by Rani
Last post by Rani
Today 07:04 PM

Old Today, 04:46 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Backstabber (VA)

This takes place around early June, and is basically the backstory to why Moonpaw and Goopywhisker have gone missing! <3

---
Goopywhisker had been watching Moonpaw. Ever since Moonpaw was nothing but a wiggly baby, the slimy warrior had always been a looming presence. Keeping the kit from escaping the nursery in leaf-bare and freezing to death, offering a friendly smile in the clearing, offering training when Moonpaw’s mentor had their paws full. It was humiliating. Moonpaw hated Goopwhisker. He didn't need his pity. Moonpaw had his brother's heavenly powers on his side, his mama's kind heart, and his father's wits. He was destined for greatness. Why did a lowly cursed warrior think he needed his pity?

So when Moonpaw tried to sneak out late one night? He should’ve known his greasy shadow would follow.

The 'paw hadn't been as quiet sneaking out as he had wanted to be... alerting the guard on duty. Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

“M-Moonpaw! You can’t go out by yourself.” Goopywhisker called, deciding against waking the others for help. Despite the apprentice’s larger size, Goopywhisker was still bigger, stronger, and more experienced. Dragging the panicked ‘paw back home shouldn't be an issue. “Seriously! Don’t go any further!” Moonpaw did not turn back to acknowledge the freak's presence. He had a mission.

The dark apprentice didn’t stop until he reached the end of Shadowclan’s territory… or what he believed was the end. He hadn’t had a chance to get acquainted with their new home yet…

Don’t worry, self. It won’t matter how many rules you break. You just gotta prove to Greemaw that you are a warrior. Capable of anything. Prove to the stars that you deserve this prophecy! Then Momma will love you again. Everything will be ok again! I just gotta deal with him now.

Goopywhisker huffed as he finally caught up, quickly surveying the land for any sort of dangers. Why on earth had they gone so far from home?? Ah. He could worry about that once they were back in camp. Dread settled in his tummy at being out so late, alone in a forest full of so many unknowns. Maybe he should've woken someone else up.......

“H-hey… I know you’ve had a lot of change in your life recently and… well... whatever it is w-we can deal with it! We just need to get ho--” He shifted awkwardly, not knowing how exactly to calm Moonpaw’s nerves.

“Shut UP!” The dark apprentice rounded on the warrior, claws unsheathing. "You... you're ruining everything! I need to go into the territory and bring home something that will make Greemaw trust me again! Like how she trusts you! You’re on your way to enforcer!! And … even though you are the ugliest, stinkiest, most useless warrior ever, you still got it good!!” Heck, even some of Goopywhisker’s siblings had returned!! That was more than Moon could say. Smoke was dead, and no matter how happy he claimed to be, Moonpaw wished he was still in Shadowclan. Together again. Goopywhisker never had to worry about being replaced by an outsider leech, or betrayed for disposing of the leech or... anything to do with that leech Bleedingkit!!

The warrior did not respond, nor did he unsheathe his own claws. Instead Goopywhisker stared at the apprentice… kindness and pity glittering in his multicolored eyes. Moonpaw wished his eyes held malice instead. Maybe it wouldn’t make him feel as bad.

“I know what you’re feeling right now, Moonpaw.” Goopywhisker tried again after a moment, moving into a sitting position. Was he not scared of Moonpaw’s claws?? That he was going to attack??? Did his words not sting at all!!??? How could he be so casual??

“I know you're hurting and confused… so youre l-lashing out and causing trouble. Trying to push others away with... v-very hurtful comments. My s-siblings were a lot like you.” He hummed, wondering which one of the three Moonpaw resembled most right now. “It’s normal. B-but you can’t run away from it. Face whatever is thrown your way, and you’ll grow stronger for it.”

A huff from the apprentice was all the calico would receive for his little speech; not noticing the way his multicolored eyes widened. Moonpaw didn’t have time for a heartfelt moment with a cat he didn’t care about. He held no real power in the clan, not yet at least.

Self, if Goopywhisker drags you back home and reports this to Greemaw… you know what’s going to happen. He’s going to be made a full enforcer!! Everyone will love him even more! And you…? He shuddered, knowing his mind was right as always.

"I'm not running away." Moonpaw growled, slowly stalking towards his enemy. "I'm doing what I have to." His body moved into the hunters crouch, preparing to pounce on the yapper in front of him. So what if he had little fighting experience? It couldn't be that hard to kill someone as useless as Goopywhisker. Besides... who would really miss him anyways?

"Moonp-paw, hide! D-dogs!"

Ok. Those were some odd last words. Moonpaw blinked up at the panicked warrior, completely thrown off his game. Did he say... OH!!!!

Moonpaw had been too caught up in his plans to scent the beasts that loomed nearby. (Or was Goopywhisker so smelly it caused Moon's nose to stop working?) Regardless, it was still Goopywhisker's fault. He was the warrior here! And Moonpaw was the defenseless apprentice!!! ... That was believable right?

Two large beasts shot through the bushes, sights zeroed in on the two cats. With their fangs bared and claws poised to rip them apart, Moonpaw suddenly understood how the toads felt. Were his last moments really going to be spent with... this guy?
---
Pt 2 coming soon!