Today 03:11 PM
Haven Springs
Last post by occultation
Today 03:05 PM

Old Today, 03:16 AM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Abandoned Twoleg Den (All RiverClan Cats Welcome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

[ This interaction is separate from the hawk instance. I just need the bingo ]

"A story?" When Wisteriawren was approached by a random kit and asked for a story, she merely stared at the youngster blankly for a couple moments, and looked around, wondering why she of all cats had been approached for this. She'd just been sitting beside the prey pile, attempting to lay low after the most recent havoc RiverClan had to sift through.

"Um... I can... try." She hesitated, gaze softening marginally as she looked down at the kitten, hesitance melting away. Oh, she loved kits. They were so adorable... how could she possibly deny this darling's request? But... a story..? Wisteriawren couldn't recall a single one now that she'd been asked for it - so she recalled the only story she could.

"So... Heroneye, Sunsetgleam, Softpaw and I were at Sleepy Thicket..." She began, voice lifting as a small smile spread over her face. "Patrolling for RiverClan... and then all of a sudden, there's spooky things happening." The ex-kittypet paused for dramatic effect, fixating on the kit in front of her. If anyone else joined to listen to her story, Wisteriawren would be too focused to notice.

"Rustling noises... shadows flitting around..." She trailed off as she thought back to it. It sure had been scary at the time. "Nobody knew what was happening - Softpaw mentions Sleepy Thicket's ghost... And then out of the blue, without warning..." Her voice lowered, turning softer, before rising again. "A ghost!"

She let the word linger, letting it sink in a moment before Wisteriawren mrrowed softly with amusement and continued. "A real-life ghost..!" Real-life ghost? Or was it a real dead ghost? "But don't worry, it was a... good one? I think you call them StarClan? Heroneye said her name was Minkpaw, and that she used to be a RiverClan apprentice... she said some other things, but I didn't understand it. You can ask Heroneye maybe. Minkpaw just wanted to welcome RiverClan home, I think."

[ @Dolomedes - Primrosekit / @Fish - Adderstrike / OPEN to anyone else if you need to cross out the 'Scary Stories' Bingo square! ]
Adderstrike wondered over and heard the story of the ghosts. She tried to keep her fur down while she listened to it. Ghosts weren't real, nope nope. The dead should stay in the ground and in the sky not on the ground! What else could spirirts do if they were allowed this?
Old Today, 05:10 AM
become seagull

Bump Policy: 12 hours / 2 hours time sensitive
My Mood: Sneaky

Fernsnap
he/they | riverclan | warrior | 26 moons

Fernsnap exists.
(Open)

Lillian gave belly rubs to all the cats
x ghostie gave da cats all da love <3
pat pat - hope
lots of love given by: Thechaoticdigitalcircus & SeonghwasBunnyEars
Pocket Full of Purrkies ACTIVE
Old Today, 05:20 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Much was going on, but Elderkit couldn't care less. She and Starrykit sat just outside of the strange contraption RiverClan has been calling their home, the scarred kitten smiling at her sister despite the discomfort she felt, trying to encourage her to play along.
"Don't listen to them,"
She mew gently, voice warm.
"I'm here. We'll be okay... I'm sure we'll stop moving around soon, and- and- we'll be together, all along the way. We'll always have each other, even when Misty has her babies... Right?"
She smiled, lopsided, giving her sister a gentle nudge. She had noticed Starrykit's shifting expressions, guessed what may be on her twin's mind -- she just wanted her to be happy. Starrykit was her world, her everything, she would do anything to see her sister happy.

In an attempt to lift her spirits, after a kick attempted hug, Elderkit piped up.
"Let's play! I'm sure there's a bunch of nice things we can do out here."
Her paws carried her off, eyes searching the edges on the large den that covered them when they slept. But it was a nice day; the weather was warm, the sun bright... They ought to be happy, should they not? Elderkit blinked, trying to figure out something - anything - they could do with the plants growing at its edges, anything in these green surroundings that could make her sister happy. Soon enough, her eyes fell upon a bright yellow flower, bright like the sun, and a bubble of excitement grew within her. Elderkit plucked the flower from the ground, eagerly turning towards whereever Starrykit was to show off her beautiful finding, voice calling out gleefully;
"Starry!"

The glee turned to horror.
"Starry!"
A horrified screech left her maw when she rushed forward, tiny kitten claws digging into the soil when she rammed into her sister - possibly sending herself sprawling on top of her littermate - when the horrid screeches of a hawk just beyond sounded, and pierced its claws into Elderkit's back seconds before it would have reached her sister.
"Starry... STARRY?!"
Elderkit yelled out in painful desperation when the ground promptly disappeared beneath her, tearful dark blue eyes focused only on Starrykit's matching ones, voice soon drowned out and too chocked up to speak.

....At least Starrykit was safe. I'm sorry, Starry. She mouthed, the realisation of her painful, horrid end coming upon her, the hawk far too high up to be caught by anyone now. She always was the unlucky twin.

[ @Wingnettle - note: the hawk is already too high up to be caught by anyone now, I have plans ]

Starrykit
Riverclan | 3 moons
Mind Reader

Starrykit looked at her beloved sister, always trying to comfort her against the hardships of life. She didn't really care about what Fading was saying, but she couldn't stop staring at Mistyshard, and Elderkit had noticed her right away.
She changed sight abruptly when her sister's comforting words reached her. She was right, but only because there was no utility in dwelling on it right away. She could do it after Mistyshard had her kits, right?

"Play...?" She had played many times with her, but it was true there wasn't much to play with in this tiny place. Maybe they should go outside and look around the clearing? But Elderkit, of course, had already preceded her. She held a beautiful yellow flower - whose name she didn't know, and that annoyed her not so little - in her tiny mouth. Seeing her walking around with her scars, always reminded her of hers. Shorter and less visible, but deep and always there.
What could they do with a flower?

She stopped. Her short fur bristled as if it had become instantly very cold, and a horrible foreboding took place in her mind while Elderkit seemed to trip and collapse into her.
No, she was doing that on purpose!
"Elder..." She started but then went mute when she saw a huge shadow against the greenleaf sky that loomed and grew bigger, coming right toward them. In less than a second, Elderkit's hind legs were snatched from the ground, and Starrykit dug her claws into her sister's forelegs' paws.

She had never, never saw such a dreadful monster before her eyes.
She used all her strength - which wasn't much - to keep hold of her sister's tiny body, but it took a mere moment for her to remain with some little tufts of fur in her claws while the monster took away Elderkit, into the sky she had always seen as peaceful and hopeful. Her widened, tearful blue eyes stared into her sister's while she mouthed something she would always remember vividly.
She choked in her own scream and nothing came out.
Elderkit had disappeared.

A few warriors had seen everything and done NOTHING to save her sister!
She turned behind and glared at every one of them, her little face covered by streaming, shiny tears that threatened to fall forever.
"ELDERKIT IS GONE! And it's your fault! You didn't save her! WHY?"
Now her voice had returned and she was full of rage, full of something she'd never met and wasn't able to control! "YOU TOOK US HERE ONLY TO HAVE HER DEAD! YOU are monsters!"
The little furball growled, not letting anyone near her. Not even Mistyshard, if she ever tried.

The clan had let her sister die.

Now she was truly alone.

@paedyn @Marigoldwhisper @starry

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old Today, 07:19 AM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post

Starrykit
Riverclan | 3 moons
Mind Reader

Starrykit looked at her beloved sister, always trying to comfort her against the hardships of life. She didn't really care about what Fading was saying, but she couldn't stop staring at Mistyshard, and Elderkit had noticed her right away.
She changed sight abruptly when her sister's comforting words reached her. She was right, but only because there was no utility in dwelling on it right away. She could do it after Mistyshard had her kits, right?

"Play...?" She had played many times with her, but it was true there wasn't much to play with in this tiny place. Maybe they should go outside and look around the clearing? But Elderkit, of course, had already preceded her. She held a beautiful yellow flower - whose name she didn't know, and that annoyed her not so little - in her tiny mouth. Seeing her walking around with her scars, always reminded her of hers. Shorter and less visible, but deep and always there.
What could they do with a flower?

She stopped. Her short fur bristled as if it had become instantly very cold, and a horrible foreboding took place in her mind while Elderkit seemed to trip and collapse into her.
No, she was doing that on purpose!
"Elder..." She started but then went mute when she saw a huge shadow against the greenleaf sky that loomed and grew bigger, coming right toward them. In less than a second, Elderkit's hind legs were snatched from the ground, and Starrykit dug her claws into her sister's forelegs' paws.

She had never, never saw such a dreadful monster before her eyes.
She used all her strength - which wasn't much - to keep hold of her sister's tiny body, but it took a mere moment for her to remain with some little tufts of fur in her claws while the monster took away Elderkit, into the sky she had always seen as peaceful and hopeful. Her widened, tearful blue eyes stared into her sister's while she mouthed something she would always remember vividly.
She choked in her own scream and nothing came out.
Elderkit had disappeared.

A few warriors had seen everything and done NOTHING to save her sister!
She turned behind and glared at every one of them, her little face covered by streaming, shiny tears that threatened to fall forever.
"ELDERKIT IS GONE! And it's your fault! You didn't save her! WHY?"
Now her voice had returned and she was full of rage, full of something she'd never met and wasn't able to control! "YOU TOOK US HERE ONLY TO HAVE HER DEAD! YOU are monsters!"
The little furball growled, not letting anyone near her. Not even Mistyshard, if she ever tried.

The clan had let her sister die.

Now she was truly alone.

@paedyn @Marigoldwhisper @starry

`~Owltalon
She, Her\Lionheart\44 moons\Riverclan
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty [ACTIVE]

- - -

[TAKES PLACE AT A DIFFERENT TIME THAN MY OTHER POSTS WITH @/Rowan]
Obviously, Starrykit wasn't about to follow orders easily, and Owltalon couldn't blame her. Her sister, Elderkit, had just gotten snatched away from a flying predator. The dire mood of this situation couldn't even lead her to think about how if Owltalon had managed to catch the hawk she could've salvaged their bones as well. But she couldn't possibly think like that when all her mind could imagine was a soft innocent head suddenly hitting the ground with a burst of crimson. The Lionheart never had any siblings, parents yes, but they left. While she couldn't truly understand what Starrykit was going through, she believed she had a good idea of her hurt. And thus her amber eyes lost their fire as the adrenaline of the situation died down and all that was left was hurt. Bitter, sharp, hurt.

She looked at the kit before her with sincerity, but she couldn't manage a friendly smile when her face was lined with grief. She had planned to get a bit closer to the kit, but it was abundantly clear that they didn't want to be touched, the fury in her eyes told her so. While Owltalon was sure she'd never be able to completely soothe the situation over, she'd try.

"Hun, we did what we could. Elderkit was al'eady far from reach once anycat spotted 'er, which made the livin' a priority. We did try ta save 'er, the first thin' I thought of when we marched out 'ere was how I could possibly leap of somethin' nearby ta kill the hawk myself. But she was too high up, the stars 'ave 'er know." She blinked at the crying kit before her and her paws pushed relentlessly against padded ground. "There was a reason why I wanted ta get cha away, yer life was at risk and so was yer sanity." As she looked at the kit, Owltalon could see that no amount of quick thinking of swift movements could ever save Starrykit from the horror of watching her sister die.

"I truly am sorry hun, I'm sorry," Owltalon had surprisingly managed a steady voice throughout her comforting, a soft low tone that probably only Starrykit herself could hear. The brown tabby sifted through her thoughts as she attempted to find an alternative, some sort of uplifting part to this. The only thing the Lionheart could think of is Starrykit possibly getting some closure by burying Elderkit herself, but the thought of a kit burying another made her heart squeeze and tighten. So she didn't mew a word. Though, if Starrykit requested it, she wouldn't protest.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old Today, 09:41 AM
GLOOMY

Bump Policy: bump me if i don't respond.
My Mood: Mysterious

|Header drawn by rubberRatroom!|
---LILYGLIDE---

||She-cat|riverclan warrior||
Open for interaction!

============

This is a simple post so she does not end up missing, interact if you wish,

lilyglide remains in this abandoned area she sits silently her white fur slightly messy and matted, but relatively clean. she groomed her pelt licking her light grey paw and shaking some dust off her soft short fur. Then she pads over to one of the areas and lays beneath a tree. her yellow eyes gaze around. Letting out a frustrated sigh she tries her best to remain calm.
Old Today, 11:36 AM

Adderstrike came back with a ton of flowers with her friends to help with the making of flower crowns. "Hello? Guys?" She mewed out for the apprentices

@sleepyyjax @Rose @taillow @Omari quick and dirty for bingo dont mind me lol

Last edited by Fish; Today at 11:36 AM.
Old Today, 12:16 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever! 100% remind me after 72 hrs though!
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Adderstrike came back with a ton of flowers with her friends to help with the making of flower crowns. "Hello? Guys?" She mewed out for the apprentices

@sleepyyjax @Rose @taillow @Omari quick and dirty for bingo dont mind me lol

Shellpaw
he/they - 6 moons - Go with the flow [inactive]

As he lazed away in a corner, Shellpaw's ear perked up to the sound of Adderstrike's voice. He didn't really mean to become lazy, but there really wasn't much to do whilst confined to this den. "Awh yeah!" he climbed up from his spot, "thanks Adderstrike!" he chirped triumphantly making his way towards the flowers, then beginning to nose through them.

@Rose @taillow @Omari

Last edited by sleepyyjax; Today at 12:16 PM.
Old Today, 01:11 PM

Adderstrike sat down to join in on making the flower crowns. She wasn't great at this and kept trying to weave the flowers. She kept failing or in her mind failing. Adderstrike was able to make the crown but wasn't able to make the flowers tight so they fell apart quite quickly. It could be worn for a whiskers length of time but not much longer than that. "How do I do this?" Adderstrike asked.

@sleeppyjas @taillow @Rose @Omari

Last edited by Fish; Today at 01:11 PM.
Old Today, 02:34 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Distracted

[ Just tagging those Fading is interacting with or reacting to since there's a lot of people involved and I don't want to spam notifications ]

Fadingstar turned angry eyes on Flowerhunter as he tried to tell him off for expressing concern. He opened his jaws to snap a retort at the warrior, but before he could Dusklion came crashing into the situation.

She, too, seemed to be angry at everyone else for existing in the situation. Since when did expressing concern warrant such reactions?

The concern that she was showing Wisteriawren was both surprising and not surprising. Surprising in that whatever awkwardness had existed between them since Dusklion's ill-received love confession had seemingly dissipated, and not surprising because Fadingstar was well aware of the deep care she held for the other molly.

Speaking of care, as much as he wished he didn't, he still did care for Wisteriawren. So much so that when she started speaking, the rest of the world around him disappeared and he was able to focus on only her for a moment.

So a child had died? No wonder she was in such shambles. Based on the description Fadingstar had a particular kit in mind- Elderkit. Wisteriawren burying the child was a good decision, albeit a hard one.

If it was Elderkit, that meant someone had to find Starrykit and tell her. Wisteriawren certainly wasn't in any shape to do so, Dusklion probably wouldn't handle it with much tact, and Berrypaw needed to see to Wisteriawren...

Which left him. Taking a deep breath, he glanced again at Flowerhunter. Rather than the anger in his eyes before, there was now only sadness. Logically, he knew that there really wasn't an easy way to stop hawks from taking kits. Nonetheless, he still felt as if the Clan had failed Elderkit.

"Flowerhunter," he said quietly, "Please stay with Wisteriawren and make sure she gets to Berrypaw. She needs a healer to look after her while she processes this."

He turned his paws toward the area they'd designated as the nursery. As he did so, he caught sight of Starrykit. Damn, that meant she must already know.

The leader nodded toward her. "Come with me, Starrykit."

With that, he padded off toward a more secluded part of the den.
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; please post at the abandoned den and tag me! If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; Today at 02:50 PM.