Last post by Crown_Sage
Today 09:28 PM

Old Today, 07:27 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWyvern View Post

Who do you think my mentor could be?” asked Ashkit. He also kept his voice down, because he didn’t want to wake up the other kits. Sometimes, all you needed was one or two kits to make up most of the others, and Ashkit didn’t want to do that.

Ashkit nodded. He’d come here as much as he could, and hoped it meant at least three times per week. “Will the training be hard?” He asked. The kit wondered if the things he would learn would be the same with the few basics he had learned as an outsider.

A thought popped into Ashkit’s mind. “Leopardsong, how did you end up as a queen? Did you follow the apprentice training that I will do too?” Maybe there existed another training that Leopardsong had forgotten to mention when she talked about ranks a few weeks ago.“I’ll become a warrior after being an apprentice, right?” asked the kit. He wanted to make sure that he wouldn’t end up as a medicine cat or some other rank.

{ @Moonraven - Leopardsong - I posted the ceremony request Also, I forgot to mention that in my post, but Ashkit wants to be a Warrior apprentice ^^}

"Your mentor, I can't say for sure. Twilightstar will decide but I'm sure they'll be a great warrior." Leopardsong's never been picky about mentors for her kits. She trusted Twilightstar to pick out good cats and if not they could always be reassigned. The WindClan leader's been doing this for a long time and Leopardsong didn't think it was her place to demand certain cats train the kits.

"Train will probably start as difficult, but you'll be used to it quickly. You'll be sore for a little as you build up muscle and get used to all the work expected of you, but it'll be rewarding in the long run." Leopardsong told him.

"Yes, I went through the same training you did and served as a WindClan warrior for some time. Twilightstar decided I was a better fit as a forever queen than a warrior since I was pretty good with kits. I'm quite happy where I am right now." It wasn't the full story, but summed up how she got into her current rank.

"Oh, yes, you'll be a warrior once you finish training. All cats become warriors once their training is complete unless StarClan decides to guide your paws to a different path, like Rabbitpaw. But you don't have to worry about that, Clans normally have only two medicine cats at a time. I doubt Lightingstorm will be looking for a new medicine cat soon." She chuckled softly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daragca View Post

Cottonkit
he/him | Windclan Kit | 6 moons
The Collector
The Stowaway Child
Cottonkit found himself bumbling into the nursery as usual, a long day of play and chasing his nonexistent tail. His paw’s felt tired, he wasn’t quite sure what to make of his earlier conversation with Maggotpaw. They sure didn’t like being an apprentice, it made him even more anxious than before. But of course Cottonkit always had to look on the brighter side of life, what he needed now was a soft bed to curl up in, surrounded by his closest friends. The closest thing to family actually.

He was still small, he hadn’t seemed to have caught up with the rest of the kits his age, still a few whisker lengths behind. What he needed right now was Leopardsong, mama. He really hadn’t spent enough time with her recently and now began to realise time was slowly moving forward with or without him. Promising himself to make more time for lovely mama, she’d know exactly what to say to quell his worries. Perhaps it had been a little dim to approach the ever so prickly Maggotpaw, they seemed entirely different now.

”Mama?” Cottonkit quizzically tipped his head to one side, trying to survey where she was amongst the piles of sleepy hushed kittens. Leopardsong wasn’t his real mama of course, but that made no difference to him. He’d always call her mama.

Out of all of them she was his favourite, maybe Twilightstar came second best. Cottonkit always oogled at her awesome scars, he’d never seen another quite so cool. But his friends were just the best, Whistlekit and Sedgekit.

Oh how tough it is, to be a young kit growing up.

[​​ @Moonraven ]

"Cottonkit!" Leopardsong purred softly as she spotted the white kit. He was usually out exploring or making friends, so their time together was little. But who was she to stand in the way of his growth and friendship? The absence merely made her grow fonder of the kit.

"Come, come," The queen called the kit over to her nest with a flicker of her tail. "Where you've been?" She asked once he joined her in her nest. She leaned down to cover the kitten in affectionate licks.

"Have you been having fun?" He had gotten quite big. Leopardsong knew he'd be moving out of the nursery very soon, and so was Ashkit. It made her a little sad, but proud at the same time. They'd be apprentices first and then warriors, seeing the kits grow into strong independent cats was the best gift that she could be given.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training