Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
September Gathering
Last post by Concorde
Today 01:21 AM
Windswept Plains
by BEAR.
Last post by oakcrane
Today 01:20 AM
ThunderClan Warriors' Den
by dino.
Last post by Rose
Today 01:18 AM
Incorrect quotes
Last post by twizzypaw
Today 01:02 AM
Song Requests
by Fawn
Last post by oakcrane
Today 12:44 AM

Old September 10th, 2024, 10:49 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Doh
Default Re: Softpaw's Training [P]

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Lionheart |

Heroneye's whiskers twitched at the apprentice's quiet apology. Of course, it was so like her to do so, even when they were in the middle of fighting practice. Heroneye passively hoped that she wouldn't show so much mercy on the battlefield--though, of course, that would be a different situation entirely. In any case, she was also glad that the apprentice seemed eager to continue practicing on her own. It was that kind of behavior that separated the "good" apprentices from the "exceptional". That was how Heroneye saw it, anyway.

"Alright, next move," Heroneye began. "This one is better for larger cats and is known as the leap-and-hold. It's exactly what it sounds like; you are to leap onto the back of a warrior to attack them. From that position, it would be difficult to retaliate and would give you the upper paw, so to speak. That is why it is often preferable to use such a move over facing them head-on from the perspective of smaller or younger cats." This move seemed to fit the description of one that could be used against taller cats. By leaping onto their back, one can avoid the more powerful attacks of older and bigger cats.

"First, though, you'll need to be in a position to actually perform the move." Heroneye blinked thoughtfully with a new idea. "Try to get around me. You don't have to try the move yet, but you'll have to be quick enough to try, first." She wasn't too sure what to expect from the apprentice, but Heroneye decided not to hold back--for this exercise, at least. After all, there would likely come many times where Softpaw would have struggles in battle. Might as well get those learning experiences through with now, when she wouldn't be killed for them.

(quick shoutout to the warrior cats wiki for its page on battle moves or i would have no idea what to do )

( @ChromeSilver_Hwaa - Softpaw )
Old September 11th, 2024, 03:35 PM
Camo x

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: 48 hrs
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Heroneye's whiskers twitched at the apprentice's quiet apology. Of course, it was so like her to do so, even when they were in the middle of fighting practice. Heroneye passively hoped that she wouldn't show so much mercy on the battlefield--though, of course, that would be a different situation entirely. In any case, she was also glad that the apprentice seemed eager to continue practicing on her own. It was that kind of behavior that separated the "good" apprentices from the "exceptional". That was how Heroneye saw it, anyway.

"Alright, next move," Heroneye began. "This one is better for larger cats and is known as the leap-and-hold. It's exactly what it sounds like; you are to leap onto the back of a warrior to attack them. From that position, it would be difficult to retaliate and would give you the upper paw, so to speak. That is why it is often preferable to use such a move over facing them head-on from the perspective of smaller or younger cats." This move seemed to fit the description of one that could be used against taller cats. By leaping onto their back, one can avoid the more powerful attacks of older and bigger cats.

"First, though, you'll need to be in a position to actually perform the move." Heroneye blinked thoughtfully with a new idea. "Try to get around me. You don't have to try the move yet, but you'll have to be quick enough to try, first." She wasn't too sure what to expect from the apprentice, but Heroneye decided not to hold back--for this exercise, at least. After all, there would likely come many times where Softpaw would have struggles in battle. Might as well get those learning experiences through with now, when she wouldn't be killed for them.

(quick shoutout to the warrior cats wiki for its page on battle moves or i would have no idea what to do )

(I was just looking at it tbh TvT )

Softpaw nodded, listening intentially as her mentor explained the new move. For bigger cats..... but smaller and younger cats could use it? Jeez a mouthful of words but such an easy sounding move. Softpaw nodded gently as her mentor told her to get around her first, Softpaw narrowed her soft green eyes as she analyzed her mentor, her mentor was good at hunting, would probably use a crouch and then leap to face her, probably bat her away . Softpaw crouched, baring her teeth which for the usually sweet apprentice, was a bit unusual, but in order for her to complete the move to the best of her ability, she'd have to show the effort but just with no claws. Softpaw stalked to the side, giving a small hop forward, as her mentor hopefully leapt the side to block her, Softpaw would leap over to the side and hopefully avoid her mentor and end up close to behind behind her. Is not, then Softpaw would get blocked and give a small growl while ducking down and shooting under her mentor, but before she got under her paws she would scoot to the side and race behind her mentor

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here"
Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Doh

Heroneye

Heroneye observed the apprentice carefully as she prepared to make her move. Softpaw seemed to be taking this seriously; naturally, Heroneye would have to do the same.

She watched as Softpaw stalked forward and attempted to hop around the Lionheart. Not missing a beat, Heroneye quickly turned once again to face the apprentice. At this, she watched as the apprentice once again attempted to leap around but blinked in surprise as she dove under Heroneye's paws. Evidently, she was determined to win at this little exercise.

Well, that was one way to do it. If anything, the unexpected method would probably work to her advantage. "Good job. Just as an aside, though, if you manage to get under someone's paws like that in a real fight, be careful and quick so as to not get crushed."

Come to think of it, she'd never seen such a move pulled off in battle. Part of that was probably due to Softpaw's small size, though another was likely Heroneye's own ineptitude. Her gaze hardened imperceptibly; of course, only Heroneye would have allowed for such a thing. Clearly, she still had much to learn.