Default Re: Windy Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

DuckFeather
Female | 20 Moons | Posts: 8
an off-white she-cat with different shades of gray spots and bright yellow eyes
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @Aroogi

Obviously she spotted it before this…apprentice. “Mhm—alright. You watch it…I’ll get a bit further n’ call for help. Tell me if it gets worse.” she ordered, heading to the edge of the Mills, closed to camp. “HAWKFUR!! FIRE! FIRE!” she didn’t want to leave the apprentice unattended, hoping cats would hear her from afar.

Whisperinghive
A 12-16 moon old tom with marigold-orange fur, dull green eyes, and a thin scar running from below his left eye down his muzzle to his nose.
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T1 [ACTIVE] Survival Instincts[ACTIVE] Just a Scratch [ACTIVE]

Whisperinghive bounded out to Windy Hills, his ears flattened tightly against his head. He saw growing black smoke seeping through the trees, his eyes widening at the giant cloud. Fire. His first fire. This was much, much different from the scorch that always attacked the warrior. This was.. terrifying and so big and... and deadly! The warrior heard the cries of cats and immediately sprinted over. He felt the heat of the flames prickle at his fur as his dull green eyes stared wide at them. Duckfeather and Birchpaw were the spotters, he guessed, quickly padding over. "Duckfeather, Birchpaw, we're here. Crowtooth sent us." Whisperinghive greeted, breathing heavily from the run here. "We need to dig around the fire to make sure it can't burn anything else." He recalled the deputy's instructions, glancing behind him for Lightnightpaw. If the apprentice wasn't behind him, that was their fault for not being able to keep up. They were here to fight fires, not to go for a afternoon run.

@Aroogi @Lightningpaw666

My characters thoughts and actions are not my own. They are simply roleplay characters and reflect nothing of my person and who I am.

Pronouns page
Old October 1st, 2024, 09:24 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Fine

Lightningpaw- He/Him, 11 moons old, No Purrks, Windclan Apprentice.

Lightningpaw had managed to keep up with Whisperinghive although he wouldn't say anything he just got to work. Trying to dig a trench to slow the fire down. @Rowan @Aroogi @ChaosBringer.
Old October 2nd, 2024, 07:15 AM

Bump Policy: 3 Days / 5hrs Time Sensitive
My Mood: Queenly

DUCKFEATHER

The she-cat nodded gratefully for their help and went to rapidly dig on the opposite side of the two. She dug and dug until her legs wanted to cripple under her and she was exhausted. Just keep digging. The heat from the flames didn’t help as it grew…dig, dig. She got further and further in making the trench.

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
DarkPaw Finder (SC)
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

@Neptune. @Desert Rain Frog @Rowan @Aroogi @ChaosBringer. @Lightingpaw666
Deadmoon had done her best to get to the Windy Hills as fast as possible, though with her fur weighted down by water it was definitely not as pacy as Warmsun and Lichenpaw would have been able to run. She was TRYING, of course she was, but she just couldn't run that fast. It was a fact of her miserable life, and despite all of her efforts she remained rather embarrassingly slow. But they had made it there, eventually, and she could see Wisperinghive, Lightningpaw, and Duckfeather digging away at a trench. Good to see you've got such a trench! she called, an awkward compliment. When was she ever not awkward.

Fortunately the fire didn't seem to be threatening to breach the line, either by jumping it or going around. Containment was good, very very good. For a moment Deadmoon wondered if they couldn't just let it burn itself out, but then she shook her head and got to work. Got down to business. Start taking some of the dirt for there were certainly piles of dirt, lined up along the trenches of bare earth designed to keep the blaze in check and chucking it at the fire. That should start compressing it into the center of the circle. And then we can use the wet moss I reckon. Or if you get into a sticky spot, obviously. she directed her small patrol, beginning to do so herself. Just flick the dirt into the circle of fire, using her front paws.

This, however, didn't prove as effective as she'd hoped. Some of it hit he flames, of course, dampening them slightly and forcing them to shrink back like a cowering animal. But not mjch dirt was hitting the fire. And there was still ground inside the trench unscorched, untouched by the flames. Left as a buffer to give the diggers time to get the whole thing done before the fire arrived. So Deadmoon did the sensible thing (not actually very sensible) and crossed the line.

She stepped down into the muddy trench, and then up on to the other side. From here she could much more efficiently spray dirt on the flames, sending it flying back through her legs as a dog might do if digging. It was faster, but she could also feel the heat of the fire at her tail. She was fairly certain her clanmates would warn her if it got too close, but she started kicking dirt backwards all the same. Front paws kept churning, and her hind paws did what they could, as if she was making dirt, to get any earth not flung far enough all the way into the conflagration. She had no expectation that Warmsun, Lichenpaw, or any of the diggers would join her, but she did hope they'd let her know if the fire started to get too close. If they just kept at it from the outside the job would get done eventually as the fire consumed all its fuel, but Deadmoon wasn't the most patient type.

Last edited by gs29513; Yesterday at 09:35 PM.
Old Today, 07:17 AM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Fine

Lightningpaw- He/Him, 12 moons old, Windclan Apprentice, No Purrks.

Lightningpaw was working hard digging the trench moving outwards the group slowly seeming to thin out away from each other. Lightningpaw would try hard to ignore the dirty feeling getting on his paws and pelt. He couldn't worry about his clean obsession right now he could smell the smoke as the fire continued to burn. Lightningpaw was feeling tense despite trying to remain calm as he had heard some of how Windclan was once burned out of their home by a fire. Although Lightningpaw wasn't gonna let that happen! He wouldn't let his clan suffer again. @Rowan @gs29513 @ChaosBringer. @Aroogi
Old Today, 09:07 AM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Lichenpaw
~<>~
18 moons || she/her || WindClan apprentice || honed skill [INACTIVE]
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

Doused with water by Crowtooth, Lichenpaw offers her mentor as bright a smile as she can muster. This isn't an easy task, but it's one she's more than open to completing. With a determined nod, she follows her patrol towards Windy Hills.

They find the fire first by the smoke, trailing up into the air and guiding them in the right direction. And then they see it, and the patrol watching it, digging a trench surrounding it to keep it contained. Deadmoon quickly starts spraying the piled up dirt onto the flames. Lichenpaw carries her soaked moss to a short distance away from where Deadmoon parked herself, and she drops her moss on the ground, starting to mimic the way the older warrior was flinging her dirt.

[ @gs29513 @Desert Rain Frog @Rowan @Aroogi @ChaosBringer. @Lightningpaw666 ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Last edited by Neptune.; Today at 09:07 AM.
Old Today, 09:19 AM

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Mysterious

WARMSUN
THE COWARDLY WARRIOR

As He Followed Deadmoon, His Dampened, Tattered Ears Bounced And Heated Up In The Sun. Wow. What A Great Time To Have His Name. Warmsun, And Right Now, That Wasnt All To Wrong. His Paws Crushed Dying Grass, Leaves, And Twigs, All While Fearing For His Lifce.
They Finally Arived! The Fire Was Sorta Tall, And Most Defenenly HOT. At The Same Moment He Tried Not Running Away, Deadmoon Was Digging Up Dirt And Throwing Onto The Fire. Deadmoon! Be Careful, Please! He Called Out, Pacing The Edge, Throwinf A Dampened Moss Into The Fire, Sizzling. It Cowarded For A Moment. He Shook His Head, Jumping Down Beside The Patrol Leader, And Tossing Up Dirt On The Fire. Smiling, He Made A Comment To The She Next To Him. Couldn't Let Ya Have All The Fun. He Said, Looking At The Moss He Had Left On The Edge Of The Hole.

@gs29513 ~ Deadmoon | @Lightningpaw666 ~ Lightningpaw | @ChaosBringer. ~ WhisperingHive | @Rowan ~ Duckfeather | @Neptune. ~ Lichenpaw | @Aroogi ~ Birtchpaw
- Art Contest
Im Currently Making My Own Comic Series! With Help Of WCO Members, "Savage's Decent" Is Its Name. Ill Post Stuff Soon! VM Me "Meep" For Information On It!
Old Today, 10:40 AM
ꀤ ꍏꂵ ꍏ ꋪꍟꍏ꒒ ꉣꍟꋪꌗꂦꈤ

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Whisperinghive
A 12-16 moon old tom with marigold-orange fur, dull green eyes, and a thin scar running from below his left eye down his muzzle to his nose.
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T1 [ACTIVE] Survival Instincts[ACTIVE] Just a Scratch [ACTIVE]

As more and more cats started helping, Whisperinghive felt honest relief. Together, they'd put the fire out and the danger would be gone. Deadmoon's advice sounded a bit odd, but the younger warrior did as he was told and started kicking
and chucking paw fulls of dirt at the fire, his eyes flickering around anxiously to make sure he didn't throw dirt at anyone. They didn't need dirt in their eyes to distract them from the danger ahead. After a bit of kicking, Whisperinghive went back to digging. It reminded him of when he was a kit, helping Leopardsong, or was it Twilightstar(?), dig some of the tunnels. But with blazing fire in front of him, he felt none of the security of being with his mother.

[ @gs29513 @Spooky Rain Frog
@Rowan @Aroogi @Neptune. @Lightningpaw666 ]

My characters thoughts and actions are not my own. They are simply roleplay characters and reflect nothing of my person and who I am.

Pronouns page

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; Today at 10:41 AM.