by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 01:07 AM

Old August 21st, 2024, 08:04 PM
Gimme bagels! NOW

Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Thirsty
Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Fallenkit padded warily into the medicine den. She felt horrible. Her stomach growled in pain, and she bent over. Lightningstorm? She croaked. Her eyes were clouded, and she'd never felt like this before. My stomach hurts. She mewed heavily.
@Alchemist Kitsune
Old August 22nd, 2024, 03:27 AM
*Furret walc intensifies*

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
22 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

About to exit the den, her stomach making the grumbles that only voles could satisfy, Lightningstorm halts, a brown and cream patched face poking into her den just as she approaches the end of the chamber. Tilting her head to the side, the herbalist must admit surprise at Willowpaw's request. It seems most of the cats she asks to go on patrol tend to want to get out of it, the idea of carrying mostly bitter herbs not particularly enticing. Yet here is an apprentice, actually trying to put in some work and volunteering to go get marigold and juniper berries, her admittedly two most used herbs. A surprising amount of cats within the clan have lung problems, and considering the many, many uses of the berries, keeping them stocked is always a problem. Marigold is of course marigold. The very foundation of a medicine cat's repertoire of herbs at their disposal. Whatever cat had discovered its incredible uses would no doubt be well within their rights to be incredibly egotistical for the rest of their eternity up there in the stars. Unfortunately, there was just one... small problem with the paw's offer.

"I appreciate the offer, love. Proper kind of you. But I'm 'fraid juniper berries won't be growing and ready to pick until mid leaffall at the earliest. Tell you what, though. I never say no to marigold, and despite my constant patrols sent out to gather more, I seem to be needing more and more each time. You lot sure like to keep me busy with all the scraps you get into," she purred teasingly, whiskers twitching before she continued.

"If you're really up to it, feel free to round up a patrol to gather some marigold. And in the process, if you find some good, sturdy sticks, I'd be proper chuffed. I know it sounds like a trivial thing, but with WindClan being as treeless as it is for the most part, it's a right bloody nightmare to find any sticks at all, and I've been running painfully low on those. Come look me up in the clearing if you can't find any warriors to help you out and I'll head out with you myself once I'm done eating. What say you on that?"

| That's not just a Lightningstorm offer. Sincerely, if Willowpaw has no luck finding warriors to accompany her out on a herb gathering patrol, feel free to have her come back to Lightningstorm and she'll go out with Willowpaw to gather up some marigold and sticks! |

Willowpaw nodded and headed out to the clearing to round up a patrol.

Sigpic done by @ramen
—————————————
Sun, Stars, Moon, Comet, Eclipse, Earth
—————————————
Team Foster-Keefe for life!
—————————————
"Don't doubt yourself; if anyone tells you your art is bad, then smack them with a frying pan."
- FluffyToasterBunny.
Old August 24th, 2024, 07:57 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Leopardpaw-She/Her
9 Moons

PURRKS
Chill of Death-Not Active

-----------------

Panicking.
Panicking, panicking, panicking.

She couldn't see!
And Redface had died!
Stupid, stupid rogue!

She was less panicked yet still paranoid when she smelt camp scents.
Alongside not being able to see, this hurt a lot.

She had soon been guided to the medicine den.
Oh thank StarClan.

@SpiritedWarrior [No need to reply to this, just a signifier of Ravenhawk being the one to have guided her! Apologies for the mention!]
@Alchemist Kistune;

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue t1-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan), Agatha Kitty-Catfishwhisker(RiverClan), Kitty Softpaws t1-Caveclaw(RiverClan)
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
22 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive | Katty Krueger - Inactive

She hadn't seen either Ashpaw or Wildkit after her call, and dropping from the roots provided to insight to neither, either. A snort of disappointment escaping her, Lightningstorm shook her head, turning around to face the Galewood once more. Twilightstar would have to hear about this demotion, and she wasn't looking forward to giving the leader more bad news. Yet before she could move she scented it. The familiar smell of honey sharp in the air as she turned around, brow raised as she searched for the feline who had brought some of the precious liquid without being asked to. Vinepaw himself had done so recently, and a part of her assumed it must have been the same apprentice once more, only to be met with a very different pair instead.

Ashpaw was back. Alongside Wildkit. With... honey and sticks in tow. Well. That had only taken a moon, yet it was clear they had gone out to gather some today. Had they been avoiding her in shame due to failure of acquisition? If so, that was silly. She would have understood. Plenty of cats had issues gathering honey. They tended to make the bees angry. Case in point... Ashpaw here looked like he had just bashed his entire face into the nest to grab pieces of comb and let the swarm have at him while he gathered it. She doubted that had been the case, but stars above. He was more stings than cat at this point.

The she-cat remained quiet as the demoted warrior spoke, turning to look at the kit. Noting the differences between them. While Ashpaw had most certainly taken on the entire nest, Wildkit had obviously avoided their ire. She had no idea what the tom had done to avoid the younger of the two getting stung, but she appreciated the effort. It took a special kind of selflessness to ensure another did not get stung, especially considering no one would have blamed him for it. Cats getting stung was really just an inevitability of gathering honey, or so she was beginning to understand. It's just most came back still looking like a cat..

"You know. If you were having trouble gathering honey, you could have come to me first, love. I would have gladly helped out," Lightningstorm mewed, no real anger in her voice as she spoke. "That's neither here nor there now, though, I suppose. You brought the honey and sticks back. That's what matters. Although... I hope you realize this isn't quite the last you see of me today, Ashcloud."

It was nonchalant, but with her clearly opting to use his warrior name instead of his apprentice moniker she lifted his demotion. It was clear to her that he hadn't been simply trying to skirt his work now, instead having been too ashamed to come back empty pawed. While she would have preferred to have been told this from the start, she could hardly blame him or punish him for it. Especially considering how the bees seemed to have taken care of that for him quite nicely. With a nod at Wildpaw, she dismissed the apprentice, doubting he would want to stick around for what came next, and not really willing to entertain him while she was busy regardless. It was clear from a glance that a few of those stings still had their stingers well stuck. She had her work cut out for her for the rest of the day, which meant Wildpaw was free to head on out to the apprentice's den while his mentor recovered.

"Come on now. We're going to have to tend to those stings of yours. Pretty sure Twilightstar wants warriors mentoring her apprentices, not cats that resemble a bee's arse," she finally added, eyes twinkling with mischief as she helped pick up some of the supplies they'd brought with them, the situation awfully familiar for some reason she couldn't quite place her paw on.

@Fish [Ashcloud] | @Oliver [Wildpaw]
| Both Ashcloud and Wildpaw have had their demotions removed - I'll be updating soon to reflect that in the alliances - but Ashcloud will have to be treated! It should be a quick treatment, though, and he should be back to his usual self in a few days tops. |

"Well..." Ashcloud flicked his ears and looked to the ground in embarrassment. He wanted to pride himself and in not needing help but maybe he'd have to humble himself just a tad. The bees made good work of breaking that wall around his ego. Then he lifted his head up when Lightningstorm mentioned seeing him again. Wha- Oh yeah that's right, he's a bees living pincushion. This was not going to be fun at all and he was dreading having to feel all of the stingers being pulled out of him. Ashcloud dreaded having to sit down after all of this.

Then Ashcloud looked absolutely frustrated by the joke, the rage look like it was going to boil up to a fever pitch as his tail last then— " HA! " All that frustrated look seem to be just Ashcloud holding in a laugh. The man was trying his best in life to be no nonsense and only serious business but despite it all... Ashcloud couldn't help it. He then grew a crowfood eating grin. "With the hell those bees gave me, we might as well replace warriors with bee 'arse's'." He chuckled before he followed after the medicine cat into the den. At least joking around made him forget about the fate he was going to have in the den for a few moments. Maybe he should cut out the tough guy act and try to joke around more, it was fun.

Taking a seat on one of the moss beds Ashcloud looked to Lightningstorm with a wary look. His tough look broke and he look just a touch scared. Who in their right mind would want to sit around and bear this anyways? He wasn't going to be harsh on himself for weakening his defenses for that. He was staying calm enough to stay still and that's what matter, he guessed. Any cat who'd make fun of him would probably be freaking out having to bear with this, right? That's what he'd like to think—He was getting in his own head and starting to make himself panic over nothing. "So." Ashcloud said to break the silence and the noise of his apparently bee filled brain. "How does this work? Eat a few poppies and tough it out?"