Last post by Rowan
Today 04:39 PM

Old September 10th, 2024, 04:39 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Smallpines

☾ Brokenstream | 23 MOONS | HE/HIM ☽
header & divider by @/Marigoldwhisper

Brokenstream tried to keep his pace somewhat slower in consideration for Wormbite, but fast enough that he hoped the older tom wouldn't notice and take offense. "Alright, we all heard what Dusklion said. Don't overdue it, but I'm sure I don't need to tell you two that." He meowed with a flick of his tail, beginning to mark a few small bushes along the scent line. He felt a bit awkward commanding two older warriors, but apart from being a Lionheart, he was also technically the patrol leader. He shook his head- they obviously knew that. As long as he didn't try to be too boisterous, there shouldn't be an issue.

"How do you two feel about being back?" He asked, trying to start conversation. "I'm happy, but it does feel a bit strange." The bengal admitted while casting an anxious glance across the border.

( @wolfie | @Rowan )

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC

Brokenstream is one of RiverClan's Lionhearts! He is OPEN to any RP; if you need him, mention me !

Last edited by TanghuluCat; September 11th, 2024 at 07:17 PM. Reason: fixed bold text
Old September 11th, 2024, 06:56 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzypaw View Post
Padding close behind Shockhoney, Lavendersong parted her jaws to take in the damp air before shaking her head to ease the pungent smell that attacked her senses. Herondive Hollow was, indeed, smelly. The night black she cat glanced back at Creepingpaw, who seemed preoccupied with a chirping cricket before Lavendersong flicked her tail and hissed quietly to grab his attention, "It's important when you're out in our territory to check on scent markers... let's do that as we make our way to Smallpines."

Glancing up from pawing at a cricket, Creepingpaw nodded before pointing his striped muzzle towards the earth to take in the scent and make sure that ThunderClan's markers were strong and sufficient. Glancing at Shockhoney, Lavendersong nodded as she beckoned the group to make their way to Smallpines to finish the tour.
[ Ongoing roleplay takes place before the ThunderClan Lockdown. We can end the tour once you reply! ]

Territory Tour
Smallpines
Herondive Hollow
Thunderglade
Cattail Pond
Firefly Cove
Sunkissed Creek
Haggard Ruins
Willow's Rise

Shockhoney
She/Her | [ #flocklitterkestrel ]

Oh, yay! They were done! Well, almost done, that was. One laaaaaast border, and then they could head back to camp. Little did Shockhoney realize, she'd be lamenting ever wanting to go back to camp in the near future after ThunderClan's lockdown.

"Tada, this is Smallpines. It's our border with RiverClan... hm, I wonder if they've come back yet." She hadn't been able to fight in the raid on RiverClan -- considering she'd had really minimum fighting training at the time, so that was kinda lame. Either way, the past was the past. Stopping beside a tree, Shockhoney rubbed her cheek and pawpads against the bark to leave her scent - or more generally, ThunderClan's scent - behind as they passed through. "Anyway, this is the last border. The boring-est right now I guess, since RiverClan is gone."

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old September 11th, 2024, 11:51 PM

My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
[ Ongoing roleplay takes place before the ThunderClan Lockdown. We can end the tour once you reply! ]

Territory Tour
Smallpines
Herondive Hollow
Thunderglade
Cattail Pond
Firefly Cove
Sunkissed Creek
Haggard Ruins
Willow's Rise

Shockhoney
She/Her | [ #flocklitterkestrel ]

Oh, yay! They were done! Well, almost done, that was. One laaaaaast border, and then they could head back to camp. Little did Shockhoney realize, she'd be lamenting ever wanting to go back to camp in the near future after ThunderClan's lockdown.

"Tada, this is Smallpines. It's our border with RiverClan... hm, I wonder if they've come back yet." She hadn't been able to fight in the raid on RiverClan -- considering she'd had really minimum fighting training at the time, so that was kinda lame. Either way, the past was the past. Stopping beside a tree, Shockhoney rubbed her cheek and pawpads against the bark to leave her scent - or more generally, ThunderClan's scent - behind as they passed through. "Anyway, this is the last border. The boring-est right now I guess, since RiverClan is gone."
Also blissfully unaware of the situation that awaited the three of them back at camp, Lavendersong let out a deep sigh as her midnight colored pelt rose and fell with her dainty breath. She wouldn't be the first one to admit it, but when it came to long walks and traverses Lavendersong had a bit of a princess complex. It's not that she couldn't walk long distances... it's that she hated it. Once the group paused, she gave the sore pink pads of her paws a few licks and glanced at Shockhoney upon hearing her question. The graceful she cat purred with a hint of tenderness in her gentle voice, "I hope they do come back. We need all 4 clans for balance, after all." She meowed in a matter of fact tone, her somber expression shifting as she smiled brightly; a tinge of hope dwelling behind her purple frosted eyes.

Then, with swift and comedic timing, Creepingpaw's voice from behind the pair cut through the air as he began marking his scent on one of the many young pine trees that scattered this area of the territory, "Good riddance! I could smell their fish breath all the way from camp!" The boisterous apprentice retorted loudly before bursting into a throaty cackle, only to silence his buffoonery as soon as he caught a peak of Lavendersong flashing him a disapproving, stern stare. With his black ears pinned flat against his head and brilliant green eyes wide as the moon from being called out on his immature behavior, Creepingpaw let out a small tsk sound from between his teeth before he sidestepped and passed in front of the pair of warriors, "Come on, let's get outta here before I take another surprise swim thanks to Shockhoney..." The silver and black striped apprentice turned his head around and flashed Shockhoney a toothy grin.
Old September 12th, 2024, 03:51 PM
pfp w/ @/Marigoldwhisper

Bump Policy: 3 Days
My Mood: Queenly

RowanMane
Male | 41 Moons | RiverClan Warrior | Apprentice: RainingPaw | Posts: 78
large midnight charcoal agouti tabby tom with bright blue eyes, many scars, messy medium-length fur, underbite
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @TanghuluCat @wolfie

┍━━━━━»•» …loading… «•«━┑

He brushed his scent along the trees and other areas that marked the border. He did it just as usual, not stronger than the other clans scents in any way. He was minding him own business, soaking in being back at home still.

His cool blue gaze flicked to the Lionheart as he spoke, then back ahead of himself whenever he seemed done. “Yeah…it feels all differen’. Bu’ we jus’ gotta be more serious now—“ he hesitated, looking to the younger and then the older cat. Everything RedMire said flashed through his head. He had to make an impact and this was a start, “not like we weren’ serious before, bu’ we have t’ work together y’know? Recen’ly with all the division I feel we’ve jus’ been turnin’ against each other…” he shared his feelings, twitching his tail behind him casually (though it may be a nervous tick too). Truly though, his goal was to do good for his clan in some way, he had to prove himself.

┕━»•» …100% complete… «•«━━━━━┙

Writing and Surprise Shop Hut
ART CONTEST
Bristle’Thorn Mate Finder (SC) | DarkPaw Finder (SC)
Old September 12th, 2024, 09:49 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

┆彡 T H E S I N - E A T E R ☆
HE . HIM . 57 MOONS . RIVERCLAN WARRIOR
heavily scarred & skinny black tom with white speckles; cloudy light amber eyes. walks with a prominent limp & has protruding fangs that overlap his bottom lip.

content + interaction warning : this character frequently explores themes of mental health, complex trauma, and abuse

└➤ ⌗ @Rowan @TanghuluCat

wormbite couldn't quite tell if brokenstream's gait had pace, he wasn't awfully familiar with it but truthfully he found instead of being a tail-length and a half behind he walked almost side by side. partially he enjoyed keeping his distance, and also simply attempting to keep such a pace with two injured legs ultimately took more energy then it was worth. he did not lag behind severely, so he settled with them all getting to the same place eventually.

the oriental started to silently mark the border, brushing up against the nearby evergreen. his torn ear twitching in response to the prompting question, internally sighing. he had been gone for nine moons and back for almost a week before he had to lose his home all over again. "..strange indeed, " wormbite finally mewed in agreeance, not wanting to be incredible rude and ignore the other but admittedly he would've preferred to stay in silence.

he keeps his expression blank, but truth of the matter wormbite still found himself missing pieces of riverclan's history. dusklion had mentioned briefly of .. their struggles, but during the exile it did appear most of his clanmates did their best to work together. (excusing the attempted murder on fadingstar — there was always a few idiotic outliers. ) during beanstar's reign there had been division of course, but four leaders had stepped up since then. different circumstances, but same essence.

instead of a verbal response, wormbite only gives a brief nod and continues scenting the border.

★ ULTIMATE PREDATOR ★ JUST A SCRATCH ★ SHADOW FIEND ★ SURVIVAL INSTINCTS

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc

Last edited by wolfie; September 12th, 2024 at 09:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired

☾ Brokenstream | 23 MOONS | HE/HIM ☽
header & divider by @/Marigoldwhisper

Finishing his scent markings, Brokenstream padded towards Rowanmane as he spoke, nodding thoughtfully. "Yes! I agree. Now is when we need to start working together more than ever. RiverClan was once divided and then drove away, but now is our chance come back stronger than ever as one." A passionate fire blazed in the Lionheart's light green eyes. "I hope more cats come to think like you, Rowanmane." He sighed, but his eyes still showed gratefulness at the older tom's words.

The bengal cast a glance at Wormbite, who didn't really seem that interested in conversation. Brokenstream shrugged- it's not like Wormbite was being rude. Maybe he just wasn't much of a talker. "Let me know when you guys are ready to head back."

( @Rowan | @wolfie )

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC

Brokenstream is one of RiverClan's Lionhearts! He is OPEN to any RP; if you need him, mention me !
Old Today, 12:47 AM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Dusklion - RiverClan Deputy

The words that tumbled out of her Clanmate's mouth were an aide as the gray furred she-cat shook her head once more. Adrenaline pumped through every part of her body as she watched Larkwing slash the creature while Floodsight went for its face. Both attacks landed, leaving the creature letting out a screech that made Dusklion flatten her ears to her skull. Still she reached out with her claws, aiming to hook them onto the thick... fur? Skin? Whatever it was, she just wanted to rip and tear into it.

"Go for the face!" she yowled above the noise of battle, a snarl ripping at the end of it as the otter she was facing whipped around - it's thick tail aimed straight for Larkwing's side - the deputy realized up close just how big and dangerous these creatures were. There was a brief moment in which she stepped back, not realizing how close already to the bank she was. She felt her back paw slide and in the midst of trying to both look over her shoulder and catch herself, she saw it.

A fourth otter sliding out from the bank. Mudsmoke's wide eyes, briefly locking with her as he looked behind him. How easily it yanked him into the water.

"I want every cat-" The deputy started to order, realizing just how outnumbered they were in strength, when her other leg slid full off the bank. With the ground no longer underneath her she felt her hind quarters slipping. The otter had lunged towards her after turning, shoving her with a strength she would've never expected to come from such a creature. Gravity did the rest of the work an before Dusklion knew it, the ice cold water of the river swallowed her up.

Thrusting her paws down and breaking the surface briefly - ignoring the stench of blood in the air and the sticky red substance pooling around her from what was probably... Mudsmoke... Dusklion yowled a final, "GET AWAY FROM THE BANKS!" before something pulled her under once more.

[ @burntToast @Idiotic.Bean101 @Neptune. @alec @Ace. @BEAR. ]
[ small surprise for those who didn't know it was coming! this patrol will not be successful unfortunately! there are a total of three otters on the bank - one that just shoved dusk into the river, one that catfishwhisker and mudsmoke were fighting, and one that jayfrost is fighting. you are free to determine the outcomes of the otters attacks, however do keep in mind that they are quite strong and will not be able to be killed by a single warrior alone! there is also one otter in the river that first dragged mudsmoke into the river and has now also taken dusklion under! fear not, there is a rescue plan in place for dusk! ...please send thoughts and prayers to mudsmoke though, rip my guy ]

"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum

Last edited by taillow; Today at 10:51 AM.
Old Today, 03:09 AM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: every 3 days :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | riverclan | 32moons | killer aptitude t3 ]
jayfrost had been dealing well with his otter, dodging quick paws and its heavy jaws with practiced ease whilst getting to slice through flesh at a high rate. by this point, he had mostly lost focus of his clanmates, entirely focussed on the water stuck in the otters fur combining with its blood, invoking bloodly footsteps tinting the pale brown and sand of the bank to tint a soft orange-y red. keen on getting this done and helping with the larger otters, jayfrost combined dodging quickly twice, jumping out of the way last minute both times, with using the force of its own upset movement to trip the otter. resulting in it sliding over sandy soil and remaining on its side for just a moment where he ultimately locked jaws around its pulse point. the animal had gotten hold of his leg in the process and was able to catch his side once before it went limp, leaving him panting and gushing blood.

dusklions yowl caught his attention, whilst the first one had sounded like a command, this one had a slightly more fearful pitch to it and jayfrost watched in horror as the last of mudsmoke disappeared into dark blue water, a burst of air bubbles and the sloshing of the otter moving in water as the only resemblance of life where his clanmate had just stood. frozen in place by what he just witnessed, it took dusklion suffering the same fate, being shoved under water swiftly.

"DUSK!" he yowled, more out of shock than any hope she would reply and let the energy snapping through his body cut loose, ignoring the deputies orders entirely by bounding over to where dusklion had disappeared just as mudsmoke had. the warrior came to a skidding halt at the very edge of the bank, heavy breaths shook his body as pale blue eyes darted around the surface of the water rapidly in search of the familiar dark pelt. whilst his brain was working overtime trying to figure out how to safe his friend, he had lost track of one of the otters still more or less engaged in fighting, resulting in a heavy paw colliding with the front half of jayfrosts body. knocking a lungful of shaky breaths out of him and causing him to slip on the slick soil in the water. unable to avoid another attack, the otter grabbed him be the neck, pulling the warrior underwater.

in his struggle, jayfrost managed to get a hold of the otters hind, holding on by teeth and claws before a strong hind leg hit him square in the chest, forcing the remaining air out of his lungs and water to take its place. icy cold spread through his lungs and suddenly he wasnt being yanked under water by a otter anymore but back on rugged range, heavy snow pressing down on him and unable to move. if he wasnt underwater, jayfrost doubted he could take a breath regardless, with the dull dark green in front of his eyes far too close to the suffocating black and the cold making his lungs protest and spasm painfully.
perhaps this was it now. he had been running for most of his life, trying to get away from everything painful and pushing everyone that came to close away to shield himself from any source of pain that could make his miserable existence a bit more torturous. now here he was, dying not only alone but after being unable to safe a friend. he wasnt sure what to make of that, did his death trying to safe another redeem him or should this simply confirm what he had known for moons? despite being unable to determine his own feelings about this beyond knowing he didnt regret trying to help, something he could easily identify was a rush of adrenaline at the fear of seeing his father again. throat closing up uselessly around oxygen free airways whilst the pain at the back of his throat came all the same. after all the things he endured amongst the waking? would the place he was supposed to reside in for eternity be filled with far greater fear? would this be starclans punishment for his disbelief and dissatisfaction?

alone oh stars. he was alone.

soon after, the thrashing ceased and the water surface returned to mostly still, yet tinted a saturated red.

[ @burntToast @Idiotic.Bean101 @Neptune. @taillow @Ace. @/BEAR. ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Old Today, 09:28 AM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Larkwing
~<>~
26 moons || she/her || RC Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Killer Aptitude T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

And suddenly everything goes wrong. The otters, it turns out, are far more formidable opponents than any of them had expected. Dusklion goes under, resurfacing to yowl out a warning, Mudsmoke went under and did not come back up... Jayfrost did the same. What had they gotten themselves into..?

For a brief moment, Larkwing worries that she'll die here, too, that she won't make it back home. Strangely, the thought makes her worry for Fishfreckle of all cats, and the thought that she won't make it back to him almost outweighs the panic that the otters have stirred in her. Perhaps now is a stupid time to realize it, just how much she cares for him, but these things rarely happen at the best of times. If for no one else, she has to make it back for him.

A thick tail slams into her, catching her off guard and knocking the wind from her lungs. She tries to get away from the bank, but it's as if one more hit from this thing while she's already disoriented would be enough to push her over the edge, and the otter looks as if it wants to do just that.

[ @burntToast || @Idiotic.Bean101 || @alec || @taillow || @Ace. || @/BEAR. || @Dark ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old Today, 10:37 AM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Catfishwhisker-It/Its
35 Moons

PURRKS
Agatha Kitty-Inactive

-------------------------

This wasn't going well.
Mudsmoke had been dragged under, it didn't look like he was coming back up.
And then Dusklion, but she was able to come back up at least for a moment.
And then went Jayfrost.

These otters were so much stronger than Catfishwhisker had expected, and one seemed to be going for Larkwing now.
Catfishwhisker moved to aim its claws at the eyes of the otter, aiming to blind it.
Getting rid of the sight of at least one otter would give them a better advantage, at least.
Now to hope its attack lands.

@taillow - @goodacacia - @burntToast - @Neptune. - @alec
[Caveclaw is fully being swapped to Catfishwhisker due to timeline]

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue t1-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan), Agatha Kitty-Catfishwhisker(RiverClan), Kitty Softpaws t1-Caveclaw(RiverClan), The Collector-Dewfawn(WindClan)

Last edited by Idiotic.Bean101; Today at 10:52 AM.