Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Splitmoon
Today 07:21 PM
All the Blame Born of...
by Bonsai
Last post by Hushfalls
Today 07:19 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by !0P055UM!
Today 06:55 PM
"Ravens and Storms both...
Last post by Rowan
Today 06:51 PM
Swift and Wildfox
Last post by Hushfalls
Today 06:51 PM

Old September 4th, 2024, 10:24 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Scales of Just...fish? Justfish? Justice? [p]

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 43 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye]
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T3, Shadow Fiend, Mind Reader
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Chariot ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Another apprentice seeking training. Mistlewhisker was quite surprised at who had approached her this time. It was the now-eldest of Lostspark's thirteen, Birdpaw. Mistlewhisker hadn't given the molly much thought after their last interaction during the fateful patrol where the idiot ate something she shouldn't have, since Mistlewhisker didn't exactly have time for morons. But Birdpaw, on the other hand, was rather eager to ask her for something.

So the pair left camp, Mistlewhisker leading the way towards the RiverClan border and the deeper part of the marsh that lay within. The scent of RiverClan was back and stronger than ever, which earned a scoff from the Deputy. The next Gathering was sure to be a riot.

"Fishing," Mistlewhisker began, "requires the ability to sit still and be quiet." She cast a cool glance at the already figiting apprentice. "Come to the water's edge and watch me."

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)
---
Mistlewhisker sig art by @/redshiftreign
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old September 4th, 2024, 10:24 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Default Re: Scales of Just...fish? Justfish? Justice? [p]

Birdpaw
ShadowClan Apprentice
she/her | 9 moons | 70/100
[Grey-blue tabby with dark blue overcoat, white underside and amber eyes]
Purrks: Lyrebird's Lullaby [PERMANENTLY ACTIVE], Don't Mind if I Do!
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Fool ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
One more training, and then Birdpaw was ready to become a warrior!! She wanted to be one of the first of her siblings to get their warrior name. She'd gotten training from Rookfire, Papa, Hawkbite... Mama was busy and didn't seem to be feeling well, so Birdpaw went to another well-renown she-cat. The Deputy had agreed to teach her how to fish, and thus Birdpaw followed Mistlewhisker out into the territory, jiggling excitedly.

The RiverClan border smelled fishy again which was all well and good she supposed. Birdpaw hadn't really been effected by RiverClan's absence, so she didn't feel the need to note on their return. Instead, she was eager to learn a new skill! So eager, in fact, that she was swaying her haunches from side to side as Mistlewhisker began to explain. The Deputy gave her a funny look, but Birdpaw was too stupid to figure out what it meant so she just followed the instruction given to her and sat down at the marsh's edge to watch.

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)
---
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old Today, 04:56 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 43 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
For once Birdpaw was quiet, and Mistlewhisker glanced sidelong at her to see if the apprentice had keeled over and died. But no, she was simply watching with her big eyes and unsettling intensity. Well then, she best not keep Birdpaw waiting. Mistlewhisker focused on the water, her pale eye flicking between shadows to determine when and where to strike. In a flash of dark fur, Mistlewhisker struck the surface of the water, claws out to hook on the shiny scales of the trout that had swum unknowingly up to the bank. With a great heave, Mistlewhisker lobbed the fish up onto the shore where she bent down and nipped the fish on the back of the head where the spine would be.

Looking to Birdpaw, Mistlewhisker eyed her. "What did you see? What did you learn?"

---
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old Today, 04:59 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Birdpaw
ShadowClan Apprentice
she/her | 9 moons | 81/100
[Grey tabby with a dark overcoat, white underside and amber eyes]
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Fool ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Man, fishing involved a lot of waiting! Birdpaw wasn't very good at waiting, but in order to keep up with Mistlewhisker the apprentice forced herself to focus on the water and the shadows flitting about in it. She caught the large shadow half a second before Mistlewhisker struck, gasping in surprise at the sudden movement and reeling back as water threatened to drench the spot she had been in previously. Birdpaw watched with fascination as Mistlewhisker brought the fish up and bit it, stopping its flopping immediately.

When Mistlewhisker turned to her, Birdpaw felt rather put on the spot. Oh dear! Uhhh what did she learn? Uhhhhhh... "Don't lean over the bank too much... scoop the fish onto the bank before killing it... bite the head?"

---
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!

Last edited by Mica; Today at 04:59 PM.
Old Today, 05:01 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 43 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker nodded at Birdpaw's answer. She wasn't too sure of herself, but at least she got the gist. "Now, you try. Remember what you saw from my demonstration. Keep the lessons in mind. If you fail, you can always try again." And thus began the most tedious part of training.

---
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old Today, 05:07 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Birdpaw
ShadowClan Apprentice
she/her | 9 moons | 82/100
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Fool ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Birdpaw swallowed nervously, peering over the bank into the water. Rookfire had taught her how to swim, so it wasn't falling in she was worried about. But those fish were pretty big, and she was pretty small... What if they bowled her over? Birdpaw settled over the bank with her paws splayed so she could keep her balance, and resigned herself to staring at the water for several long minutes.

There were many fish that darted by, but every time she went to go scoop one out she hesitated and scared it away. It was becoming increasingly difficult for Birdpaw to remain positive, and Mistlewhisker staring at her wasn't helping. Suddenly she felt a lot like crying. But no! She couldn't cry! She was a strong cat! She had Darkfall and Lostspark as her Papa and Mama, and her Grandmother was Dawnstar! She could do it! She thought of how proud Mama and Sleepysunrise would be if she returned with a fish she caught herself. And suddenly, all the negative emotions in her mind took a back seat. Birdpaw locked in further, holding a paw out to prepare for the next time a fish swam by.

A subtle flash of scales had Birdpaw lunging forward, squeaking as she almost tumbled into the water but reeling herself back just in time to scoop the fish onto the bank. It floundered, its tail coming up to whip at Birdpaw and causing her to shriek in confusion. Where was she suppposed to bite?? IT KEPT HITTING HER!! With a squeak of terror Birdpaw lunged forward and bit the fish's head, stilling it almost immediately. Breathing heavily, Birdpaw stared at the dead fish in front of her. "I... did it." She meowed softly in the voice of Mossfreckle. "I... I DID IT!" Her voice grew shrill with delight, and she began hopping up and down in front of the fish. "I DID IT! I DID IT! I CAUGHT A FISH! DIDJA SEE IT??"

---
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!

Last edited by Mica; Today at 05:08 PM.
Old Today, 05:11 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 43 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker watched with vague interest as Birdpaw prepared herself and settled down, but that quickly grew to boredom as Birdpaw clearly hesitated every time a fish swam by. She could have caught three fish by now if she just took initiative. Mistlewhisker was about to snap to focus when Birdpaw lunged forward, coming back up with a small silvery fish. She battled with it for a moment but ended up finally killing it.

Then the screaming began. Mistlewhisker resisted the urge to pin her ears back, sighing as Birdpaw jumped around and cheered about her catch. Stars, this kid wasn't praised enough as a kit, was she. "Yes, I saw. Well done." Mistlewhisker couldn't deny the maternal instinct that took over as she saw the adorable look on Birdpaw's face, and she swept her tail over the apprentice's head. "What would you do differently, if given the chance?"

---
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old Today, 05:15 PM
Matching with @/Poprock

Birdpaw
ShadowClan Apprentice
she/her | 9 moons | 83/100
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Fool ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Birdpaw didn't catch the begruding acceptance from the Deputy, too engrossed in her success to care about anything else. Mistlewhisker's words barely registered, but Birdpaw darted to the bank and looked over the side again, ready to catch another fish. "I wouldn't hesitate as much, and I gotta remain balanced! And kill the fishy before it can hit me." Her face still smarted where the fish's tail had whacked her, but it was just a reminder of what she had accomplished.

At Mistlewhisker's hum of approval, Birdpaw focused on the bank again. The first time a fish darted by she shot towards it, dragging it up onto the bank with another cheer and killing it swiftly. TWO FISHIES!!!! HOORAY!!!

Mistlewhisker seemed pleased, too, and allowed Birdpaw to carry her fishes home on the way back. Birdpaw could officially fish, now! That was all her training done!! Soon she could become a warrior, and then she would show everyone that she was as amazing as the rest of her family!

[End of training.]

---
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!