Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Seastones

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
༺═ Cherry's Hidden Home...
Last post by Red'fur
Today 09:22 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by idia
Today 09:19 AM
Mourning Ruins
by elio
Last post by Dolomedes
Rp finder
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Feeling Lost
Last post by Clamfish
Today 09:17 AM

Old September 24th, 2024, 02:34 AM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: September Gathering

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Dusklion - RiverClan Deputy

Blinking in surprise as she was addressed by the ShadowClan deputy, Dusklion glanced over at Mistlewhisker, taking a moment to register what was said. First time...? Following her gaze she glanced back at Wisteriawren, and couldn't help crack a smile. "Yeah. Joined as an outsider before the..." her voice trailed off, and she cleared it in the hopes to distract from it. "Not sure what's got her all worked up - I know gatherin's can be overwhelmin' for some." Looking back out at the she-cat, she offered another soft grin.

And then her brother spoke in return to Twilightstar and... a part of Dusklion faltered. He wasn't really saying those words, was he? He wasn't swallowing his pride and accepting Twilightstar's words as truth and even offering help? After... after everything? After all she had tried to do?

...Would he ever trust her again?

It was nearly impossible to keep her muscles from stiffening, her jaw going tight. Flashbacks to how dismissive he had been when she had told him pretty much the exact same thing that Twilightstar was saying now... and here he was just accepting it. From a stranger. A cat he didn't know. While she had only gotten flattened ears and a displeased look.

Dusklion had to close her eyes, knowing that within their blue depths the beginnings of her heart starting to crack would easily be on full display. She didn't want to show that type of weakness, not here. She didn't want to let any of these cats know just how much her brother's changes were affecting her.

...Stars dammit all...

The only thing that brought her back was the voice of the WindClan deputy. Talking about Wisteriawren. Saying how she - "She was your what??" The shock was evident in her voice as her eyes flung open, looking over at Crowtooth. He couldn't be serious, right? This was a joke. A low growl rumbled in her throat before she cut it off, remembering where they were. Oh, but did her blood boil though.

The rest of his words went in one ear and out the other and on that night, Dusklion added yet another cat to the list of those she would let bleed out onto the forest floor. Even as he moved onto kits she stared at him, memorizing his face and features and scent. "...I hope you rot, fox-heart." It was as contained as she could managed as she pointedly turned away from the tom - though it wasn't without its venom - once again thankful her tail concealed currently unsheathed claws. She had to mentally repeat to herself to not lash out, to not lunge and kill yet another one of WindClan's deputies - this time on purpose.

Yeah, whatever jealousy she had been feel about the rabbit not talking to her left like the sea breeze.

Thankful for the distraction that Floodsight posed as she approached with Aspenpaw in tow, Dusklion blinked. Taking Aspenpaw home? That was odd... she'd have to check in on that later. "Be safe. Keep your wits about you," she nodded, though her words were short and curt. It wasn't Floodsight she was angry at, by any means - it was the fear that if she let herself speak for too long she would say a couple things that would make this true null and void to the dark forest rat sitting next to her.

Watching them leave, Dawnstar was the next to start the news for ShadowClan. New apprentices, a new warrior - oh. Dusklion's eyes flashed in recognition at the name Springburst. That had been one of the cats she had looked for on her way to the den, but hadn't found her. And she had... gone and joined ShadowClan? Was it right after the raid? During the fight?? Ignoring the way her chest constricted she scanned the gathering clearing for the former Lionheart - but it didn't seem like she was here.

It seemed also that the colossal ShadowClan leader was offering neutrality as well, and Dusklion turned to look at her. She figured it was only because Twilightstar had gone first, but regardless the deputy dipped her head in silent gratitude before turning back around. She still remembered how they'd had no real stake in the fight other than wanting to cause issues given that there hadn't been any before, but who was she to tell a crazed bloodthirsty leader that? Plus, despite her cocky confidence even she knew she'd be no match against the Rat Leader should she try and start something at the gathering tonight.

Dusklion rolled her shoulders back and watched the crowd, waiting for Bumblesquirrel to finish out the announcements so they could all go home. She hadn't expected to want to, but with each passing moment she could feel her control over her claws loosening - pretty soon if it ran out, she wouldn't be able to control where they went (i.e., right into Crow-food's neck).

[ @Mica @Rani @goodacacia @Rose @Undertaker ]

please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥
"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den

Last edited by taillow; September 24th, 2024 at 10:48 AM.
Old September 24th, 2024, 06:33 PM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Spooky

TIMID TWITCH IN YOUR WIDE EYES
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✧ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MOSQUITOPAW . 6 MOONS . HE/HIM . SHADOWCLAN

Dear. His smile is too-wide and a little and all heartfelt, at that. He's dear? Hello?? Are all Thunderclan cats as nice as this???

"Y-You're very nice, is that—uh, normal?" He asks the question because he can't help himself; not now, not ever. The lean, dark tom settles onto the ground, wormy tail looped up over his paws. He's got his attention fixed firm on this warrior, at the risk of missing what all's being officially announced. It helps to have something closer to focus on, with so many cats and so much—of—everything, all happening.

If there are nice cats in other clans and...uh, some nice cats in Shadowclan, to...why is there ever conflict? He wonders if this question would be an unfair one to ask, so he instead goes for something a little less complicated and hopefully a tad friendlier: "Uh. Uh, Mothflame, do you—oh, I like your n-name, too—d'you go to gatherings, uh. A lot? Or, or does it start t'get boring, ever?"

@Starphobia ; MOTHFLAME

gravelly waypoint
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Bump Policy: 1-2 days, idc I love RPing lol
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post

Well well well. What had he here? Shrewstep was vaguely aware that chatting up (chatting TO, leave him alone) his apprentice's mother wasn't exactly the most proper thing to be doing but, like, when had that ever stopped him? Clovepool was pretty! She was beautiful, even! And tall, massive and imposing in a way Shrewstep had never been, but always admired. Envied, more like. Regardless, it drew him in. Snatched his attention from the mundane, the averagely sized rabble and shrimps like him. They, perhaps understandably, weren't inclined towards smaller toms, but Shrewstep always enjoyed a bit of a challenge. Something to really put his wits to work.

Smoothing out his fur with a few, swift laps of his tongue, Shrewstep fixed on his coolest face (if he did say so himself) and sauntered over to Clovepool in as nonchalant a manner as he could muster. He was never nonchalant really, but he could fake it well enough. Hello Clovepool. he purred, keeping his voice low. Low and mysterious, low and mysterious. COOL, not bouncy. She was no Foggybrook or Lilyheart, that was for certain. How are you faring? From my vantage point a rather short one, but what was a cat to do you look drop-dead gorgeous. Not least because, if I were to annoy you, I doubt I'd be standing much longer. That line....a bit risky. He just had to hope his charm made it sound like the compliment it was intended to be, and not just....really weird.
The regal tortoiseshell queen turned her head sharply at the sound of a familiar voice. Ah, Shrewstep. Shadepaw's mentor. Her only exposure to him was from watching Shadepaw's naming and mentor assignment from afar and had never actually interacted with him till now. The vixenish she cat, looking him up and down as he spoke, indeed clocked the fact that they had quite the size difference whether that be because Clovepool was fluffier or simply bigger built. Either way, what an interesting development. Was he attempting to court her? Amusing. Her blank, emotionless stare melted into an enigmatic smile, her dark amber eyes that seemed to flicker like a flame burned bright with curiosity as she took a few paces closer to Shrewstep. Gazing intensely into his green eyes, she purred in a low rumble that was her silky voice, "Shrewstep... a pleasure to meet you." she meowed in acknowledgement, dipping her head in a respectful greeting before sitting back on her hindlegs and giving her front right paw a few nonchalant licks while speaking in between, "I look drop dead gorgeous because I am drop dead goregeous, but thank you... And no, you wouldn't... but it looks like you're still standing..." She giggled, her typical sultry personality being eclipsed by her sudden and playful and bubbly side that rarely, if ever, is exposed.

Active Purrks: TBD

Last edited by twizzypaw; Yesterday at 12:31 AM.
Old Today, 12:37 AM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Spooky

AND IT NEVER MADE ANY SENSE, ANYTHING
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ❀ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MAGGOTPAW . 6 MOONS . IT/THEY . WINDCLAN

She's leaving. Or, trying to, anyway, but she can't because Maggotpaw's not done! Sooorry! Only it's not, not at all, because it gets a kick out of trailing after her to wherever she's headed and starting up on the next story as though she's some gleeful participant in all of this.

"Okay so this one is about a war. There's a war, and everyone's all fighty-fight because that's all anybody in the war has ever done before and that's all they'll ever do always. One side is all fighty-fight because the specialest and most important law they have has been broken and the other side is all fighty-fight because they think that law is a bad one and they'll break it as often as they please." What the law is and where it came from and what purpose it serves evidently does not merit mention. That is not what this story is about.

"This happens when there's this lull in the fighting, right? Everyone was doing war but now they have to stop because the side that broke the special law wants to make a new law, and the side that's doing war to them—well, they like that sort of thing, so they've agreed to hear them out. So everyone who matters and has a face meets up with everyone else like that, and all their faces are pointing at each other and they're all some kind of mad. Because there's different kinds. There's quiet mad and loud mad and laughing mad. You know. So everyone with a face is one of those things and they're all doing it really hard at each other, like this." Regardless of whether Quietpaw is looking or not, Maggotpaw shows a somber frown, then twists its face into a vicious grimace, and then ends on a mirthless, haughty chuckle—quiet, loud, and laughing mad. "They do that. Okay, now listen. This is the part about the laws."

It has to stifle a yawn, here. Maggotpaw is not accustomed to staying awake so late into the night. It hadn't taken the advised nap before and now it's really feeling it, but the show must go on.

"So the one side that hates the special law says, 'we're making a new law that says you can't do war to us'. And the side that's mad at them says, 'you can't do that, it isn't how it works. you can't just make up laws to suit your mood.'

'Can too,' says the leader of the lawbreakers.

'Can't,' says the head law-liker, being quiet-mad.

'Well sure we can,' Lawbreakerstar insists. 'Or else where did your special and most important law come from? Someone who was in the mood for it, that's where.'

'It's not the same.' Lawstar sounds adamant. Which means he really, really, really thinks he's right. Which is how everyone in this story feels. 'Our special and most important law is different. Many many moons ago, a very special cat made it. That special cat had a face and a name that everyone remembers, so their law has to be followed. Everybody knows that's the way it works.'

Lawbreakerstar is quiet for a really long time after this. A really long time. The sky changes colors. Then the leaves. Then their pelts. Then, when all the cats are grey and almost forget all about their voices and their lws, Lawbreakerstar says, 'Okay. You can kill me now, and then you'll accept my new law.'

'Nuh-uh,' says his enemy, who is all rickety and rattley and old now, but so is everybody.

'Yeah-huh,' says Lawbreakerstar. 'Kill me and win, because that's what you want. And now that we've sat here for ages, you'll never forget my face. You'll never forget my name. You will always remember me. And when I'm dead, that will make me dead and important to you, and you'll want to listen to my law—which is what I want.'

Lawstar is nodding along, because finally Lawbreakerstar is talking some sense. He'a not even quiet-mad or anything-mad, he's something else. Doesn't matter. Anyway, he thinks it's a really good idea but then...from hiiiiigh up in the sky...a sound. Like something falling."

Maggotpaw is entirely too thrilled about its stupid, stupid, stupid little set-up and the impending punchline. Entirely too smug about wasting its own time and Quietpaw's on a story designed to go nowhere.

"Both of the leaders, and everyone else with a face, look up. And there, falling out of the sky, is a very imperfect kitten, all covered in dark splotches. And she lands right on top of the two leaders, and they die."

Maggotpaw's all done being a pest, now that it's gotten the entirety of the gag out of the way. Good thing, too; it hasn't been paying a lick of attention to the gathering, too busy pestering Quietpaw, but if it had to guess things might be on their way to wrapping up, now.

"The end. You know, you don't talk a lot. Are you busted?"

@Morrigan ; QUIETPAW

gravelly waypoint