Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
DarkPaw Relations Finder
by Rowan
Last post by Nixey
Today 09:12 AM
Darkwater Mire
by Rose
Last post by Vitalspark
Today 09:01 AM
Mari's Kitties! [Find all...
Last post by Nixey
Today 09:01 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by MaximusPrime27
Today 08:39 AM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by Neptune.
Today 08:34 AM

Old Today, 02:51 AM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: RiverClan Skyridge

Irisfrost

Dusklion was calling a meeting. That wasn't a good sign; in her experience, it meant that their leader was gone. And enough leaders had passed through the position in her lifetime that was almost certain that it was the case.

And it was. Fadingstar was gone, his blood the only thing left to be found. Dead. Or not? Larkwing's blood had been found after her disappearance, and she had come back. But it didn't matter; the point was that Fadingstar was gone, and, if the talk she had heard around camp was true, he had run away. The question was if he had truely intended to leave the clan, or he had just gone to... clear his head or something before meeting his end.

She guessed she would never know. Oh well. Dusklion was RiverClan's leader now. She made promises, promises to be better than her brother, better than all the failed leaders before her. Irisfrost had heard these promises many times before; leaders rarely kept them. She just had to hope that Dusklion would, that she would lead RiverClan into glory. Just like she had hoped for all the leaders before. She was getting tired of this.

Although... Dusklion- Stormstar had been accepted by StarClan. She had received a life; not nine, but she didn't think their ancestors would give any leader nine anymore. That had to prove something. Yes, Fadingstar had gotten his name, but he'd never said anything about a life. The stars must be supporting her. Of course, Stormstar might be lying, but she would trust her on that.

Berryshine had gotten her full name too. "Stormstar! Berryshine!" Irisfrost cheered with the crowd, before quieting to hear the new leader's next announcement.

Stormstar was cutting Rugged Range and Haven Springs out of RiverClan's territory. Her choice made sense- those areas were prey-poor- but it still rubbed Irisfrost's fur the wrong way. RiverClan had held those areas for as long as she could remember. She didn't like just dumping them, throwing away the history of those places. But she didn't dislike the change enough to speak up. They would claim new territory, territory hopefully richer in prey.

A new deputy, Owtalon. "Owtalon! Owltalon!" Irisfrost chanted approvingly. The she-cat had been a good, reliable Lionheart. Hopefully she would retain those qualities in her new role.

Seabreeze was stepping down, Rowanmane was stepping up, and Brokenstream was becoming Head Lionheart. Then a reminder that there were still spots open on the team. She used to want the position, but Irisfrost wasn't sure. It would be a honour, but the thought brung back painful memories of her brother. Would she really like to do her duties, knowing that she was only a Lionheart because Bearsnout had gone missing died?

Irisfrost pushed down the grief swirling in her stomach. She had managed to repress it so far; she couldn't let it flare up again. Gritting her teeth, Irisfrost turnd her attention back to Stormstar again. New apprentices. Some were four moons; why were they four moons? She didn't like this, underaged apprentices. But then, the warrior code said that kits could be made apprentices when they had fulfilled the clan requirements. This wasn't breaking the code. But still, it felt wrong.

It didn't matter. Irisfrost would accept it. The new apprentices should be safe; she didn't think their mentors would send them into battle or teach them any moves (except maybe some defensive ones) until they were old enough.

Cobwebfern was the new medicine cat apprentice. That meant all four high ranks had been announced; was that the first time it had happened? Sure, there had only been a singular high rank before, but they usually took their time announcing the others. "Cobwebfern! Cobwebfern!" she shouted for the third time that day.
Old Today, 05:28 AM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired

☾ Brokenstream | 26 MOONS | HE/HIM ☽
header & divider by @/Marigoldwhisper

A purr rumbled in his throat as he touched his nose to Floodsight’s cheek in thanks. ”I’ll call for you if I’m ever drowning, physically or metaphorically.” He laughed. Dropping his voice down to more of a whisper so he wouldn’t get scolded by Stormstar the same way he had just scolded Rainpaw and Riftpaw for talking, he mewed ”Speaking of…what say you to a little fishing competition after this? Like the old days? I think with my newfound title, I’ll have enough good luck to beat you today.” Mischief twinkled in the tom’s eyes, eager to see if this would be the time Floodsight would have to admit defeat.

( @goodacacia )

pixelgifs by @/snowflake.

Brokenstream is RiverClan’s Head Lionheart - If You Need Him, Mention Me
Old Today, 05:54 AM
I like birds and graves

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Lurking

Ghostflicker acknowledged the new ranks but didn't say their names out loud.

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old Today, 08:34 AM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Larkwing
~<>~
27 moons || she/her || RC Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Killer Aptitude T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

Stormstar, a fitting name as ever. Larkwing couldn't help but wonder to herself why StarClan had deemed fit to change it, though that was hardly her business. And Owltalon as her deputy? A nice choice. And the clan, as a whole, seemed to agree with that. It was... odd to see RiverClan so unified, Larkwing had only ever known them to scoff and scorn those in their high ranks, so witnessing this now felt a little... well, it made her a little uneasy.

The jealousy that fact causes is unwelcome and unwanted, so she shoves it down. She's supposed to be happy for the deputy! She's supposed to be happy that, for the first time in her life, RiverClan seems united behind their leadership... she shouldn't be bitter they weren't happy with her. But she is.

There's new Lionhearts, Brokenstream at the head, and Rowanmane. Nice choices. And, Berryshine was ready for an apprentice? Larkwing can't help her surprise at the fact that she's already looking to train someone new, but... it'll be good for her to have help, at least. Cobwebfern is a great choice - the only choice - and Larkwing hopes she'll do well. She cheers, as she's done for everyone so far. Next up, apprentice ceremonies. Larkwing remembers her first time announcing the beginning of a young cat's journey to warriorhood. It's not something she's going to forget any time soon. Similarly, she won't forget the only warrior she ever named. Partly because he's been stuck to her side like a pesky clump of burrs, and partly because of the occasion itself.

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests