Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Outskirts Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Queen of Mothers...
Last post by Crazyy_wildcard
Today 04:13 PM
A Rock & A Hard Place...
by squidz
Last post by Luna16
Today 04:10 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by furrensic
Today 04:02 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Today 03:54 PM
Word Association
Last post by Aolani
Today 03:50 PM

Old Today, 01:19 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: In Our Homes We'll Burn [ EVENT - OPEN TO ALL ]

Rhiannon
Kittypet Queen | She/Her

Though the distant fog of her thoughts, the ringing in her ears, Rhiannons heart broke at her babies frightened wails. Ginger had been so strong, so brave in this time despite even her mother wanting to break down and fall apart from all the horror around them, but all had its limit and without the stakes of adrenaline it was ever harder to hold on. At least this was the case for Rhiannon, drifting in and out of consciousness slumped on hard ground as the screaming of her shoulder and chest drowned out all else.

She wanted to be strong enough to protect her child, to tuck Ginger against her white belly fur and reassure her all was alright like she had through thunderstorm and dog barks outside, but helpless right now all the mother could do was watch through foggy barely stilted eyes as Eagle came to the rescue she couldnt.

Helpless. Helpless as she felt herself move, distantly saw Rowan and Fog rush out of the healing den at the sight of their mothers condition, saw them press up against Ginger to reassure the two mollies their sister wasnt dead, saw them press against her uninjured flank to fearfully watch Eaglepaw work.

Then her pains suddenly felt all the more loud. Letting out a weak whine as the water washed over the raw wounds on her shoulder and chest the queen still couldnt find the strength to move, simply laying limply as it eventually helped some of the pain. It was weird, she was out of the fire finally but still felt the horrible heat on her pelt and inside her like the blaze remained. Her lungs felt no better, rasping and wheezing with every pained breath as she forever hovered on the edge of consciousness.

Would that she could slip away to peaceful dreams of her kittens in happier times, then dwell in limbo of the cruel reality. At least the approaching sound of Nathaniels voice made things slightly better.

Nathaniel
Kittypet Healer | He/him | Dreamwalker | Silver Tongue

The tom that ducked into the den and relaxed at the sight of the rest of his family looked much better then his mate laying on the ground, though perhaps that was balanced for how bad Snowdrop was. Snakeheart was a bit overexerted and limping, well aware blisters would soon form on his overheated paws, and patches of fur and whiskers were singed but otherwise untouched owing to Rushwaters rescue.

Snowdrop had not been so lucky.
A burn along her upper thigh and scattered singed spots from stray embers were bad enough, able to be healed but more pain then any father would want for his daughter. But her eyes. The burning wood had hit her full across the face, right on her open eyes and the blow would have done enough damage on its own except.... The fire lacing the beam was the death knell of Snowdrops vision.

The healer had known all manner of blindness and impairment, and the sick feeling in his throat was the byproduct of the fact that he knew keeping her eyes was the best case scenario.

No, no he couldnt focus on that, he needed to act not think and dwell and mourn over his injured child and wife, because he was not the one whos pain mattered.

The tom gently placed Snowdrop down in a nest, tail flicking out to stop Fog and Rowan from leaping on their sister in excitement and corralled them back to where they'd been huddling before before turning to face the others.

"Ginger I am so glad to see you safe honey I- Im sure you did amazing helping your Mom get here she can tell me all about you being brave later but can you help me by being brave now for me?

We need comfrey for these burns, I taught you that herb on our outing remember? Theres a patch near the willow tree in the park, can you take Eaglepaw to get some for me? Oh and Eagle I need burnet too, small green soft ridged leaves with a dark pink bloom.

W-when you get back Eagle if youre able Im going to need your help with Snowdrop." Starclan his baby, he was going to have to operate on his baby for the chance to keep sightless eyes "I saw Rushwater in the thick of it and he was fine but with everything Im trusting little to stay 'fine' right now. So hurry please."

This was easier to do when it wasnt his kin and family Snakeheart remembered. As hard as treating his clanmates was at times this was worse and the tom could feel that much hated mask of cold unwavering strength slipping on, even as once again his heart started wailing. There'd be no more weakness or hesitation in his expression anymore though, no room for the cats relying on him to think he'd not be able to heal this, and that was the point.

As Ginger and Eagle got going (because there was no room for disobedience of instructions) the tom turned to Fog and Rowan, who were watching wide eyed and shaking, tearing up as they realized how dire things were for their mother and sister and issued more orders while washing the soot off of himself in the river.
"As much soaked moss as you can. Now. Avoid her injuries but keep squeezing it over your Mother until shes soaked, she needs to be cooled down now as much as possible."

Heatstroke was generally a sun related issue but could occur in fires too Snakeheart supposed, trying to recall what treatments he could for cats who came in to the medicine cats den overheated. The treatment he'd used was mainly just herbs for the shock and then instructing them to sit in cattail pond, drinking intermittently and partially explained his own dip, a preventative measure just in case the tom was suffering the same effects. Though mostly it was hygiene, an attempt to not sow infection into Snowdrops eyes from his own paws while he tried to save her, and the tom snagged some wet moss of his own as the other two kittens scrambled silently to get to work.

[+3 Soaked Moss
-2 poppyseeds -1 chamomile -1 juniper
-2 poppyseeds -1 chamomile -2 juniper]

Rifling through his store and wincing at the state of it knowing just what he'd be getting into soon with a limited supply and put together two bunches of herbs, hesitating for a moment as he wondered if two whole poppyseeds was too much for a kit but.... But shock was a real issue, even with one seed and chamomile given the severity of the injuries and the amount of pain Snowdrop must be in... No, he wasnt going to risk his baby be suffering anymore then she already was so, after gently soothing the steadily more soaked Rhiannon and feeding her her batch of herbs (with more juniper for her ill breathing) he brought the other bundle to the kitten.

"Hey Snowdrop, hey baby, we're at Caduceus Place we're safe now. Im- Im gonna do my best to heal you now but you need to eat some herbs for me, here open your mouth- there you go Ill help you swallow.

Its poppyseed to help you sleep and take away the pain and that shaky feeling, chamomile to help you feel better in your heart and mind, and juniper which should easy that horrible smokey throat. I know I know, tastes horrible so I have some moss here for you drink slow... there you go. Your Mom and Ginger got out so we're all safe now and Im sure uncle Rushwater is going to be bringing some more cats for me to heal soon, that ridiculous champion right? Ill have to tell you all about the healing once you wake, youre missing the fun, though I-"
Did his talking help? Was Snowdrop even able to understand it or respond? Snakeheart didnt know even before he started his speech but did so anyways, desperate to calm his daughter in any way possible and so would speak gentle nothings until the poppyseeds took effect and she slipped away. Even if her reactions to swallow were only instinctive and he got no reply he'd continue, gentle cleaning her fur and soaking the white strands to cool her off, blotting around her eyes as gently as he could.

Though it didnt feel like enough, not at all.

[-3 soaked moss]

@Mica @Estelle @Morrigan (For my own sanity Im counting the juniper and celadine Im planning to have be collecting on the family outing as in my store, Ill do totals later to make sure we break even. This means as Nate would teach the kids comfrey on the trip though fail to find it Ginger would recognize it so feel free to act as such)

Rhiannon Wounds:
Heatstroke: Addressed w/ soaked moss
Chest/shoulder burn: Needs comfrey but otherwise good

Lungs: Addressed w/ juniper
General: Poppyseed/chamomile applied

Snowdrop Wounds:
Potential heatstroke: Addressed w/ soaked moss
Minor burns: Need marigold, comfrey, cobwebs
Eyes: Cleaned, need celadine marigold and cobwebs
Potential Lungs: Addressed w/ juniper
General: Poppyseed/chamomile applied

Last edited by Rani; Today at 01:20 AM.
Old Today, 09:37 AM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: In Our Homes We'll Burn [ EVENT - OPEN TO ALL ]

Ginger
Kittypet

It was a miracle Ginger had any tears left to cry as she gazed in terror at her mother’s unmoving body. All she could do was ask why. Why, why, why? Just why...she didn't even know what she was questioning anymore...she just wanted home. It was her safe place but one had been burned to a crisp and the other...she didn't know. Everything was a blur and confusing and scary and bad and-and...and...it just didn't make sense anymore. It was just so...wrong.

Her sobs only died down when who she imagined was Eagle leaned down beside her and spoke. 'Take mama...? B-but...no, she needs help.' The urge to protest was forced back as the kitten realised that Rhiannon was in desperate need of medical care. She couldn't give in to her own woes. Tearily nodding, she hurried towards the bridge, keeping her blurry gaze forwards until her mother was lowered down beside her. A whimper escaped her at seeing her mother's burned body. 'Please let her be ok...'

Bowing her head to her paws, the russet kitten listened to her own faint sniffles while Eagle rushed off to the healing den. Dread filled her stomach as she thought about all the worst scenarios that could take place. What if mama died?! What would she do?! Would she be blamed?! Mama had to stay!? A life without her was impossible! Ginger curled her plumy tail tightly around her legs in effort of self comfort. She wanted to be told everyrhing was alright and be embraced in one of her parents soft fur but neither wers capable of doing that so she just had to calm herself down.

Lifting her mournful blue hues as herbs were placed near them, Ginger watched blankly as Eagle gathered some moss and soaked it in the river. Must help with burns, she guessed. Seemed logical. Elevating her muzzle at the instruction, the kitten opened her dry mouth and felt a flood of relief as the cool water dripped down her throat, soothing the soreness. Making an effort to gulp down every last drop, she obediently placed her singed paws on the bundle, feeling a sting of pain before numbness came. The pain had dulled to a minor ache, now. Would mama's pain be taken away?

Shaking the last droplets from her whiskers, the russet kittypet let out a squeak of surprise as Rowan and Fog pressed themselves against her, probably glad she'd survived, well, Ginger was glad to be reunited with her sisters; welcoming their love and concern with a faint purr. They were ok, they were still here...but what about Snowdrop? She couldn't be forgotten and neither could Papa...she yearned for them both to be here. Why couldn't their family be together?!

On the verge of bursting out into tears again, Ginger winced as damp moss brushed her face. It caught her off guard, but she allowed it to happen. Some reassurance was offered in the words she spoke but didn't have as much as an effect if said by Rhiannon or Nate. Still, she was gracious. Making a small "Mmm..." noise in acknowledgement and giving a small shake of her head about the inquiry of her health. Nothing else hurted...unless her heart counted that was. The heaviness and grief that haunted it caused unimaginable agony.

'Wait...Papa..?' Instantly reacting to her father's voice, she snapped her head around as he enetered the den...with an injured Snowdrop. Joy lighted her wide gaze once more and she rose to her paws, aiming to rush to greet both of them, until she was halted by the sight in front of her. Her sister...her poor, poor, sister! What had happened this time?! Was she ok?! Obviously not! Fresh horror coursed through her, only broken through by her father's gentle mew.

Brave...yes, she could be brave. Brave for her family. Intently listening to his instructions, Ginger focused on every single word. Comfrey, she remembered it from their outing. Hopefully she'd recognise it. By the willow tree in the park. Ok...ok, she got it. Oh, and take Eagle. She could do it. She would help. With a determined nod, the kitten raced out the den, leaving her wet moss and beckoning Eagle to follow her with a flick of her tail tip. Solely focused on collecting the herbs and delivering it so Snowdrop could get better. She would not let them down.

Ignoring the subtle pain nagging at her pawpads, the russet kitten surveyed the area for any sign of the herb she'd been tasked to gather. Where was it, where was it....ah! Swerving towards the plant , she ducked down and started tenderly, but swiftly plucking as many as she could manage to carry. With her jaws packed with comfrey she turned around, seeing that Eagle had gathered the burnet she started sprinting back. Wind rushing around her and muscles burning. Emerging into the healing den, she carefully placed the bundle beside her father and turned her worried gaze to her sister. Silently observing so as not to disturb this delicate process.

@Rani @Mica @Estelle

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^