My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: ShadowClan Patrol Place

Mudslide
She, Her\Warrior\16 moons\Shadowclan
"I miss the yellow. I miss the yellin' and the shake downs."

Lybirds Lullaby [ACTIVE] Mind Reader [ACTIVE]

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

- - -
Mudslide padded in with thyme dangling from her jaws. She trotted up to the herbalist and twitch the edge of her muzzle in greeting. "Done." She rasped, flicking her blue gaze to her clanmates (who hopefully stayed close behind). "Five." She looked down at her own muzzle for a moment, her eyes gesturing to the herbs in her maw. She then gave Mossfreckle a respectful nod before dropping the herbs at his paws and quickly scattering off.

Magpiepaw
She, Her\Apprentice\11 moons\Shadowclan
"Why pick them when I can do it so much better?"

Purrks: Silvertonuge [ACTIVE] Kittysoftpaws [ACTIVE]

- - -
Welp, she'd certainly gotten more leaves in her pelt that she had originally expected (or liked) but that didn't matter at the moment! Plus, Magpiepaw was good at anything so if she had to give her pelt a quick groom then she would, she just didn't want to at the moment. She gave Foxfury a wide and uneven smile before dropping her berries at the paws of Mossfreckle. "All four jumpier berries. I would've gotten more but nature was being... Difficult. See ya around!"

Tags:
@ophelia // Foxfury
@elio // Mossfreckle

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!

Last edited by Marigoldwhisper; August 24th, 2024 at 09:08 PM.
Old August 25th, 2024, 02:35 AM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

[ @elio ]

FOXFURY

Foxfury followed behind her patrol mates, 2 juniper berry branches in tow.

[ +2 juniper branches (i will edit to link in the morning! ]

bump policy - 3 days
character bios | finder
Old August 25th, 2024, 04:52 PM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: every 3 days :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan enforcer | purrks ]
leading his group back to camp, rookfire silently hoped they would actually all arrive, activity had appeared to be a bit spotty and whilst he wasnt one to turn down a good show -that being punishment- he didnt really feel like disappointing mossfreckle because he couldnt keep an eye on his clanmates. stars, they had hopefully gathered some herbs, if they hadnt, rookfire thought he might have to commit a murder. like, quite honestly, if they had not done what they were told, they might as well stay away and just not come back to camp with the rest of them. no work? no earning your keep? too bad.
about halfway to camp, the enforcer slowed down a bit, letting pale paws move through grass and over pine needles and soil smoothly whilst giving thought to the fact that he would have to make this track a few more times after delivering his patrol mates and their finds to camp.

soon enough, the shadowy figures of rookfire and his patrol mates appeared at the mouth of camp, making their way around undergrowth and through thickets before their leader split from the group, briefly speeding up before coming to a halt by the command post and placing his first few herbs on the ground. seeking mossy hues with his own silver ones, rookfire suppressed a shudder at the odd warmth that bloomed in his chest and spread into every last bit of him, “i have some more stuff outside..i’ll be right back” he muttered, giving mossfreckle another unsure glance and proceeding to curse every bone in his body on the way back into the territory. he was a enforcer for stars sake! what was THAT when had he started mumbling to mossfreckle of all cats, mossfreckle who stood at a good half tail length smaller than him!
[ 6x lovage delivered ]

mindlessly shaking his head from side to side in disappointment of himself, rookfire eventually reached the stashed herbs, picking up another mouthful, that being 8 pieces of rosemary. the track back was filled with more thoughts about his own weird behaviour and even less attention payed to his surroundings. when rookfire reached camp, he quickly dropped the herbs in front of mossfreckle before turning and bounding out of camp once again.
[ 8x rosemary delivered ]

at the pile again, rookfire shifted the pretty rock, thoughts returning to mossfreckle before shaking the thought from his head, selecting the next eight plants and placing the rock back in its original place in the middle of the little stone and stick structure he had built. seven marigolds and one mushroom were held carefully, between sharp teeth, on the way back before being placed upon the ground once more, yet in camp this time and abandoned in order to leave camp again.
[ 7x marigold; 1x mushroom delivered ]

the next trip -stars had he really collected that much?- involved five mushrooms and three of the celandine he had secured to the soil via stone. he was pretty glad he had done so, trotting up to the stone structure, he only barely caught a stray leaf that had slipped out beneath its flat surface and been blown into the air by the wind. however, purely by comfort standards, rookfire enjoyed the wind, it was cool and made him feel a bit less like he was burning up, the combination of odd…embarrassment? with the mossfreckle situation and the sun burning down on his dark pelt had been quite distracting additionally to the brisk pace he had set to traverse back and forth between the territory and patrol place. like the other times before, rookfire left camp as fast as he had entered.
[ 5x mushroom; 3x celandine delivered ]

the rest of the celandine he picked up on his next trip, alongside five ladys mantle to start clearing out a few more at once. he wondered if there were any, or if there should be any, rules in place for collecting herbs together. perhaps you shouldnt gather a certain combination of herbs at once, or not store them close, carry them separately, he didnt know, and he probably would never know, unless he decided to actively keep an eye out for the next moons, searching for possibly nothing in the behaviour or dead plants. but that was truly rather silly, and the enforcer was too busy to keep an eye out for something so miniscule, on such a small scale (since he didnt really look at every single herb that went into the storage because why should he) either way. with the thought still lingering at the back of his mind, rookfire delivered his next batch of herbs before turning his back on camp once more.
[ 3x celandine; 5x ladys matle delivered ]

stars he was getting real bored slowly but surely, the remaining ladys matle and five of his six pieces of thyme travelled back to camp with him this time without anything special happening on the way. he did his best to keep his thoughts neutral and observe his surroundings instead of repeatedly thinking about the same thing and never getting to a conclusion. actually, if he should think about anything it ought to be the lack of cannibalism as of recent.
[ 3x ladys matle; 5x thyme delivered ]

rookfire was in and out of camp as quickly as the times before, avoiding the creeping discomfort of eyes on him, watching his every move as he exited and reentered camp in a more or less even rhythm as best he could. this was probably the last thing that should trigger this fear of being watched, he had done a lot more different, more embarrassing things than helping his clan for stars sake! second to last trip, if he had counted right, the last piece of thyme and all of the juniper berries he had gathered.
[ 1x thyme; 7x juniper berries delivered ]

last time he left camp, his steps were faltering once in a while, shoulder whispering quiet discontent with this amount of movement in the form of aches and seemingly random loss of tension in his muscles. only seven cobwebs, that was it. only seven cobwebs, seven cobwebs and..well, the rock. the smooth light grey rock, and its thin blue-grey line. he should leave it here, it had done its job, held the herbs in place for him and blessed his eyes for the time he had been shifting herbs between trips. now it was done. or was it.. with a sigh, rookfire resorted the cobwebs, fitting the stone in as well and carrying it back to camp without a specific plan for it. it did remind him of the butterfly he had given mossfreckle, he couldnt not think about the other tom, but he wouldnt admit that, not even to himself.
[ 7x cobwebs delivered ]

”’s all” rookfire stated, nodding down vaguely. with all the herbs delivered and now piled up by mossfreckles small paws, rookfires gaze fell on the stone again, he had picked it up without really thinking about it at first, and it was now sitting besides the cobwebs, rook paused to think for a moment before lifting his gaze to meet mossfreckles eyes again again, white tipped paw losely resting on the stones smooth grey surface.
“‘s err.. ‘didnt wanna leave it behind ya know? you can have it if you want-” the enforcer mumbled, nudging the special rock towards mossfreckle with one paw whilst pushing almost close enough to hide his face in the others neck, striped tail jerking from side to side, tension evident in his stance.

[ #rooksummer24 - gift a friend a rock. ]
[ total: 6x mushroom, 6x celandine, 8x ladys mantle, 6x thyme, 7x juniper berries, 7x cobwebs, 6x lovage, 8x rosemary, 7x marigold ]
[ @elio - mossy; @forest - foggymask; @Luminous - adderpaw; @sleepyyjax - darkleaf ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Old August 25th, 2024, 06:40 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever! 100% remind me after 72 hrs though!
My Mood: Angelic

Darkleaf
they/she - 56 moons

[cr: ferretfever]
It was hard not to ogle Rookfire's collection. How he had such skills in acquiring herbs, she'd never know. Such were the makings of an enforcer, she supposed. He was definitely a promising warrior.
With the looks of it, his stash would surely take at least 3 trips. She wondered whether she should offer her help, but thought better of it. Rookfire seemed the type to ask, he certainly wasn't shy.

Anyway, looks like her patrol mates had gathered enough marigold to cover her, thankfully. Still, the sum of all their work didn't look like much at all in comparison to Rookfire's. Darkleaf was ready to go almost instantly, herbs bundled into their mouth as they trotted towards the camp. This patrol had certainly been quiet, but at least it was efficient. They'd always prefer chatty and efficient, but hey, they'd rather solely efficient than solely chatty.

They were quick behind Rookfire, watching him drop his first bundle and mutter uncharacteristically. What was it with him and herbs? She suppressed a head tilt, as she watched from a distance and tried to get some kind of analysis on the goings-on, but ultimately failed. Once Rookfire had struck off after his stash, they moved closer, placing their herbs at the Medicine Cat's paws. "Hey Mossfreckle," the smiled politely, "4 mushrooms, and 1 cobweb." They paused, "fell a bit short on marigolds sorry - but I saw the other's carrying a few!" She'd like to thank Rookfire for the patrol, but she wasn't too sure he'd be back anytime soon, hopefully he woudn't think them impolite. Well, as long as the other two were following along, she could give them a small thanks.

4 Mushroom
1 Spiderweb
link

@elio
@alec
@Luminous
@forest

Last edited by sleepyyjax; August 25th, 2024 at 06:42 PM.