Today 06:30 AM
The MCYT shop!!!
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 06:03 AM

Old Today, 03:16 AM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Abandoned Twoleg Den (All RiverClan Cats Welcome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

[ This interaction is separate from the hawk instance. I just need the bingo ]

"A story?" When Wisteriawren was approached by a random kit and asked for a story, she merely stared at the youngster blankly for a couple moments, and looked around, wondering why she of all cats had been approached for this. She'd just been sitting beside the prey pile, attempting to lay low after the most recent havoc RiverClan had to sift through.

"Um... I can... try." She hesitated, gaze softening marginally as she looked down at the kitten, hesitance melting away. Oh, she loved kits. They were so adorable... how could she possibly deny this darling's request? But... a story..? Wisteriawren couldn't recall a single one now that she'd been asked for it - so she recalled the only story she could.

"So... Heroneye, Sunsetgleam, Softpaw and I were at Sleepy Thicket..." She began, voice lifting as a small smile spread over her face. "Patrolling for RiverClan... and then all of a sudden, there's spooky things happening." The ex-kittypet paused for dramatic effect, fixating on the kit in front of her. If anyone else joined to listen to her story, Wisteriawren would be too focused to notice.

"Rustling noises... shadows flitting around..." She trailed off as she thought back to it. It sure had been scary at the time. "Nobody knew what was happening - Softpaw mentions Sleepy Thicket's ghost... And then out of the blue, without warning..." Her voice lowered, turning softer, before rising again. "A ghost!"

She let the word linger, letting it sink in a moment before Wisteriawren mrrowed softly with amusement and continued. "A real-life ghost..!" Real-life ghost? Or was it a real dead ghost? "But don't worry, it was a... good one? I think you call them StarClan? Heroneye said her name was Minkpaw, and that she used to be a RiverClan apprentice... she said some other things, but I didn't understand it. You can ask Heroneye maybe. Minkpaw just wanted to welcome RiverClan home, I think."

[ @Dolomedes - Primrosekit / @Fish - Adderstrike / OPEN to anyone else if you need to cross out the 'Scary Stories' Bingo square! ]
Adderstrike wondered over and heard the story of the ghosts. She tried to keep her fur down while she listened to it. Ghosts weren't real, nope nope. The dead should stay in the ground and in the sky not on the ground! What else could spirirts do if they were allowed this?
Old Today, 05:10 AM
become seagull

Bump Policy: 12 hours / 2 hours time sensitive
My Mood: Sneaky

Fernsnap
he/they | riverclan | warrior | 26 moons

Fernsnap exists.
(Open)

Lillian gave belly rubs to all the cats
x ghostie gave da cats all da love <3
pat pat - hope
lots of love given by: Thechaoticdigitalcircus & SeonghwasBunnyEars
Pocket Full of Purrkies ACTIVE
Old Today, 05:20 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Much was going on, but Elderkit couldn't care less. She and Starrykit sat just outside of the strange contraption RiverClan has been calling their home, the scarred kitten smiling at her sister despite the discomfort she felt, trying to encourage her to play along.
"Don't listen to them,"
She mew gently, voice warm.
"I'm here. We'll be okay... I'm sure we'll stop moving around soon, and- and- we'll be together, all along the way. We'll always have each other, even when Misty has her babies... Right?"
She smiled, lopsided, giving her sister a gentle nudge. She had noticed Starrykit's shifting expressions, guessed what may be on her twin's mind -- she just wanted her to be happy. Starrykit was her world, her everything, she would do anything to see her sister happy.

In an attempt to lift her spirits, after a kick attempted hug, Elderkit piped up.
"Let's play! I'm sure there's a bunch of nice things we can do out here."
Her paws carried her off, eyes searching the edges on the large den that covered them when they slept. But it was a nice day; the weather was warm, the sun bright... They ought to be happy, should they not? Elderkit blinked, trying to figure out something - anything - they could do with the plants growing at its edges, anything in these green surroundings that could make her sister happy. Soon enough, her eyes fell upon a bright yellow flower, bright like the sun, and a bubble of excitement grew within her. Elderkit plucked the flower from the ground, eagerly turning towards whereever Starrykit was to show off her beautiful finding, voice calling out gleefully;
"Starry!"

The glee turned to horror.
"Starry!"
A horrified screech left her maw when she rushed forward, tiny kitten claws digging into the soil when she rammed into her sister - possibly sending herself sprawling on top of her littermate - when the horrid screeches of a hawk just beyond sounded, and pierced its claws into Elderkit's back seconds before it would have reached her sister.
"Starry... STARRY?!"
Elderkit yelled out in painful desperation when the ground promptly disappeared beneath her, tearful dark blue eyes focused only on Starrykit's matching ones, voice soon drowned out and too chocked up to speak.

....At least Starrykit was safe. I'm sorry, Starry. She mouthed, the realisation of her painful, horrid end coming upon her, the hawk far too high up to be caught by anyone now. She always was the unlucky twin.

[ @Wingnettle - note: the hawk is already too high up to be caught by anyone now, I have plans ]

Starrykit
Riverclan | 3 moons
Mind Reader

Starrykit looked at her beloved sister, always trying to comfort her against the hardships of life. She didn't really care about what Fading was saying, but she couldn't stop staring at Mistyshard, and Elderkit had noticed her right away.
She changed sight abruptly when her sister's comforting words reached her. She was right, but only because there was no utility in dwelling on it right away. She could do it after Mistyshard had her kits, right?

"Play...?" She had played many times with her, but it was true there wasn't much to play with in this tiny place. Maybe they should go outside and look around the clearing? But Elderkit, of course, had already preceded her. She held a beautiful yellow flower - whose name she didn't know, and that annoyed her not so little - in her tiny mouth. Seeing her walking around with her scars, always reminded her of hers. Shorter and less visible, but deep and always there.
What could they do with a flower?

She stopped. Her short fur bristled as if it had become instantly very cold, and a horrible foreboding took place in her mind while Elderkit seemed to trip and collapse into her.
No, she was doing that on purpose!
"Elder..." She started but then went mute when she saw a huge shadow against the greenleaf sky that loomed and grew bigger, coming right toward them. In less than a second, Elderkit's hind legs were snatched from the ground, and Starrykit dug her claws into her sister's forelegs' paws.

She had never, never saw such a dreadful monster before her eyes.
She used all her strength - which wasn't much - to keep hold of her sister's tiny body, but it took a mere moment for her to remain with some little tufts of fur in her claws while the monster took away Elderkit, into the sky she had always seen as peaceful and hopeful. Her widened, tearful blue eyes stared into her sister's while she mouthed something she would always remember vividly.
She choked in her own scream and nothing came out.
Elderkit had disappeared.

A few warriors had seen everything and done NOTHING to save her sister!
She turned behind and glared at every one of them, her little face covered by streaming, shiny tears that threatened to fall forever.
"ELDERKIT IS GONE! And it's your fault! You didn't save her! WHY?"
Now her voice had returned and she was full of rage, full of something she'd never met and wasn't able to control! "YOU TOOK US HERE ONLY TO HAVE HER DEAD! YOU are monsters!"
The little furball growled, not letting anyone near her. Not even Mistyshard, if she ever tried.

The clan had let her sister die.

Now she was truly alone.

@paedyn @Marigoldwhisper @starry

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice