Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
"Pick up the slack!" [ SHC...
by squidz
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 06:13 PM
The Webbing filled with...
by Red'fur
Last post by Splitmoon
Today 06:11 PM
Anybody want free art?
by Eiar
Last post by Vitalspark
Today 05:43 PM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by gs29513
Today 05:42 PM
QUARANTINE!!
by dino.
Last post by gs29513
Today 05:39 PM

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Mucho amor para Seonghwa

Bump Policy: 48 hrs or 2 days
My Mood: Hungry

Default Re: "Herb Time!" [apprentice & kit event!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

Event [#event]

| BERRYSHINE |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan medicine cat | she-cat | 12 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berryshine purred in amusement to Daisypaw who bounded over so proudly, nodding in acknowledgement to her adoptive sister. "You did great," she mewed, resting her tail briefly on the little 'paws shoulders.

Berry did take notice to some of the other apprentices' methods as they gathered herbs, noting to herself that she hadn't really told them how to do it; she'd just sort of assumed they would know not to just... rip up everything brutally, but to pluck it. But one glance at Salamanderpaw's 'work' told her that she should've been more clear. Heh... good to know for next time, she supposed. Having some herbs, even if they were banged up, was much better than none.

Once all the apprentices assembled, she raised her tail again in a gesture to quiet them down, Berryshine stood to her paws. She'd grabbed some cobwebs and moss in her free time of waiting on all the 'paws, and now was time to head back. Dropping her supply briefly, she raised her voice so they all could hear.

"A-Alright, everyone! Take your herbs and let's head back to camp — t-that way we can get this guessing game started." Leading the way, the small brown she-cat padded back to camp, trusting Brokenstream to take up the rear.

[ if you haven't posted yet for your kitty gathering herbs, feel free to make one after this and have them arrive with everyone else because ic we wouldn't leave ya behind hehe ]

When they arrived, Berryshine greeted the excited kits back at camp and settled down, waiting for everyone to circle around and drop off their herbs. She gave a somewhat apologetic, yet amused glance to Caveclaw, wondering how the Lionheart fared being the kit-sitter. But once the participating apprentices and kits gathered around, Berry pawed forward some marigold first. It was an orangey-yellow flowerhead with small, ripply petals on a thin stem with fern-like leaves. It had a pungent but traditional 'floral' scent to it, and was clearly a low-growing plant.

"Okay! First up... we have a very common herb that you may have seen around. I-It grows a lot everywhere, but especially in the sunshine. They usually grow in clusters. For herb purposes, you'd chew this up until it makes a sort of juice — we call this a poultice," Berry explained, her usually-shaky tone evening out a bit as she explained her herbal knowledge. "You put this on wounds to help fight infection before you'd seal it up with cobwebs. Anyone have any guesses?"

The medicine cat let her leafy-green gaze survey the assembled young cats in front of her, having to resist the urge to stare too long at Marigoldpaw in case she gave it away — but she figured if any cat might guess it first, perhaps it'd be the 'paw who bore the namesake of the pretty flower?

Cricketpaw - @Silvershadow13
Salamanderpaw - @nyme
Seapaw - @sleepyyjax
Softpaw & Daisypaw - @ChromeSilver_Hwaa
Beaverpaw - @Idiotic.Bean101
Stormpaw - @Evenilolia
Marigoldpaw - @Marigoldwhisper
Talonpaw - @Ian
Primrosepaw - @paedyn
Rainpaw - @Luna16
Riftpaw - @korok
Shellpaw - @otter

@Rowan - Turtlekit
@ollie - Shorekit
@goodacacia - Ripplekit
@snowflake. - Mintkit and Softkit
@/Idiotic.Bean101 - Duskkit
@Luna16 - Whisperingkit
@weevil - Songkit
@Wingnettle - Starrykit

[ @finley !! - cobs | @/korok - broken | @/Idiotic.Bean101 - cave ]

Daisypaw purred at her sisters gentle aknowladgment, her eyes lighting up at the next question once they'd returned back to camp. Daisypaw gave Berryshine a wide-eyed look as if she wanted to answer, but Daisypaw decided to stay silent as she saw Softpaw hesitiantly raise her tail, "M-marigold?" Softpaw guessed

Oceanstar is the leader of Beachclan, he has a semi-open den policy. <33 Mention me where ever just Vm me first Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3 Blackberry is Moonclan's Medicine cat! He has a open den policy!!
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa
@/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

lio lurked here, hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTOBEAN@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
is it cold outside?

Bump Policy: 48 hours [ please provide link ]

cobwebfern

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge t2
she / they . riverclan med cat app
21 moons . missing back leg
tags ; @squidz - berryshine // open !!
tws for this post: none

cobwebfern nosed closer to her mentor and glanced around. ' ..i can answer.. questions, and help teach. if you need. ' her voice was soft, almost scared, eyes darting around at the quickly gathering crowd of kits and apprentices. the scent of herbs and flowers the younger riverclanners had collected wafted up to her, and she was strangely transported back to the 3v1 at the scent of marigold. she remembered vividly how she had gotten marigold all over her paws in a moment of panic and had nearly cried when it was spilled all over. shaking off the memory, cobwebfern returned to the present and grinned widely at berryshine.

cobwebfern is riverclan’s medicine cat apprentice !
she and berryshine have a semi-closed den policy .

request healingmedicine den
trackers
my character's thoughts and actions do not reflect my own <3
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM
<3

Bump Policy: 4 days, 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Ripplekit
⊹ RiverClan | 1 moons | blind

What was he here for again? Oh yeah, he followed the scent of one of siblings and then another joined them. It seemed like he hadn't been to differentiate them yet and it was especially hard if they don't talk. They all smelled a bit like...Mama. Ripplekit supposed he did too.

The noises came and went, and he really wanted to follow them but they disappeared before his ears could follow. And before he knew it, they were back. This time another soft voice rang and they said something about...common herb...found in sunshine...clusters. The only thing he'd remember clearly was you can chew it and it's called...poultice? Stars almighty. What are they talking about? He stumbled towards the voice and took a sniff around them.

It smelled sweet, flowery...and different. Definitely not like Mama. The voice continued about something that it would be paired up with cobweb and it can fight infections. With slight confusion, the little white tabby mumbled, "This can fight?"

"What cob...web? Innnfection?"

[ @Idiotic.Bean101 (Caveclaw) @squidz (Berryshine) ]

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹
Old Today, 09:15 AM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Kingly

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

He follows Berryshine, listening closely to her instructions. It's not hard to find the plants she's talking about, and after Primrosepaw grabs some he moves to do the same. Not sure how many he should take, Talonpaw tries to grab two stems, but one ends up damaged. Woops. He makes his way back with the others and deposits the celandine before making his way to sit off to the side.

Berryshine's question is interesting, and Talonpaw has no idea what the answer his. He remains silent, glancing around to see if anyone else knows.

[+ 1 celandine]

if i look back, i am lost
passive & healing powerplay permitted
The Archives

Last edited by Ian; Today at 09:15 AM.
Old Today, 10:44 AM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Caveclaw-She/They
28 Moons

PURRKS
Kitty Softpaws T1-Inactive
LionHeart

----------------------

Caveclaw noticed one of the really young kits was closer to the marigold.
At his age, she wasn't surprised the tiny thing didn't know what cobwebs and infections were.

But, uh...
She's not great with kits.
But, she'll save Berry from explaining stuff to the kit while she focuses on the guesses.

"The plant can't actually fight." She says bluntly, leaning her head down a but closer to the kit's level "Fighting infections means..." She's not a medical expert, okay, give her a sec "It keeps... stuff that hurts from getting bad. Which is what infections are. Extra bad hurt. And cobwebs also help the hurt."

Is that... a good enough explanation for a kit at that age?
Caveclaw sure doesn't know.
But they hope it is.
Maybe the kit will try and guess now?

@goodacacia - @/squidz

ART SHOP!

Caveclaw is a Lionheart of Riverclan, mention me if she is needed!

art by @/snowflake.
Old Today, 02:22 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Starrykit
Riverclan | 4 moons
Mind Reader

The little kit opened her nostrils to find herself craving this she-cat's smell. It was so pleasant, like the ferns that cornered the river...
She gazed at her but still remained crouched and nodded slightly, then started to relax when she noticed the gentleness in Wisteriawren's movements.

Berryshine, in the meanwhile, was explaining something about an orange thing... it was a pretty flower, but Starrykit wasn't brave enough to get closer and take a look at it. She raised her eyes to the she-cat close to her, silently asking for help. She wanted, too, to give her guess, after all.
@Rose

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has an open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old Today, 03:25 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever! 100% remind me after 72 hrs though!
My Mood: Angelic

Seapaw
he/they - 7 moons - Go with the flow

Chew it up?!? After smelling that super strong sour spicyish smell? Nuh-uh, maybe medicine cat work was nowhere near as nice as it appeared. Did he just dislike the smell of flowers??
Now, what was this stuff ..? Seapaw knew nothing of herbs, maybe sometimes nothing of much at all. But they sure could guess! Uhhh, uh," they scoured their mind, cogs turning. Of course! It'd have to be named after that smell! "Sour!! Uh, Sour Flower!" they called, almost certain that their guess was at least close.

[open ^^]

Last edited by sleepyyjax; Today at 03:26 PM.