Last post by burntToast
Today 02:49 AM
September Gathering
Last post by alec
Today 02:40 AM

Old September 11th, 2024, 08:41 AM

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: WindClan Warriors' Den

Unbeknownst to Scalescar, a wobbly kit stumbled into the warrior's den in search of a warm place to nap. He had been playing all day, and because of his constant, unsteady wobbling, playing took twice as much effort. Stumblekit yawned, his eyes drooping; he didn't realize Scalescar was there until he bumped into his hind leg. The two-moon-old kit squeaked in surprise, losing his balance and rolling onto his back, his legs shooting up into the air.
Old September 11th, 2024, 05:53 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Hornetchase was sitting on his moss bed near the edge of the den's entrance, languidly grooming his fur and enjoying the little free time she had; his ears moved at the sound of the other cats inside the den, but her mind remained focused on himself, content and relaxed with being surrounded by fellow clanmates.
Old September 11th, 2024, 07:10 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Stepping into the den, the intense green-yellow eyes scanned the nests until he found the she-cat he was looking for. "Deadmoon," Batglare's gravel tone summoned the warrior's attention as he padded towards her.

The brown and white warrior paused a good tail length from the she-cat and sat. "A quick word if you're not busy." He wasn't sure why he hadn't bothered to start with her in the first place. WindClan needed new furies, the loss of two had placed quite a hindrance on the ones that remained. There was no cat he could find to replace the one they had buried, but that didn't mean he couldn't find replacements.

Wolffang had been an ideal fury, he was a little surprised Twilightstar hadn't started with him before his passing. That thought had brought him Deadmoon. She was dedicated, attentive, and responsible. She seemed about as social as he and Leechscar were, which was a boon for Batglare at this time. If he got her to agree he could report to Twilightstar that he had found a new addition to the rank, then work on finding a new cat for Crowtooth's replacement which would bring them back up to a decent number of furies.

"Would you have any interest in becoming a fury?"

@gs29513 [Deadmoon - before I forget again getting a starter going]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old September 11th, 2024, 09:42 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadmoon had been resting somewhere in between sleep and wakefulness, eyes thin slits as she dispassionately observed the goings on of the warriors den. Predictably, not much was happening. This was simply fuel for Deadmoon's moment of apathy, the perfect accompaniment to her moment of indulgent self-pity. She wasn't sure why this had come about now. It was foolish. All of it was foolish. It had been moons, other cats equally close to Wolffang, closer even in Leopardsong's case, had moved on. Had gotten their paws back under them, and brought light back into their lives. She'd thought she'd done the same, doing her best to watch and lavish upon Snowybreeze's kits, and resolved to give Honeypaw more attention. Patrols, too, had been a welcome distraction.

But today, today Deadmoon was feeling far more like Deadpaw, after Nightpaw had gone but before she'd met Marigoldpaw or gotten to know Breezepelt. An empty husk of a cat, going through the motions as best she could but well aware that she would never measure up. It was strange. How deeply she had been imprinted at such a young age. Not a single physical reminder remained of her mother and sister and brother, nothing but the ghosts that wormed into her own mind. Deadmoon must have the power to banish them, yet she did not. As weak of will as she was of body, perhaps. Huffing softly, she was about to try and got to proper sleep if only to stop thinking when a voice rousted her.

She raised her head, doing her best to shake any moss or bracken from her fur as she propped herself onto her haunches, sitting and then standing to face Batglare. What on earth did HE want? Deadmoon couldn't remember a time the two of them had spoken, and so was understandably rather perplexed. Well, confusion was better than apathy she supposed, as she busily tried to figure out what was going on. Was she in trouble? Deadmoon was fairly certain she hadn't done anything all that naughty, but one never could tell. But alas, she could think of no other cause for the fury's visit. Busy I most certainly am not. she replied, overly convoluted in her wording if only to give her tongue something to do.

And then, Batglare got around to his purpose of visit. And......um. Not what she had expected! Deadmoon wasn't in good control of her emotion at the best of times, and at this exact moment could do absolutely nothing except her initial instinct of a vacant expression and a perplexed Uhhhhh before she realized she was supposed to be Better Than This starsdamnit and shut her mouth right up. Ugh. This was an unexpected situation and she was not vibing with it one bit. Because....why her? Why now? What on earth? She was flattered, of course she was. Deadmoon had an ego just like every cat, the idea of being given some sort of plaudits for what she'd been doing for 45 moons of her damn life was.....nice. Made her feel good.

On the other paw, however, she had the capability to stink this up really badly. REALLY badly. However nice the thought was, that required her actually living up to what the rank entailed which she.....wasn't that sure she could do. Ultimately, what decided it for her was Snowybreeze. The only cat left in this clan that she actually cared about, him and his kits. And Honeypaw maybe. If he was going to think of her as a good warrior, a good cat, she needed to try and be that. Needed to live up to those expectations more than she had done so far, even. And if that meant she might have to figure out how to be a fury, then that was what she would do. If only to make sure he was proud to call her a former mentor, and Wolffang up in the stars was proud to call her a sister. And, maybe, to spite Rosebriar and Featherwhisker, wherever they might be now. I'd....I'd be interested. If you'd have me.
@Moonraven

Last edited by gs29513; September 11th, 2024 at 09:44 PM.