Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Rose
Yesterday 11:59 PM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Spottedraven
Yesterday 11:08 PM
ThunderClan Apprentices'...
by dino.
Last post by RavensCall
Yesterday 11:08 PM

Old September 30th, 2024, 08:36 PM
dreamingstar, my beloved

Bump Policy: Anytime unless I am on hiatus.
My Mood: Spooky
Default Re: Burnedpaw's Training [P]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna16 View Post
Aw hell yeah. Burnedpaw's eyes narrowed with focus and he nodded slightly, trying to be careful not to disturb the tree leaves with any sudden movements.
Hawkthorn watched with curiosity at what Burnedpaw might do and silently jumped to the other side of the tree, where there was a branch level with the one he was just sitting on. The squirrel stiffened at the movement but didn't leave the branch.

Choose a cat! ~ Blue's Shop! ~ Scythes ~ Lana's Place ~ WCO Jail.. ~ fogclan

vm me to enter my lair. it has infinite movies and wifi! snacks will be given. sometimes..

@/Eucalyptuspaw came for the movies and snacks!! @/snowflake. enters, carrying a whole buncha snowballs @/ChromeSilver_Hwaa enters carrying a Tiramisu Cake
Old October 2nd, 2024, 09:45 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluest+r~ View Post

Hawkthorn watched with curiosity at what Burnedpaw might do and silently jumped to the other side of the tree, where there was a branch level with the one he was just sitting on. The squirrel stiffened at the movement but didn't leave the branch.

The reddish-brown apprentice was unsure of himself, he had never hunted in the trees before. But despite his stoic expression, he was experiencing quite the thrill with this experience. He looked at Hawkthorn, willing for some sign on what he should do. Should he spook the squirrel to run towards his mentor? There was a part of him that was nervous to jump - there was a strong chance that even if he landed on the branch, he would miss the squirrel entirely.

click my signature for my character bios!
Shop
Old October 2nd, 2024, 11:13 PM
dreamingstar, my beloved

Quote:

The reddish-brown apprentice was unsure of himself, he had never hunted in the trees before. But despite his stoic expression, he was experiencing quite the thrill with this experience. He looked at Hawkthorn, willing for some sign on what he should do. Should he spook the squirrel to run towards his mentor? There was a part of him that was nervous to jump - there was a strong chance that even if he landed on the branch, he would miss the squirrel entirely.
Hawkthorn glanced at the squirrel again. "Jump like how you got into the tree in the first place." He tried to explain and pretended to hook a foreleg around the branch over him for demonstration.

vm me to enter my lair. it has infinite movies and wifi! snacks will be given. sometimes..

@/Eucalyptuspaw came for the movies and snacks!! @/snowflake. enters, carrying a whole buncha snowballs @/ChromeSilver_Hwaa enters carrying a Tiramisu Cake
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM

Quote:

Hawkthorn glanced at the squirrel again. "Jump like how you got into the tree in the first place." He tried to explain and pretended to hook a foreleg around the branch over him for demonstration.

Well golly, that was helpful. He looked back at the squirrel with uncertainty. So...he was supposed to launch at it? StarClan help me... He really didn't think he was going to survive this training session. But hey, at least he would die training with something cool? Swallowing his anxiety, Burnedpaw took a deep breath. Carefully, slowly, he unsheathed his claws and climbed to a slightly higher branch, still underneath the squirrel but hoping that this would give him a better edge. He repositioned his hindlegs and shifted his weight, took another breath to steady his heart and his breathing, and then launched himself in the air towards his quarry.

-rolled 15-

Burnedpaw felt himself flying through the air and could see briefly, that he was only barely going to make it. In a split second, Burnedpaw's decision-making switched to instinct. He reached the branch with his forepaws and quick as lightning, struck the squirrel of the branch with a powerful blow. He sent the squirrel flying to Hawkthorn, counting on the more experienced warrior to catch it. Burnedpaw dug his claws into the branch grunting as he heaved his body on the branch with massive effort. Once he was balanced, he looked up for Hawkthorn to see if he caught the squirrel he sent his way.

Shop
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
dreamingstar, my beloved

Quote:
Well golly, that was helpful. He looked back at the squirrel with uncertainty. So...he was supposed to launch at it? StarClan help me... He really didn't think he was going to survive this training session. But hey, at least he would die training with something cool? Swallowing his anxiety, Burnedpaw took a deep breath. Carefully, slowly, he unsheathed his claws and climbed to a slightly higher branch, still underneath the squirrel but hoping that this would give him a better edge. He repositioned his hindlegs and shifted his weight, took another breath to steady his heart and his breathing, and then launched himself in the air towards his quarry.

-rolled 15-

Burnedpaw felt himself flying through the air and could see briefly, that he was only barely going to make it. In a split second, Burnedpaw's decision-making switched to instinct. He reached the branch with his forepaws and quick as lightning, struck the squirrel of the branch with a powerful blow. He sent the squirrel flying to Hawkthorn, counting on the more experienced warrior to catch it. Burnedpaw dug his claws into the branch grunting as he heaved his body on the branch with massive effort. Once he was balanced, he looked up for Hawkthorn to see if he caught the squirrel he sent his way.
Hawkthorn's head tilted and he adjusted his stance on the branch. He leapt from his branch and smacked the squirrel, sending it flying toward the ground. Hawkthorn zoomed after it and bit down on its neck in midair and caught it in his maw. He felt the wind whistle in his ears as he swiftly landed on his paws. Hawkthorn dropped the squirrel on the ground and he glanced up at Burnedpaw. "Nice!" He meowed.

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Hawkthorn's head tilted and he adjusted his stance on the branch. He leapt from his branch and smacked the squirrel, sending it flying toward the ground. Hawkthorn zoomed after it and bit down on its neck in midair and caught it in his maw. He felt the wind whistle in his ears as he swiftly landed on his paws. Hawkthorn dropped the squirrel on the ground and he glanced up at Burnedpaw. "Nice!" He meowed.

Burnedpaw breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Hawkthorn had caught the squirrel. He closed his eyes, sending a brief, silent prayer to StarClan in gratitude, and then positioned himself for getting down. He leapt to the lower branch he climbed from, then backed himself off the branch. Digging his hindclaws into the trunk of the tree, then his foreclaws, he slowly lowered himself down until he felt he could safely leap down. The apprentice threw himself from the trunk of the tree, keeping his tail up as his mentor had done, and landing on his paws. He looked at Hawkthorn, eyes glittering with satisfaction. "That was fun." He meowed coolly, though his eyes and his whiskers betrayed his true excitement.

Shop
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
dreamingstar, my beloved

Quote:

Burnedpaw breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Hawkthorn had caught the squirrel. He closed his eyes, sending a brief, silent prayer to StarClan in gratitude, and then positioned himself for getting down. He leapt to the lower branch he climbed from, then backed himself off the branch. Digging his hindclaws into the trunk of the tree, then his foreclaws, he slowly lowered himself down until he felt he could safely leap down. The apprentice threw himself from the trunk of the tree, keeping his tail up as his mentor had done, and landing on his paws. He looked at Hawkthorn, eyes glittering with satisfaction. "That was fun." He meowed coolly, though his eyes and his whiskers betrayed his true excitement.
Hawkthorn grinned. "Yeah. I climb a lot in my free time." He meowed and glanced up the tree. "Maybe you can show off to all your 'paw' buddies." He joked and nudged Burnedpaw's shoulder with his muzzle.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Hawkthorn grinned. "Yeah. I climb a lot in my free time." He meowed and glanced up the tree. "Maybe you can show off to all your 'paw' buddies." He joked and nudged Burnedpaw's shoulder with his muzzle.

Burnedpaw shuffled his paws at Hawkthorn's teasing nudge to regain his balance, his ear flicking pensively as his eyes clouded with thought. "Yeah..." He meowed thoughtfully. His mind immediately went to Splitpaw and Charredpaw. Maybe he could show his sister that he wasn't just a furball for once. But...no. He forced Splitpaw from his mind, he needed to focus. He can wonder later. He looked back to his mentor, blinking appreciatively. "I can see why you do it in your free time." He observed, looking back up at the trees. Climbing had such a...freeing sensation to it. He liked it.

He brought his gaze back to Hawkthorn expectantly. Waiting patiently though his gaze was prodding his mentor, as though asking him "what's next" without actually saying it.

Shop
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM
dreamingstar, my beloved

Quote:

Burnedpaw shuffled his paws at Hawkthorn's teasing nudge to regain his balance, his ear flicking pensively as his eyes clouded with thought. "Yeah..." He meowed thoughtfully. His mind immediately went to Splitpaw and Charredpaw. Maybe he could show his sister that he wasn't just a furball for once. But...no. He forced Splitpaw from his mind, he needed to focus. He can wonder later. He looked back to his mentor, blinking appreciatively. "I can see why you do it in your free time." He observed, looking back up at the trees. Climbing had such a...freeing sensation to it. He liked it.

He brought his gaze back to Hawkthorn expectantly. Waiting patiently though his gaze was prodding his mentor, as though asking him "what's next" without actually saying it.
Hawkthorn nodded and glanced back up at the tree. He looked at Burnedpaw and noted his expression. "Let's check on the prey we hid first. Can't be too careful." He meowed and picked up the squirrel in his maw. He gestured towards the way of the prey pile, signaling that Burnedpaw could go first.