Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Ameythistmoon
Today 12:04 PM
✩Art Contest!!!✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:46 AM
Star's Kitty Hearts
Last post by Lil'Ember
Today 11:38 AM
September Gathering
Last post by taillow
Today 11:31 AM
Riftpaw and Beaverpaw's...
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 11:31 AM

Old September 1st, 2024, 08:17 PM
Gimme bagels! NOW

Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Thirsty
Default Re: Bouncing out of the blue{Training thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post

[Bouncepaw]
Apprentice|7 moons|Windclan

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

[Bouncepaw rolls a 20]

"I smell mice," Bouncepaw meows, his tone much more confident than last time. "More than one, a family, over in the thicket, and a thrush and sparrow under the hawthorn trees." He points using his tail towards the direction of the animals.

"And..." Bouncepaw frowns, trying to make out the exact location. The smell is faint, so faint it might as well not be there, but he can hear tiny rustles from a distance, "A rabbit, maybe? But I don't think it's nearby."

It'll be smarter to head for the mice, Bouncepaw decides. And this time he'll show his mentor that he could hunt well.

Bluestrike flicked his tail in surprise. Good! I see you practiced. He smiled, nosing his way towards the mice smell. Now, you must catch them.
Old September 1st, 2024, 10:00 PM

Bump Policy: Every 24 hrs, unless my mood is set to Busy.

[Bouncepaw]

(If he rolls badly... lmao.)

"Here goes." Bouncepaw mutters, flexing his claws and getting ready.

[Bouncepaw rolls a 5]

(Oops the dice hate him, don't they, lmao.)

Bouncepaw crouches low to the ground and tucks his tail in. He slowly ventures nearer the thicket. He's actually a tad too slow; Bouncepaw is very nervous on this hunt, especially after what happened on the first one, but hey, maybe he'll have better luck this time. The details need work, but there's no big problems with his form.

But just as he readies his body for the jump and pounce, the wind changes. It blows Bouncepaw's scent towards the mice, sending them scurrying away in all directions. He desperately jumps onto the mice, claws wildly flaying, but his claws only slip by their tails.

He isn't willing to give up. Bouncepaw chases the mice, which are incidentally heading into a corner. Yes, he can do this! He's just about to catch it.

[Bouncepaw rolls a 4]

There is a saying: even a cornered mouse can bite. The mouse growls and its fur stands on end, in deep fear. So this is how mice act when they are about to be caught. Bouncepaw reaches forward, about to bite it with his jaws. Finally, he would have caught something during his hunting training!

Everything's going according to plan, until the mouse hisses and bites Bouncepaw on the nose. Bouncepaw shrieks, more from shock than from the pain, and the mouse takes his opportunity to run off into the thicket and escape. Bouncepaw holds onto his nose. Now that the initial shock and panic was fading, he only felt frustrated. Was he bleeding? He checks his paws and sees some red. No way. This couldn't be happening. Was he really going to be known in camp as the apprentice who got hurt by a mouse? This was a disaster.

Last edited by Badwolf; September 1st, 2024 at 11:13 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Gimme bagels! NOW

Bluestrike let out a long sigh, pulling his apprentice back lightly by the scruff. He cornered the mouse and slipped out his claws.

[Bluestrike rolls a 14] (How come he's so lucky? lol)

He killed the mouse in one killing blow before turning back to Bouncepaw. Bluestrike stood in shock for a second, not beliving what had just happened. D-did the mouse just b-bite you? He stuttered, then shook his head. That was an obvious answer. Never mind that. Are you okay? He started licking the blood off of his apprentice's nose as if he were a kit.
@Badwolf
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

[Bouncepaw]

Bouncepaw purses his lip, glaring at the now dead mouse. He's too scared to sniff; all he can smell is his own blood, and his nose stings as it touches the cold air. His mentor's licking doesn't make stuff much better, for both his injury, and his ruined pride.

"I...I'm fine." He winces, trying to hold back a whimper from the stinging. It just had to be his sensitive nose of all places. He isn't actually fine, he's just trying to avoid going to the medicine den. As much as the bite hurts, it would hurt him even more to be remembered as the apprentice who got bit by a mouse on their hunting session. Even if his nose got infected and fell off, that would be less embarrassing.

"Okay, I'm not fine." Bouncepaw meows, irritated. Not at his mentor, but more at himself. "Stupid mice, stupid prey- ouch!"

One thing's for sure, this will have to be the end of their hunting lesson... for now.

Tags: @Crown_Sage /Bluestrike

Last edited by Badwolf; Yesterday at 07:39 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
Gimme bagels! NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post

[Bouncepaw]

Bouncepaw purses his lip, glaring at the now dead mouse. He's too scared to sniff; all he can smell is his own blood, and his nose stings as it touches the cold air. His mentor's licking doesn't make stuff much better, for both his injury, and his ruined pride.

"I...I'm fine." He winces, trying to hold back a whimper from the stinging. It just had to be his sensitive nose of all places. He isn't actually fine, he's just trying to avoid going to the medicine den. As much as the bite hurts, it would hurt him even more to be remembered as the apprentice who got bit by a mouse on their hunting session. Even if his nose got infected and fell off, that would be less embarrassing.

"Okay, I'm not fine." Bouncepaw meows, irritated. Not at his mentor, but more at himself. "Stupid mice, stupid prey- ouch!"

One thing's for sure, this will have to be the end of their hunting lesson... for now.

Tags: @Crown_Sage /Bluestrike

Bluestrike ran his tail along Bouncepaw's flank. I need to take you the medicine den. He mewed, his eyes clouded with worry. Then he gave his apprentice a little wink. I'll tell them you fought off a fox with me. Smiling, he blinked at the sky.
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_Sage View Post

Bluestrike ran his tail along Bouncepaw's flank. I need to take you the medicine den. He mewed, his eyes clouded with worry. Then he gave his apprentice a little wink. I'll tell them you fought off a fox with me. Smiling, he blinked at the sky.

[Bouncepaw]

But... wasn't that a lie? Bouncepaw is grateful to Bluestrike, and he even thinks it's a good idea- he's just scared of possibly getting his mentor into trouble for his sake. It would be bad if the whole clan got riled up about the fox and started looking for it, only for it to be a big lie. For now, he nods and starts walking back to camp. His mentor knew what he was doing. Probably.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
Gimme bagels! NOW

(alr for now I'll send in a med request!)
@Badwolf