Last post by HerbalTea
Today 01:04 PM

Old July 29th, 2024, 02:19 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Cattail Pond

[ you're fine!!! @kittycatburmise ]
"Well, that ends today!" There was no denying he felt bad about his absence - but what could he do? Wolfhive could hardly get out of the nest for the duration of his illness, was too weak and delirious to function. Whatever befell him.. he wasn't sure. And it didn't matter.

RiverClan was gone for now, but plenty of dangers still lurked within the woods. Wolfhive had chosen this spot because it held a geographical advantage when fighting - tall grasses, nearby trees, the water. "We're going over some basic fighting techniques to start with, then I want to move onto some more advanced things."

He spun on his paws to face her, a little wobbly from the velocity but he corrected himself quickly. "One of the most common moves you'll see in battle is cats leaping or lunging for you - and you want to dodge that as-possible; not every time will be a success, but you can reduce the odds of it.

"Dodging's simple - move out of the way! You can side-step,"
Wolfhive sprang quickly to one side. "which will typically give you the opportunity to retaliate by swiping for their side. In battle, your claws should be unsheathed - but in training we try to not hurt each other." He twisted and swung his paw, as if slicing it across the flank of some invisible opponent. "You try!"

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Morningpaw
He/him | TC apprentice | Moons: 6 | No purrks

Morningpaw wasn't actually too sure how he got to this point in time... walking to cattail pond with the goal of learning to swim in mind which was crazy because ew, he was a Thunderclan cat not a Riverclan cat. Though also he understood how important this skill could be and also how the ability to swim was on the rarer side in his clan, it would put him ahead of his den mates that was for sure and it would put him one pawstep closer to warriorhood! And in the end, being a warrior was all the mattered to him because then no one could ever leave him again because he would protect them and defend them and so far only death has taken his family and friends from him... well Besides Wolfpaw. Though more a reason to be a warrior, to protect his brother better.

"Sooooo how'd you learn to swim? That isn't super common knowledge, right?" It was genuine curiosity, something about Wolfhive was different from everyone he tends to interact with. Something more akin to speaking with his brother... maybe it was because Morningpaw clearly remembered the other from that kit event all those moons ago... and by that he means like 3 or something moons, look sue him that was like half his lifetime ago. Not that he would tell Wolfhive that Morningpaw tolerated his existence anymore than anyone else. Then Wolfhive would be the guy that is sent to deal with Morningpaw and his 'poor' manners or some stupid crap like that. Also whatever, what does that even matter for something right now. He was swimming, not being scolded.

"Also like do you know how to fish as well?"
[ @BEAR. - Wolfhive ]
[ Ignore how late this is T^T ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder
Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

When Morningpaw had sought "unique" training techniques, Wolfhive had been uncertain of the best thing to do. Bone breaking certainly was unique, but more and more cats learned how to do that explicitly. Same with tree hunting techniques, tracking..

But ThunderClan didn't fish or swim. Wolfhive could, but the majority of the Clan had never set a paw in water before. And since Morningpaw wanted something different.. "I had Violetfreckle teach me. She used to be a RiverClan cat - left a long time ago," almost as long as he could remember, but not quite. "'N I'm pretty sure we're just about the only two cats who know how to do it."

He'd been wanting to train others, just hadn't felt like he had a good opportunity to do so. His apprentices needed work in ThunderClan's focus areas before he worried about extra skills. "And yeah, if you want to know how to fish we can cover that. I think it'd be best to do it first though, once we're swimming we'll scare them off!"

[ @Oliver ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old Today, 12:59 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
When Morningpaw had sought "unique" training techniques, Wolfhive had been uncertain of the best thing to do. Bone breaking certainly was unique, but more and more cats learned how to do that explicitly. Same with tree hunting techniques, tracking..

But ThunderClan didn't fish or swim. Wolfhive could, but the majority of the Clan had never set a paw in water before. And since Morningpaw wanted something different.. "I had Violetfreckle teach me. She used to be a RiverClan cat - left a long time ago," almost as long as he could remember, but not quite. "'N I'm pretty sure we're just about the only two cats who know how to do it."

He'd been wanting to train others, just hadn't felt like he had a good opportunity to do so. His apprentices needed work in ThunderClan's focus areas before he worried about extra skills. "And yeah, if you want to know how to fish we can cover that. I think it'd be best to do it first though, once we're swimming we'll scare them off!"

[ @Oliver ]

Morningpaw
He/him | TC apprentice | Moons: 6 | No purrks

Morningpaw blinked, he hadn't known that about Vioeltfreckle, not that he knew much about her at all. He hadn't had a single interaction with the feline but it was surprising that a River clan cat had been allowed to join given how touchy the Riverclan and Thunderclan relationship has been for as long as he's been alive... which admittedly isn't that long but the point still stands. though being the only two that know the skill? That would make Morningpaw the third right? Interesting, he was seeking special skills after all.

"Starting with fishing sounds good. Where do we start?" The apprentice slowed to a halt only a couple tail lengths away from the bank of the pond, looking over the glittery water and trying to peer in to see if there were any fishes swimming to and fro. He wasn't sure where to even begin with fishing, he was wayyyyy out of his depth with this one and he decided that he would wait for the hornet to begin the lesson before asking anymore questions.

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder