Last post by elio
Today 05:31 AM

Old September 13th, 2024, 10:52 PM

Bump Policy: 4 days, 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

As Palekit showed up, Nightshiver offered the little one a gentle smile in silent greeting before her eyes lifted to sweep around the den. She hadn't seen Snarlingkit yet, much to her chagrin, but the forever queen decided it was high time to move. If Snarlingkit wanted to make a late appearance, however, that was perfectly fine with her. And as she settled into a calm corner of the den, some moss pull around at her side to make little makeshift nests for the kittens who wished to join - ushering Palekit closer - the forever queen began to speak in a low tone, worlds rumbling as she began to recall the history she would speak of.

''Moons ago, before I was born, ShadowClan was left at the helm a StarClan-chosen leader. Her fur was dark and eyes a blaze - once known as Iceheart of ShadowClan, then taking up the helm as Icestar, with Crowfeather at her side. It is said the clan had been in much disarray before she took on leadership, training our apprentices and bringing order back to our ranks - and reintroducing a skill we are known for; walking the shadows like our second pelt. She was... Considered ruthless and blinded by pride to some, yet seen as a strong leader with a stone paw by others. Everyone's opinion is their own... Not one is entirely correct or false. You see, while Crowfeather was around but for some moons - soon replaced by the trustworthy Beastspark - Icestar stood strong. She waged war against RiverClan when Lionstar still led them, our troubles with the clan of rivers seemingly endless. The fights were multiple, taking place in each of our camps or borders, be it skirmishes or leader-led assaults. Dens were damaged, clanmates were hurt and lives were lost, including that of the leader herself once upon a time. Even so, she was building a name for ShadowClan - one of fierceness and strength; though some would consider it foolish.

ShadowClan's troubles, while mostly in face of RiverClan, did not end with just them. Icestar had previously launched an attack of ThunderClan, and WindClan was growing weary of the unrest. Though we were strong... WindClan succeeded in treating us the same way we did RiverClan just some moons ago; I was but an apprentice, then, when WindClan came and chased us from our home. Mourning Ruins, named for the lives lost in the mysterious fire that took some of our clanmates' lives within the construction you will find there, may very well be the only remaining piece of territory we have left from that time. While we were out in the open... An unexpected help came. Flintstar; Flintspirit, once ThunderClan's leader, then a loner. Her guided our clan to an open clearing where we treated our wounded and took shelter for the time being, during which he mysteriously disappeared. Warriors were made, too, and Ebonyfang announced as ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice under Irisflame. But peace may not always be endless, and trouble struck when Icestar -- when Icestar lost her last life, fallen from the branches on which she stood, pushed by one of our own... Moments before the act took place, she had demoted Beastspark, her long standing deputy, in favour of Dawnstar, her daughter. Dawnstar has spend little to no time in the position of deputy before Icestar's death and her leadership began -- as stone-pawed as you would expect. Some found Dawnstar's leadership was harsh - harsher than Icestar's, and met with opposition, but she was effective. Dawnstar led us to a new camp; the one previous to where we are now, and made sure our ranks and strength remained in order. And while our issues with RiverClan died down, they only picked up with WindClan.

You see, cats were angry. Angry at WindClan for chasing us from our homes, but they felt justified in their actions. And in such a manner, our the intricate dance of clan politics and issues continues in a never-ending story. Dawnstar and Twilightstar, WindClan's leader, have often stood on opposing ends. While Dawnstar once took control of WindClan, Twilightstar retaliated when she deemed it necessary. Skirmishes over land and who is right or wrong are common among the clans, dear, but nothing is ever black and white. Relations change; you know, ShadowClan once harboured WindClan cats when they were with no home to go to, under Icestar's leadership - yet she also offered some a place in our clan, a possibility to desert their loyalties. Some did as such, some didn't. And looking just a few moons back, we were allied with WindClan to stand against common trouble. It is difficult to judge a clan for their past actions only, when the present is what currently matters, especially when the history is as long and complicated as this.

I am less well-versed in this aspect, but we have had our issues with ThunderClan too; I hear, a ThunderClanner once invited Dawnstar to lead them, until she decided it was not worth the trouble. That was much before Bumblestar came along to lead them, but it makes me think... History can repeat itself if we are not careful. It is... Look at what is around you with an open mind. Nothing is easy to understand.''

She gave Palekit a soft look, gently touching her nose to the kitten's forehead.
''Any questions?''

[ @goodacacia @desert_Rain_Frog - if you still want Snarling to join in! here is the lesson o7 also Open for any other kittens to react !! Aaaannnd please consider that Night is stuttering through this ahah, might edit in the pauses later ˆˆ ]

Palepaw
◆ ShadowClan | 5 moons

Palepaw gathered a little closer as if he was listening to a story. It definitely felt like one when Night mama was preparing the mossy cushions. He squirmed a little to settle down and got comfortable in his spot before Nightshiver had begun the tale of ShadowClan's history.

He shivered a little as he imagined the previous leader Nightshiver had spoke of. Iceheart, then Icestar, of her reign and the wars that followed. And soon he learned of an ex-ThunderClanner who helped ShadowClan find a place of peace. He learned of the past medicine cats as well. Irisflame... and Ebonyfang. And then came Dawnstar.

Dawnstar!

She was their leader! He didn't know she would be part of the history too. His nosed quivered a little upon hearing another conflict arrive. WindClan...and their leader, Twilightstar. He didn't like arguments all that much. It was not a nice thing to do. He stared blankly at Nightshiver, in shock, little choked on what to say. Normally he would've asked a lot of questions by now, but he was too entranced by the lesson to mumble a single word.

The more Palepaw learned of the clan's history the more his head spun. "Um...so RiverClan fought Icestar. ThunderClan helped Icestar? So...our old leader helped WindClan. But WindClan and Dawnstar fought and then...Dawnstar helped ThunderClan?

It all went too fast. He stared at the ground a little confused. He seemed to get the gist of the the story, but it was definitely a lot to take in. He was awoken once more by Nightshiver's bump on the forehead. With close eyes, he'd nodded quicky in agreement with Night mama though on slightly different topics, "Definitely! Nothing is easy to understand!"

Character Bios | Art Shop: Closed

Username has been changed back to @goodacacia ! Won't be able to get notified if mentioned as @ace.
VM to get pinged for Art Shop | Bump after 4 days, 1 if time sensitive

⊹˚₊‧───────────‧₊ ˚⊹
Old September 13th, 2024, 11:44 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Fogkit tried to bury a eaten mouse towards the back of the nursery.

Rabbitpaw is Windclan's current Medicine Cat Apprentice!
[ Windclan has a SEMI-CLOSED den policy ]

My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder | Windclan Healing
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

Status: ★annoyingly obsessed with Hamilton, and those mildly historically inaccurate little queers
Bump Policy: ★Whenever! Please bump me! My memory is awful and bumps are very helpful!!
My Mood: Spooky

Batkit stared down the nursery wall