Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
WindClan Galewood
by Ian
Last post by Tallstar
Today 08:15 AM
✩Art Contest!!!✩
Last post by burntToast
Today 08:09 AM
September Gathering
Last post by Rowan
Today 08:07 AM
A kits hidden home....
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 08:05 AM
Cal's clearing of safety...
by Red'fur
Last post by Aphrodite
Today 07:59 AM

Old September 4th, 2024, 06:15 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Cry View Post
Mantiskit whimpered as Softdaisy brought her in. "Hollowpaw, Wolfpaw!" She said, trying to speak clearly. It was hard, her throat burned and it felt scratchy. "I-i can't walk, and this weird red stuff is coming out my nose." Woah! There were so many cats in here. It looked like something was going around in the camp. @Bean @Neptune. @Rose
Softdaisy
She/Her

Softdaisy had never been so worried in her life. Okay, that was probably a lie, considering recently there were a lot of things to worry over, but right now she felt like it!! "Wolfpaw, Hollowpaw? Mantiskit... well, yeah, she's been sneezing blood." Softdaisy blurted worriedly as she gently lowered her daughter to the ground and attempted to groom her all over. Motherly instinct. She wanted to fix the problem!

I know life and fate are scary, but I wanna be legendary.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Bravepaw
I won't fall down you need me
+ anypronouns + No purrks

"Feel..icky" she whined feeling a shiver run through her body, she should have stayed in her nest. Just getting up to seek aid had her energy getting zapped up quickly. A cough racked through her frame as she dragged herself to the nearest nest. "Don't like it, make it go away" she whined again, choosing to lie down in the nest, even though she recalled her brother saying to sit. Bravepaw let out a small whine when she felt her brother's nose on her cheek, moving even an inch felt tiring. Thought that hadn't lasted long since she felt her sibling's presence vanish for a moment leaving her to her own devices. She had quickly forgotten that Hol had run off further into the den and she forced open her eyes to be surprised to see him standing there with a plant. Elderflower? Why was there a plant named after the old grumpy cats in the clan, that didn't sound fair to her. Bravepaw hesitated for a moment to eat the provided herb, the last time she tried to eat something it came back up with a vengeance. No way did she feel up to throwing up again, not only was it a gross feeling but it also hurt her throat. Cringing at the plant she tentatively slowly, clear that she wasn't too happy trying to shove food or plants into her upset tummy.

@Neptune.

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Who? me? Nah

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Sunpaw
I'm chasing dreams since I left the womb
+ she/her + The collector [active]

Sunpaw didn't know or understand what was going on in the first place, it was also tiring. She normally was on top of keeping herself in good health, it wouldn't do her well if she were down for the count. No way did she get sick from that storm, she had dried off as soon as she got into the elders den. Did she? She couldn't exactly recall that well if she had indeed dried off, her head felt all muddled. Sluggishly she rubbed her head and then dragged her paw down her face, smearing the bloody discharge that she hadn't even realized was coming out of her nose. If the pounding head and the feeling of being hot was what a fever was like, she surely didn't like it at all. The ginger paw hadn't wanted to even get up out of the nest she had been lying in, it felt all too comfortable at the moment with what energy she even had. Yet here she was pressed against the entrance wall of the den, trying to look for two certain cats. "Hello? Uhhhh...Wolfpaw? Hollowpaw?" she barely remembered their names, it'd probably do her good if she remembered the clan's medicine cat's names. "Think's 'omethings wrong 'ith me" she mumbled with a slow blink, oh look she was tired again.

@Bean @Neptune.

Header made by Marigold

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluest+r~ View Post
Flowernose yawned and slowly padded to the medicine den. She poked her head inside and meowed cheerfully, "Hey, you two!" She walked in and cleared her throat. "Um, so, I feel like there's something kicking my stomach.. I'm also having little head and stomachaches." Flowernose added slowly, looking between the two medicine cat apprentices. Flowernose glanced back at her mate and son before turning back to them.

@BEAR.
@Neptune.
@Bean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Hollowpaw
~<>~
48/200
5 moons || he/him || ThC medicine cat apprentice || Silk Spinner, Dream Walker, HkT1
brown, masked classic tabby w/ low white; titanite eyes

When Flowernose entered the den and prattled off her weird symptoms, Hollowpaw could only blink at her. He had no clue what that meant even a little bit.

"Maybe you've just eaten bad prey recently," Hollowpaw says flatly. Granted... she could actually be sick, and if that's the case, then... well... he should probably go find someone who might know what's up. The only one who fits that bill, and the one who's been dragged into probably more medicine cat crap than strictly necessary would be Wolfhive. So. Yelling for the hornet once again it is!

"WOLFHIVE!" Brown tabby yells after crossing to poke his head out of the den's entrance. "GET IN HERE BUT, LIKE, DON'T RUSH? NOT URGENT. Probably," the last bit he mutters under his breath, sitting down again to wait for the hornet's arrival.

[ @BEAR. || @Bean ]

Alright... just... feed it to her?? How much? And also, how? The apprentice was still out cold. Well............... there wasn't much he could do with her asleep, so Hollowpaw decides to just... wake her up. How effective will this be? Great question, but there's only one way to find out, so, crouching down right next to Alpinepaw's ear, Hollowpaw draws in a deep breath and shouts.

"WAKE UP!" Effective? Potentially. Probably going to get his ears slashed off? Most definitely.
[ @Bean ]

Wolfhive peeked in the den at Hollowpaw's nose and scrunched his nose. He didn't need a medicine cat to know the reek of pregnancy - though it was something easily overlooked if one was not paying attention. "Not urgent. She's pregnant. You smell that on her?" It was subtle beneath her normal scent, but taking more than half a second to look would reveal it. "All queens get that when the kits... are forming. I dunno too much about that stuff, you might have better luck with Drizzlecloud since she's also gonna pop."

Then he looked at Flowernose. "You have a kid already. You could've just diagnosed yourself - you've been there, done that before."

wolfhivesedgeflaketc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:

Hollowpaw
~<>~
28/200
4 moons || he/him || ThC medicine cat apprentice || Silk Spinner, Dream Walker, HkT1

"I thought amputation was mainly for crushed legs," Hollowpaw murmurs... why was there so much talk of amputation lately?? Still, if the leg was broken (which, it didn't look sprained like Thornkit's leg did, and it was a lot more swollen... all puffed up and stuff, so it was probably broken. Probably.) it seemed Orangeblossom only had the information needed to deal with the after care of realigning it. How to do that... it seemed no one here knew.

Well, Hollowpaw wasn't a squeamish cat, he wouldn't do well in this position if he was, so he approaches the kit and sniffs around her damaged leg, saying quietly as he does to her "no, you can eat the mouse, you'll probably need your strength and I can just go make one of the warriors get me another one. I'm gonna poke at your leg now." Using his forepaws, Hollow feels around Seakit's injured leg... it definitely feels weird, but it's hard to tell through the swelling. There doesn't seem to be a clean point where the bone had snapped, though, so Hollowpaw can only guess that it was partially fractured. If that was even a thing, he had no idea - could a bone be only partially broken????

"I think it's broken?" He says, head tilted to the side. "Wolfpaw... might need a second opinion. But, if it is broken, we should prepare what we need for after fixin' it. Y'said comfrey leaves for binding?" He already knew that, but repeating it anyway makes sense in the moment so whatever. Hollow glances to Orangeblossom, filing the information the warrior shared away in his brain - and what Wolfhive had said too. Elder leaves and comfrey leaves could be used for binding broken bones... juniper berries for treating shock. Comfrey are tall and droopy purple flowers, elder are bushes with lots of white flowers, but the leaves are toxic so don't eat them (good to know...), and juniper - well, Wolfhive didn't explain what that one looked like. "Don't think we have comfrey or elder leaves, but we've got sticks if we have to keep her leg straight with somethin'. I'll get a couple." That said, he goes and grabs a couple of the sticks (they're gonna need more sticks... Hollowpaw adds that to the growing list of things to send patrols out for) in storage and brings them back over, waiting to hear Wolfpaw's verdict or the verdict of the others.

[ @/Bean - little wolf || @/BEAR. - big wolf || @/Oliver - orange || @/Blossom Cry - sea ]

That was about what Hollowpaw had expected to hear, but it was still a little odd. Bumblestar not putting much stock in StarClan's wishes was... somewhat jarring. He'd thought most cats believed whole heartedly in their ancestor's brilliance... that's what his mother told him, anyway. But this new perspective was... interesting. Refreshing to hear. It made him think about his own thoughts, and it made curious why Bumblestar had choses to listen to them now if she normally didn't much care for what they had to say.

"Okay," he nods, and that's that. There's nothing more to really say, he has no urgent questions, and if something comes up, then he'll just invade her den. No big deal.

[ @/dino. - bumble ]

A coyote attack? Literally what in the world even was a coyote. It sounded like a predator from what Mudhound described - the deaths and blood on him and all that - but, like... that still wasn't saying much. Anyway, Alpinepaw.

"Put her down on a nest," Hollowpaw says, noting the herb the hornet described. Burnet... soft green leaves with ridged edges like blackberry leaves (yeah, because he totally knew what those looked like too, sure, why not, let's just assume the child who was in the nursery less than a moon ago knows what these things look like. Okay. Yeah. Maybe Wolfpaw knew...), but a lighter green and with puffy dark pink flowers... used for giving strength.

That in mind, Hollowpaw goes back to the storage to look but comes up empty. No burnet. Drats. Anyway...

"We don't have burnet, but if you wanna get a small patrol to get some that's fine by me. Wolfpaw 'n I should be okay for the moment." Well, they'd probably be okay. He couldn't promise anything.

[ @/Rani - muddy || @/Bean - little wolf || @Highsnow of Matterhorn - alpine ]

So, he was finally shown when amputation was necessary. All the times Wolfhive brought it up in the past (of which there were only two, but that still felt like a lot), Hollowpaw realized he'd been being a little dramatic. Maybe it would eventually come to that for some if things went wrong, but for Redhawk... the hornet was already there.

It wasn't a pretty task, but Hollowpaw watched anyway. Poppy seeds and juniper berries (that he now knew the appearance of) for pain and for shock... tie off the limb that needs amputating to slow the blood flow and prevent the cat from bleeding out (after re-breaking the bone if it was necessary)...and then you do the gruesome work of chewing through flesh and muscle and bone. Once again, Hollowpaw is relieved that he isn't very squeamish. Use cobwebs and moss to staunch the bleeding... and a marigold (that golden flower with the frilly petals) paste for staving off infection. Keep an eye on the wound. Replace the marigold in a day or two.

"We'll keep an eye on her," Hollowpaw says, gaze a little dark and glancing to the discarded leg. He's not squeamish, no, but still, seeing a disembodied leg for the first time might make anyone a little sick.

[ @/BEAR. - big wolf || @taillow - red || @/Bean - little wolf ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post

- Wolfpaw -
- He/Him - 6 Moons - ThunderClan Medicine Cat -
- A large dark brown tabby tom with green eyes and a missing hind leg -

[ Seakit Healing ]
Wolfpaw watched as the hornet gave Seakit some poppy seeds. They clearly had a lot, so that was good, considering all the injuries they've been getting lately. The tripod medic tensed up at the mention of amputation. "No. If there is even the slightest chance we can save her leg, I'm going to try. I don't want her to experience the pain and changes when she has a chance to avoid it," he snarled. The tabby medic glanced over to Orangeblossom once they spoke up. Stars, how did so many other WARRIORS know more then him? At least it was helpful knowledge for later. "I dunno much about broken bones, since my leg was crushed. If any of you guys know how to identify a broken bone, be my guest," he said, glancing at the other cats. "If it is broken, then we should probably go fetch those herbs you told us about, Orangeblossom," he said, glancing at the orange warrior.

[ @BEAR. @Neptune. @Blossom Cry @Oliver ]
[Doing seprate posts for all healing so its easier for bean]
"It depends. If the option is treat it, but you have no clue what you're doing 'n you don't do it right, it'll just heal wrong and it can cause the cat chronic pain at best. Might also cause an infection, make it so they can't bend the leg..." Wolfhive sighed at Wolfpaw's outburst. "I know you're very passionate about keeping a leg, but I want it to remain an option because if this isn't done right, it'll hurt her a lot more than just removing the leg now. Remember Redhawk? They didn't treat her wound right - they let it fester and wither, and we had to rebreak the bone and amputate it anyway. That's what I want to avoid."

It didn't seem like anyone really knew what to do at this stage. Once Hollowpaw was done feeling up what he could of her leg, Wolfhive checked it - comparing it with his own leg to see if he could find anything obviously wrong. The swelling definitely made it difficult... "Hard to feel any issues with the bone, with it being swollen up. Must not be too bad a break then, so other than binding it we might not need to do anything." That, or they were about to make a colossal mistake and Seakit would need an amputation and a rebreak later on. "I'll grab some comfrey 'n elder, leave you guys to figure out what you wanna do."

OWOWOWWO MUSIC PLAYS

Wolfhive returned with what was probably the plants in question - tall, droopy purple flowers, and the broad leaves from a white-flower plant. [ 3 comfrey, 2 elder ] Since they'd likely use them immediately, he dropped them off beside Seakit.

[ @Dolomedes, @Blossom Cry ]

wolfhivesedgeflaketc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
x Aphrodite

Bump Policy: Anytime unless I am on hiatus.
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
[ @Bean ]

Wolfhive peeked in the den at Hollowpaw's nose and scrunched his nose. He didn't need a medicine cat to know the reek of pregnancy - though it was something easily overlooked if one was not paying attention. "Not urgent. She's pregnant. You smell that on her?" It was subtle beneath her normal scent, but taking more than half a second to look would reveal it. "All queens get that when the kits... are forming. I dunno too much about that stuff, you might have better luck with Drizzlecloud since she's also gonna pop."

Then he looked at Flowernose. "You have a kid already. You could've just diagnosed yourself - you've been there, done that before."
Flowernose frowned. "You're right, Wolfhive. But it's been a while." She shrugged. "Must've forgotten a bit." She muttered. "Thanks, Wolfhive, Hollowpaw." Flowernose dipped her head and stood up to leave.

[ @Neptune. ]

Beachclan Patrols ~ Beachclan Healing ~ Beachclan Main RP ~ Beachclan Sign Ups
Choose a cat! ~ Blue's Shop! ~ Scythes

vm me to enter my lair. it has infinite movies and wifi! snacks will be given. sometimes..

@/Eucalyptuspaw came for the movies and snacks!! @%snowflake. enters, carrying a whole buncha snowballs
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Hollowpaw
~<>~
57/200
5 moons || he/him || ThC medicine cat apprentice || Silk Spinner, Dream Walker, HkT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroogi View Post

°•○♡ FAWNPAW ♡○•°
She/Her • Apprentice • 5M • ThC
A solid brown she-cat with a cream muzzle

---

Fawnpaw stumbled into the medicine cats den, nose dripping with mucus and head radiating heat. Slumping down onto the floor, she would groan. "Hollowpaw? Wolfpaw? I.. I don't feel good at all..."

She didn't like this one bit. She had only had a tummy ache before and this was a whole new level. She felt so sick. She didn't want to move from a comfy nest and this was very unlike her. Normally the prospect of training would excite her, but right now it made her feel nauseated. Hopefully, the two healers could assist her.

[ @Neptune. ]

In confirmation of her complaints that she didn't feel well, Fawnpaw certainly didn't look that great either. Hollowpaw twitched his ear as she entered the den, eyes shifting quickly to the sick kittens and back again to Fawnpaw.

"Sit down," he instructs, and wanders to an empty nest. "What, exactly, are your symptoms?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Halfpaw had finally took the decision. It was frustrating, but he couldn't keep training in these conditions. And they kept becoming worse!
"Uhm... Hollowpaw? Wolfpaw? I think... I may have gotten a bit of whitecough." he said, after coughing a few times with a rough voice. He felt hot everywhere, he now noticed. Mhh... and so sleepy, too...
He definitely looked forward for a warm nest, for all the cold he felt and how much he had starter to tremble since the last training session. "Uhm... I feel.. very much cold."
@Neptune.

Whitecough was something Hollowpaw knew the cure for (catmint or elder flower for fever, but catmint was better. He didn't have catmint, though), so this should be a cut and dry case. Without wasting energy asking more questions, he pads to his herb stores and collects a couple elder flowers to bring back for the two-toned apprentice to eat.

"That's elder flower," he says, "it'll bring down your fever if you do have whitecough. Beyond that, just stay here in those nests in the corner near the two kits so I can keep an eye on your condition. Catmint would be better, but I don't have any right now, so you'll have to make do with the elder."

[ -2 elder flower ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeSilver_Hwaa View Post

Cinderkit coughed. Her body shaking as her fever slowly started to spike. The kit got uncomfortable and shifted around. Gosh! Being this hot was so annoying..... couldn't she cool down?

Cottonpaw gave a small snort, licking up the poppy seeds.

Nightwhisper poked his head into the den. "Hollowpaw, do you need anything? Herbs, water for the cats. Anything?"

"Maybe some water logged moss for Cinderkit," Hollowpaw tells Nightwhisper, "her fever won't break so I wanna keep her cooled down 's best I can. Beyond that... I could use some catmint? It'll be a better cure for her 'n Skykit's whitecough."

[ @Phoenix ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Lightningpaw walked into the medicine den on her own but barely accomplished this. She didn't want to ask help from anyone as she didn't really want to explain her failures to anyone. Unfortunately she was going to need some help for her wounds as they weren't doing well, she mostly stopped the bleeding with a mix of cobwebs and moss but her paws must have not been good enough for the task. Fear and bloodloss also didn't aid her in this. So she flopped down on the closest nest before looking to the other cats. It was hard to make them out. "One of you help me. Before I die young and pretty. I want to die old and pretty." She said weakly with the same snark she always had. If it was lacking it would mean she was truly afraid she would die.

With a twitch of his brow as Lightningpaw wanders into the den, flapping her mouth about some nonsense Hollowpaw doesn't care one bit about, he eyes over her condition. Honestly, she hadn't done an atrocious job patching herself up for the most part, but just cobweb and moss wouldn't cut it for wounds like that.

"Get to a nest if you can - or stay in the middle of the floor, but if some cat trips over you that's your own fault," he tells her as he moves to his herb stores to get a few things he'll need. Bundle acquired, he finds his way back and, without preamble, sets to work, starting by removing some of the cobweb and moss as he chews a couple marigold into a poultice to then coat the wounds and covering them with fresh cobweb. Next, he pushes some poppy seeds and a single juniper berry toward the apprentice. "Poppy for pain, juniper for strength or any shock you might be in still. Now your next step is to keep those wounds clean. Don't move around and upset your dressings and reopen them or else I'm not fixing you up again."

[ -3 cobweb, -2 marigold, -2 poppy seed, -1 juniper berry ]
[ so long as lightning rests up and keeps her wounds clean, she should be fine within the next week or two !! as hollowpaw doesnt know what it means to be hypovolemic, he has not offered her any fluids and will not unless requested ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Cry View Post
Mantiskit whimpered as Softdaisy brought her in. "Hollowpaw, Wolfpaw!" She said, trying to speak clearly. It was hard, her throat burned and it felt scratchy. "I-i can't walk, and this weird red stuff is coming out my nose." Woah! There were so many cats in here. It looked like something was going around in the camp. @Bean @Neptune. @Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Softdaisy
She/Her

Softdaisy had never been so worried in her life. Okay, that was probably a lie, considering recently there were a lot of things to worry over, but right now she felt like it!! "Wolfpaw, Hollowpaw? Mantiskit... well, yeah, she's been sneezing blood." Softdaisy blurted worriedly as she gently lowered her daughter to the ground and attempted to groom her all over. Motherly instinct. She wanted to fix the problem!

"Sneezing blood?" Hollowpaw echos, a little alarmed. With the rising sickness in camp, he had yet to see sneezing blood. "Has she had any other symptoms?" He asks, running the other cat's symptoms in his mind... lethargy... fever... mucus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kix View Post

Bravepaw
I won't fall down you need me
+ anypronouns + No purrks

"Feel..icky" she whined feeling a shiver run through her body, she should have stayed in her nest. Just getting up to seek aid had her energy getting zapped up quickly. A cough racked through her frame as she dragged herself to the nearest nest. "Don't like it, make it go away" she whined again, choosing to lie down in the nest, even though she recalled her brother saying to sit. Bravepaw let out a small whine when she felt her brother's nose on her cheek, moving even an inch felt tiring. Thought that hadn't lasted long since she felt her sibling's presence vanish for a moment leaving her to her own devices. She had quickly forgotten that Hol had run off further into the den and she forced open her eyes to be surprised to see him standing there with a plant. Elderflower? Why was there a plant named after the old grumpy cats in the clan, that didn't sound fair to her. Bravepaw hesitated for a moment to eat the provided herb, the last time she tried to eat something it came back up with a vengeance. No way did she feel up to throwing up again, not only was it a gross feeling but it also hurt her throat. Cringing at the plant she tentatively slowly, clear that she wasn't too happy trying to shove food or plants into her upset tummy.

@Neptune.

"You're gonna be okay, Braves," Hollowpaw assures her, trying to believe it. He needs catmint, damn it! It would be Bravepaw that got sick when he didn't have the most effective herb for whitecough, wouldn't it? Still, beyond what he's already done, there isn't a whole lot Hollowpaw can actually do at the moment. It's just a waiting game. He has other patients, but he can't leave her right now, not when she needs him... where is their mother? Where did Hounddash go? He can't worry about that, right now, not when he's needed. Gingerly, the brown tabby curls up next to his sister, her dark pelt melding with his lighter one, and he drapes his tail across her body, feeling it shake with weakness.

There's a tightness in his chest as he lays with her, a fear he isn't used to feeling. "You're going to be all better soon, I promise," he whispers, partly to his sister, mostly to himself. "I'm gonna make you all better, Braves, I swear it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kix View Post

Sunpaw
I'm chasing dreams since I left the womb
+ she/her + The collector [active]

Sunpaw didn't know or understand what was going on in the first place, it was also tiring. She normally was on top of keeping herself in good health, it wouldn't do her well if she were down for the count. No way did she get sick from that storm, she had dried off as soon as she got into the elders den. Did she? She couldn't exactly recall that well if she had indeed dried off, her head felt all muddled. Sluggishly she rubbed her head and then dragged her paw down her face, smearing the bloody discharge that she hadn't even realized was coming out of her nose. If the pounding head and the feeling of being hot was what a fever was like, she surely didn't like it at all. The ginger paw hadn't wanted to even get up out of the nest she had been lying in, it felt all too comfortable at the moment with what energy she even had. Yet here she was pressed against the entrance wall of the den, trying to look for two certain cats. "Hello? Uhhhh...Wolfpaw? Hollowpaw?" she barely remembered their names, it'd probably do her good if she remembered the clan's medicine cat's names. "Think's 'omethings wrong 'ith me" she mumbled with a slow blink, oh look she was tired again.

@Bean @Neptune.

Header made by Marigold

Padding quietly over to Sunpaw when he was called for, Hollowpaw can only frown. Another one? ThunderClan was dropping like flies from this outbreak. Funny how it mostly seemed to be targeting apprentices and kits so far, though... weaker immune systems probably. But, in that case, how was he okay still? He'd been in very close contact with this illness.

"Lay down, I'll get something for the fever," he says automatically and returns to her with elder flower. "Eat those. Can't do anythin' else until I have a better whitecough cure."

[ -2 elder flower ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Last edited by Neptune.; Yesterday at 09:43 PM.
Old Today, 05:34 AM
Camo x

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:

Hollowpaw
~<>~
57/200

In confirmation of her complaints that she didn't feel well, Fawnpaw certainly didn't look that great either. Hollowpaw twitched his ear as she entered the den, eyes shifting quickly to the sick kittens and back again to Fawnpaw.

"Sit down," he instructs, and wanders to an empty nest. "What, exactly, are your symptoms?"

Whitecough was something Hollowpaw knew the cure for (catmint or elder flower for fever, but catmint was better. He didn't have catmint, though), so this should be a cut and dry case. Without wasting energy asking more questions, he pads to his herb stores and collects a couple elder flowers to bring back for the two-toned apprentice to eat.

"That's elder flower," he says, "it'll bring down your fever if you do have whitecough. Beyond that, just stay here in those nests in the corner near the two kits so I can keep an eye on your condition. Catmint would be better, but I don't have any right now, so you'll have to make do with the elder."

[ -2 elder flower ]

"Maybe some water logged moss for Cinderkit," Hollowpaw tells Nightwhisper, "her fever won't break so I wanna keep her cooled down 's best I can. Beyond that... I could use some catmint? It'll be a better cure for her 'n Skykit's whitecough."

[ @Phoenix ]

With a twitch of his brow as Lightningpaw wanders into the den, flapping her mouth about some nonsense Hollowpaw doesn't care one bit about, he eyes over her condition. Honestly, she hadn't done an atrocious job patching herself up for the most part, but just cobweb and moss wouldn't cut it for wounds like that.

"Get to a nest if you can - or stay in the middle of the floor, but if some cat trips over you that's your own fault," he tells her as he moves to his herb stores to get a few things he'll need. Bundle acquired, he finds his way back and, without preamble, sets to work, starting by removing some of the cobweb and moss as he chews a couple marigold into a poultice to then coat the wounds and covering them with fresh cobweb. Next, he pushes some poppy seeds and a single juniper berry toward the apprentice. "Poppy for pain, juniper for strength or any shock you might be in still. Now your next step is to keep those wounds clean. Don't move around and upset your dressings and reopen them or else I'm not fixing you up again."

[ -3 cobweb, -2 marigold, -2 poppy seed, -1 juniper berry ]
[ so long as lightning rests up and keeps her wounds clean, she should be fine within the next week or two !! as hollowpaw doesnt know what it means to be hypovolemic, he has not offered her any fluids and will not unless requested ]

"Sneezing blood?" Hollowpaw echos, a little alarmed. With the rising sickness in camp, he had yet to see sneezing blood. "Has she had any other symptoms?" He asks, running the other cat's symptoms in his mind... lethargy... fever... mucus...

"You're gonna be okay, Braves," Hollowpaw assures her, trying to believe it. He needs catmint, damn it! It would be Bravepaw that got sick when he didn't have the most effective herb for whitecough, wouldn't it? Still, beyond what he's already done, there isn't a whole lot Hollowpaw can actually do at the moment. It's just a waiting game. He has other patients, but he can't leave her right now, not when she needs him... where is their mother? Where did Hounddash go? He can't worry about that, right now, not when he's needed. Gingerly, the brown tabby curls up next to his sister, her dark pelt melding with his lighter one, and he drapes his tail across her body, feeling it shake with weakness.

There's a tightness in his chest as he lays with her, a fear he isn't used to feeling. "You're going to be all better soon, I promise," he whispers, partly to his sister, mostly to himself. "I'm gonna make you all better, Braves, I swear it."

Padding quietly over to Sunpaw when he was called for, Hollowpaw can only frown. Another one? ThunderClan was dropping like flies from this outbreak. Funny how it mostly seemed to be targeting apprentices and kits so far, though... weaker immune systems probably. But, in that case, how was he okay still? He'd been in very close contact with this illness.

"Lay down, I'll get something for the fever," he says automatically and returns to her with elder flower. "Eat those. Can't do anythin' else until I have a better whitecough cure."

[ -2 elder flower ]
Nightwhisper nodded, his ears flicking in worry as he heard about his daughter fever not going down. He sniffed Cinderkit and Skykit, his eyes filled with sadness as Cinderkit coughed once more, it sounded raspy and gross. Phlem foaming at her mouth once again. "Alright.... wet moss and catmint. I'll be right back." Nightwhisper meowed, he'd raced away for a few moments, coming back shortly with a piece of soaked moss, not to big to take up space but big enough to let the little kit have a good drink. Once he'd given the moss to the medicine cat apprentice, he nodded his farewell and raced off to go get catmint

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here"
Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3