Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rookfire

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
WCO Jail..
Last post by Snowy the Ghost
Today 04:08 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Spottedraven
Today 04:04 PM
Allergic kitty?
Last post by Blaaze
Today 04:02 PM
Atari Crown and Claw of...
by taillow
Last post by Blaaze
Today 03:58 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Rowan
Today 03:56 PM

Old August 26th, 2024, 08:13 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Doh
Default Re: Softpaw's Training [P]

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Lionheart |

"Ah, I don't know about all that," Heroneye murmured at Softpaw's claim that she was a "great mentor", half to herself. Although, well, she hadn't really meant to say that. After all, when a cat gives one a compliment, one is supposed to respond with unwavering gratitude, yes? It was simply a bit difficult to do so when she didn't really believe it. Of course, she'd hoped and was trying to be an adequate teacher, but she was certain there were many places where she could make improvements, surely.

In any case, Softpaw had already moved on. "There is no need to apologize. It's only natural to lose one's temper from time to time." It was true; Heroneye didn't believe there was a cat alive who could handle every setback with perfect serenity. And besides, Softpaw's own show of frustration wasn't particularly bad. Honestly, Heroneye wished that was the worst she herself had done as an apprentice.

But enough lamenting the past; it was time to return to camp. With a wordless nod, Heroneye began to lead the apprentice back to RiverClan's temporary camp.

(alr, we can wrap this up here! i'll start up some more training in a few days, if that's okay ^^)

( @ChromeSilver_Hwaa - Softpaw )
Old August 26th, 2024, 08:19 PM
In love w/rubberRatroom<3

Bump Policy: 48 hrs or 2 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

"Ah, I don't know about all that," Heroneye murmured at Softpaw's claim that she was a "great mentor", half to herself. Although, well, she hadn't really meant to say that. After all, when a cat gives one a compliment, one is supposed to respond with unwavering gratitude, yes? It was simply a bit difficult to do so when she didn't really believe it. Of course, she'd hoped and was trying to be an adequate teacher, but she was certain there were many places where she could make improvements, surely.

In any case, Softpaw had already moved on. "There is no need to apologize. It's only natural to lose one's temper from time to time." It was true; Heroneye didn't believe there was a cat alive who could handle every setback with perfect serenity. And besides, Softpaw's own show of frustration wasn't particularly bad. Honestly, Heroneye wished that was the worst she herself had done as an apprentice.

But enough lamenting the past; it was time to return to camp. With a wordless nod, Heroneye began to lead the apprentice back to RiverClan's temporary camp.

(alr, we can wrap this up here! i'll start up some more training in a few days, if that's okay ^^)

Softpaw followed

(Ofc! <3)

Oceanstar is the leader of Beachclan, he has a semi-open den policy. <33 Mention me where ever just Vm me first Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3 Blackberry is Moonclan's Medicine cat! He has a open den policy!! Softdove and Crowsong and the med cats of Treeclan and Fogclan, they have open den policies!
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa @/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

lio lurked here, hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheartofthunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here
Old August 31st, 2024, 11:57 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

It seemed that it was time for another training session. Though RiverClan was in a fairly awkward position, what with them staying in that Twoleg den at the moment--not exactly an ideal time to be training, really--but there was no reason to waste any more time. Just because the Clan was stuck in limbo didn't mean that Softpaw's training had to be, too. At the very least, cats could leave the den freely now, which would make training significantly easier. Besides, it would be best to familiarize the apprentice with the territory as quickly and as much as possible.

"Softpaw," Heroneye called to the den's makeshift apprentice den. "I thought we could do some training today. What would you like to do?" The only type of training that was still mandatory was combat, but Softpaw could save that training for some other day, if she preferred. Heroneye wasn't exactly confident in her ability to teach fighting, but she'd leave it up to the apprentice, she supposed. She still felt just a tad guilty about having jumped into swimming training last time, after all.

Old September 1st, 2024, 12:47 AM

Quote:

Heroneye

It seemed that it was time for another training session. Though RiverClan was in a fairly awkward position, what with them staying in that Twoleg den at the moment--not exactly an ideal time to be training, really--but there was no reason to waste any more time. Just because the Clan was stuck in limbo didn't mean that Softpaw's training had to be, too. At the very least, cats could leave the den freely now, which would make training significantly easier. Besides, it would be best to familiarize the apprentice with the territory as quickly and as much as possible.

"Softpaw," Heroneye called to the den's makeshift apprentice den. "I thought we could do some training today. What would you like to do?" The only type of training that was still mandatory was combat, but Softpaw could save that training for some other day, if she preferred. Heroneye wasn't exactly confident in her ability to teach fighting, but she'd leave it up to the apprentice, she supposed. She still felt just a tad guilty about having jumped into swimming training last time, after all.

Softpaw looked up. "Perhaps fight training? I haven't done any yet." She meowed thoguhtfully

Oceanstar is the leader of Beachclan, he has a semi-open den policy. <33 Mention me where ever just Vm me first Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed Up and Agatha Kitty ! Both active<3 Blackberry is Moonclan's Medicine cat! He has a open den policy!! Softdove and Crowsong and the med cats of Treeclan and Fogclan, they have open den policies!
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa @/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheartofthunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here
Old September 2nd, 2024, 12:00 AM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Alright, it was finally time for fighting training. Though one part of her had sort of been dreading it, the other was somewhat eager to get it out of the way. After all, Softpaw would need those skills someday. Hopefully not anytime soon, but... someday. All warriors would, after all. Hopefully, next time, it wouldn't be for any giant, Clan-threatening war, at the very least.

"Alright," Heroneye said simply. "Let's get going, then." With this, she turned around, leading the apprentice outside of the Twoleg den. There was no reason to waste any more time.

Old September 2nd, 2024, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Heroneye

Alright, it was finally time for fighting training. Though one part of her had sort of been dreading it, the other was somewhat eager to get it out of the way. After all, Softpaw would need those skills someday. Hopefully not anytime soon, but... someday. All warriors would, after all. Hopefully, next time, it wouldn't be for any giant, Clan-threatening war, at the very least.

"Alright," Heroneye said simply. "Let's get going, then." With this, she turned around, leading the apprentice outside of the Twoleg den. There was no reason to waste any more time.

Softpaw nodded, following her mentor

Old September 3rd, 2024, 01:46 AM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

It wasn't long before Heroneye and Softpaw had arrived in a suitable place in the territory for training. Honestly, being able to train without having to walk halfway around the world was a welcome breath of fresh air, to say the least.

But, hm, how to begin the training itself? How had her mentor done it for her all those moons ago? Thinking back, she'd taught her some moves and they'd sparred some, but there had seemed to be something missing. Back then, Heroneye had thought she could get through a battle using the same cookie cutter moves the whole time, without actually accounting for the myriad of ways in which things could go in unexpected directions. Perhaps, then, it would be best to emphasize that fact before anything else.

"I'm going to show you some moves you'll likely need in battle," Heroneye began, turning towards her apprentice. "But remember this: you'll likely need to alter them or even create your own in the heat of battle. This is just to get you started.

Unless you have any questions, I'll start with the first move."

Old September 3rd, 2024, 05:26 AM

Quote:

Heroneye

It wasn't long before Heroneye and Softpaw had arrived in a suitable place in the territory for training. Honestly, being able to train without having to walk halfway around the world was a welcome breath of fresh air, to say the least.

But, hm, how to begin the training itself? How had her mentor done it for her all those moons ago? Thinking back, she'd taught her some moves and they'd sparred some, but there had seemed to be something missing. Back then, Heroneye had thought she could get through a battle using the same cookie cutter moves the whole time, without actually accounting for the myriad of ways in which things could go in unexpected directions. Perhaps, then, it would be best to emphasize that fact before anything else.

"I'm going to show you some moves you'll likely need in battle," Heroneye began, turning towards her apprentice. "But remember this: you'll likely need to alter them or even create your own in the heat of battle. This is just to get you started.

Unless you have any questions, I'll start with the first move."

Softpaw's ears twitched in anticipation as her mentors words hit her ears. Oh Starclan let her training go well! Softpaw was well..... soft, usually fighting with words rather than claws as it one hit home faster, and two, didn't cause her to leave with pink and red stained fur. Softpaw flicked her tail to shoo the naughty thoughts away and blinked, "Quesntions questions........ nope~" Softpaw purred

Old September 3rd, 2024, 08:40 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Heroneye blinked at Softpaw. She seemed somewhat uneasy, though Heroneye didn't blame her for that. Fighting was far from the Lionheart's favorite aspect of being a Clan cat, but it was a necessary skill nonetheless. Now more than ever, of course. In any case, hopefully Heroneye would be some help in the apprentice finding her confidence, if that was the issue.

Heroneye stood thoughtfully for a moment. She supposed it would only make sense to start with something simple, and there were few moves simpler and more straight-forward than the aptly named front paw blow.

"We'll be starting with the front paw blow," Heroneye began, gaze unfocused with thought and concentration. "First, you get into a kind of hunter's crouch," she did this as she spoke, "before jumping at your opponent to scratch their face." With this, she lunged at an invisible enemy, delivering a blow to their imaginary nose before landing back on her paws.

"Try and see if you can do it in the air. Once you've gotten it, you can try it on me," Heroneye said.

"And, ah, remember to keep your claws sheathed. You won't be needing those until you're in a real battle," Heroneye suddenly remembered to emphasize. She had no interest in walking away from a simple training session and into the medicine den with unnecessarily scratches.

Old September 4th, 2024, 05:47 AM

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye blinked at Softpaw. She seemed somewhat uneasy, though Heroneye didn't blame her for that. Fighting was far from the Lionheart's favorite aspect of being a Clan cat, but it was a necessary skill nonetheless. Now more than ever, of course. In any case, hopefully Heroneye would be some help in the apprentice finding her confidence, if that was the issue.

Heroneye stood thoughtfully for a moment. She supposed it would only make sense to start with something simple, and there were few moves simpler and more straight-forward than the aptly named front paw blow.

"We'll be starting with the front paw blow," Heroneye began, gaze unfocused with thought and concentration. "First, you get into a kind of hunter's crouch," she did this as she spoke, "before jumping at your opponent to scratch their face." With this, she lunged at an invisible enemy, delivering a blow to their imaginary nose before landing back on her paws.

"Try and see if you can do it in the air. Once you've gotten it, you can try it on me," Heroneye said.

"And, ah, remember to keep your claws sheathed. You won't be needing those until you're in a real battle," Heroneye suddenly remembered to emphasize. She had no interest in walking away from a simple training session and into the medicine den with unnecessarily scratches.

Softpaw blinked, shuffling her paws for a moment, she nodded gently. Watching with intense, narrowed copying in her mind as well as physically. Getting into a hunter crouch, she watched. Tensing her muscles as if to jump, and then swiping her paw forward. "Ah... the balance part for the leapt as well as focusing on the spot is hard...... hand paw coordination. " Softpaw murmured. Blinking at her mentor, her narrowed eyes softened to there normal round hues of curiosity. She attempted the move on her own, stumbling a bit, she tried the move on a weed first. Wanting to at least not stumble before she tried it on her mentor, Softpaw tried again, stumbling. Softpaw couldn't notice but she was leaning to the left a bit much as she leapt, Softpaw leaned to the side of the paw she was swiping with as the leapt, hoping it did something. But all it did was make her stumble. Softpaw stayed calm but her mouth drew into a line of frustration, pushing the feeling away Softpaw decided to try again. Nope, still a fail.