Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
spooky scary stories send...
by wolfie
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 11:31 AM
Arrest The Person Above...
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 11:27 AM
Abandoned Twoleg Den (All...
Last post by burntToast
Today 11:22 AM
Word Association
Last post by Honey Bee
Today 11:21 AM

Old August 11th, 2024, 08:07 PM
Pfp by @/Dolomedes!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Crouch & Pounce: Land Hunting Training (Apprentice Training)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaze View Post

♤ Goldfish ♤
♤The Ace of Spades♤
Go With The Flow | Agatha Kitty | Primal Instincts [Climbing]

The tortoiseshell, head swiveling to each apprentice as they padded up, let out a content huff as the other two lionhearts padded up, then cleared her throat. Alright, they had enough cats now, it seemed. Enough apprentices. Blinking her golden hues as she sorted groups in her mind, eventually came to a conclusion of her inner ponders. "All right, seems we got enough apprentices now. Group Blue will be with me, Group Yellow with Brokenstream, and Group Red with Caveclaw." Goldfish began, nodding at each teacher, herself included, in case the apprentices weren't aware of who was who. Mentally finalizing the groups, she allowed her voice to ring clear around the mountain camp.

"Group Blue will consist of Marigoldpaw, Grimpaw, Softpaw, amd Beaverpaw. [ @Marigoldwhisper @Goopysharkboi @SilverChrome_Hwaa @/Idiotic.Bean101]

"Group Yellow will be Baneberrypaw, Smolderpaw, Rainingpaw, and Aspenpaw. [ @/Blaaze @Omari @Yoshodo @burntToast]

"And last but certainly not least, Group Red will be Moonpaw, Sneezepaw, Ravenpaw, and Salamanderpaw. [ @/Goopysharkboi @rubberRatroom @Luna16 ]"

Goldfish then paused for breath, pleased at the fact that there were 12 apprentices which would make teams even. Uneven teams would be unpleasant to say the least. To say the most? Would make some teams have a lesser chance which may lower hunting morale for the apps in the future. Padding briefly off to the side, Goldfish waited for her group to show up before she could begin teaching them and then the competition could begin.

Marigoldpaw
She, Her\Appretice\9 moons\Riverclan
"There will come a poet whose weapon is his word."

Purrks: Dreamwalker [ACTIVE] Chill of Death [ACTIVE]

- - -
The apprentice was absolutely delighted to be paired up with her mentor as long as a few new cats she didn't recognize. New faces, new friends. She flashed Aspenpaw a quick smile before scrambling off to her own group.

(Short post, really sorry lol)

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Moonpaw and Grimpaw both smugly grinned as they ran to their respective groups
#RedGroup
#YellowGroup
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Caveclaw-She/They
27 Moons

LionHeart

-------------------

All four were present, good.
She gave a short nod to Ravenpaw as she said 'hey again'.

The other two were quiet, Moonpaw and Sneezepaw.
Salamanderpaw was not quiet.
And got very close.

"I'll teach you how to hunt." Caveclaw said without moving "The rest will be up to you four, but I will make sure you know what you're doing."

The lykoi mix stood up before going into the hunting crouch.
"This is the hunting crouch. Imitate it while I talk." She explained "Your tail cannot be too high or low while land-hunting. You'll creep toward your prey silently, before pouncing. Make sure to stay downwind, so the prey won't smell you. Downwind is the direction the wind is blowing."

@nyme - @rubberRatroom - @Luna16 - @Goopysharkboi

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan)
Old Today, 02:25 AM

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiotic.Bean101 View Post

Caveclaw-She/They
27 Moons

LionHeart

-------------------

And got very close.

"I'll teach you how to hunt." Caveclaw said without moving "The rest will be up to you four, but I will make sure you know what you're doing."

"This is the hunting crouch. Imitate it while I talk." She explained "Your tail cannot be too high or low while land-hunting. You'll creep toward your prey silently, before pouncing. Make sure to stay downwind, so the prey won't smell you. Downwind is the direction the wind is blowing."

Moonpaw copied Caveclaw, her tail at a good height and face directly being blown at by the wind.
Old Today, 07:03 AM
Soon I'll be 15 years old

Bump Policy: 24 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

♤ Goldfish ♤
♤The Ace of Spades♤

As cats scampered off to their designated groups, Goldfish realized one apprentice hadn't been sorted. Oh, dear! So with a tad bit of embarrassment she faced her, somehow keeping a straight serious face and not laughing at her own mistake. Adults was hard and never got easier. Clearing her throat, she offered Rainpaw a tiny smile, cracking her serious expression. "No worries, Rainpaw! Since I don't see Softpaw you can join my team," After a brief pause she noticed Grimpaw going to the wrong group. "Hey uh, Grimpaw! You're over here, bud." The Lionheart called to him. Other than that all of her apprentices were here and ready to start their lesson. So with a miniature chuff of amusement she stepped back so her group could see her and have space to try out hunting.

Looking around the rocky camp, Goldfish would spot a fair sized pebble and bat it over to where she was sitting. Perfect for practice. Now she would begin. "All right, apprentices! I hope you're ready." a small smirk. "First things first we're going to want to do the hunting crouch. When doing so you'll croch down like you would if you were just about to lie down. Stick your tail straight out behind you so it doesn't make any sound dragging on the gtound- and don't lash it! If you're just crouching, lean more weight onto your forepaws than hindpaws so its easier to walk in this position without falling. You want your whole body to be even and belly fur, if at all, scarcely touching the ground." As she was speaking Goldfish was simultaneously demonstrating the proper form, walking back and forth in this crouch so the group could get a feel of what stature was proper. After each apprentice would try the crouch, The Ace of Spades would move on.

"Next we'll be working on your pounce. So you would stalk over to your prey, slowly mind you-- and when you got close enough you would Pounce. When pouncing you're going to want to put all your weight on your hind legs, scrunch and lean back, then pounce!" To demonstrate, Goldfish did so and jumped atop the pebble she had placed earlier. "Righto, let's see what you folks got."

Goldfish Is one of Riverclan’s Lionhearts!
She is Open to Apprentice Training and Plot ideas!

isla, Alec, Bean, phantom, Morrigan, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>
Staff Sign?

Last edited by Blaaze; Today at 07:03 AM.
Old Today, 07:14 AM
Soon I'll be 15 years old

Bump Policy: 24 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼
Smolderpaw
Riverclan
He/him

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼
“Baneberrypaw–yeah, you’re right. Super cool an’ awesome an’ stuff.” The young tom grinned and leaned against his sister’s shoulder–he could keep himself up on his own four paws no problem, but he liked messing with his siblings whenever it was possible. “Mm, no. This’ll be my first bonafide training experience–isn’t that cool? Having our first training experience together? We’re so cool.”

And with that, groups had been called. Thankfully he had been placed in the same group with his sister, that group being yellow. While he had no issue with playing against his siblings, he preferred to work as a team! Unless it was with Emberpaw. The pair really liked to knock heads, so a competition between them would certainly be legendary!

The dark furred tom headed on over to where the rest of the group was to gather, noting that Aspenpaw was already there, excitably babbling out questions. It would have been irritating, too, if he wasn’t wondering the same exact things…

[ @Blaaze - Baney, @burntToast - Aspenpaw, @Yoshdo - Rainingpaw, @TanghuluCat - Brokenstream ]
✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

◇ Baneberrypaw ◇
◇ The Storyteller ◇
Purrks: None
At Smolderpaw's response, The Storyteller grinned at him, eyes bright with delight. His unexpected lean nearly made her fall over, and Baneberrypaw's grin widened before letting out a soft, teasing chuff back at him and meeting his weight with her own lean. "Yeah it'll be awesome! Take that, uh... the rest of us! We'll be the best hunters!" the tortoiseshell purred, thinking of their other siblings. Groups were then announced, and Bane looked around. Yellow! She liked the color yellow. Very sunshine, very bright, very cheerful. It reminded her of her current mood, and how no anxiety could bit her when she had her siblings nearby. The constant companionship and shuffles from when they were outsiders had left her clingy and with a constant desire to be around them.

Smolderpaw then stopped leaning and walked over to their group, so The Storyteller quickly repositioned and skipped after him, stumbling a bit from lack of form. Questions were being asked, which was relieving and helpful as it meant Bane didn't have to ask them herself. Thank you for that, uhm... who was he again? Oh! Yes! Aspenpaw. The Spotted feline listened silently, thoughtfully, and awaited further instructions.

Goldfish Is one of Riverclan’s Lionhearts!
She is Open to Apprentice Training and Plot ideas!

isla, Alec, Bean, phantom, Morrigan, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>
Staff Sign?

Old Today, 07:40 AM
I WANT MY BAGELS TvT

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:

♤ Goldfish ♤
♤The Ace of Spades♤

As cats scampered off to their designated groups, Goldfish realized one apprentice hadn't been sorted. Oh, dear! So with a tad bit of embarrassment she faced her, somehow keeping a straight serious face and not laughing at her own mistake. Adults was hard and never got easier. Clearing her throat, she offered Rainpaw a tiny smile, cracking her serious expression. "No worries, Rainpaw! Since I don't see Softpaw you can join my team," After a brief pause she noticed Grimpaw going to the wrong group. "Hey uh, Grimpaw! You're over here, bud." The Lionheart called to him. Other than that all of her apprentices were here and ready to start their lesson. So with a miniature chuff of amusement she stepped back so her group could see her and have space to try out hunting.

Looking around the rocky camp, Goldfish would spot a fair sized pebble and bat it over to where she was sitting. Perfect for practice. Now she would begin. "All right, apprentices! I hope you're ready." a small smirk. "First things first we're going to want to do the hunting crouch. When doing so you'll croch down like you would if you were just about to lie down. Stick your tail straight out behind you so it doesn't make any sound dragging on the gtound- and don't lash it! If you're just crouching, lean more weight onto your forepaws than hindpaws so its easier to walk in this position without falling. You want your whole body to be even and belly fur, if at all, scarcely touching the ground." As she was speaking Goldfish was simultaneously demonstrating the proper form, walking back and forth in this crouch so the group could get a feel of what stature was proper. After each apprentice would try the crouch, The Ace of Spades would move on.

"Next we'll be working on your pounce. So you would stalk over to your prey, slowly mind you-- and when you got close enough you would Pounce. When pouncing you're going to want to put all your weight on your hind legs, scrunch and lean back, then pounce!" To demonstrate, Goldfish did so and jumped atop the pebble she had placed earlier. "Righto, let's see what you folks got."
Softpaw raced over, coming from the medicine den. "Sorry! I had to help Berrypaw with something..." Softpaw trailed off as she heard the Lionheart replacing her. "Oh..." Softpaw meowed gently, her green hues rounding with worry. Did she make the lionheart mad? She wasn't even late the groups had just been called...... a-and she was doing a good thing!! Softpaw looked between them, should she start the crouch? She'd been replaced did this mean she had to leave? Softpaw internally panicked as she looked around.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here"

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old Today, 09:28 AM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiotic.Bean101 View Post

Caveclaw-She/They
27 Moons

LionHeart

-------------------

And got very close.

Ravenpaw l RiverClan Apprentice l she/her
Ravenpaw nodded, her tail waving excitedly behind her. Her gaze became more serious as Caveclaw continued. Ravenpaw forced her tail to be still and her fur to relax as she positioned herself in a crouch as close to what Caveclaw was demonstrating. She corrected her tail as instructed, struggling to keep her tail high enough that her long fur didn’t brush the ground without holding it too high. When she thought she had it, she looked over at Caveclaw. Awaiting corrections and further instructions.

Quote:

♤ Goldfish ♤
♤The Ace of Spades♤

Rainpaw
Rainpaw smiled, relieved that she would be joining Goldfish’s group and wouldn’t have to introduce herself to a different Lionheart. She was also a little relieved to not be in Ravenpaw’s group. She didn’t want to feel like she was competing with her sister.

As Goldfish described the crouch, Rainpaw followed her instructions. She crouched down with her tail straight behind her, lifting it just slightly higher to keep her long fur from dragging on the ground. She made sure her belly fur was just lightly brushing the ground like Goldfish had said, but she quickly realized she wasn’t able to crouch down as low as her shorter-furred denmates. Her whiskers twitched with concern, she hoped that would be okay. She shifted her weight into her forepaws like Goldfish advised, turning her ears to listen to the next set of instructions.

She nodded in acknowledgement, and slowly started to creep forward. Keeping her eyes trained on the pebble. She waited until she was closer, leaned her weight back, and launched herself forward towards the pebble. Her paws slapped down the ground just a little farther than the pebble. Disappointed, she rose to her paws and moved over so the next apprentice could try, her tail now drooping.

Daffodilpaw - Agatha Kitty [ACTIVE]/Heightened Perception (smell) [ACTIVE] - WindClan Apprentice
Heathernose; Rabbitfur - WindClan Warrior
Rainpaw; Ravenpaw - RiverClan Apprentice
Irisdream - RiverClan Warrior
Hemlockleaf; Embercloud - ShadowClan Warrior
Strawberryfur; Sunnystreak; Acornfall - ThunderClan Warrior