memento mori

Bump Policy: 2-3 Days
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Owlthroat
he/him | Shadowclan Warrior | 40 moons
Killer Aptitude T2 - Just A Scratch - Silver Tongue T1
The Dancing Bird
Owlthroat shook out his fur as he padded from the warrior’s den and spotted a familiar shape. Perhaps his old mentor had the same idea he did, escape the stuffiness and come for a breath of fresh air. These days, unless cold, he much preferred the open air. He found his paws automatically guiding themselves towards her.

”Darkleaf”, voice rolling off his tongue like honey. The tom hastily lowered his haunches down, the breeze felt warm and sweet on his tongue. Not quite sure of what to say to her, their relationship had been tumultuous. They had of course had to deal with his troublesome apprentice attitude, but he always found a sense of comfort within the older cat. Perhaps her guidance to this day had its claws sunk in deep.

”How’ve you been?” He cut to the chase, it was easy to be open with Darkleaf. Attributed to the seasons of hardship they’d survived side by side. But these days Owlthroat didn’t know his true nature anymore, some days too soft, some days too cold. It was an uncomfortably confusing mix and one which left those around him walking on ice. One moment cruel and cutting the next, belly exposed as a kit would. Perhaps taking on Tuftedtusk as a mate change him, but then again he could simply be getting old. Owlthroat wasn’t sure which version of him he preferred.

[​​ @sleepyyjax ]

Old Today, 03:38 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Bleedingpaw
Shadowclan Apprentice | He/Him | 7 Moons
Just a Scratch | Shadow Fiend

Apologies were.... Disturbing? But even Bleedingpaws first mother, Rosa could be soothed with apologies sometimes and she'd hated him. Quillpaw was confusing but Bleedingpaw would make that note: no more apologies to Quillpaw even if it felt like a recipe for disaster.

His older brother seemed to forgive him anyways so best not to linger on a topic that made him unhappy. Moving on.

The golden bengal kinda wilted at the suggestion, internally whining that he'd already thought of that but deeming it too disrespectful to say aloud. The apprentice swayed a bit, head bobbling oddly in his usual if bizarre and disturbing wobbly way, sadly admitting "I cant find someone else. Miss Brairsplash and Mr Pats have a hard time training me and theyre enforcers, I dont think any usual warrior would be helpful. Im able to learn the skills despite my disability!" Bleedingpaw was insistent on that point, determined to be useful and not a burden "But its.... harder and I gotta use 'altered methods' and practice tons. So today when theres no enforcer I know who can teach me something new 'it's best I practice what Ive been taught on my own rather then going to someone ill suited to teaching me who will ruin my progress'." A lot of the pretty bengals words were obvious parroting of one of the two enforcers who'd taken a personal interest in his progress but the point was clear nonetheless.

A bad teacher would do more damage to such a strange student then no teacher at all.

"Im still learning though! Its really cool, Mr Pats says its not normal but even he as enforcer commander finds me hard to hit in a spar because I dont fight like normal cats!"
Eager to show off the (currently) one thing that might make the sweet naive soft and disabled apprentice impressive Bleedingpaw feel into his battle stance, which frankly looked very little like one. It was wider, so he wasnt constantly falling over with every involuntary sway, and usually it'd make him easy to hit however.... He was not still in this stance. While usually warriors held their battle stance and only moved in reaction to dodge or attack Bleedingpaw was constantly in motion even when in 'wait'. Every twitch, every wobble, every move to counter balance himself took him in a completely unpredictable direction and movement making it very hard to predict where to lash out to even hit him.

It wasnt a perfect method and he perhaps would never be among the best of fighters but, as Bleedingpaw flashed out with a paw in a swipe against some random leaf, shredding it, it was better then could be predicted from him.
"What do you think Quillpaw? Kinda cool right!!!"

@furrensic (oops sorry my mistake on the pronouns!)

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!