Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Alternative Warriors Roleplay

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Daragca
Today 03:20 AM
Whispering Wetlands
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 03:12 AM
RiverClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Minkuu
Today 02:44 AM
Counting Until Staff knock...
by Blaaze
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:21 AM
question abt mystery?
Last post by Minkuu
Today 01:35 AM

Old May 22nd, 2024, 06:24 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

Default wandering together (p)

. Lichenfur .
"..i actually think youre really pretty"
altsky/missing - he/they - 24 moons

It felt like they'd been searching forever. Nearly eight moons had passed since the two had gotten lost, and yet the closest they had gotten to finding Skyclan was a few words from a rogue, which had lead them to nothing. A small sigh escaped Lichenfurs maw, so much had happened but also nothing at all. The flood, the evacuation, the journey, and getting hopelessly lost. The only thing he was grateful for was that he wasn't alone again. This time was much different than when he had been attacked by the fox. That time he was starved, sick, stuck, scared, and grieving, all up until Berryhound discovered him. This time he was well fed, felt at least a bit secure, and there was Halfhound.

Halfhound.

Of all cats to get stranded with, by far, this was the best one. His childhood best friend, his closest ally, and honestly, his favourite cat in the clan. He couldn't have gotten more lucky (unless, of course, they never got lost to begin with). Lichenfur couldn't help sneak a small glance her way. She had been through so much, and yet, she still stood strong. Her kindness and courage never ceased to surprise him. She was so pretty, and the fact she thought she wasn't made his heart break. If only she could see herself from his eyes. Maybe then she'd finally realise how amazing she was. The quick glance turned to a mild stare, and as he realised his ears going hot he swiftly returned his eyes to the ground.

Oh stars.. the former medicine cat gingerly raised a paw to his forehead, checking for a fever. It was fever season after all, and he'd had these hot flashes a number of times in the past moon. "perhaps I should pick up some feverfew or borage next time we pass it.." he mumbled to himself, a precaution. If both of them got sick that wouldn't be good, Lichenfur, although he could hunt a little bit, still sucked at it, and probably wouldn't be able to properly tend to himself and Halfhound at the same time. Leapinglight probably could've, but he was a far better healer than I am.

A second sigh escaped his maw. He really needed to stop thinking like that. Leapinglight had taught him everything he knew, and while Lichenfur had less practice to his late mentor he was still able to care for a small clan. No thanks to Blazingsong. Oh dear. He hoped Nectarpaw was doing okay. Lichenfur had abandoned her like what Blazingsong had done to him, and he felt awful about it. The second he got back, even if Grimstar wouldn't let him resume medicine cat duties, he would make it his mission to ensure to not leave his apprentice in the dark. A small knot of dread formed in his stomach, what if Grimstar wouldn't let him back at all? He'd certainly let Halfhound back in, she was a more than valuable member of Skyclan, and had proved her loyalty many times over, but him? This is not the first time he'd gone missing. Not by far. And he'd disappeared right when he was needed most. Stars.. where would he go if he was turned away? ..would he be alone again?

He flashed another glance at Halfhound. Would she give up Skyclan for him? He wouldn't blame her if she didn't. Skyclan was her home, and he was only a cat. He would probably feel bad if she did anyways. Afterall, it was such a bad trade off. Personally, he would choose Halfhound over Skyclan- but that was because he hated the way it felt when she was gone last time. If she did the same for him- that would be nice? Maybe they would run away together, not have to care about starclan, or prophecies, or responsibilities. Just the two of them together against the world. Feeling his ears go hot once more, and the knot somewhat replaced with moths, he checked his temperature again.

Just a silly hypothetical. Nothing more.

[ them - @iliri ]

- bios | tracker | shop -

Last edited by Apollo.; May 22nd, 2024 at 07:17 AM.
Old August 5th, 2024, 10:28 PM
secretly plum’s favorite

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

Default Re: wandering together (p)

halfhound
black-and-cream tabby chimera molly with heterochromatic green-and-amber eyes
she/her | former skyclan warrior | 26 moons

Eight moons.

Eight moons of being stranded. Eight moons of being alone. Eight moons of being away from SkyClan.

Halfhound didn't know if she could mentally take it on anymore. Her fears and worries for her clan were senseless, and the only way to keep herself at bay was Lichenfur’s presence. She had worked herself down to the bone just to get back home and see him again. To work herself through hard labor and exhilarating work so that she could gain her name. Only for it to be snagged away from her just by getting lost with the one cat she had been friends with since the very beginning.

Lichenfur.

She didn't know what it was about him, or why it had been happening, but she couldn't help but feel appreciative of his long-time support. He had been with her since the very beginning. Even before she went through a series of unfortunate events that led to her growing distant from her clan—and meeting Coal, whom she regrets making such an irrational decision. His soul was nothing but a feast of carnivores feeding among the lost ones of the woods. That was what she was; a lone apprentice who was looking for help. She didn't know what she was doing, only following under the influence of others.

Now, look at her. Her body was permeated by scars that the good-for-nothing tom inflicted on her, his buddies tagging in occasionally to land a blow or so. The pain had been awful, feeling as if talons were digging into the deeper parts of her skin. They tore and tore and tore until she couldn't take it anymore. She eventually ran away, leaving that hellhole behind.

Now facing back to the present and the situation both the warrior and herbalist were in, the chimera can feel herself glancing at the curly tom-cat. He was a tad bit shorter than her, and the massive molly almost swore she looked intimidating at times, but now, she just… couldn't stop looking at him. He was always kind; too kind, almost naive. His gentle nature almost made her want to ruffle him up and make him far less vulnerable for the world to snatch him away, but a hidden piece of her couldn't find herself wanting to commit to such an act. It felt… wrong. Wrong didn't even feel right coming off her. If that didn't feel right, then what did?

Her tongue swiped itself around her jaws to moisturize the dryness of her lips, ignorant of the uncomfortable fluttering deep within her stomach. It always seemed to happen when she was around Lichenfur—and to add to it, has she been gaining weight? She always made sure to keep herself uptight and compliant about making sure she was in well-fit shape. There wasn't any way in the Dark Forest she was going to make herself look more rounded than a kittypet. That just sounded ridiculous. Maybe she had just been keeping herself a little out of it, maybe it explained the more… exposed sides.

An ear twitched towards Lichenfur as she listened to him mumble to himself—saying something about feverfew and borage. Truthfully, Halfhound didn't know how he could easily memorize all those different herbs. It sounded like extra work that she couldn't see herself doing, and being a medicine cat didn't sound like something she’d like doing.

“Let me know what they look like, then,” she retorted, craning her head towards the tom to lock her mismatched irises with his. “I can assist in looking for them if you wish, just don't expect me to start taking any herb lessons from you. I ain't becoming a medicine cat anytime soon. Far too many plants for my liking.” She couldn't stop the crooked smile from worming its way to her lips, flashing her canids towards him as the tip of her tail lightly brushed him along the shoulder. The strange, flutter-like feeling came swarming at her again, making her paws tingle as they compressed against the soft soil. What was her deal lately?

Halfhound glanced up towards the sky that laced itself with billions of stars, quietly noting how drastically late it had been getting for the both of them. They had been traveling for a while during the day, and she could already feel her body growing weary by the consistent traveling they had been submerged in doing. Perhaps it was best for them to take a break. It has already been a long day.

“I think we should find shelter for the night,” Halfhound mewed, stopping in her tracks to inform the medic beside herself. “It’s getting late and my paws are killing me. I would like to get some rest before we think of traveling more tomorrow.”

@Apollo. [wow forget how long this took me to get to this eofjicu]

my carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; August 6th, 2024 at 07:30 AM.