Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Smallpines
by BEAR.
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 03:07 AM
One Word Stories!
by Myling
Today 03:05 AM
Shell training (P!)
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 02:37 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 02:28 AM
The daffodil starts to...
Last post by HerbalTea
Today 02:23 AM

Old August 4th, 2024, 05:17 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Mysterious

Default teach me the ways of the underworld [p]

Lichenpaw
~<>~
16 moons || she/her || WindClan apprentice || honed skill [INACTIVE]
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

Ok, so she's assessment ready, yes, but Crowtooth had told her not to rush things, that she still had a little time before they really had to start pushing things, and Lichenpaw chose to take him up on that. Besides, though she wasn't formally a tunneler apprentice, and she had no plans to go through with the full training for that as it would likely take another six moons, there was nothing stopping her from at least learning the basics.

Spotting him around camp, the calico approaches him with ease and a wave of her tail. "Crowtooth, I was wondering if you might be open to teaching me a little about tunneling? Just the basics is fine, I want to be able to help in the event we need to use them urgently." She has no reason to think he won't agree, he's given no indication that he's against her going into the tunnels. Besides, Lichenpaw thinks she's probably about the right size to fit in them - small in stature and scrawny and all that.

[ @Rani ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old Today, 01:07 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: teach me the ways of the underworld [p]

Crowtooth
Windclan Deputy | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The prey pile was honestly pitiful, now that he was deputy could Crowtooth get away with popping the heads off of cats who didnt complete them like they should? No one took it seriously when he was just a fury evident by the lack of completion but now maybe.....

Oh, hey Lichenpaw.

Head cocking at the mollys question a pleased curl appeared on his tail as the apprentice asked, always happy to teach and ramble on his special interest, though he had to ask. "Just wanna make sure ya dont feel ya need ta know this just 'cuz yer my apprentice. Tunnelin' is.... hard an' scary an' theres even really experienced strong warriors who cant hack it. I mean Wolffang had freak outs down there so knowin' it just ta know is good but a real desire fer it helps fight that fear." And that wasnt even mentioning Leechscars reaction to his mandatory lessons....

Still, passion wasnt necessary and just helped so whatever Lichenpaw deemed the tom nodded and padded away, flicking a tail in indication to follow as he begun his ramble.

"Right so theres more ta it but fer ya if ya aint interested in bein' a full tunneler yer only gonna need ta know navigation an' the diggin' part o' tunnelin'. So lets get yer senses down before we're in pitch black.

First: Yer gonna be blind as a bat so yer gonna rely on different senses then yer used ta.

Yer whiskers are a godsend, use 'em. Ya cant see roots or rocks or the turns o' the tunnels so keep yer head down an' stretched out an' whiskers brushin' the ground or wall so they'll feel thin's comin' before they hit yer paws. Get good an' ya can even trot wit'out fallin' usin' this.

Hearin'. Now sounds can be deceptive. Rushin' water (which is a death sentence down there) can sound just the same as wind an' sounds tend ta echo. However listenin' for creatures movin' can guide ya ta a warren ta hunt or warn ya if a predator is comin'. Plus if ya chirp loudly ya can tell some info by how it sounds. Muffled an' yer facin' a wall or the path dead ends, hollow or echoy an' the tunnel goes onward.

Finally yer main one, scent. Scent dont really flow or fade down there wit' no wind ta move or wipe it clean. It sticks an' stays fer awhile so if ya smell somethin' dont trust its as fresh as it seems.

However I abuse that. I an' all tunnelers I instruct mark the right wall as they go inta the tunnels, so if ya find anyone's mark an' wanna get out make sure its on yer left an' eventually it'll take ya too an exit.

Scents's still useful though, if ya smell wet/damp run as water (again, dangerous) is in the area, the moor an' an exit is nearby, rabbit an' theres likely rabbit, predator scents linger too so identifyin' aint too hard unlike above where it can be muddled."

Reaching the tunnel entrance and lifting the mat of heather that covered it Crowtooth exposed the deep to light, giving Lichenpaw a view of what she'd be going into. This would be the last chance she had to back out before going in because a panic attack down there would be far worse then a little bit of embarrassment up here.

"Whenever ya got that an' are ready head on in ta start gettin' used ta it. Ill be on yer tail."

@Neptune.