Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by korok
Today 07:18 AM
Short Story Contest
by marshy
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 07:13 AM
it's quiet uptown [PLOT...
by otter
Last post by otter
Today 07:05 AM
Settling in [p]
by Rani
Last post by Red'fur
Today 06:48 AM
The Webbing filled with...
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 06:35 AM

Old September 15th, 2024, 10:33 PM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Spooky
Default Re: Haven Springs

WE'LL BUILD A FIRE IN YOUR EYES
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ! ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
SALAMANDERPAW . 6 MOONS . SHE/HER . RIVERCLAN

After apologizing half-heartedly for getting Wavebreaker all dirty (and being sure to add that "well how'm I gonna be any good at the meaningful fights if I never get into any meaningless ones?!" as justification for her fox-fight-longing), Salamanderpaw had been relatively quiet the whole trip out. Largely, this is because going places is her least favorite thing. Being at the place is excellent, but the journey...no, Salamanderpaw's not here for the journey. Only the destination.

Which, hey, they arrive at shortly. Thinking really hard about anything other than the amount of walking they're doing--eugh!-- helps. How 'bout that.

Seabreeze is asking a question. It's a good thing Salamanderpaw had found her listening ears in the nick of time; now she has some half-lying to do. "Yeah, duh I can hunt!" She scoffs. Sure, she could theoretically recall the brief instruction she'd gotten in hunting land prey and that might suffice. The young cat doesn't seem all too worried about the possibility of failure, here--not nearly as worried as she should be, anyway. She bites back a protest against staying close, telling herself that Seabreeze is just saying that because cats in important positions have to say that kind of stuff to apprentices, not because he wants to cramp her style and totally spoil this outing for her.

"Ready when you guys are!" She stage-whispers, hunkering down low and trying to recall how her body was supposed to sit.

@Quietheart ; WAVEBREAKER
@Dolomedes ; SEABREEZE

gravelly waypoint
Old September 16th, 2024, 10:15 AM

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyme View Post
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ! ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

After apologizing half-heartedly for getting Wavebreaker all dirty (and being sure to add that "well how'm I gonna be any good at the meaningful fights if I never get into any meaningless ones?!" as justification for her fox-fight-longing), Salamanderpaw had been relatively quiet the whole trip out. Largely, this is because going places is her least favorite thing. Being at the place is excellent, but the journey...no, Salamanderpaw's not here for the journey. Only the destination.

Which, hey, they arrive at shortly. Thinking really hard about anything other than the amount of walking they're doing--eugh!-- helps. How 'bout that.

Seabreeze is asking a question. It's a good thing Salamanderpaw had found her listening ears in the nick of time; now she has some half-lying to do. "Yeah, duh I can hunt!" She scoffs. Sure, she could theoretically recall the brief instruction she'd gotten in hunting land prey and that might suffice. The young cat doesn't seem all too worried about the possibility of failure, here--not nearly as worried as she should be, anyway. She bites back a protest against staying close, telling herself that Seabreeze is just saying that because cats in important positions have to say that kind of stuff to apprentices, not because he wants to cramp her style and totally spoil this outing for her.

"Ready when you guys are!" She stage-whispers, hunkering down low and trying to recall how her body was supposed to sit.

@Dolomedes ; SEABREEZE

Wavebreaker

|43 Moons|

Wavebreaker had held his tongue when Seabreeze padded from camp wordlessly. The Lionhearts eyes had shifted away from both he and Salamanderpaw with a measure of indifference. But the sleek dark pelted tom had let it be, merely giving a cross look at Salamanderpaw for her dubious response to his comment about fox fighting. Though she did have a point, there were better, safer ways to train than what she had proposed. Now the trio were crossing the shaking wooden planks of the bridge that led into Haven Springs. The steam of the magically warm water there was rising into the sky from the pebble strewn dirt mound at its center. As Salamanderpaw sassed her patrol leader Wavebreaker looked over his shoulder at the calico padding beside him tilting his head and flattening his ears a little in disapproval.

He wasn't really all that confident about her answer to begin with, and with the apprentice back talking Seabreeze it made Wavebreaker feel more numb than forgiving. As his paw pads felt dirt beneath him and they had crossed into the territory proper, Wavebreaker opened his mouth to scent for prey. The scent of sparrow struck him. Yess...Its just on the other side of the geyser. He flicked his tail against Seabreezes back left leg with quiet purpose. motioning with his head for the blue furred warrior to take the right side of the geyser. Wavebreaker locked his blue eyes with Salamanderpaw's gaze, then dropped swiftly into a hunters crouch. His legs were bent, his body low, just above grazing the earth, and his tail was flat but not down. The warrior began treading carefully paw over paw until he saw the little brown bird. It was warming itself by the spring.

He waited for his leader to get into position, giving him a nod to make the go-ahead attack. Wavebreaker knew his bulky dark body was not built with hunting in mind as its forte. He stole a glance behind him to see if Salamanderpaw was in position next to him.

@nyme
@Dolomedes

As he spoke

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; September 16th, 2024 at 10:17 AM.
Old September 19th, 2024, 06:29 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
Seabreeze watched as Wavebreaker motioned towards the sparrow. Did he want help? The lionheart wasn’t very good at catching birds, and he hated them in general so he wasn’t too said about the fact, but needing help for a sparrow was… more of a young warrior or apprentice move. Kind of. Though regardless he fell into position that was offered to him and he started to move towards the bird, enough to be there in case it gets spooked but he just motioned with a flick of an ear that Salamanderpaw should be the one to actually attempt the catch.

Regardless of how that went, Seabreeze started into catching his own bunch of prey immediately after. He worked better when he was allowed to catch things on his own rather than the slow methods of having to situate yourself with others and then having to work together only to bring down a piece of singular prey… over all it wasn’t worth the effort unless they were bringing down something like a predator or something like that. He flicked an ear and turned towards the woods. He hated catching prey in Haven Springs for as nostalgic the landmark was.

He allowed himself to fall into a rhythm for his hunting.

[ Hunting Rolls: 15, 19, 4, 2, 4, 12, 10, 9 | 5/8 prey caught ]

By the end of his session he managed to bring in a lizard, a couple crows, and a seagull. Not too bad though he was sure that if given the chance to flex his fishing his skills he would be able to bring in more prey than he could carry. Though sadly all that Haven Springs had to over was the geysers. Nothing could survive in those things… he was pretty sure at least. Seabreeze dropped his bounty at his paws and looked around the area before calling out to Wavebreaker and Salamanderpaw.

I’ve caught my fair share. Meet me here when you two’re done. If you need help just call my name.
[ @nyme - Salamanderpaw | @Quietheart - Wavebreaker ]
[ I got us an extension so no rush ]

Rabbitpaw is Windclan's current Medicine Cat Apprentice!
[ Windclan has a SEMI-CLOSED den policy ]

My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder | Windclan Healing
Old September 20th, 2024, 08:16 PM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Spooky

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ! ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

[ roll: 1 ]

Salamanderpaw watches Wavebreaker from the corner of her eye as the older tom gets low, eyes fixed on some distant point—oh! It's a bird! A live one! Sitting right there!! She wobbles on her broad feet, head ducking low in excitement. Why's Wavebreaker waiting? It's right there! Someone's gotta—go!!!

Salamanderpaw rushes the bird, and. It's uh. Hah.

Not only does she miss spectacularly, but the jumped up little snot's pounce is so uncoordinated, too high and too oddly balanced, that when she comes crashing down onto her forepaws the weight of her butt topples her tail over ears and she flips, landing hard and graceless on her back. "Guh!"

Ouch. Ouch. She's got the wind knocked out of her and her pride is absolutely shattered. Salamanderpaw shakily hauls herself to her feet and just bolts. It's not a 'distressed young damsel running to be alone with her thoughts' sort of thing (she's still within view of at least one or both of them while she's out there, for the most part) but moreso a 'vengeful and horrifically embarrassed young cat trying desperately to cop a win'. Unfortunately, her heavy footfalls and mild panic do her no favor.

[ rolls: 2, 6 ]

She's still recovering from her fall by the second shot she gets, and that mouse goes scurrying for cover before she can even get near. Salamanderpaw's redemption finally comes in the form of a sluggish lizard, one already creeping around with a freshly severed tail. She manages to dispatch it with an unpracticed, artless, and drawn out clubbing. It doesn't look very appetizing once all's said and done, but it's...it's something.

Salamanderpaw lingers by her unimpressive catch, mustering up the courage to trudge back to Wavebreaker and Seabreeze.

+1 lizard

@Dolomedes ; SEABREEZE

gravelly waypoint

Last edited by nyme; September 21st, 2024 at 02:21 AM.
Old September 20th, 2024, 09:35 PM

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyme View Post
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ! ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

[ roll: 1 ]

Salamanderpaw watches Wavebreaker from the corner of her eye as the older tom gets low, eyes fixed on some distant point—oh! It's a bird! A live one! Sitting right there!! She wobbles on her broad feet, head ducking low in excitement. Why's Wavebreaker waiting? It's right there! Someone's gotta—go!!!

Salamanderpaw rushes the bird, and. It's uh. Hah.

Not only does she miss spectacularly, but the jumped up little snot's pounce is so uncoordinated, too high and too oddly balanced, that when she comes crashing down onto her forepaws the weight of her butt topples her tail over ears and she flips, landing hard and graceless on her back. "Guh!"

Ouch. Ouch. She's got the wind knocked out of her and her pride is absolutely shattered. Salamanderpaw shakily hauls herself to her feet and just bolts. It's not a 'distressed young damsel running to be alone with her thoughts' sort of thing (she's still within view of at least one or both of them while she's out there, for the most part) but moreso a 'vengeful and horrifically embarrassed young cat trying desperately to cop a win'. Unfortunately, her heavy footfalls and mild panic do her no favor.

[ rolls: 2, 6 ]

She's still recovering from her fall by the second shot she gets, and that mouse goes scurrying for cover before she can even get near. Salamanderpaw's redemption finally comes in the form of a sluggish lizard, one already creeping around with a freshly severed tail. She manages to dispatch it with an unpracticed, artless, and drawn out clubbing. It doesn't look very appetizing once all's said and done, but it's...it's something.

Salamanderpaw lingers by her unimpressive catch, mustering up the courage to trudge back to Wavebreaker and Seabreeze.

@Dolomedes ; SEABREEZE

Wavebreaker

|43 Moons|

As Wavebreaker checked to make sure all cats were in position for the kill, he watched Seabreeze motion to Salamanderpaw to pounce on the mark. Now we will see if she really does know how to hunt, or if it's all just bluster. The stocky calico seemed to be leaning to heavily to one side, and her body was swaying excitedly in anticipation of her attack, making the lean more pronounced. Before long the apprentice was flashing by him tearing after the sparrow, but her jump was overzealous and late. That same lean had caused Salamanderpaw to miss her quarry, but even if she had corrected her angle she would have jumped over the bird. Rather than watch any longer Wavebreaker plunged in after her, soon glad that he had. The apprentice's rush had flushed small prey everywhere, various lizards and mice were scrambling away from the warmth of the rocky outcropping.

With his first few attempts the large black speckled tomcat snapped his jaws at several lizards, but they dropped their tails behind them. He quickly spat out the useless bits, then noticed the mouse Salamanderpaw had initially been trying to catch was running for better cover now. This time he managed to spring onto the plump creature and deliver a bite right into the top of its head. The squeaking creature turned limp and quiet. As the warrior's tail swished behind him, he felt something graze it and instinct took over. He leapt straight up, and twisted his body so that his left flank was facing the ground, and his head had whirled to the previous position of his tail. Somehow he managed to snatch a different robin flying overhead in what felt like blind luck. With a crunch of his maw, the bird stopped moving.

With both creatures being secured in his mouth he brought them over to the impressive pile Seabreeze had adding each of them to the growing collection. Out of the corner of his eye Wavebreaker could see Salamanderpaw uncharacteristically standing still, with Something in her mouth. He was surprised she had caught anything at all after her mid air blunder. Rather than feeling justified about his previous thought in regards to her attitude. The tom was surprised to feel hints of pride. She doesn't give up easily does she. Yelling over his shoulder Wavebreaker encouraged her "C'mon Salamander paw bring it over to the pile, I wanna see what you've got."

@Dolomedes
@nyme

[rolls] 3, 2, 17, 2, 13[rolls]

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; September 20th, 2024 at 09:36 PM.