence would be the end of her, and she took it to heart when it had almost prevented her revival. Well… she no longer cared and went right on back to strutting about as if she owned everything for the sole reason that she knew she was the best at everything she put her mind to. Why should she remain sad all the time? Yes, Lightningstorm’s memories were gone, but her (former?) mate was soooo much happier. Not only that, but their kits were growing up big and strong! They were a pawful, yes, but their safety is what mattered most to her.

Riding upon her high horse (metaphorically of course!), she didn’t notice the many sets of eyes upon her, nor the flapping of wings until it was too late. A loud caw sounded overhead, followed by whoosh[ of air went past her ear before she felt a sharp pain at the top of her head. ”What the–?” She began, looking up in surprise. Well, it seemed that StarClan was not impressed by her hubris because she was met with the sight of the largest murder of crows she had ever seen in her life. Like for real. Firestorm wasn’t particularly great at counting, but there had to have been at least twenty of the birds flapping toward her. ”Oh, I’m in trouble, innit?” She spoke in a small voice.

She wasn’t quite sure what it was about birds, but for some reason, they all hated her. She’d been attacked by a hawk before – which led to Pignut’s death, and then she fought with a large crow previously in order to stock the prey pile. This though? This was a whole different level. This was premeditated violence of an unholy degree.

”Help meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!” The small tabby cried out, turning and attempting to run from the birds from the deepest depths of the dark forest. This was unfair. If it was one on one, she could handle it, maybe two, but TWENTY PLUS!? What kind of sick joke was this!?

Try as she might, she wasn’t able to get far before she was swarmed. Sharp beaks and claws aimed for her eyes, her nose, her ears, her back and tail, her legs, EVERYWHERE. This was unbelievably frustrating, but she couldn’t just take this lying down – she was the future leader of the clan after all. Yowling indignantly, she began raining front paw blows upon the mob. Some of her hits connected, many missed, but she wasn’t going to simply not fight back. ”RAAAAGHHH CROWTOOOOOTTTHHHH!” She howled angrily.

Eventually, the dark swarm of death subsided, and there Firestorm stood, sides heaving and surrounded (and covered) by a plethora of dark feathers and fluff. Three of the birds lay dead nearby, having been smacked to death by her own paws. She had a few small scrapes and scratches that were bleeding a little bit, but outside of that, she managed to escape relatively unharmed. Her eyes remained in place, her nose and tongue hadn’t been torn, she hadn’t been battered to death by the onslaught of wings (though it certainly felt like it!), she was alive.

”Damned birds hadta mess wit’ me, huh? Had a grand ol’ time harassin’ lil ole Firestorm, innit? Filthy beasts, I oughta skin em alive and feed em to my kits. ‘tupid, dumbass, vile birds. I hope their mothers die midflight and get eaten by the maggots they share their nasty food with–” She muttered as she collected the corpses of her victims. This was the most obscene language she had ever used in her life (note: blame Lightningstorm’s potty mouth) and it just kept coming. She was pissed.

After collecting her prey and throwing it across her back, she headed back to her vole was and then made her way back to camp in an uncharacteristically bad mood.

+1 vole +3 crows
[ heheheehe ]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here