A Silent Night haunts me

Bump Policy: Anytime, please! I forget a lot :(
My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post

Venomkit
Shadowclan kit

Ooooh, what was this place!? Venomkit stared at this unexplored place with wide, inquisitive hues. There was a scent of milk and moss that hung thickly in the air, kind of like Mammy's den, minus the random pelts and bones! And so many other kits! New contacts! She'd certainly make them all love her! With a bit of persuasion maybe they'd even become close! How cool!

A toothy grin came across the toygress' features as she scanned the nursery in search of another kit near her age and her sly gaze soon landed on one lurking in the darkness. That one looked good enough! Striding towards the kitten with swift movements, Venomkit stood in front of the soon to be comrade. A gasp of delight left her maw as she studied the other kit closer, viewing the similar flecks in his singular eye. Paying no mind to the strange cloudiness of the other, she peered at the orb feverantly.

They looked like hers!!! The toyger cub herself had vivid green hues decorated by amber shards and gradient. She had yet to meet any others her age yet the first one she met beared a resemblence to her?! "You! We both have the cool eyes!!!" She declared, beaming at the obviously sour kit with eminent enthusiasm. The braided tabby was not put off by the scowl; loads of her family looked like that, she still loved them! Plopping down in front of him she gazed at him with an expectant glee. This one would be her playmate, she'd already decided on it!

@Starphobia

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Spiritkit
Half blind black tortoiseshell tom with golden flecked blue eyes
He/Him | 2 Moons | ShadowClan Kit | The Deceiver
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Great. Who is this? Exactly the kind of cat Spiritkit wanted to avoid. Way too enthusiastic. Way too childish. This strange kit was all Spiritkit needed to completely ruin his reputation. And what does she mean by "We both have cool eyes"??? Eye, she probably means. As in one eye. His other eye, which was a cloudy blue, served no purpose to him. He scowled at the thought of his blind eye. How was he ever going to become a respected warrior with only half his vision? But then again, he will.

He let out a hiss at the unfamiliar kit, refusing to back up and instead stepping slightly closer, narrowed eyes studying the tabby. Strange eyes she had. An unsettling bright yellow and green hues. Unfitting for such a lively and enthusiastic kit.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^
• • •

IcekitSilentpawMothflame • Firepaw • Daykit • Windkit • Spiritkit • Eveningpaw • Mimickit • Starlingkit • Hiddenpaw • Milkbee
Character Site

Do you dare approach?

Last edited by Starphobia; September 20th, 2024 at 07:44 AM.
Old September 19th, 2024, 02:41 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark. View Post

Bearkit
2 moons • ShadowClan kit • he/him
tiny dark brown tabby tom with long fur and big green eyes

Bearkit looked up with interest as a kit entered the nursery — one he'd never seen before. How did that happen? He hardly after left it these days — he could hardly being himself to stand sometimes — so he'd assumed he recognized all the other kits by now. Who was this kit that he didn't?

She looked around a moon old, so she really should be in the nursery as often as himself. Bearkit watched her thoughtfully. He wondered whether to go talk to her... he struggled to get up the will to stand. When that didn't work out so well, he opened his mouth to call out to her. He... couldn't get his throat to work.

He sighed. She might not see him over here in the shadows. He argued to himself that maybe she'd be someone that would actually talk to him, since he didn't know already. With this in mind, he screwed up face with determination. He got to his paws on shaky legs. He took a shaky breath. "He — hello," he called in a soft and trembly voice, "Who — who is that? I don't — I don't recognize you..."

He did it! He was so elated with accomplishing this monumental task that he didn't even think about how she may not have even heard him with how quiet he was.

[ ok adder can do whatever you want her to, but just to letcha know, bears really small so she might think hes her age and/or comment on it :-) ive been trying to get him bullied to develop his insecurity lol ]
˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
°˖✿˚⋆|[ Adderkit ]|⋆˚✿˖°
She/her | Shadowclan kit | 1 moons (0 weeks)
“whats a rose without its thorns.”
─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
|[4 / 50]|
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Despite all the different scents that was crammed in this den and making it hard to discern between them, she could make out the faint underlying scent of some of her siblings. So they had been here too, before her? Aw man, nevermind. Guess she wasn't infact, the first of her littermates to explore this spot. She needed to pick up her pace. At first, Adderkits completely ignored the voice calling to her. She was all too familiar with multiple voices yapping over each other and had learnt to tune the annoying noise out. As she was turning around to head back out of this new den, she spotted a small kit staring at her. She halted her step and looked over her shoulder to make sure she was actually what this kit was staring at. Yep, it was either her or an empty nest. Why were they staring at her though? There were so many other kits and big cats to look at!

Now that she had noticed she'd been watched, she could hear the words leaving the toms mouth. He was asking her questions. Now she had too options, either she left and went back to investigate those pretty colorful plants OR she stayed here and talked to this....stranger. The tip of her tail twitched in irritation, fine! She would talk to this random kit, her plants weren't going anywhere anyway. "I'm Adderkit." she introduced her self, slowly walking up to them so she could see them better. "course you don't recognise me, I never left mother's den before which means we've never met." surely this kit would understand that little kits like herself stayed with their mothers? She hadn't been allowed out of the den until recently. Looking around the den she wondered how many kits this kits mother had. There were so many nests, was it for all the other kits that couldn't fit on the main nest? "Isn't this your parents den? Howcome you have so many littermates?" she asked genuinely curious, as gestured to the kits in the den with her paw.

"My mother gets really tired because of me and my littermates, I can't imagine how your parent must feel with this many kits." taking care of kits must be so energy draining, Mother always looked frustrated or just fed up whenever she had to deal with either one of her littermates, her included. Adderkits had always assumed that she had the most siblings out of anyone ever but she must've been wrong.

Last edited by burntToast; October 2nd, 2024 at 10:42 AM.
Old September 19th, 2024, 04:25 PM
professional yapper

Bump Policy: 48 hours (24 hours for time sensitive)
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
°˖✿˚⋆|[ Adderkit ]|⋆˚✿˖°
─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
|[4 / 50]|

Despite all the different scents that was crammed in this den and making it hard to discern between them, she could make out the faint underlying scent of some of her siblings. So they had been here too, before her? Aw man, nevermind. Guess she wasn't infact, the first of her littermates to explore this spot. She needed to pick up her pace. At first, Adderkits completely ignored the voice calling to her. She was all too familiar with multiple voices yapping over each other and had learnt to tune the annoying noise out. As she was turning around to head back out of this new den, she spotted a small kit staring at her. She halted her step and looked over her shoulder to make sure she was actually what this kit was staring at. Yep, it was either her or an empty nest. Why were they staring at her though? There were so many other kits and big cats to look at!

Now that she had noticed she'd been watched, she could hear the words leaving the toms mouth. He was asking her questions. Now she had too options, either she left and went back to investigate those pretty colorful plants OR she stayed here and talked to this....stranger. The tip of her tail twitched in irritation, fine! She would talk to this random kit, her plants weren't going anywhere anyway. "I'm Adderkit." she introduced her self, slowly walking up to them so she could see them better. "course you don't recognise me, I never left mother's den before which means we've never met." surely this kit would understand that little kits like herself stayed with their mothers? She hadn't been allowed out of the den until recently. Looking around the den she wondered how many kits this kits mother had. There were so many nests, was it for all the other kits that couldn't fit on the main nest? "Isn't this your parents den? Howcome you have so many littermates?" she asked genuinely curious, as gestured to the kits in the den with her paw.

"My mother gets really tired because of me and my littermates, I can't imagine how your parent must feel with this many kits." taking care of kits must be so energy draining, Mother always looked frustrated or just fed up whenever she had to deal with either one of her littermates, her included. Adderkits had always assumed that she had the most siblings out of anyone ever but she must've been wrong.

Bearkit

Bearkit blinked. This Adderkit was talking to him, so that was a plus... On the other paw, she was not making any sense at all. Why was she in her mother's den all the time and not the nursery? Didn't she know that the nursery was where all ShadowClan's mothers and kits stayed? Except, clearly that wasn't totally true, because here was Adderkit stepping foot here for the first time.

He looked, a little dazedly, around the nursery and tried to answer Adderkit's last question. "Well, um... I actually only have one littermate and that's Mosskit." He was unsure where his sister was at the moment, come to think. "Our mother, um... well, she's not around anymore." He felt the heavy sadness coming back — he did not want to tell this random, very young kit about his mother right now. "This is... the nursery..." And why didn't she know that? "It's the den for ALL ShadowClan's kits and mothers. Except you, I guess."

He frowned at her. He had a question of his own: "If you stay in your mother's den, and she doesn't sleep in the nursery, does that mean you stay in the warriors' den? Isn't that dangerous?" He felt like little kits would fet stepped on or sat on if they slept with the warriors.

Old September 19th, 2024, 06:23 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

[ TW: This post contains mild mentions of previous trauma, including stillbirth, malnourishment and violence ]

Nightshiver's breath caught in her throat as the words left Tuftedtusk's mouth, eyes flitting between them, catching Olwthroat's nod. She could swear she sat there for hours, mouth half agape, frozen in place at what they just shared - what they just asked of her. She had to compose herself, straighten her back and respond, but her throat felt dry and all she could tell was the feeling of her tail tightly wrapped around her paws, memories flooding back into her mind.

Why would anyone ask her that? Those bodies, so still and cold. Unmoving. Frozen. Dead, before they ever had the chance to live. Her kits, her babies, gone. And at her own fault? But the truth stood, no one knew of her miscarriage. No one knew of the lives lost that night; to the glances of the clan, she had beared a healthy, one-kit litter - to the most observant, she had at least one, healthy survivor in her little and a father figure to go along with it.

But Bunnykit had not been of her own blood. Bunnykit had been Stonehollow's and Stonehollow's only - biologically, she had only taken the kit under wing as a favour, adopted her as her own as a favour to safely earn her passage into the clan, raised her because... No kit deserved to be without a gentle voice to care for them. Bunnykit had accepted her as her mother, and Nightshiver was content to fill that role for however long she needed, until both her and her father disappear that fateful day.

The clan knew she had no kittens of her own, not biologically, at least; for in their eyes, the abyss of nothingness had taken them, and not the cold clutches of death. And here, now, she was asked to bear the children of a couple whom so truly wanted to have a family - be parents. How could she deny? But how could she accept, knowing full well she may not bring these kittens to term, bring them into this world alive?

She knew her position was ideal to take on this task. She was ShadowClan's forever queen, her duty was to the nursery and its inhabitants first and foremost, she did not need to take a leave from any duties in order to care kits. Take it easy, maybe, if her pregnancy but anything akin to the struggle it was before - but she could keep on working, unlike the warriors of the clan.

...She could not stop eating this time. She wouldn't have to go through the abuse of the place, she wouldn't have to go through the rationing of whatever meager food she was given, she wouldn't have to cower beneath violent paws and struggle through unknown grouds in a helpless effort to get home. And they knew not of the worries, the burdens, the fears and memories, the pains, this request uncovered. And they did not have to know. No one would ever have to know. As long as she kept her head high, as long as she never again let herself fall into that slump - let it get the best of her. They wouldn't know, and... Any kits couldn't be affected. She had found a life for herself here, she couldn't let past memories ruin it, nor could she let her fears keep her from making another couple happy.

Stars, it was a risk beyond reason. And stars she wanted to deny for fear that everything would go wrong, and she would break their hearts, cost more lives. But she was in a better place. She in ShadowClan, no longer lost, no longer caged in against her will. And she had knowledge, more than before, to be able to take care of herself and any birthing complications that could follow... And medicine cat she wanted to believe she could rely on should anything go wrong. Please, stars above, let this well. Let her bring healthy kits into this world for them.

Steeling her nerves, she eventually managed a weak smile upon her maw and met their eyes, seemingly honoured by the proposition and willing to help.
''If... y-you believe... I am right... for it. Then... yes..., I'll... ac..accept.''

[ @Aroogi @Daragca ]

Last edited by Estelle; September 19th, 2024 at 06:43 PM.
Old September 19th, 2024, 08:15 PM
just socially awkward ♡

Bump Policy: ~ MIN: 6 hours ; MAX: 24 hours
My Mood: Mysterious

°•○◇ TUFTEDTUSK ◇○•°
He/Him • Enforcer • 31M • ShC
A large marbled tabby tom with large tusk-like teeth

---

Tuftedtusk curled his tail around Owl's, waiting for a response from the forever queen. It felt like moons, but when she spoke again, Tuftedtusk sighed in relief, letting out a breath he hadn't known he'd been keeping.

"Thank you... so much, Nightshiver." He purred, eyes shining with gratitude. "You have no idea what this means to us... we will be forever grateful."

[ @Daragca @Estelle ]

Character Site
Purrk TrackerTraining Tracker

——————————
Tuftedtusk is a ShadowClan Enforcer!
If you need him, please VM me!

NOTICE: Will not be available on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 1pm - 6pm EST.
Old September 20th, 2024, 05:58 AM
memento mori

Bump Policy: 2-3 Days
My Mood: Busy

​​​​
Owlthroat
he/him | Shadowclan Warrior | 40 moons
Killer Aptitude T3 - Just A Scratch - Silver Tongue T2
The Dancing Bird
Nightshiver’s meek smile was comforting, but Owlthroat sensed more lay behind it. He wasn’t about to make her uncomfortable and even reconsider when she’d given them a yes. Instead he dipped his head graciously as he felt Tuftedtusk’s tail curl around his own. Humilty was an uncommon look for the tom.

”Thank you Nightshiver”, he still hadn’t fully realised what this would mean. Bundles of fluff bouncing around the place, reeling with havoc. To finally become a father, he’d put aside his grievances. All he’d know was his mother, his Windclan father smugly out of the picture. Owlthroat would do a better job, rise his young to greatness and excellence. Shadowclan’s little conquerors.

[​​ @Aroogi @Estelle ]

Old September 20th, 2024, 01:35 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Gender: ✭|she/her; but I don't mind being called by any pronouns :'3|✭
Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark. View Post

Bearkit

Bearkit blinked. This Adderkit was talking to him, so that was a plus... On the other paw, she was not making any sense at all. Why was she in her mother's den all the time and not the nursery? Didn't she know that the nursery was where all ShadowClan's mothers and kits stayed? Except, clearly that wasn't totally true, because here was Adderkit stepping foot here for the first time.

He looked, a little dazedly, around the nursery and tried to answer Adderkit's last question. "Well, um... I actually only have one littermate and that's Mosskit." He was unsure where his sister was at the moment, come to think. "Our mother, um... well, she's not around anymore." He felt the heavy sadness coming back — he did not want to tell this random, very young kit about his mother right now. "This is... the nursery..." And why didn't she know that? "It's the den for ALL ShadowClan's kits and mothers. Except you, I guess."

He frowned at her. He had a question of his own: "If you stay in your mother's den, and she doesn't sleep in the nursery, does that mean you stay in the warriors' den? Isn't that dangerous?" He felt like little kits would fet stepped on or sat on if they slept with the warriors.

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
°˖✿˚⋆|[ Adderkit ]|⋆˚✿˖°
─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
|[5 / 50]|

Ok so talking to this kit brought more questions then answers. First off he only had one sibling which, was...not much? So who were the rest of these kit and then he said his mother was no longer around so where had she gone? What's was a nursery and why didn't all the other mothers have their own den like her mother. What even was a warrior even anyway?? She didn't hide the confusion that masked her expression. "I don't understand? Nursery is for every kit and mother. Why don't they have their own dens? And what's a warrior anyway." she asked tilting her head.

Sitting down next the kit she indicated to the entrance of the den. "you see that big tree outside the den, my mother's den I write behind it on the otherside. It's only us in there, sometimes big cats visit to talk to mother or ask her questions. They always so serious." she explained. Did the same thing happen here? Probably not. It made sense now why there were so many nest, for all the different mom's but she still didn't get why her mother and her littermates got their own den? Was it a bad thing.

Last edited by burntToast; October 2nd, 2024 at 10:42 AM.
Old September 20th, 2024, 01:46 PM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Venomkit
Shadowclan kit

Adrenaline bubbled inside her chest as the dark kitten took a step towards. The hiss...was a good sign! That was how she expressed her happiness and all the good feelings she experienced! According to Venomkit's logic, this meant she had successfully delivered and recieved an offer of friendship! Now she had made an ally, someone to accompany her on her adventures and entertain her ever bored mind. Oh what fun! Her grin widened into a frenzied look. Her nose wrinkled and she playfully bared her abnormally long fangs at her new friend.

"Heh! You'll be fun!!" A mixture of giggles and snarls left parted jaws as the toygress lowered herself to the ground as if she was hunting prey. Rolling her shoulder she unsheathed her already needlelike claws, preparing to engage in what she thought was friendly play. Finally, something more vigorous than jumping on trees! Without another thought, she leaped at her friend, forelegs wide in an attempt to grasp and tackle his form. Oh, but in all this chaos she had forgotten to learn his name....She'd learn soon!

@Starphobia

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old September 20th, 2024, 01:58 PM
A Silent Night haunts me

Bump Policy: Anytime, please! I forget a lot :(
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post

Venomkit
Shadowclan kit

Adrenaline bubbled inside her chest as the dark kitten took a step towards. The hiss...was a good sign! That was how she expressed her happiness and all the good feelings she experienced! According to Venomkit's logic, this meant she had successfully delivered and recieved an offer of friendship! Now she had made an ally, someone to accompany her on her adventures and entertain her ever bored mind. Oh what fun! Her grin widened into a frenzied look. Her nose wrinkled and she playfully bared her abnormally long fangs at her new friend.

"Heh! You'll be fun!!" A mixture of giggles and snarls left parted jaws as the toygress lowered herself to the ground as if she was hunting prey. Rolling her shoulder she unsheathed her already needlelike claws, preparing to engage in what she thought was friendly play. Finally, something more vigorous than jumping on trees! Without another thought, she leaped at her friend, forelegs wide in an attempt to grasp and tackle his form. Oh, but in all this chaos she had forgotten to learn his name....She'd learn soon!

@Starphobia

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Spiritkit
Half blind black tortoiseshell tom with golden flecked blue eyes
He/Him | 2 Moons | ShadowClan Kit | The Deceiver
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
What the hell did this kit want, and why him? There were so many other kits that would be willing to play with this cat, so why him? As he was preparing to slink away from the presence of this kit, he saw something that made him almost physically recoil. THE TEETH? HER TEETH! Spiritkit had never seen such a thing! This kit... Whoever she was... Was not normal. Not at all. There has to be something up with her. There was no way for a normal cat to have fangs like that.

AND WHAT DID SHE MEAN BY FUN???

He gave a warning growl and lowered his body around the same time the braided tabby did the same. But what he didn't expect, was for the kit to lash out and attack him, for stars sake.

With a startled and enraged yowl, Spiritkit scrambled from his corner of the Nursery, the brown kit's claws barely grazing his flank. He stood a good distance away from her, his own sharp claws unsheathed and his fur standing on end. He glared at her, a low growl emanating from his throat.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^
• • •

IcekitSilentpawMothflame • Firepaw • Daykit • Windkit • Spiritkit • Eveningpaw • Mimickit • Starlingkit • Hiddenpaw • Milkbee
Character Site

Do you dare approach?

Last edited by Starphobia; September 22nd, 2024 at 12:30 PM.
Old September 20th, 2024, 03:29 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Cheerful

Runningstorm padded into the nursery. "How is my lovely mate doing?" he asked with a purr, as his eyes landed on his beautiful mate.

@Cinnamiontail

Last edited by Splitmoon; September 20th, 2024 at 03:29 PM.