Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Dark Forest

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Gossiping Kits and Friends
by Badwolf
Last post by nyme
Today 08:19 PM
Settling in [p]
by Rani
Last post by Red'fur
Today 08:17 PM
"Herb Time!" [apprentice &...
Last post by korok
Today 08:14 PM
Flowers in Muddy Shade
by Badwolf
Last post by Badwolf
Today 08:13 PM

Old September 19th, 2024, 05:22 AM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Dark Forest Territory

'Bundumb'. What were all of these made up words?? Goody-paws kept using them and it was making Bogtumble extra twitchy because he just didn't understand.

If he smacked this guy really hard... would anyone care enough to notice? Probably. He seemed slightly likeable. Friend material if Bogtumble could bully him enough into it, hmhm...

"I don't. Not yet, at least. I'll find a way, though, and then they won't be able to avoid me!" A twitch of his whiskers. "I... I miss WindClan. The open plains, running, hunting. Those barricading rats didn't let me back because they thought I'd just snap but I won't. I'd at least TRY to control myself." Maybe. Just for a little bit, if only to prove them all wrong.

[ @BEAR. ]
Old September 19th, 2024, 06:24 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours

Exclamation Re: Dark Forest Territory

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Jaded in silence. (Silence)

For a while, darkness encompassed all. Nothing made sense, heads nor heels. She remembered vividly the tearing sensations. Ripping. Gurgling. So much blood in the water. Choking on it. A day where sweet-voiced lies were outed as truths. A day that would haunt her forevermore. Replaying over and over and over again in her memory. She had wished, more than once, that she could forget.

Jealous and violent. (Violent; hey!)

Staring up at the rusty-red sky that never seemed to change to mark the passage of time, Lark glared daggers into the branch underneath her. Where was Wolverine, dammit? Her right hindleg, fur torn and skin scarred over, hung off the side of the branch. Keeping it stretched was the best position to keep it in — otherwise it’d cramp. Her leg was doing that a lot lately. When she exerted herself too much killing anyone who rubbed her fur the wrong way (calm down, they respawned, she learned soon after making multiple new enemies), exercised too much, or roamed too far.

Lost and defiant. (Defiant)

If Wolverine didn’t bother to keep her company and if she could roam the Dark Forest’s lands at her own leisure, then at what point would she be stopped? Was this new reality entirely now in her reach? The first time she opened her eyes to this blood-red forest, Lark had simply closed them again, content to remain in darkness for a time more. Enough was enough, though. She would not wallow in her own sorrows, in her life that had gone so wrong.

Screaming, they'll buy it. (They'll buy it)

Muscles bunching as she prepared to leap to the ground, Lark flexed her claws against rotting wood for a moment and then leaped. She hit the ground with a slight wince, arching her back to stretch out her sore, cramped legs, chest low to the ground, forearms in front of her, and then pulling back upright to shake out her backlegs. Well, she was already tired of sitting around in this dreary forest, and Wolverine pissed her off too quickly. The old man was probably off grumbling somewhere.

Who knew how cats did this for eternity?

Slinking out of the shadows - this place was filled with them - Lostspark approached the border she'd been watching for days. StarClan's border, apparently. No one had come by at all, as far as she had seen. Did these dead cats not mark their borders? Were they so high and mighty that they thought themselves above such measly tasks?

Or perhaps they didn't feel the need to secure a border because it was already somehow secure. Which explained this odd... translucent thing. Like upwalker windows. Hm. Interesting. Because part of the border here was shredding, flaking away, as if someone had torn into it. Lark wondered how much more tearing it would need before she could pass through. Or perhaps she'd find a bigger gap somewhere further down.

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old September 20th, 2024, 07:33 AM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly

OTTERKIT
He/They | StarClan Kit
Well. This wasn't something the young kit was expecting. Sparky in the Dark Forest. Otterkit waited at the StarClan border until they saw the cat who had saved their life. What had Lostspark done to end up here? Well, he'd find out.

"Lostspark. What are you doing here? What did you do to end up here?" they asked, voice smooth and calm. Maybe, if she hadn't done much wrong, he could convince StarClan to let her in.

[ @Rose - Larkrise (bet you weren't expecting this) ]

Toyhouse | Character Site (WIP) | Art Shop | Discord
Old September 20th, 2024, 07:06 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest View Post

OTTERKIT
He/They | StarClan Kit
Well. This wasn't something the young kit was expecting. Sparky in the Dark Forest. Otterkit waited at the StarClan border until they saw the cat who had saved their life. What had Lostspark done to end up here? Well, he'd find out.

"Lostspark. What are you doing here? What did you do to end up here?" they asked, voice smooth and calm. Maybe, if she hadn't done much wrong, he could convince StarClan to let her in.

[ @Rose - Larkrise (bet you weren't expecting this) ]

Curious. She knew this kit, remembered him being a part of ShadowClan. Otterkit, was it? Kit, gone missing. Dead, she now assumed, since he was here. Explained why he hadn't returned. "Larkrise." Lark offered, lips pulling up in a slow grin. "Preferably, at least. You can call me what you like, I don't particularly care." She scanned them head to toe, canting her head to the side. "Nice scars, kid. They look cool." It didn't really concern her that much.

The former Medicine Cat began walking, a paw lifting every now and then to push against some weakened parts of the starry veil. "No upkeep around here, huh?" She asked the kit, arching an eyebrow and stopping in front of a particularly large gap near the ground that was bigger than the size of her head. Hm... cats were known for their flexibility, after all. Lark looked up at Otterkit, studying him intently for a couple of moments. "What if I wasn't really here? Think I can fit through this gap and get onto your side? Or a bigger one, perhaps. Seen any?"

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old September 20th, 2024, 08:49 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly

OTTERKIT
He/They | StarClan Kit
The kit raised his eyebrows, studying Larkrise. She complimented their scars? Well, he was already inclined to try and let her into StarClan, and that made it even more likely. "Thanks. I think they look pretty cool myself." they said with a smirk.

He raised an eyebrow as she asked to let her in. "I could try." they mewed with a slight smile. He tried to claw the border to make the weaker parts crumble. Maybe they could let her in. After all, it was likely that a StarClan cat could grant access to a Dark Forest cat to get in. Maybe he'd have to convince the council, but he'd do that for Sparky. After a while of pushing and clawing one part, the border fell through a bit, a hole big enough for her to get through. "Try this. Climb through it." they half-grunted.

[ @Rose - Larkrise (do whatever you want lol) ]

Toyhouse | Character Site (WIP) | Art Shop | Discord
Old September 22nd, 2024, 04:08 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

[Treetiger] | Entity
​ThunderClan Warrior | ThunderClan Entity
Silver Tongue T1 | Monkey's Paw [active] | Worldweaver T2 | Nightmare Fuel T2

Treetiger watched as the cat just fell to the ground like a corpse. She almost flinched and maybe she would've, but this cat was already dead. She was almost certain it didn't hurt him, and it almost seemed true when he rolled and looked at her. Her own claws sank into the ground, more out of discomfort than what she could only assume as malice from him. However, the next set of words shook her to her core.

The Bengal canted her head just slightly to look at her shadowy friend. It'd been lingering in the corner of her vision this whole time. "You- you can see it?" Treetiger spoke softly, rigid from shock as she glanced back at other. She could almost hear her friend chuckling in the background of her mind. This was... expected by it? It knew?

Treetiger tried to relax a little, although the anxiety that riddled her was overwhelming. Her heart still hammered as she processed this entire situation.

Best friend. A friend.

The chuckling was louder in her head, she wasn't sure if Bogtumble could hear that too. Pupils dilated at the words. That intoxicating word. "You're my friend?" she'd turn to look directly at the feline-esque figure hovering near her. It'd released its grip on her, sitting idly as its own figure. Hauntingly red eyes glimmering as it stared blankly between the two felines. "I don't know... I don't know what I did. I just didn't want to be alone anymore. I just wished for a friend that would stay forever. My forever friend..." Treetiger eased up a little, her muscles relaxing as the tension of her secret eased up a bit after the entire moon of torture.

"I was so sick of being alone."

Green eyes shifted as a new emotion took over. "Thrush uses it sometimes. I can hear him. I can see him standing in my friend. I don't know how it works... but when I need him the most, he shows up and guides me along."

Bogtumble stared up at her from the ground. "Either that or we're both crazy. Which, y'know, I already am. So that just leaves you."

So she was lonely, too. One in the same, at least in that aspect. He rolled over onto this back and stretched out a paw toward his new friend's shadowy companion. "I don't have friends either. Daddy doesn't come to visit me. No one sticks around in here. It's terribly lonely-"

Images of something shot through his consciousness the second he made contact with the shadow's paw - a vibrant den of vines and moss and branches, filled with the sleeping bodies of other cats. Then just as quick, the vision was gone. Bogtumble yanked his paw back and scrambled up to his feet, staring at the shadow and then at Treetiger. "What was that? What'd you do?"
Old September 23rd, 2024, 04:08 AM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Dark

☆*:.。..。.:*☆

☆*: .。. o Spiderwisp o .。.:*☆

☆*: .。. o The Butcherer, The Silencer, The Corruptor o .。.:*☆
❧ Former Shadowclan Warrior
❧ Interaction and Content warning
↳ Spiderwisp often explores themes of
manipulation
mental health
and cannibalism
Interact at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

Jaded in silence. (Silence)

For a while, darkness encompassed all. Nothing made sense, heads nor heels. She remembered vividly the tearing sensations. Ripping. Gurgling. So much blood in the water. Choking on it. A day where sweet-voiced lies were outed as truths. A day that would haunt her forevermore. Replaying over and over and over again in her memory. She had wished, more than once, that she could forget.

Jealous and violent. (Violent; hey!)

Staring up at the rusty-red sky that never seemed to change to mark the passage of time, Lark glared daggers into the branch underneath her. Where was Wolverine, dammit? Her right hindleg, fur torn and skin scarred over, hung off the side of the branch. Keeping it stretched was the best position to keep it in — otherwise it’d cramp. Her leg was doing that a lot lately. When she exerted herself too much killing anyone who rubbed her fur the wrong way (calm down, they respawned, she learned soon after making multiple new enemies), exercised too much, or roamed too far.

Lost and defiant. (Defiant)

If Wolverine didn’t bother to keep her company and if she could roam the Dark Forest’s lands at her own leisure, then at what point would she be stopped? Was this new reality entirely now in her reach? The first time she opened her eyes to this blood-red forest, Lark had simply closed them again, content to remain in darkness for a time more. Enough was enough, though. She would not wallow in her own sorrows, in her life that had gone so wrong.

Screaming, they'll buy it. (They'll buy it)

Muscles bunching as she prepared to leap to the ground, Lark flexed her claws against rotting wood for a moment and then leaped. She hit the ground with a slight wince, arching her back to stretch out her sore, cramped legs, chest low to the ground, forearms in front of her, and then pulling back upright to shake out her backlegs. Well, she was already tired of sitting around in this dreary forest, and Wolverine pissed her off too quickly. The old man was probably off grumbling somewhere.

Who knew how cats did this for eternity?

Slinking out of the shadows - this place was filled with them - Lostspark approached the border she'd been watching for days. StarClan's border, apparently. No one had come by at all, as far as she had seen. Did these dead cats not mark their borders? Were they so high and mighty that they thought themselves above such measly tasks?

Or perhaps they didn't feel the need to secure a border because it was already somehow secure. Which explained this odd... translucent thing. Like upwalker windows. Hm. Interesting. Because part of the border here was shredding, flaking away, as if someone had torn into it. Lark wondered how much more tearing it would need before she could pass through. Or perhaps she'd find a bigger gap somewhere further down.

Oooh a new cat. One the butcherer hadn't seen before. Aaaaand she was immediately trying to leave. "Oh darlin' are you new 'round here? Why dont'cha stay a while?" Spiderwisp tilted his scarred head. "It's borin' on the Starclan side anyway. The veil's pretty broken over there if you still wanna leave."

His half tail, scarred and ripped off froam his many moons of warriorhood, flicked over to another portion of the veil. "I see some Starclan idiots comin' in over there every now and then. I've went in and peeked what goes on the other side, preeeeeeety borin' if I do say so myself." He was talking a lot wasn't he? To be fair, he doesn't get to talk to others much, and she didn't seem aggressive.... well... not yet.

"Really nothin' to do over there. Other than visitin' cats but, doubt any of them would be pleased with a Dark Forest cat talkin' to them." Ehhh if she did attack him, he wouldn't mind. Something to snack on would be nice... wait. That only worked for living cats he pulls into the dark forest. Dammit. Dead cats were all... misty. Like sure he can bite them but it's not like he'll get satisfaction from it, there was no real flesh to them. It didn't linger like the living do.

"Riddle me this, how long has it been since... let's see.. Icestar? Unfortunately, time is nearly untrackable here, darlin', so, how long's it been?" Last time he encountered someone new it was... about.. 20... no 30 moons after Icestar, if he remembered correctly. He didn't care enough about time anyway, "You know what, don't answer that. I don't care enough about that."

"What's your name, darlin'?"

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADHD

Sunrisestar is the current leader of ALT SKYCLAN, she has an OPEN den policy!

Themes and Text Colors: a complete guide
gay vinegar
No.
Old September 23rd, 2024, 12:32 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Bogtumble stared up at her from the ground. "Either that or we're both crazy. Which, y'know, I already am. So that just leaves you."

So she was lonely, too. One in the same, at least in that aspect. He rolled over onto this back and stretched out a paw toward his new friend's shadowy companion. "I don't have friends either. Daddy doesn't come to visit me. No one sticks around in here. It's terribly lonely-"

Images of something shot through his consciousness the second he made contact with the shadow's paw - a vibrant den of vines and moss and branches, filled with the sleeping bodies of other cats. Then just as quick, the vision was gone. Bogtumble yanked his paw back and scrambled up to his feet, staring at the shadow and then at Treetiger. "What was that? What'd you do?"

[Treetiger] | Entity
​ThunderClan Warrior | ThunderClan Entity
Silver Tongue T1 | Monkey's Paw [active] | Worldweaver T2 | Nightmare Fuel T2

Her eyes tracked his paw as it reached for her friend, who in return didn't move when his paw made contact. Nothing seemed to change physically, but clearly something had happened. Treetiger was listening so intensely that her rounded eyes squinted a little when Bogtumble momentarily stopped talking. He was talking about his 'daddy' then suddenly, he was on his paws almost like he wanted to pounce on her. The Bengal felt her fur stand on end as the questions shot out at her.

"Wha- what do you mean? I didn't do anything?" He really was crazy like he said, huh? She wasn't the one acting erratically here. She'd take a step backwards, glancing at her shadowy friend. Her eyes focused in on... on a smile?? Wait- surely, she was imagining that! The entity seemed to have formed a smile. A very haunting, thin but long, smile...

Characters | Enforcer Regulations

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL