Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Go to first new post ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by Bean
Today 05:16 PM
WindClan Apprentices' Den
by Ian
Last post by Luna16
Today 05:11 PM
RiverClan Camp
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 05:11 PM
Blistered Pads... Everyone...
Last post by Allison
Today 05:10 PM
Paste the last thing you...
Last post by redshiftreign
Today 05:05 PM

Old July 31st, 2024, 08:48 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Softpaw's Training [P]

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

Heroneye nodded. Though she personally didn't feel that the apprentice needed much more practice, she had no reason to object. More practice couldn't hurt, anyway. "Alright. I believe it's understandable to be caught off guard by how sporadic fish can be, but there's no reason not to give it another try." Again, she did appreciate the apprentice's perseverance and willingness to take her time with her training. If one is going to do something, might's well do it right; Heroneye could certainly agree with that sentiment.

"Let's wait for another fish to come by. Remember what I told you, and try to spot the next fish on your own this time." If they were going to try fishing again, Heroneye figured it would be a good idea to have Softpaw give that a go; the warrior wouldn't always be there to point fish out to her, after all. In that case, perhaps it really was a good idea to try catching another fish, given that finding fish to begin with was such a vital step in the process.

( @DdeongJoongie_Tanghulu )
Old July 31st, 2024, 08:59 PM
I WANT MY BAGELS TvT

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Heroneye nodded. Though she personally didn't feel that the apprentice needed much more practice, she had no reason to object. More practice couldn't hurt, anyway. "Alright. I believe it's understandable to be caught off guard by how sporadic fish can be, but there's no reason not to give it another try." Again, she did appreciate the apprentice's perseverance and willingness to take her time with her training. If one is going to do something, might's well do it right; Heroneye could certainly agree with that sentiment.

"Let's wait for another fish to come by. Remember what I told you, and try to spot the next fish on your own this time." If they were going to try fishing again, Heroneye figured it would be a good idea to have Softpaw give that a go; the warrior wouldn't always be there to point fish out to her, after all. In that case, perhaps it really was a good idea to try catching another fish, given that finding fish to begin with was such a vital step in the process.

Softpaw listened to her mentor, watching the water. The small white apprentice flicked her tail in aknoladgment to her mentor, showing she was still paying attention despite staring at the water. Moment flew by and Softpaw wondered in another fish would come swimming on by. Hearing a small splash Softpaw looked over, just in time a decently sized carp was seen nearing the surface. Narrowing her bright green eyes, Softpaw flattened her fluffed up fur and stalked over the where the fish was. Blinking gently, she leaned back, keeping her eyes fixed on the fish while trying to keep shadow off of the water. It was harder than the apprentice had thought, keeping an eye on the fish and the way the sun was in order not to scare the prey. Jeez how did warriors do it so easily? While performing her usual act of excogitation, Softpaw's eyes narrowed, hearing a splash she'd gotten lost in thought, regardless, Softpaw felt she could let this nonpareil carp escape her grasp. Flicking her paws into the water, she streched her claws, feeling them plunge into the fishes side, the small feline growled. Yanking the fish out of the water, this time without hesitance or any pondering, Softpaw felt the warm and surprisingly salty blood of the carp seep into her jaws, the spine splintering under her strong maw. Softpaw felt the fish cease it's squirming and flapping. Softpaw's green hues filled with joy as she gave a triumphant yowl, "I did it!" Softpaw's tail shot up in pride, licking her lips to rid of the salty taste, Softpaw mentally looked for her mentors approval, not daring to show the want out loud as her mother had always taught her it was rude to ask for praise no matter how much you wanted it.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old August 1st, 2024, 07:46 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Heroneye watched the apprentice intently, head nodding slowly. It was clear from the apprentice's movements that she was consciously considering her mentor's advice as she went. Time and time again, Heroneye found herself impressed by the young cat's capacity for listening and patience. She couldn't help but feel a small pang of regret as she watched Softpaw; Heroneye wished she had paid such careful attention to her own mentor at that age. If she had, she wouldn't have to worry about playing catch-up with her fellow warriors, even then.

Regardless, Heroneye continued observing Softpaw, noting her form and behavior. It wasn't as smooth as the average warrior's technique, but it got the job done, which was about all Heroneye could ask for. In any case, Softpaw would gradually gain the instincts needed to hunt with ease as she grew and gained more experience, Heroneye was certain.

"That was much better," Heroneye said as the apprentice finished her catch, whiskers twitching with amusement at the other cat's enthusiasm. "You've made much improvement in a short period of time. It's quite commendable." Her gaze passively flicked to the sky. "I believe that you now have the fundamentals needed to hunt on your own from now on. If you're ready, we can gather your prey and make our way back to camp."

Old August 2nd, 2024, 07:43 AM
I WANT MY BAGELS TvT

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye watched the apprentice intently, head nodding slowly. It was clear from the apprentice's movements that she was consciously considering her mentor's advice as she went. Time and time again, Heroneye found herself impressed by the young cat's capacity for listening and patience. She couldn't help but feel a small pang of regret as she watched Softpaw; Heroneye wished she had paid such careful attention to her own mentor at that age. If she had, she wouldn't have to worry about playing catch-up with her fellow warriors, even then.

Regardless, Heroneye continued observing Softpaw, noting her form and behavior. It wasn't as smooth as the average warrior's technique, but it got the job done, which was about all Heroneye could ask for. In any case, Softpaw would gradually gain the instincts needed to hunt with ease as she grew and gained more experience, Heroneye was certain.

"That was much better," Heroneye said as the apprentice finished her catch, whiskers twitching with amusement at the other cat's enthusiasm. "You've made much improvement in a short period of time. It's quite commendable." Her gaze passively flicked to the sky. "I believe that you now have the fundamentals needed to hunt on your own from now on. If you're ready, we can gather your prey and make our way back to camp."

Softpaw's soft green hues gleamed at the praise. Going back to camp? Softpaw could stay out and hunt forever at this rate! Improving her skills day by day minute by minute. But alas the small white feline needed to eat in order to well, survive. "Sounds good to me" Softpaw meowed calmly, she wild excitement and gentle shake in her body revealing her excitment and pride in herself, she also felt a small bit of pride for her mentor. She knew Heroneye felt a bit uncomfortable at the begining of there training. Heroneye seemed to have gotten over it and comfortable, that was good to Softpaw.
"Hunt on my own? Wow that....... that's kinda cool even though it's just hunting." Softpaw purred happily. dipping her head in thanks as her mentor meowed about her improvement being commendable. Softpaw picked up her fish and blinked for her mentors help innocently.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Old August 2nd, 2024, 08:44 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Heroneye nodded. She wondered what it would be like for the apprentice, being able to watch her Clan enjoy the fruits of her labor for the first time. Based on what she knew about Softpaw, she had to imagine the other cat would find it rather exciting. Heroneye, regrettably, hadn't paid much attention to such things at that age, but Softpaw still had the chance.

Heroneye tilted her head thoughtfully as Softpaw commented on how it was cool to be able to hunt on her own. "Yes. That's what training's all about, after all," Heroneye responded. "Gaining the tools needed to function as a warrior on one's own, that is. All Clan cats have learned some of their most important skills during their respective apprenticeships." Though she supposed it wasn't necessary, Heroneye wanted to emphasize the importance of one's apprenticeship. Softpaw had a lot of potential, and the warrior would have hated to see her squander it as Heroneye had.

With this, Heroneye scooped up the other fish, leading Softpaw back to where her other prey was buried.

(alr, i think we’re good for hunting! i’ll probably come to bother you for more training in a day or two, unless you want to take a small break or want to get training from another warrior for a bit. feel free to use this thread for any of softpaw’s training, or have more for different lessons if you’d prefer ^^)

Old August 2nd, 2024, 08:52 PM
I WANT MY BAGELS TvT

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye nodded. She wondered what it would be like for the apprentice, being able to watch her Clan enjoy the fruits of her labor for the first time. Based on what she knew about Softpaw, she had to imagine the other cat would find it rather exciting. Heroneye, regrettably, hadn't paid much attention to such things at that age, but Softpaw still had the chance.

Heroneye tilted her head thoughtfully as Softpaw commented on how it was cool to be able to hunt on her own. "Yes. That's what training's all about, after all," Heroneye responded. "Gaining the tools needed to function as a warrior on one's own, that is. All Clan cats have learned some of their most important skills during their respective apprenticeships." Though she supposed it wasn't necessary, Heroneye wanted to emphasize the importance of one's apprenticeship. Softpaw had a lot of potential, and the warrior would have hated to see her squander it as Heroneye had.

With this, Heroneye scooped up the other fish, leading Softpaw back to where her other prey was buried.

(alr, i think we’re good for hunting! i’ll probably come to bother you for more training in a day or two, unless you want to take a small break or want to get training from another warrior for a bit. feel free to use this thread for any of softpaw’s training, or have more for different lessons if you’d prefer ^^)

(alright, feel free to mention me whenever <3)

Softpaw purred, nodding gently as she listened. Purring brightly a she mewed, "Thank you, your an awesome mentor!" Softpaw meowed gratefully, the pride and thankfulness in her green hues showing the truth and certainty to her words.

- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

Old Today, 03:11 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Lionheart |

Heroneye trotted up to the mountain camp's makeshift apprentices' den, awkwardly ducking her head to peer inside. It had been a few sunrises since their earlier hunting lesson, so she figured it wouldn't hurt to get another session in. That was what a good mentor did, after all, and the last thing Heroneye wanted was for Softpaw's training to fall behind.

"Softpaw, are you awake?" Heroneye meowed, eyes scanning the nests for the apprentice's white pelt. "We'll be doing a swimming lesson today." Part of her wanted to give Softpaw a choice in what she learned that day, as she had last time, but the other part of her knew it was fairly likely that Softpaw would wind up choosing fighting. Heroneye knew all too well that she was far from RiverClan's best fighter and was secretly hoping the apprentice would ask a warrior or another Lionheart to teach her that. Ideally, that way, she'd have a much greater chance of becoming a better fighter than Heroneye had ever been. Perhaps it was selfish, perhaps it was lazy, but... it was for Softpaw's sake, right? Ugh, honestly, Heroneye...

In any case, Heroneye did have another reason for wanting to teach swimming in particular--a significantly less self-serving one, that is. If the apprentice was to begin regularly hunting in bodies of water, not knowing how to swim could become a legitimate safety concern--especially in the mountains, where the currents were so much more violent than back in the forest. Ideally, one would at least keep one's back paws on dry land whilst hunting, but accidentally finding oneself completely at a river's mercy was not exactly an uncommon occurrence, in Heroneye's experience.

( @ChromeSilver_Hwaa )

Last edited by Fits; Today at 04:16 PM.