Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan's Trials

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Elders' Den
by dino.
Today 03:10 AM
Starry Meadow
by Ian
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 03:08 AM
The Cult of The Stareater
Last post by OBigBrainO
Today 03:03 AM
ThunderClan Warriors' Den
by dino.
Last post by Luminous
Mosspaw training!
Last post by Rustleaf

Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Bump Policy: 4/5 days
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: RiverClan Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Spiraltail-
26 Moons-
Former Windclan son Vinepaw
He/Him
Terrible father

Spiraltail was sitting in the camp thinking of a new skill to learn if he was a riverclan cat now he needed to learn how to swim while there was a river on the mountain it was to rapid he knew he would most likely drown if he tried to swim in it.While he knew how to hunt,fight and tunnel he felt like he was lacking.Hmm maybe Seabreeze and him could do a knowledge swap at some point. He got to his paws and looked around he had helped a few apprentices here and there but if he wanted to belong here he would have to prove himself.

Open
Garlicfish approached the cat “Hi, what are you doing?" She purred politely
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Four Days (96 Hours)
My Mood: Doh

Beachkit
Male / About 5 Moons / RiverClan / Sexuality Unknown / Pending Purrk
Pale bluish gray tom with tufts on his ears and nose and sandy patches with bright/light gray eyes / Bewitched Purrk: Nervous Wreck

O-Okay. I’ll swim the rivers, climb the mountains, reach the skies… yeah… but first I’ll have to learn to walk without falling on my face, I think,
~Beachkit

TW: This character experiences frequent attacks of nervousness, panic, anxiety, and similar emotions that may be triggering to some readers.

✽❀✽

- The Nursery -

Beachkit had the strong sense that he would never be able to manage any basic activity without turning it into a self-loathing session. As much as he both acknowledged and despised this unfortunate behaviour of his, it felt completely impossible to fix, so instead of overthinking it, Beachkit decided to simply try to cope with it as bets as he could. Trying was a waste of effort, so why do it? As a result of this mindset, he never knew how to control his emotions when they came to bite at him, and during processes as simple as scurrying about the nursery in search for an unoccupied nest that he could rest in peacfully, his mind was whizzing away with thoughts and self-discouragement. What if he had a bad sense of smell and he accidentally claimed an occupied nest? What if somebody got angry at him for sniffing their nest for some mysterious reason? What if he never found an empty, unclaimed one? What if… so,eating were to go wrong, and his entire reputation in RiverClan would be refined, just by sniffing around at some nests? In was certainly a sad and unhealthy mental cycle that the little tom-kit suffered, but what was he to do about it? He did not know how to live with himself, he did not know how to live with his faults, he did not know how to talk to somebody, so in the end, at least from Beachkit’s low self-esteem mindset, he knew nothing. As he wandered around smelling nests, he could feel his heart sinking into the pits of his stomach, and he barely resisted the urge to whimper. Another thought crossed his mind, and when it came, the blue-gray and sandy tom-kit’s stormy gray eyes flashed. Correction. I DO know something… I know how to abandon my family. Naturally… Rigid and frozen for several moments, Beachkit tried at blinking that last thought away and out of his head. No… no, no… it’s alright, I left family to meet more family… so… in balances out… even thought this said, ‘More Family’ hates us being here, Y’know… worth… a shot… But in the end, it obviously was not worth a shot. Sea breeze didn’t want him, Beachkit didn’t want himself, and who knew if Sorrelkit was annoyed with him already, she probably was… so even if Owltalon loved him now… how long would it be until she changed her mind? Until the day of some sort of disownment came? This thought resulted in Beachkit shuddering and sniffing, but eventually, he found an empty nest.

Before the young tom-kit found this empty nest, he had made his comment about possibly being judged about his scent. He could not help but feel an odd pressure to tell Owltalon about this sort of negative thought whenever similar ones came to mind… because if she was going to be caring for him now, as any mother should (adoptive or not, doesn’t matter), then what right did he have to keep secrets from her? Was it not necessary for her to know about the bad thoughts that circled his head, and if he did, wouldn’t it just make it easier for her to be a supportive parent? Beachkit wanted to make the overall gist of his personality clear to her in order for her to be able help him if she felt the need to. Unfortunately, secrets were not helpful at all when it came to accomplishing this, so Beachkit felt the need to speak many of his negative thoughts and feelings aloud, and to verbalize his anxieties in hopes that she might reassure him. He certainly understood that this might make him appear annoying and/or obnoxious, but the benefit of it was enough to keep him going in spite of the shame that he felt for doing so. He wanted to tell her things, and desperately, he wanted her to support and guide him through it all. Whether she did or she did not was her choice and her’s alone, but looking on the bright side, Beachkit could at least guide her in the right direction. With a small, barely audible sigh, Beachkit’s gaze flickered momentarily down to his paws. …I’m sure she’ll make it obvious if she’s annoyed with me… they uh… do, usually. Good mother’s just do it in a nice way, and they don’t yell or shout and stuff… so… hopefully Owltalon would express her annoyance like that. But she hasn’t yet, so hopefully that means she still likes me. I’ll try my best to keep our mother-son relationship lasting for as long as I can until she… changes… her mind. Yeah. It’s the effort that counts, I… suppose. So much for optimism. Now time to hear out what all she had to say in response to his comment on how he may or may not get judged for smelling a bit different than the rest of RiverClan’s cats.

The large and scarred Lionheart began, and Beachkit looked up slowly when he heard the sound of her voice. Owltalon told him that she could assure him that nobody was going to criticize him for his scent. He gave her a small, awkward smile when she told him nobody would judge him for having any sort of foreign scent, adding that she thought he smelled just fine. Well, one should hope that his mother doesn’t hate his scent, but it was nice and reassuring to hear that she did not hate his scent. Beachkit found the brown she-cat’s next words a bit more surprising, and when he heard them, his ears perked and his whiskers twitched lightly. She explained to him how both RiverClan’s leader and deputy were coming from the life of a loner, and similarly to Beachkit, they had only joined RiverClan afterwards. The blue-gray and Sandy patched tom-kit blinked wide, gray eyes at the sound of this, a small but real, genuine smile fluttering up and onto his face. It felt nice to… well, feel nice. Then truthfully, now facing Owltalon properly and trying his best to make eye contact, the little tom replied quietly, “Oh, that’s… cool. Like, really.” Being a small child with self-deprecating thoughts and nothing better to do than eat, sleep, and cry, or so it seemed, being compared to cats as significant as Dusklion and Fadingsun made the young tom-kit’s heart lift a little bit, a small weight temporarily sliding off of his shoulders. But it came back retry quickly, just as it always did. When Beachkit remembered that he was small and insignificant to this clan so far, his heart sank again, and the majority of the weight returned. But the happiness he had felt just moments before was… probably worth the disappointment, if he was being honest. But maybe I never deserved it in the first place… so… life’s taken it back. It loves to take my things, but what can I do… I don’t own the stars. Only my thoughts, and heck- I obviously can’t even control those, so what’s the point of fantasizing? Hopeless, that’s the word. Hopeless and helpless, that’s all there is to it. Wonderful, he had managed to circle back around to pessimism all over again. What a wise, emotionally flexible guy, Beachkit was… clearly.

Eventually, it was back to Seabreeze again, because Beachkit did not know how to have any sort of interaction with anybody unless it involved the mentioning of his older brother. Owltalon told him that she knew he cared for his older brother, and at the sound of that, Beachkit caught his breath. All true, the feeling just wasn’t as mutual as shown in the idea he had originally crafted and planned out the entirety of his life to revolve around. You know, the simple things. Then the Lionheart decided to get inspirational. Beachkit listened carefully with wide eyes as the older she-cat. Told him that the whole world could choose to not accept him, but that did not mean that he did not belong. The little tom-kit’s gaze softened as Owltalon told him that although he came here for something important and still did not receive it, their approval of him was worth dirt until they truly got to know him. Hesitantly, Beachkit nodded to show he agreed. He acknowledged her words, took them to heart, and in the end, decided that they were true. But Owltalon wasn’t finished yet, no- Beachkit’s new mother had more wisdom to pass down. The scarred Lionheart told him that she understood that it would be hard for him to stop craving Seabreeze’s validation, and Beachkit felt his ears flatten again, his eyes drifting down to his front paws. Owltalon told him that if he wasn’t careful with these cravings, then a bigger crater would be dug in him. It took Beachkit a moment to process and understand this metaphor, but once he had, he nodded along again. He understood… or, at least, he thought he did. He had to watch his desires carefully and prevent them from getting excessive, because once they did, things would only get worse. Well, that was lovely… more stress for Beachkit. But it was a necessary worry to have, and the little tom understood this. So then in a small, quiet voice, the small kitten thanked her. “Th..anks. I get it now, th-thanks, yeah.” Then after a pause, just out of honest instinct, he spoke his next thought aloud. “You’re… physically healthy like a young cat, like a m-mom, and b-brave like a mother, but y-your wise like a grandmother. Like, elder.” Then sucking in a breath, Beachkit’s eyes shot open wide, and he blinked in surprise with himself. Great stars, what did he just tell this she-cat? He immediately tried to take it back, automatically assuming that this comment had caused offense. Scrambling over his own words, he held up a paw over his face to show a mix of surrender and self-defense. “Oh- n-no, no- not what I meant, I swear, I- I mean- I don’t eman you’re old, you… y-you have the good attributes of somebody wh-who actually is old, I mean, b-because y-you… y-yeah, sorry, I didn’t mean that, I didn’t… sorry. You’re young and wise, that’s all… I j-just thought that was c-cool, s-so I… um… so I said it, yeah.” The hastily, he nodded to back up his own words.

Eventually, the time came for Beachkit to quickly withdraw his paw from the empty nest of bedding, anxious that it might actually be occupied without his knowledge. Owltalon’s fur bristled, and alarmed, she began to rise up to her paws, and at the sight of that, Beachkit felt shame fall like a wave over him. He had frightened her to ask her if a nest was empty? Seriously? Goodness, couldn’t he do anything properly? Anything good, for once? The gray and sandy-patched tom-kit shook the thoughts from his head, blinking away some water form his eyes, before expressing that he was just wondering whether it was actually unoccupied or if his nose was lying to him. At the sound of this, Owltalon told him that it was no problem, she would be right there, and she pushed herself to her full height. Shifting his paws uncomfortably, Beachkit took a few steps back to make room for the scarred Lionheart as she padded in his direction, his eyes snapping back down to the nest of bedding to avoid landing on the warrior herself. The Lionheart gave the bed a good sniff, before tilting her head and turning back to Beachkit with a smile. The tom-kit forced his stare to lift enough to see her face. Owltalon then assured him that yes, this nest was open, and in addition, she even told him that he had a powerful sense of smell. Slightly embarrassed, experiencing that, ‘moooooooom-!’ feeling for the first time, Beachkit smiled a little and felt his face heat up a little. He appreciated the praise, but for some mysterious reason, hearing cats compliment him made him feel funny. He was sure that he would have to adjust to it if he was to live with Owltalon as his mother, though. The brown and scarred she-cat finally told him to make himself comfortable, and whispering a, “Oh- yeah, thanks,” Beachkit dipped his head in gratitude and headed towards his new nest.

Feeling unusually stiff, the young tom-kit confirmed that it was unoccupied with one final sniff of his own, before shrugging and stepping one paw into the nest. His whiskers twitched, and with his eyebrows raised, he hobbled over and into his bed, slumping down into a sitting position once he had made it. Then brightly, he started to say, “C-cool. Feels better than the floo…oppy bed at the kittypet place, yeah… that!” He saved himself from finishing off the word, ‘floor’, to protect whatever ego and confidence he still had left in him. Then once he was seated, mildly emotionally uneasy, he shrank down into a loaf, tail tip tapping rhythmically against the mossy surface of his nest. “Anyway… um… a bit of an apology, that you p-probably will brush off anyway, but… um…” Once he found his words, forcing a friendly smile to cross his face, Beachkit took a quick but deep breath, and then he continued to speak in his quiet, usual voice. “…so, I c-can be really, s-stupidly shy… sometimes, which… can probably b-be really annoying… but… at least I know… r-right? Thanks for always l-listening, too. That’s probably h-hard to do, especially s-since you’re l-listening to somebody with a l-lotta th-things to say, and… a lot of stuttering, so… yeah. I think it’s annoying th-that all I’ve done is talk about m-myself, so… sorry… and… could you tell me about… you? Instead, maybe?” He blinked expectantly, but then realized that there had been a tone of urgency in his voice just moments ago, so cringing and hissing at himself, he barely resisted the urge to angrily start pricking at the fur of his paws again. “Gah- ah- sorry, sorry- I mean, sorry- I mean, if you want to, of course, I just k-kind of want to h-hear what my new p-parent has to say, if that’s… ok-kay with y-you, but… Y’know, no pressure, of c-course… I won’t be upset if you don’t l-like talking about y-yourself… but… you do… you. I guess. Sorry. Yeah.” Ans that was all he had to say. Shutting his mouth with a click and another cringe, Beachkit stared blankly at the Lionheart in the silence of waiting.

✽❀✽

~ @Marigoldwhisper { Owltalon } ~

- My characters’ opinions, thoughts, and behaviors are not necessarily a reflection of my own. I can assure you that we are certainly separate beings. -

// WIP Character Biographies * Training Tracker \\

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyCat View Post

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Brokenstream | 22 MOONS | HE/HIM ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
sleek golden bengal tom with light green eyes, jet black ears & back legs
header by @/Marigoldwhisper

◜◜

Brokenstream staggered into camp, the weight of Wrenseeker’s body starting to take a toll on him as he finally reached the edge of the clearing. Blood staining his pelt, he gently lowered her to the ground before nearly collapsing himself. However, he knew he needed to push through. His eyes were clearly glazed with shock and grief at the sight of Wrenseeker’s battered body, and he stunk of blood and some sort of bird. He had to push through.

”Fadingstar! You must come quickly!” He called hoarsely, stepping forward to use his body to shield the rest of his Clanmates as best as he could from the sight before them.
( @occultation | @Neptune. )

Fadingstar was grooming in a corner of the camp when the scent of blood hit his nose. Alarmed, he was on his paws and rushing over before Brokenstream even got his name out.

The leader's eyes traveled down to Wrenseeker's battered, dead body. Surprise widened his eyes; out of all the warriors in the Clan he'd expect to go off and die, she wasn't one of them.

It was a damn shame; she was one of their most ambitious warriors, and now she was gone. Bowing his head, Fadingstar closed his eyes for a moment. He didn't necessarily believe in StarClan as the Clans described them, but there was some kind of afterlife out there.

Hopefully, Wrenseeker found happiness and peace there.

Opening his eyes, he looked back at Brokenstream again. "Do you know what happened? Obviously she was attacked; she doesn't smell like outsider, so I'm assuming some kind of predator."
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old Today, 12:30 AM

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Tired

Shrikestorm.jpg
Shrikestorm
He/him, 19 moons, Riverclan warrior

Shrikestorm sat somewhere along the corner of the clearing, his tail wrapped over his paws as he looked over the camp.

(First post with Shrike, short and sweet. Open if you want some interaction but not needed.)

Help me hatch my babies