Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by anika
Today 11:18 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Shanmo11
Today 11:14 AM
Willowpaw's Training! [p]
by squidz
Last post by squidz
Today 11:07 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Starphobia
Today 10:55 AM
it's quiet uptown [PLOT...
by otter
Last post by otter
Today 10:50 AM

Old September 11th, 2024, 06:58 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Quietpaw Stealth Training [p]

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 44 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye]
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T3, Shadow Fiend [ACTIVE], Mind Reader
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Chariot ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
[Quietpaw - @Morrigan ]
· · ────────────── · ·
It seemed the Ark kits were approaching warriorhood. Mistlewhisker knew that the fishing training she had given Birdpaw was the apprentice's last training instance--she just needed her assessment. And, if she wasn't mistaken, the stealth training she was currently leading Quietpaw into the territory for was her last training instance as well. It was good to see the apprentices taking control of their own training and becoming ready for their names so soon. She recalled that Sleepysunrise had become a warrior very young--it must run in the family.

"Stealth with cats is similar with prey. You want to stalk quietly and be down wind. But a large part of stealth is using your surroundings to blend in." Mistlewhisker looked to Quietpaw, the dark feline matching her father. It wouldn't be difficult for Quietpaw to blend into anything, unless it started snowing of course. "It requires constant vigilance, but can become almost second-nature the longer you practice." To demonstrate, Mistlewhisker slipped into the shadows of a bush, becoming completely invisible for several heartbeats before reappearing behind Quietpaw from a different bush. She had just stalked in a half circle around her, but the effect was still cool.

"You must become the shadows, use them as a second pelt. We are ShadowClan for a reason--they bend to our will." The Deputy's eye glinted harshly in the sunlight. "Try sneaking from that bush--" she gestured to the one she had originally disappeared into, "--to that one." And then pointed to the one she came out of. "You may not succeed the first time, but I will give you more advice as you practice." She couldn't very well list it all out here; they'd just begun!

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC) - Sparrow (Outsider)

Old September 12th, 2024, 02:29 PM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Quietpaw Stealth Training [p]

Quietpaw
Shadowclan apprentice
Purrks: Mind reader(permantly active) and Shadow fiend(active)

Lady luck had decided to bless Quietpaw today. The closer she crept to her warrior ceremony the more impatient she become. Fortunately, instead of the noisy Hillstrider, Mistlewhisker had come to teach her the last mandatory skill she required. Why the deputy had come instead of her mentor was unknown to her, yet she wouldn't question. This was a rare opportunity.

Unlike her previous training session, the paw was all ears for the deputy. Consuming the knowledge that was being fed her and thirsting for more. The information was clear and straight to the point, no nonesense. How refreshing. Head held and cold hues alight with attentiveness; she noted down every word. Stealth was a her main skill, Dawnstar herself had praised her for it. There was no doubt she could impress Mistlewhisker.

Interest piqued as the black mollie disappear for a few seconds before revealing herself. A sense of respect was already starting to grow...not too significant, though. It took a lot for Quietpaw to regard others with anything but disdain and ignorance. The task itself was simple, it was almost insulting. Hopefully she'd skip over these amateur steps quickly. Obdiently, the dark apprentice faded into the shade of the foliage with ease. Moving swiftly yet silently until she reached the the other bush and emerged, expectanting some kind of feedback.

@Mica

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old September 16th, 2024, 09:47 AM
Matching with @/Poprock

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 44 moons
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T3, Shadow Fiend, Mind Reader
· · ────────────── · ·
[Quietpaw - @Morrigan ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker watched with a bored gaze as Quietpaw disappeared and reappeared, silent as a wraith and just as invisible. Frankly, Mistlewhisker felt as though she didn't have much to teach. The Deputy nodded in approval, tail flicking behind her. "Good. Our next step is stalking someone. I'm going to act as though I am a guard by this tree--" she settled by a large pine, "and you are going to sneak up on me as though you are an intruder." The space around the tree was more barren than the rest of the forest, with many of the small shrubs having died without the sunlight that the tree blocked. It would be significantly harder to remain unseen. "If I catch you, you lose. And we will try again until you get it right. Then we will move on to stalking someone while they are moving."

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC) - Sparrow (Outsider)

Old September 19th, 2024, 12:45 PM
Master of bad jokes

Quietpaw
Shadowclan apprentice
Purrks: Mind reader(permanently active) and Shadow fiend(active)

Mildly pleased with herself, Quietpaw sat back as Mistlewhisker explained her next task. She blinked quizzically up at the tall pine the deputy had chosen as her post. Ah, so her mission would be an reenactment of a very possible scenario. That actually seemed quite genius. This time she could learn for real. Raking her sharp gaze over the environment, she noted down the crucial features. The land surronding the tree was barren with hardly any cover. This would be difficult, just how she liked it. Nodding slowly, she began to back into the shadows once again, eager to prove just how capable she was.

@Mica

Nightgaze kit finder!

Old October 4th, 2024, 09:34 AM
Matching with @/Poprock

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 44 moons
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T3, Shadow Fiend [ACTIVE], Mind Reader
· · ────────────── · ·
[Quietpaw - @Morrigan ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker sat with her back to the tree, scanning the bare clearing before her. Quietpaw was good, but this would determine whether or not she had truly mastered the way of the shadows.

[I think it makes more sense if you do the dice roll for each attempt to get closer to Mistle..? I am SO, SO sorry that this has taken so long--school and events have been taking all my attention. It shouldn't happen again <3]

Old October 4th, 2024, 01:46 PM
Master of bad jokes

Quietpaw
Shadowclan apprentice
Purrks: Mind reader(permanently active) and Shadow fiend(active)

Crouching in the thick undergrowth, Quietpaw began to gingerly circle the pine, scanning for any opening that might present itself. Every motion had to be planned and excuted to perfection. This task was taken very seriously; she couldn't risk tarnishing her blossoming reputation by making a fool of herself in front of Mistlewhisker...even the thought of it made her cringe deeply.

'Let's see whether the deputy is really as sharp as she appears' The apprentice shot a cunning glance at the large she cat before dipping down and scooping up a paw sized stone. A bit of a basic trick but Quietpaw wanted to test Mistlewhisker herself, it would be a tad more riveting. But the results would depend on how well she could throw.

[Quietpaw rolled a 9!]

Narrowed eyes watched with extreme focus as the rock she catapulted flew through the air and landed just a few inches from the border of the greenery. Dammit, not exactly the most clean shot. No time to waste, though! Not bothering to spend any longer dawdling, the splotched molly swiftly moved herself away from the spot where she had thrown from so Mistlewhisker wouldn't be able to find her immediately and found herself an opening while the guard was(hopefully) distracted. Without another though she tried her luck

[Quietpaw rolled a 19!]

Her agility proved much better than her aim. Quietpaw impressed herself by the speed in which she cleared the bare ground between the foliage and the tree. But a dark blur darting across the clearing a a short space of time. Wind whipped her fur and she dived forward and slid to a stop, placing a single paw on it's smooth bark. 'Well wasn't that simply impossible?' she thought smugly, corners of her lips turning up in the beginning of a smirk. Her satisfaction was one thing yet her judge's was the only that mattered. Expectantly, Quietpaw gazed at Mistlewhisker, searching her face for any trace of approval.

(No worries at all! Also sorry this ended up being so short, the dice roller went "Quietpaw's gonna do badly at this" then just went "Nevermind, jk" lmao :'] Don't know why I rolled for throwing a rock but at least I discovered Quiet has terrible aim!)

@Mica

Nightgaze kit finder!

Last edited by Morrigan; October 4th, 2024 at 01:46 PM.
Old Today, 09:28 AM
Matching with @/Poprock

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 44 moons
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T3, Shadow Fiend, Mind Reader
· · ────────────── · ·
[Quietpaw - @Morrigan ]
· · ────────────── · ·
The sounds of the forest settled on Mistlewhisker's tufted ears, shifts in bracken and fluttering wings making her ears swivel this way and that, listening for the apprentice she had challenged. A heavy thump nearby earned a glance, a small stone rolling once before coming to a stop. She raised a brow, shifting her gaze to where she thought the stone might have come from. But the glance had cost her too much time. A whoosh of air to her left signaled Quietpaw's approach, and the Deputy turned her head just in time to see Quietpaw place her paw on the tree bark. Mistlewhisker hummed in approval, studying the apprentice. "Interesting trick. Well done. Now," Mistlewhisker pushed herself to her paws, jerking her chin for Quietpaw to follow her deeper into the bracken. "I am going to walk back to camp, and I want you to follow me without me noticing. If you can make it back to camp without me catching you, we can count this training as complete." With flying colors, she might add.

Once Quietpaw communicated that she agreed to the terms, Mistlewhisker gave her a nod and slipped off into the bracken. She wasn't going to try hard to hide herself since she wasn't the one being tested here. But she kept her ears on a swivel, her eye studying the bracken around her.