Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaze View Post

♧ Owlpaw ♧
♧ The Huntress ♧

No Purrks
5/100

"I'm just a girl, oh, little old me
Well, don't let me out of your sight!"

An unsophisticated transportation method of skipping took place as Owlpaw approached the galewood. She was hyped! Because this meeting she was an apprentice! And she had already gone training with Jumper, yippee! A territory tour! The Huntress lived in a cotton house of sunshine walls and glass rooftops, where she could watch the rain and feel the warmth of life on here cinnamon spine. Immune to pain, unable to feel the stabbing violence of her enemies. Her youth was a gift, her Optimism a token of the fearless kitten who had become... a bigger kitten. No matter! Soon she would be large and a warrior. Eventually. Soon!!

So as she walked and the sunshine followed in quick pursuit, Owlpaw couldn't help but notice the sober mood of the meeting. The downcast eyes of many around her, one particular cat especially. Peaking at this.. tearstained warrior, the mottled apprentice blinked in mild confusion. More death? Sadness? Was Bigcat alright, and Breezy? Jumper was too stoic for her to feel alarmed about, he was probably fine. Jumper seemingly felt no sadness, Owlpaw was certain. Her green blue eyes looked directly at the cat she didn't know. "Smile, nobody needs'ta be sad. Just cause.. i dunno. No hurtin, smile!" She chirped, oblivious to the death and pain of other cats. The Huntress was only concerned about them not being sad, not why they were sad,

"When ya cry, other cats cry, n when ev'rybody cries im s'pposed to cry, n I don't cry!" Her voice gained a sharp, protesting tone, as Owlpaw hadn't cried.. since she became the throniest cat in Windclan (a world record she worshipped and boasted about if asked about thorns) when she was just a little kit. The young apprentices had grown wayyyy too much since then. Her paws seemed to shrink, but in Reality it was just her growing bigger. Soon she would be bigger than Jumper! In theory!

Maplemist observed the young apprentice bounding towards her with the exuberance only youth could muster. Owlpaw’s bright eyes, full of optimism and unburdened by the weight of the world, were a stark contrast to the sorrow that still lingered in Maplemist’s heart. The apprentice’s words, a jumble of cheer and confusion, spilled out with the kind of unfiltered innocence that could only belong to one so young. “Smile, nobody needs'ta be sad… When ya cry, other cats cry…”

Maplemist felt a small, bittersweet smile tug at the corners of her mouth. The simplicity of Owlpaw’s world, where sadness could be banished with a smile and tears were a distant memory, was something she almost envied. But Maplemist knew better. Sadness was a part of life, as natural as the changing of the seasons, and she had long since accepted it, even embraced it. Tears, in their own way, were a release—an acknowledgment of the deep love and loss that colored the world in shades of both light and dark.

She appreciated Owlpaw’s concern, however naïve it might be. The apprentice’s chirped reassurances were like a small, warm beam of sunshine breaking through the clouds of Maplemist’s grief. It was a reminder that life went on, that even in the midst of sorrow, there was still room for joy and laughter. Maplemist didn’t begrudge Owlpaw her innocence; she treasured it, knowing that one day, the apprentice would understand that sadness was not something to be feared or avoided, but something to be felt and honored.

With a gentle nod, Maplemist let the smile fully form on her face, a small gesture to show Owlpaw that she understood. “Thank you, Owlpaw,” she whispered, her voice soft but steady. “You’re right—there’s always a reason to smile, even when we’re sad. But it’s okay to feel the sadness too. It means we care.”

Maplemist hoped that her words would be a seed planted in the young apprentice’s heart, one that would grow with time and experience. For now, though, she was content to let Owlpaw live in her bright, sunlit world, untouched by the shadows that sometimes fell over WindClan. There was no need to rush the inevitable lessons that life would eventually teach.

The true secret of happiness
lies in taking a genuine interest
in all the details of daily life.

Old Today, 11:14 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: WindClan Galewood

Deadmoon was feeling marginally more put together than the last meeting, though that mostly meant she had groomed herself the night before rather than some unknown time in the past moon. It was something, and with her you really had to take what you could get. She was somewhat late to arrive at the meeting, and initially had made her way in the direction of Owlpaw before realizing that the new apprentice was busy in conversation with Maplemist. The young molly was enthusiastic as always, all attention focused on the somewhat droopy warrior. So someone else was suffering, then. And Hawkfur and Crowtooth she supposed, what with Bravebird's death and all. She hadn't been close to either of them or the dead fury, but she was aware of their grief albeit unable to muster up any energy to care.

Seeing as Snowybreeze hadn't arrived yet and Owlpaw was busy glomping someone else, Deadmoon decided to make her way over to Vinepaw instead. If nothing else, it would make her feel like she had a friend, someone to lean on, however false that might be. It was fine, she didn't NEED anyone, but it was nice to pretend she had another buddy. Hey Vinepaw. she mewed, a bit too caught up in herself to notice any discomfort about his face. Any guesses what Twilightstar's got in store for us today? Maybe it was the deputy announcement they were all waiting for, but she'd expected that moons ago so......who knew, really? @Tallstar
Old Today, 11:38 AM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Mysterious

Amberbone And Warmsun Trotted Over.
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73901
Old Today, 01:03 PM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Cry View Post
"Oomph!" Maplekit mewed as maggotkit used her as a pillow. "Hi maggotkit! And uh, why are you on me?" The kit asked. (Sorry for short post.)
ALL I EVER WANTED
WAS TO BE OF WILDFLOWERS
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ❀ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MAGGOTKIT . 5 MOONS . IT/ITS . WINDCLAN

"Shut up," Maggotkit mumbles to its new nest-cat. "'m cold. Sleepy. Don't care about'a late meeting. I'm gonna sleep right here."

Sure, it doesn't even need to be out here to begin with (no older cat would fault a kitten for staying in the nursery through something like this—grief is too heavy in many hearts tonight and matters of far greater importance are being prioritized) but it's out here now anyway and sleeping on its mother's feet is no longer an option...so Maplekit is the alternative.

"So just shoosh." It repeats drowsily.

gravelly waypoint
Old Today, 01:19 PM

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyme View Post
ALL I EVER WANTED
WAS TO BE OF WILDFLOWERS
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ❀ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MAGGOTKIT . 5 MOONS . IT/ITS . WINDCLAN

"Shut up," Maggotkit mumbles to its new nest-cat. "'m cold. Sleepy. Don't care about'a late meeting. I'm gonna sleep right here."

Sure, it doesn't even need to be out here to begin with (no older cat would fault a kitten for staying in the nursery through something like this—grief is too heavy in many hearts tonight and matters of far greater importance are being prioritized) but it's out here now anyway and sleeping on its mother's feet is no longer an option...so Maplekit is the alternative.

"So just shoosh." It repeats drowsily.

"Uh, okay." Maplekit whispered as maggotkit fell asleep. She wondered if this is what it felt like having friends. "I wonder what the meeting is for." She wondered.
Old Today, 01:44 PM
Soon I'll be 15 years old

Bump Policy: 24 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora View Post

Maplemist observed the young apprentice bounding towards her with the exuberance only youth could muster. Owlpaw’s bright eyes, full of optimism and unburdened by the weight of the world, were a stark contrast to the sorrow that still lingered in Maplemist’s heart. The apprentice’s words, a jumble of cheer and confusion, spilled out with the kind of unfiltered innocence that could only belong to one so young. “Smile, nobody needs'ta be sad… When ya cry, other cats cry…”

Maplemist felt a small, bittersweet smile tug at the corners of her mouth. The simplicity of Owlpaw’s world, where sadness could be banished with a smile and tears were a distant memory, was something she almost envied. But Maplemist knew better. Sadness was a part of life, as natural as the changing of the seasons, and she had long since accepted it, even embraced it. Tears, in their own way, were a release—an acknowledgment of the deep love and loss that colored the world in shades of both light and dark.

She appreciated Owlpaw’s concern, however naïve it might be. The apprentice’s chirped reassurances were like a small, warm beam of sunshine breaking through the clouds of Maplemist’s grief. It was a reminder that life went on, that even in the midst of sorrow, there was still room for joy and laughter. Maplemist didn’t begrudge Owlpaw her innocence; she treasured it, knowing that one day, the apprentice would understand that sadness was not something to be feared or avoided, but something to be felt and honored.

With a gentle nod, Maplemist let the smile fully form on her face, a small gesture to show Owlpaw that she understood. “Thank you, Owlpaw,” she whispered, her voice soft but steady. “You’re right—there’s always a reason to smile, even when we’re sad. But it’s okay to feel the sadness too. It means we care.”

Maplemist hoped that her words would be a seed planted in the young apprentice’s heart, one that would grow with time and experience. For now, though, she was content to let Owlpaw live in her bright, sunlit world, untouched by the shadows that sometimes fell over WindClan. There was no need to rush the inevitable lessons that life would eventually teach.

♧ Owlpaw ♧
♧ The Huntress ♧

No Purrks
7/100

Owlpaw listened thoughtfully as Maplemist spoke, or she looked the part at least. In reality she had no thoughts head empty. Shaking her head to focus once more, The Huntress simply shrugged and smiled cheerily. As she didn't know the warriors name, the mottled apprentice moved on to a new topic- naming. Being the scatterbrained cat she was, Owlpaw went through a wide range of names quite quickly. Well, she was sad, and she had a lovely sounding voice, so clearly mockingbird was a good option. But it didn't stick so she moved on through multiple songbird names before settling on one. "Whatever ya say Kingfish'r!" she responded cheerfully, looking over to see Breezy conversing with Vinepaw. Oh well. Her attention quickly directed back to the depressed appearing cat beside her.

"M'Name's Owlpaw! Butcha know that. I joined Windcl'n when I was foooouuur moons old n Bigc- Twil'ghtstar n I killed n owl!" An obvious attempt to be glorified. Bigcat had rescued her from the owl. But being the cat she was, The Huntress reaaaally wanted the attention so she ignored that fact and chattered on like a warbler. "Dunno lotsa cats names so I like ta name em! Like Twil'ghtstar named me Owlkit! M' friends call me Aubs. I was Auburn. M'.." How did she view Breezy? She had almost called her Mama. Deadmoon wasn't mama! Aubs had a mama! Except she was dead. Was Breezy like mama? To her?

..yes. yes, that was right. Breezy was a mother figure to her. She had noticed that at her apprentice ceremony. "M' Mamas over there, she's Breezy! Deadmoon, but Breezy! N I guess Bigcats somethin' I dunno. That up there! Bigcat!" Owlpaw pointed with one paw up at Twilightstar. "N m' mentor's Jumper! Over there. Grumpy but so cool! Got a scar on his chest like I got on my face!" Breathless now, she looked expectantly at Maplemist. What about her family? Although Aubs had no family left, she had found her kin. The Huntress wasn't alone.

Goldfish Is one of Riverclan’s Lionhearts!
She is Open to Apprentice Training and Plot ideas!

isla, Alec, Bean, phantom, Morrigan, Dolomedes, Marigoldwhisper, and iliri all reside in here. They will never escape :>
Staff Sign?