Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Icekit Finder <3
Last post by paedyn
Today 05:15 PM
tales in the night [ Bingo...
by BEAR.
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 05:14 PM
Windswept Plains
by BEAR.
Last post by Aphrodite
Today 05:13 PM
Flowers & Hawks (kit...
Last post by Bluest+r~
Today 05:07 PM

Old Yesterday, 02:23 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Training Day

Crowtooth
Windclan Deputy | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

....Ok so he knew it was a valid concern but Crowtooth couldnt help but slightly chuckle at Lightningpaws worries. It was a thought of an older cat but the tom really couldnt tell when windclan started caring so much about size or strength compared to the skills they were historically known for. Maybe it was because of the larger cats who'd been in prominence in windclans history of late? Batglare, Leechscar, Wolffang, Peachfrost, Cowtuft and even Crowtooth himself were oddly large for the clan so maybe that was offsetting it.

Chuckling the deputy's head tilted, gently explaining "Kiddo it just sounds ta me like ya fight like a windclan cat does. I mean tell me, does Twilightstar seem like a super strong cat?" She was, just not physically. "I could bowl her over wit' a tap kiddo but she could skin me alive if she wanted. So could Bravebird even if both mollies are tiny. The name o' yer (an' most o' windclan's) game is speed, precision, an' prediction. Like yer already doin'.

However ta do that ya need a good base o' knowledge an' a place ta built offa, which is the battle stance. Ya saw how my legs were bent? Well a more agile cat then I (so you) can spring outta that inta a leap or a dodge so fast nothin' can catch ya. Dont think about it as yer paws bein' grounded, think about them bein' stable. Once yer more advanced ya can even modify yer stance ta allow ya to move more.

The stance Im showin' ya aint even the one I use. I tend ta be more planted an' less bendy myself 'cuz I know I cant move fast enough ta dodge quick hits anyways but can easily withstand them."
Hopefully that'd be enough to explain things and get Lightningpaw to see why the stance was what it was. And see that his method of fighting would not stop him in the long run. He just needed to get down the basics and tweak it later to make it even more suited to himself, though Crowtooth would be teaching the moves that suited the apprentices more anyways.

@Lightningpaw666 @Tallstar

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Bump Policy: Every 24 hrs, unless my mood is set to Busy.

[Bouncepaw]
Apprentice|6 moons|Windclan

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

Sure, this was a nice place, but not so much to be so excited over it. Bouncepaw closes his eyes, letting the wind whistle through his pelt. He sniffs, and feels calm with the scent of daffodils and summer flowers.

"No, I haven't ever trained in this." Bouncepaw meows, "Actually, I didn't even know running training existed."

In his mind, there was only three kinds of training: hunting, battle, and digging. But training to be a warrior was obviously much more arduous than he thought, if he even needed to train running. Bouncepaw added running and endurance to his old list of things to train. Was Daffodilpaw a good runner because she trained a lot? What other things were there to learn?

Myriads of thoughts race through his mind, but Bouncepaw doesn't bother saying them. Instead he copies Crowbreeze. He's shy at first, but the more he does it the more the bouncing from his kit days come back, and after a while he's jumping pretty high and stretching the best he can.

Tags:
@Luna16 /Daffodilpaw
@constellation /Crowbreeze

Last edited by Badwolf; Yesterday at 07:40 PM.
Old Today, 09:20 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaze View Post

♧ Owlpaw ♧
♧ The Huntress ♧

No Purrks
12/100

Aha! Target locked! Who exactly was her target? Why, it was Breezy of course! Here to teach her hunting! To save the day! So she can speedy be a warrior! The mottled molly immediately jerked into action, whipping around and skipping directly up to the twisted-pawed warrior she had grown to adore. Owlpaw's shoulder squared and her chest puffed up in excitement and pride that she could finally- FINALLY- catch lots and lots of preys for Breezy n Bigcat n newly befriended Jumper. Yippee! Eyes bright, The Huntress looked up with a pleased expression at Deadmoon. "Breezy!" She chirped gleefully, making the effort of attempting to give her a biiiiiiig hug. If the hug was received she would lean back on her haunches with a goofy grin.

"I wan' train with you! So I can catch lots n lots of prey for you! Cause? Cause your the best hunter n the whole clan! Maybe bettering Jump- Leechscar! He taught me how'ta smell! Without sneeze trees making me sneezy." A side-eye toward the galewood ensued before she directed her hearty attention back at Breezy, dropping into a playful bow, one standing ear perked up and her tail lashing. "Teach m' teach me! Please! I'll be reaaaal good, promise!" Owlpaw begged, as if she would actually listen and obey the brown molly if she was turned down. HA! In her dreams!! Owlpaw the Huntress couldn't be swayed that easily.

(EEEK sorry I'm so late on this!!)
Ah, there was the little rascal. Owlpaw came gamboling over to Deadmoon as the warrior hadn't necessarily expected but had hoped, and was greeted by a purr from the older molly. Hey kiddo! she mewed, ear twitching slightly at the nickname. Breezy. It still felt....something to be referred to as such. The only one she could really connect the word to was Breezefeather, or perhaps Snowybreeze, not herself. An honor, perhaps, to be however inadvertently given a connection to their former deputy, and her maybe-adopted-father. In any case Owlpaw seemed set on giving little monikers to everyone, and so there was no point in Deadmoon fighting her own.

Alas, this moment of contemplation was ended quite abruptly by a snort of amusement from Deadmoon at Owlpaw's praise of her hunting skills. The best hunter in the clan? Yeah, right! I think you might be a bit off there, I can't even chase rabbits. she explained, before hastening to add (she wanted the kid to still respect her, damn it) But I can hunt mice and the like pretty well, since they aren't as fast. Leechscar....she didn't know how good he was at rabbit chasing, actually, but he had to be decent seeing as he was from Twilightstar's stock. Whatever. Moving on. The first thing you need to practice is a hunting crouch, basically a sneaky position. Get your weight mostly on your hind legs so you can pounce, and make sure your tail isn't sticking up like a sign for all the rodents. They were the most basic instructions anyway. If Owlpaw preferred to learn from watching Deadmoon assumed her own crouch, her tail a bit lower than her hindquarters and her front paws extended a bit in front of her.