by taillow
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 05:57 AM
THUNDERCLAN QUARINTINE KIT...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 05:43 AM

Old September 9th, 2024, 12:29 PM
professional yapper

Bump Policy: 48 hours (24 hours for time sensitive)
My Mood: Dreaming
Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Petrelstorm adjusted her grip on Grousekit's scruff, worriedly looking around the medicine den for either of the two current healers. The one moon old kitten mewed weakly in protest. He had gotten a bit of a sniffle around a quarter moon ago, and neither Petrelstorm or her mate had really thought anything of it, but it had quickly progressed into higher intensity. Now Grousekit, who was already small even for a one-moon-old, was streaming with discharge from both eyes and nose. He hardly did anything but sleep and cry, and though Petrelstorm wasn't a medicine cat, she had a strong suspicion that he was on the beginnings of a fever.

Cardinalsong had tried to assure her it was probably just a run-of-the-mill cold, only worsened by Grousekit's size. They had both agreed he needed some kind of treatment, but Cardinalsong — who was with their other two now — had tried to seem unbothered. Petrelstorm saw right through him of course — they weren't mates for no reason. He often played issues down to soothe the worries of both himself and others.

She moved further into the den and placed Grousekit gently between her front paws before carefully wrapping her tail around the poor thing. She glanced around. "Wolfpaw? Hollowpaw?" she called. She tried very very hard not to sound too impatient — she was old enough to realize that the medicine cats were busy constantly.

@Bean @Neptune.
Old September 9th, 2024, 05:29 PM
I Declare Bankruptcy!!

Bump Policy: Anytime you need!

Brightshadow
{A fluffy calico molly with green eyes.}

She stumbled into the medicine den coughing. Her eyes drifted around the den. She didn't know quite what to do. A bout of coughing caught her off guard. They were dry and wheezy. It left her throat feeling dry. She hoped there was an easy cure for them both. Her eyes trailed back toward Dustlark making sure he was still following. Her paws felt heavy after every step she took.

Dustlark
{A calico tom with intelligent eyes}

He followed in quietly after his sister. his eyes trained on her anxiously. His nose was bleeding. He didn't like the Medicine den. It made him nervous, but Brightshadow had insisted that he would let the medicine cats would look at him. He'd definitely rather be sleeping. He tried to peer past his sister to see what was going on. The only real reason he was here was for her.

@Bean @Neptune.
Old September 10th, 2024, 08:22 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Softdaisy
She/Her

"I don't know what's happening."
Softdaisy fretted, looking down at her daughter. "Not that I've noticed, no... I haven't seen any other symptoms." Was she just a horrible caretaker? No... maybe..? Gaze darting to Mantiskit, Softdaisy crouched to cushion the little kitten's fall. Speaking of kittens...

Hollowpaw himself was so very little, Softdaisy's heart clenched with concern. Where was the cat who looked after him? It made her both angry - that such a heavy burden had been placed on the shoulders of one so young - and sad - for the same reason. "Where is Wolfpaw..?" The Queen blinked, fixing her attention on the Medicine Cat Apprentice. Not that Wolfpaw was any older, or had any more knowledge as far as she knew, but... "Not that I think you incapable. It's just... shouldn't he be helping you? Maybe he is also busy?"

[ @Neptune. - Hollowpaw / @Blossom Cry - Mantiskit ]

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old September 11th, 2024, 10:25 AM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Bravepaw
I won't fall down you need me
+ anypronouns + No purrks

Tired, she was so tired whatever this was felt the need to drain her of any energy she had. It was like a leech that just zapped whatever it wanted and left its host with the crumbs. She let out a body-shuddering breath as she lay there, her chest sure felt heavy. Bravepaw had momentarily closed her eyes taking a moment to right herself in the middle of a dizzy spell. When she opened her eyes back she was face to face with her brother's familiar brown striped pelt. "P-Promise?" she croaked out, her brother was a herb cat now she had faith in him helping her. Surely whatever this is won't be the end of her and she'd continue living her life like there's no tomorrow. She'd grow up to be a big tough warrior and her brother would be the best medicine cat the clans had ever seen, her ill-addled mind was sure of it. "Yo-you'll be the clan's bestest medicine cat a-and I'l be-eee.." whatever she was fixing to say got cut off slowly as she started to space out. Not long after her limbs started to stiffen as she lay there before she blacked out and soon after started to spasm in her brother's hold.

@Neptune.

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw / Applebees

Old September 11th, 2024, 09:59 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Hollowpaw
~<>~
65/200
5 moons || he/him || ThC medicine cat apprentice || Silk Spinner, Dream Walker, HkT1
brown, masked classic tabby w/ low white; titanite eyes

Worry. Such a foreign feeling to him now pooled in his gut at each shaky breath his sister let out. Her belief that he would help her was less of a confidence boost than she probably expected it to be, instead it just piled more pressure onto his shoulders.

"Obviously I'll be the best," he says, "and when I take over the forest, you'll be right by my side." It's a promise. He's going to make her better and then they'll rule the world together. But Bravepaw's words suddenly cut off, her body suddenly rigid. And then she began to convulse. "Brave?!" Hollowpaw shouted, fear creeping into his voice as she wouldn't stop convulsing. What was going on?? How did he stop it?! HOW WAS HE SUPPOSED TO HELP HER???!

"BRAVEPAW?" Panic is rising in his voice now, and there's nothing he can do to keep it out. For the first time in a long time, tears prick at the corners of his eyes and he doesn't know what to do. He can't even put on a brave face. "SOMEBODY HELP!!" His voice cracks with a sob as he screams. He needs somebody, anybody that could save his sister. He doesn't know what to do.

[ @Kix - brave || @vellichor - vi || @babysith - cedar ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old September 11th, 2024, 10:17 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: ✩ 3 days, 1 if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

Hollowpaw's desperate call echoed through the clearing and it took Violetfreckle approximately 0.5 seconds to get from laying down, keeping watch over the clearing, to standing up and bolting toward the medicine den. Her fur was fluffed up in panic, claws unsheathed, convinced she would have to fight off some new predator that managed to somehow sneak in. WHat she found, though was far worse.

It was times like this that Violetfreckle remembered ThunderClan's health was in the paws of, essentially, kits. This realization was less of a result of distrust and moreso of the way Hollowpaw looked. Tears welled in his eyes and the poor kid looked terrified. Of course he'd called for help; the scene before him made Violetfreckle's heart drop. Another young cat who looked to be around Hollowpaw's age was convulsing on the floor of the den.

A flash of panic made its way onto her face before the tabby gritted her teeth and shook her head. She had to be the brave one here. Unfortunately, she had no idea where to start, though. So, she racked her brain. The issue was the convulsing; this cat could hurt herself. She turned to the other cat who had come in. "Help me pin her down, gently!" she hissed the orders before she could truly think through her course of action. Part of her knew this could go horribly wrong and someone could get hurt. But she had no other ideas, and things were getting worse by the moment.

The fluffy she-cat headed toward the seizing patient's top half, trying to use her weight to slowly trap the cat so that she couldn't move. Or, at least, not enough to hurt herself or anyone else. "You, get the back half!" Violetfreckle nodded toward the warrior. "Hollowpaw, take a few deep breaths then help however you can. Herbs, talking, anything. Take a moment." She hoped this would work, and made an effort to ensure she wasn't pressing down on the cat's chest. 'Please, please, please work,' she silently mouthed to herself. StarClan did not need to take any more of their young.

// @babysith @Neptune. @Kix \\

violetfreckle // timberpaw // lark // frigidfang

do you think you have what it takes to join the wildwood pack?

Last edited by vellichor; September 11th, 2024 at 10:20 PM.
Old September 11th, 2024, 10:21 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days, 24hrs for Urgent
My Mood: Mysterious

┏━━━━━•°•°•❈•°•°•━ ━━━━┓
<— Cedarstrike —>
┗━━━━━•°•°•❈•°•°•━ ━━━━┛
She-Cat <‐> 35 Moons <-> Warrior <-> Thunderclan <-> #cdrstrk
[Killer Aptitude 1][Kitty Softpaw 1]

Interacting With: @Neptune. @vellichor @Kix

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ◦ ≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

The she-cat bolted into the medicine den in a hurry at the cries for help, skidding to a halt at the entrance. "IS EVERYONE OKAY?!- Oh... Oh dear." Cedarstike sprung into action and hurriedly ran over to the seizing apprentice's side. "How long has this been going on? Did this just happen?"

Of course, she'd follow Violetfreckle's lead, gingerly holding the young cat in place and watching her mouth and nose for any sort of foaming or other fluids.

You've had to walk a dark and terrible path alone.

Character List and Trackers
Old September 12th, 2024, 03:07 PM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Sunpaw
I'm chasing dreams since I left the womb
+ she/her + The collector [active]

Sunpaw didn't tend to dislike a lot of things in life, she did find it hard to do so in the first place. Yet if she had to choose it would be right now as she moved to lay in an empty nest. The icky feeling along with the bloody nose and everything else was a major letdown. If she prayed to starclan could they just make it go away with a single clap or whatever? She was unsure about starclan despite seeing how her papa and grandma seemed so worship-y about it. Amber eyes shot up to look at the younger apprentice at the sound of their voice, oops they spaced out. " 'kay!" she easily accepted the plant and ate it with no complaints. Sunpaw didn't think much about what else Hollowpaw said but trusted the other on the belief that her having whitecough. If that is what she had then that was it, and not some deadly disease that was out to ruin the clan.

@Neptune.
Header made by Marigold

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw / Applebees

Old September 12th, 2024, 04:35 PM
Remember me

Status: We're shooting for the island in the sky! - Lillith will always be #1
Bump Policy: ✩48 hrs

- Wolfpaw -
- He/Him - 7 Moons - ThunderClan Medicine Cat -
- A large dark brown tabby tom with green eyes and a missing hind leg -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rain Frog View Post

SILVERPAW "SILVS"

AH, POOR BIRD, TAKE THAI FLIGHT

The Mangled Tripod Got Up From The Clearing, With A Few Coughs, He Made His Way Over. He Moved At The Pace That Didn't Hurt His Head Terribly. Slowly. He Saw The Shady Den With Its Sickly Patients Inside. The Shade Covered The Heavily Scarred Tom's Face, As He Spoke. "Wolfpaw, Hollowpaw. I Know Y'all Are - Ack! - Busy, But I May Be Sick. Take Me When You Have Time." The Tabby And White Tom Sat Down Near The Entrance, Hunched Over. He Coughed Midway Through Their Sentence. "I'm Not Going Anywhere." The Tom Felt Like He Might See His Pre-Training Vole Again. All The Tripod Could Think About Was Not Hurling. His Tail Wrapped Around His Paw, His Eye Locked On His Intact Paw. Funny. One Eye, One Paw To Stare At. He Squeezed His Eye Shut As His Headache Increased In Its Painfulness. He Tried Holding In A Few Coughs,Only Making His Head Worse. Damn. This Is NOT The Time. I Just Got To Start My Training Now I'm Back In This Odd-Smelling Den. They Wanted Nothing More Than To Lay In The Apprentice Den, With The Scent Of Training-Tired Apprentices. He Winced As His Head Seemed To Get Ever So Slightly Worse. Just Buy A Furs-Length.

HIGH ABOVE THE SORROWS OF THIS SAD NIGHT

Silverpaw. Wolfpaw wasn't particularly fond of this cat, but alas, his job was to heal everyone. even if he didn't like them. The tabby tripod hobbled his way over, a frown on his face. "Of freaking course. More sick cats," he muttered under his breath. "Well, what feels bad? Dunno how ta help if I don't know whats wrong with ya," the tom deadpanned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiotic.Bean101 View Post

Orangepaw-He/Him
5 Moons

PURRKS
Silver Tongue T1-Inactive

---------------------

Ugh, did that other cat really call him a wet rat!?
Whatever, not important!

Orangepaw made his way to the entrance of the medicine den, headache growing worse with each movement.
He sniffled, trying to get rid of the grossness at his nose before he spoke into the den.
"Wolfpaw, Hollowpaw?" Orangepaw called inside, voice still a bit hoarse "I think I may be a little sick or something."

@Bean - @Neptune.

So. Many. Cats! The den was getting flooded. "Alright," he said, getting up from his spot, green eyes locked on Orangepaw. "What are yer symptoms? I can figure out where to go from there," Wolfpaw asked, hobbling over to the younger cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Ember View Post
Wavekit
Moons:3

(They/them)

Wavekit dragged themselves into the medicine den, their step slow and heavy, their little weight seeming too big for their trembling paws. A queen had insisted that they went to the medicine den becouse they looked like they "had caught something" and that "They should get that checked out before playing with the other kits". That was stupid! They were fine! Sure, their nose felt a little runny, and they felt a little bit tired, and they were eating less than usual... But they were fine! They could handle it! They were going to be a tough warrior, and tough warriors dont let themselves get put out of comission by this sort of things! Besides, this was just time they were wasting out of making new friends and playing in the nursery! This was stupid, oh so stupid...

But its not like they had a choice, the queen wouldnt let them back in until the medicine cats made sure they wouldnt pass on whatever they had to the other kits, so onto the den they went.

"Hollowpaw, Wolfpaw? A queen says im sick, could you do me a quick checkup to show her im fine so I can go play with the others again?" They said, their voice a little bit raspier than a kits should be, tho they didnt notice that. They tried their best to not let out their frustration on the medicine cats, it wasnt their fault that the queen was over reacting. They were both really cool, they would provably understand the situation and let him go with only a checkup, then he could go to play with his friends again!
@Bean @Neptune. :3

A kit this time. Honestly, he wasn't surprised that the queen sent them there to get a check-up, with so many cats getting sick. Wolfpaw put on a smile before heading over to Wavekit. "Well, if you really are sick, I can't send you back," he explained, spotting the kit's runny nose. "I see you have a runny nose... is there anything else that feels icky? Headaches, being tired when you slept?" he inquired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark. View Post
Petrelstorm adjusted her grip on Grousekit's scruff, worriedly looking around the medicine den for either of the two current healers. The one moon old kitten mewed weakly in protest. He had gotten a bit of a sniffle around a quarter moon ago, and neither Petrelstorm or her mate had really thought anything of it, but it had quickly progressed into higher intensity. Now Grousekit, who was already small even for a one-moon-old, was streaming with discharge from both eyes and nose. He hardly did anything but sleep and cry, and though Petrelstorm wasn't a medicine cat, she had a strong suspicion that he was on the beginnings of a fever.

Cardinalsong had tried to assure her it was probably just a run-of-the-mill cold, only worsened by Grousekit's size. They had both agreed he needed some kind of treatment, but Cardinalsong — who was with their other two now — had tried to seem unbothered. Petrelstorm saw right through him of course — they weren't mates for no reason. He often played issues down to soothe the worries of both himself and others.

She moved further into the den and placed Grousekit gently between her front paws before carefully wrapping her tail around the poor thing. She glanced around. "Wolfpaw? Hollowpaw?" she called. She tried very very hard not to sound too impatient — she was old enough to realize that the medicine cats were busy constantly.

@Bean @Neptune.

Wolfpaw was trying to get some rest when Cardinalsong came to the den, escorting Grousekit. "M here," he called out, rolling to his side before shakily getting up. "Whats goin on? Let me guess, one of ya is sick," he asked, saying the last part under his breath as he made his way over to the queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushfalls View Post
Brightshadow
{A fluffy calico molly with green eyes.}

She stumbled into the medicine den coughing. Her eyes drifted around the den. She didn't know quite what to do. A bout of coughing caught her off guard. They were dry and wheezy. It left her throat feeling dry. She hoped there was an easy cure for them both. Her eyes trailed back toward Dustlark making sure he was still following. Her paws felt heavy after every step she took.

Dustlark
{A calico tom with intelligent eyes}

He followed in quietly after his sister. his eyes trained on her anxiously. His nose was bleeding. He didn't like the Medicine den. It made him nervous, but Brightshadow had insisted that he would let the medicine cats would look at him. He'd definitely rather be sleeping. He tried to peer past his sister to see what was going on. The only real reason he was here was for her.

@Bean @Neptune.

The first sign that this cat was sick was the coughing. Wolfpaw turned his head to see Brightshadow coughing her head off, Dustlark by her side. "Ya alright? 'cmere and I'll see what i can do. Dusklark, yer nose is bleedin," he stated, turning to face the two cats. "Brightshadow, yer coughin a lot but I needa know, is there anything else wrong? Dusklark, same goes for ya," he asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Softdaisy
She/Her

"I don't know what's happening."
Softdaisy fretted, looking down at her daughter. "Not that I've noticed, no... I haven't seen any other symptoms." Was she just a horrible caretaker? No... maybe..? Gaze darting to Mantiskit, Softdaisy crouched to cushion the little kitten's fall. Speaking of kittens...

Hollowpaw himself was so very little, Softdaisy's heart clenched with concern. Where was the cat who looked after him? It made her both angry - that such a heavy burden had been placed on the shoulders of one so young - and sad - for the same reason. "Where is Wolfpaw..?" The Queen blinked, fixing her attention on the Medicine Cat Apprentice. Not that Wolfpaw was any older, or had any more knowledge as far as she knew, but... "Not that I think you incapable. It's just... shouldn't he be helping you? Maybe he is also busy?"

[ @Neptune. - Hollowpaw / @Blossom Cry - Mantiskit ]

After taking his well-needed break, Wolfpaw returned to the medicine den to find Softdaisy and Mantiskit, Hollowpaw treatin them. Great, more sick cats. The tom frowned as he made his way over, glancing at mantiskit. "m here. Could ya fill me in?" he asked, glancing to hollow, even though the question was directed at all three of the cats.

[ @/Neptune. @Blossom Cry @/Rose ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Hollowpaw
~<>~
65/200
5 moons || he/him || ThC medicine cat apprentice || Silk Spinner, Dream Walker, HkT1
brown, masked classic tabby w/ low white; titanite eyes

Worry. Such a foreign feeling to him now pooled in his gut at each shaky breath his sister let out. Her belief that he would help her was less of a confidence boost than she probably expected it to be, instead it just piled more pressure onto his shoulders.

"Obviously I'll be the best," he says, "and when I take over the forest, you'll be right by my side." It's a promise. He's going to make her better and then they'll rule the world together. But Bravepaw's words suddenly cut off, her body suddenly rigid. And then she began to convulse. "Brave?!" Hollowpaw shouted, fear creeping into his voice as she wouldn't stop convulsing. What was going on?? How did he stop it?! HOW WAS HE SUPPOSED TO HELP HER???!

"BRAVEPAW?" Panic is rising in his voice now, and there's nothing he can do to keep it out. For the first time in a long time, tears prick at the corners of his eyes and he doesn't know what to do. He can't even put on a brave face. "SOMEBODY HELP!!" His voice cracks with a sob as he screams. He needs somebody, anybody that could save his sister. He doesn't know what to do.

[ @Kix - brave || @vellichor - vi || @babysith - cedar ]

WHAT???? Wolfpaw quickly trailed behind Violetfreckle and Cedarstrike into the Medicine den upon hearing the younger medic's distressed call. No.

No no no no no. Wolfpaw pinned his ears to his skull, hobbling up as he watched the scene unfold. He felt useless. He listened as Violetfreckle instructed hollow n cedar to pin Brave down, and Wolfpaw figured that the best course of action was to listen to the adult. The tom moved near Cedarstrike, gently holding his front paws on the younger cat. Even if he was unsteady now, this was Hollow's sister for stars sake! "W-Whats h-happenin t-t-to her?" Wolfpaw managed to ask, his voice shaking. Even if it wasn't hollows sister, it was still a young cat. He didn't know what to do.

[ @/Neptune. @vellichor @babysith ]

❝ Fight, little wolf, fight ❞
Wolfpaw is ThunderClan's Current Medicine Cat. He has a Semi-closed den policy
Send in a Healing Request ~ Medicine Den ~ Wolfpaw's Herbal Knowledge

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
fenrir stares at rose with a spray bottle of water in hand
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Old September 12th, 2024, 04:51 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Orangepaw-He/Him
5 Moons(as of rp)

PURRKS
Silver Tongue T1-Inactive

-------------------------

Ah, there's one of them.
"Well, my throat hurts, I have a runny nose, and my head hurts as well." Orangepaw replied, sniffling again.

He was starting to feel oddly cold and hot at the same time, but who knows what that means.
He ignored the sudden shiver he felt.

@Bean

ART SHOP!

Caveclaw is a Lionheart of Riverclan, mention me if she is needed!

art by @/snowflake.