Last post by Streamtail
Today 11:11 AM
ShadowClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by lark.
Today 11:07 AM

Old August 4th, 2024, 07:32 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Devilish

Default The (nearly) Complete Confessions of Wendy (Vortex) Ingleston, world class freak

'Come with me', Vortex motioned to Moon, who was, needless to say, one very freaked out cat. Not that Vortex blamed her. She had only, oh, started two major storms, blacked out from one incredibly painful memory, and otherwise kinda accidentally had her cover as a regular albiet powered cat blown. And Vortex herself had enough issues coping with the whole cursed and freakish thing that was herself, so she could hardly see how Moon wasn't completely losing it right now. Which Vortex took as a sign that she was way shocked. Vortex lead the way descreetly to a very tall tree, and waited under it.
@snowflake.

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; August 4th, 2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old August 5th, 2024, 07:30 PM
Little Snowflake

Bump Policy: PLEASE bump me after a week! I WILL FORGET!
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: The (nearly) Complete Confessions of Wendy (Vortex) Ingleston, world class freak

Moon
-she/her | precognition
---
Moon reluctantly followed Vortex to the meeting place. Her fur was bristling slightly in uneasiness. This is crazy... Sneaking out on her first day, in which she had two painful visions? Not the track record she was looking for... She still wasn't even sure if she should've joined the MS in the first place. But now she got thrown into it, and now she knows that Vortex, one of the students, was actually a twoleg (human) that who knows how she became a cat, and has wind powers. It's... pretty crazy, to say the least. She needed answers-- especially after the hurricane incident. So despite her instincts saying to run away in the opposite direction, to run away from the MS, to run away from-- heck, even her power-- She kept walking.
-- @Kaida

REPLIES WILL BE SLOWER ALL SCHOOL YEAR
My characters and me are separate beings. Whatever my characters say or do, it is not a reflection of how I feel.
Character Bios + Trackers +Pixelgif Shop
| WIP Character Website |

Last edited by snowflake.; August 5th, 2024 at 07:31 PM.
Old August 5th, 2024, 08:27 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Default Re: The (nearly) Complete Confessions of Wendy (Vortex) Ingleston, world class freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake. View Post

Moon
-she/her | precognition
---
Moon reluctantly followed Vortex to the meeting place. Her fur was bristling slightly in uneasiness. This is crazy... Sneaking out on her first day, in which she had two painful visions? Not the track record she was looking for... She still wasn't even sure if she should've joined the MS in the first place. But now she got thrown into it, and now she knows that Vortex, one of the students, was actually a twoleg (human) that who knows how she became a cat, and has wind powers. It's... pretty crazy, to say the least. She needed answers-- especially after the hurricane incident. So despite her instincts saying to run away in the opposite direction, to run away from the MS, to run away from-- heck, even her power-- She kept walking.
-- @Kaida
"We should be secluded enough here. Okay... but first, I'll put us up this tree. We won't get heard as much." Vortex used a tornado to propel them up, and asked Moon when she 'put' her down, "Comfortable? It's a long, long story."

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix
Old August 5th, 2024, 08:33 PM
Little Snowflake

Moon
-she/her | precognition
--
Moon yelped as she got lifted off the ground, then on the tree branch. Her fur was standing on end, her claws unsheathed in the bark. She relaxed. "I could've climbed..." She mumbled. Never mind. "I have so many questions," she said. "After that vision- It was so...." She shuddered. "I- I need answers."
-- @Kaida

My characters and me are separate beings. Whatever my characters say or do, it is not a reflection of how I feel.

Last edited by snowflake.; August 5th, 2024 at 08:34 PM.
Old August 5th, 2024, 08:43 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Quote:

Moon
-she/her | precognition
--
Moon yelped as she got lifted off the ground, then on the tree branch. Her fur was standing on end, her claws unsheathed in the bark. She relaxed. "I could've climbed..." She mumbled. Never mind. "I have so many questions," she said. "After that vision- It was so...." She shuddered. "I- I need answers."
-- @Kaida
"I-i know." said Vortex. "I was just as confused myself, really. I still am. So.... I guess I'll start with what happened, that i came to be that I first knew about what I am. So, it kinda started at school. Humans go to school too, you know, so that we can learn to read from books, write, do math, and other stuff you cats might not actually understand. But I was always good at running around and stuff, playing games, sports, active stuff and sensing stuff. I never actually knew why, not even after the classroom debacle.

"Right.... so the classroom debacle.... I had a test coming up, just last year, and I was very nervous. I get nervous easily, really I feel any emotion easily, and can go from one to another very quickly. Mom says it's called emotion swings. I was 8 years old, by the way. Now, in human years, I'm 9 years old. Well, 9 and 1/2 to be strictly correct. The test was in math, and I've never been good at numbers, not unless I'm calculating the distance I've gotta jump or how fast I need to go, and that's not math, just some kinda knowledge I've always had. Well, I got nervous enough that I made a tornado and wrecked the classroom. None of the teachers or students knew it was me, but I did 'cause I felt that the tornado didn't get near me, and that I felt.... kinda a powerful feeling. Mom got me in the car, took me home, and .... told me. And oh, my name, the human name, is Wendy Ingleston. But I go by Vortex as a cat." Wendy Vortex Ingleston added.

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix
Old August 6th, 2024, 04:00 PM
Little Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaida View Post
"I-i know." said Vortex. "I was just as confused myself, really. I still am. So.... I guess I'll start with what happened, that i came to be that I first knew about what I am. So, it kinda started at school. Humans go to school too, you know, so that we can learn to read from books, write, do math, and other stuff you cats might not actually understand. But I was always good at running around and stuff, playing games, sports, active stuff and sensing stuff. I never actually knew why, not even after the classroom debacle.

"Right.... so the classroom debacle.... I had a test coming up, just last year, and I was very nervous. I get nervous easily, really I feel any emotion easily, and can go from one to another very quickly. Mom says it's called emotion swings. I was 8 years old, by the way. Now, in human years, I'm 9 years old. Well, 9 and 1/2 to be strictly correct. The test was in math, and I've never been good at numbers, not unless I'm calculating the distance I've gotta jump or how fast I need to go, and that's not math, just some kinda knowledge I've always had. Well, I got nervous enough that I made a tornado and wrecked the classroom. None of the teachers or students knew it was me, but I did 'cause I felt that the tornado didn't get near me, and that I felt.... kinda a powerful feeling. Mom got me in the car, took me home, and .... told me. And oh, my name, the human name, is Wendy Ingleston. But I go by Vortex as a cat." Wendy Vortex Ingleston added.

Moon
-she/her | precognition
--
Moon listened to Wendy's story. She knew most of the details from her vision, but she didn't understand a lot of what Vortex was saying. Math? Calculating? Years? Test? Classroom? Books? Write? Sports? She didn't know any of those terms, but she guessed it was just some human things...

"I know... About you. I mean- That you are a... human." The world felt even stranger in her mouth than her head, it felt like she was choking as she said that word. She widened her eyes. "I-I'm not supposed to know that word... It hurts as I say it. But I do know. That's why..." She stopped.

"I- uh- The reason why I collapsed when I first saw you... I had a vision," she confided. Again with telling things- her powers- about her. She used to never talk about her powers... Always staying in the shadows, avoiding everybody. Searching for... No. No, it was too painful to think about right now. Besides, this wasn't about her. This was about Wendy Vortex Ingleston. "I saw it happen. Well, after it- in the monster- car. I was in your perspective. Your mother... She put something in you. Who would do that to her own child?" She stopped, slapping her tail against her mouth. "S-sorry..." She didn't want to remind Wendy Vortex of a painful memory- or what she said might've been rude- but she already said it.
--

Old August 6th, 2024, 07:18 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Quote:

Moon
-she/her | precognition
--
Moon listened to Wendy's story. She knew most of the details from her vision, but she didn't understand a lot of what Vortex was saying. Math? Calculating? Years? Test? Classroom? Books? Write? Sports? She didn't know any of those terms, but she guessed it was just some human things...

"I know... About you. I mean- That you are a... human." The world felt even stranger in her mouth than her head, it felt like she was choking as she said that word. She widened her eyes. "I-I'm not supposed to know that word... It hurts as I say it. But I do know. That's why..." She stopped.

"I- uh- The reason why I collapsed when I first saw you... I had a vision," she confided. Again with telling things- her powers- about her. She used to never talk about her powers... Always staying in the shadows, avoiding everybody. Searching for... No. No, it was too painful to think about right now. Besides, this wasn't about her. This was about Wendy Vortex Ingleston. "I saw it happen. Well, after it- in the monster- car. I was in your perspective. Your mother... She put something in you. Who would do that to her own child?" She stopped, slapping her tail against her mouth. "S-sorry..." She didn't want to remind Wendy Vortex of a painful memory- or what she said might've been rude- but she already said it.
--
Vortex winced. "Well.... I was about to destroy the car. And others of my kind would, if they knew about my powers and stuff, they would be doing very similar things, but in a much more painful way, and not care. They'd call me an alien and stuff. So Mom did the best thing, so that even if it MIGHT seem wrong, she saved me from a lot of hurt I could've got if she didn't. I guess she hoped I could learn how to control my powers, but that didn't work out. I made my first hurricane just 6 months ago....." Vortex shivered, and didn't talk any more about that. "At any rate, about 2 months ago, I started being able to understand cats. And then talk to them, in cat. Some of our house cats found that weird, but fun. Mom realized that wasn't normal, and told me so. And then when I started turning into a cat," here, Vortex looked down at herself "Mom tried to help me control that, and it just got worse as time went on, so she sent me here, to a school. Had me talk to a neighborhood cat that liked to gossip and explore, so that it caught Red's attention. So here I am. And look, I know my having two names is confusing. But in cat form, call me Vortex. In human form, if I ever do reveal it by some unlikely chance, you don't call me anything but twoleg i guess. But, uh, I'm fine with Wendy in private. And also...... do you wanna see my human form?" Vortex offered.

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix
Old August 6th, 2024, 09:26 PM
Little Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaida View Post
Vortex winced. "Well.... I was about to destroy the car. And others of my kind would, if they knew about my powers and stuff, they would be doing very similar things, but in a much more painful way, and not care. They'd call me an alien and stuff. So Mom did the best thing, so that even if it MIGHT seem wrong, she saved me from a lot of hurt I could've got if she didn't. I guess she hoped I could learn how to control my powers, but that didn't work out. I made my first hurricane just 6 months ago....." Vortex shivered, and didn't talk any more about that. "At any rate, about 2 months ago, I started being able to understand cats. And then talk to them, in cat. Some of our house cats found that weird, but fun. Mom realized that wasn't normal, and told me so. And then when I started turning into a cat," here, Vortex looked down at herself "Mom tried to help me control that, and it just got worse as time went on, so she sent me here, to a school. Had me talk to a neighborhood cat that liked to gossip and explore, so that it caught Red's attention. So here I am. And look, I know my having two names is confusing. But in cat form, call me Vortex. In human form, if I ever do reveal it by some unlikely chance, you don't call me anything but twoleg i guess. But, uh, I'm fine with Wendy in private. And also...... do you wanna see my human form?" Vortex offered.

Moon
-she/her | precognition
--
Moon listened to all of that. "Oh. I-I was wondering about that... How you're a cat." This was a lot to take in. She never heard about a twoleg speaking to cats, even in her travels. Sure, she heard that housefolk sometimes talked to their kittypets- But that was in twoleg language. Then again, all of this was strange. Her powers, Wendy's powers, the fact that there is a school for cats with powers...

She widened her eyes when she heard the offer. "Really? Is that... Is that a good idea?" She glanced around, not seeing anybody. But certainly somecat would see a twoleg kit in the tree, in school grounds. It looked concealed enough, what with the forest and all, but... "Are you sure?"
--

Old August 7th, 2024, 07:35 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Quote:

Moon
-she/her | precognition
--
Moon listened to all of that. "Oh. I-I was wondering about that... How you're a cat." This was a lot to take in. She never heard about a twoleg speaking to cats, even in her travels. Sure, she heard that housefolk sometimes talked to their kittypets- But that was in twoleg language. Then again, all of this was strange. Her powers, Wendy's powers, the fact that there is a school for cats with powers...

She widened her eyes when she heard the offer. "Really? Is that... Is that a good idea?" She glanced around, not seeing anybody. But certainly somecat would see a twoleg kit in the tree, in school grounds. It looked concealed enough, what with the forest and all, but... "Are you sure?"
--
Vortex didn't realize that it would cause that reaction. "If you think it's such a bad idea, I won't. But really, I don't think we'd get seen. Uh... as for how.... Mom didn't say a lot about this, but another human, a mean one, did something to Mom, that I came out like this." She looked down at herself. "And trust me, I still find the fact I am the way I am hard to take in, even thought it's smacking me right in the face."

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix