Today 11:11 PM

Old Today, 09:31 AM
pfp by picklepotatochip!

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: RiverClan Skyridge

#ShellpawRC
4 moons | He/Him | RC Apprentice
Shellpaw smiled and cheered with his mom as all the new leader and healer cats were announced. "Stormstar! Owltalon! Berryshine! Cobwebfern!" he called proudly. He pressed his face into Mama's warm fur like he used to as a kit. He listened as Mrs. Stormy talked about the otters. Uncle Jayfrost was on the patrol! He totally destroyed those otters, he knew it. But then Stormy said something weird. That they lost Jayfrost? He didn't know what that meant. But he thought that since they 'lost' him, they could find him again! But then he saw Mama's face, and he suddenly realized what 'lost' meant.

Uncle Jayfrost was dead.

He felt tears welling in his eyes, and his mama got up and walked away. "MAMA!" he cried, tears streaming down his face. "Mama, come back! Please!" he sobbed, running towards Goldfish. The small apprentice looked up as Stormy said something about an otter patrol. One who would try and fight the otters to avenge their Clanmates. He knew Mama wouldn't go.

But then she nodded yes.

"Mama NO! You can't go! Those otters killed Uncle Jayfrost! They'll kill you too!" he begged. He buried his face in Mama's chest fur, hoping that if he held on as long as possible, she wouldn't go. He ran up to the Skyridge, desperately scrambling up it until he was next to Stormy. "Please, please don't let my Mama go! I lost my Papa, Uncle Jayfrost, my siblings, I can't lose Mama too!" To be fair, he'd never known Papa, he'd died before he was born, but still. He couldn't lose the only parent he had left.

[ @taillow - only mentioning for direct interaction | @Blaaze ]

Toyhouse | Character Site (WIP) | Art Shop | Discord
Old Today, 09:30 PM

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Skyridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna16 View Post
Kitepaw blinked, her mentor was a Lionheart now?! She took a deep breath to try and steady herself, but it just felt like rattling. She scrambled to chant the names of her clanmates successes, eyes glancing around distractedly. She had originally intended on locating her mentor and congratulating him before the meeting was dismissed and he was swamped by other cats wanting to do the same, but then her eyes glazed over a different site…and it made her freeze. Along the edge of the camp, carefully tucked into the shadows, was a cat who looked…eerily like her mother. Kitepaw slowly brought her gaze back to that cat now, staring at her intensely. Something’s…off.

Then suddenly, it struck her like lightning. Kitepaw hadn’t realized because things had been so hectic, but she hadn’t really seen Irisdream since the dog fight. Well, she’s scented her around and seen traces of her fleeting image, but she hadn’t really laid eyes on her. And perhaps now she knew why. Even if Kitepaw had seen her mother, it was unlikely she would have recognized her immediately. The pale she-cat was missing an ear now, with scars healing on her face. Injuries she no doubt received at the paw of a dog.

Not wanting to alarm her clanmates or make a fool of herself like Rainpaw and Riftpaw, Kitepaw shot her eyes back to Stormstar. Sitting stiffly, forcing her fur flat, scarcely daring to breathe, she watched the announcements in silence. She needed to get to her father now. They needed to check on Irisdream as soon as the meeting was over. But…but Papa has an apprentice now of his own! Surely she couldn’t interrupt them in their special moment! But this was too important, her father will understand. Crouching so as to make as little disruption as possible, Kitepaw slinked over to her father’s side. She touched her nose to his shoulder in a warm gesture, hoping that acting like she was only moving during the meeting to congratulate him would keep her from getting into trouble.

“Congratulations, Papa.” She murmured, looking down at Starrypaw and smiling. “We’re denmates now, Starrypaw. My name is Kitepaw.” She introduced herself, careful to keep her voice low so as not to disturb others as she flicked her tail in greeting to the younger cat. Though her words and warm smile and gestures were genuine, she could barely keep her breathing straight and the panic from her eyes. She looked up at her father now, silently praying that he would recognize the very real distress in her eyes so she could draw his attention to the issue. And then we can rush to her side when the meeting is dismissed. Like a family should. No matter what her mother thought of her, Kitepaw was fiercely determined not to let this family collapse and fall apart around her.

[ @Quietheart - Wavebreaker]
[ @Wingnettle - Starrypaw]

Wavebreaker

|44 Moons|

It seemed to take Starreypaw a moment to commit to the ceremonial act of touching noses with him. Her body hitched uncertainly as she looked up towards him, and her faded blue eyes were full of thoughts hiding behind a curtain of emotions. The black tom worried that she might turn and run again, just as she had in the nursery when he and Goldenwing had come to visit. Wavebreaker felt relief pass over him though as he extended himself to her. Starrypaw reciprocated, and he felt the gentle tap of her smaller muzzle against his. Within this brief exchange it was impossible to miss the tension in her small body, nor unsee the tear sliding down from one of her now closed eyes. Instinctively not wanting Starrypaw to feel pain, Wavebreaker moved his tail across her face wiping away the tear swiftly ."You deserve this moment..." The dark pelted warriors voice was soft and strong, buoyed by conviction. Make the most of it...and make her proud to watch you from StarClan." He pulled his massive form back to both give her space to process what he had said, and so that he could juggle his own emotions.

He hoped he was guessing correctly about the origin of Starrykits tears. During his own ceremony many moons ago he could remember unpleasant thoughts clawing at his ego. Wavebreaker had found himself wishing that the owl had killed him, so he wouldn't have to go back to training under Leapingfang, and feeling that he was too cowardly to be an apprentice. His cold abusive stepfather had been keen on reminding him that he was no warrior. I was lucky to have other cats looking out for me, other things to fight for. I'll help her find that. As he stewed in his pensiveness, the familiar urge to protect and nurture this paw continued to bubble within him. It reminded him of being a father all over again. Tap...As if his thoughts had summoned her Wavbreaker turned to see his daughters Silvery brown speckled form next to him. He was a little surprised she would interrupt their ceremony for a simple congratulation. "T-thank you..." The words came out soft and suspicious. Somethings not right....

He could feel his blue eyes narrowing like hardened sapphires, the moment seeming stranger by the minute. Despite Kitepaw's words to Starrypaw and to him, how they were spoken was quick and curt. It was as if she was in a hurry to be somewhere, but if she was why would his daughter have bothered to offer some half-hearted support. Unless she doesn't want to make a bigger scene than she is already making? Wavebreakers gut turned over once or twice, but warrior kept his face stoic for Kitepaws sake. He really didn't like what his thoughts might be suggesting. Rather than feed into unknowns however the speckled tom simply looked for a way out, he didn't know why but his daughter needed him right now. Starrypaw would have to wait until tomorrow, there would be plenty of time to help her along. After all, they would be training together lots from now on. As he struggled to find a graceful exit to the situation, he scarcely noticed Wisteriawren approach and offer her congratulations to the newly minted Starrypaw.

The solution became illuminated in the frontier of his mind, like a welcome sunrise over the forest after a cold dark night. "Starreypaw, I think I'll let you take this time to catch up with Wisteriawren, and enjoy the moment. My daughter and I have something we need to discuss." The black furred tomcat took a step away from the pair. Instant guilt ate at him as Wavbreaker spoke, and couldn't completely avoid the nerves that hung onto his words. Lying to his clanmates was not an action he was accustomed to, and he certainly didn't enjoy it. But right now his daughter was in some kind of trouble, and he didn't want to share that information until he knew exactly what he was dealing with. His next words to Starrypaw were more collected, and less frazzled. "You should try to get some rest tonight Starrypaw. We are gonna start first thing in the morning, so make sure you're prepared." With those last words her turned completely motioning for Kitepaw to take the lead.

@Wingnettle
@Rose

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; Today at 09:32 PM.