Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 03:05 PM

Old Today, 11:06 AM

Bump Policy: 3 days, vm me the link~
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ShadowClan Warriors' Den

Palekit
◆ he/him | 5 moons

Suddenly deep laughter came out of the large tom, and that alone, gave Palekit a fright. 'Why is he laughing? I-I...I could be taken!' Palekit's thoughts were running inside his head. His confusion was taunted even further by Owlthroat's laughter. 'My face?' Palekit wondered what the large tom was talking about, only to realize how his jaws were literally dropped open with disbelief.

"Aaaaa I won't get eaten!" Palekit said defiantly with his eyes still wide. His words weren't convincing, but he continues to drown out the potential truth with verbal denial. The whitish kit mewed again, "I-I won't get..."

Suddenly, something out of the midst brushes against Palekit's pelt, sending him shivers up his spine. His fur fluff up once again, as he jump and spun. Looking around anxiously.

There was nothing. Absolutely nothing... Nothing to be seen, but the black and white tom in front of him.

On the whim, Palekit decided. 'If I back myself up to Owlthroat, then one of us would be able to see the ghost! And..and..hopefully, Owlthroat would be able to help him!'

His plan clearly wasn't going to work, but he padded to Owlthroat anyways. Looking around as he stood by Owlthroat's shoulder almost pressed against the large tom's pelt, Palekit was prepared. So prepared. His stance was ready for the next attack of the cannibal ghost. Despite of his slightly clearer judgement, Palekit's voice still trembled as he spoke, "L-look out...I-i think something is h-here."

[ @Daragca ]
Old Today, 11:44 AM
Simply a guy

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

No. This wasn't. Wasn't. How was this fair. HOW?! Supposedly sightless eyes were stuck on Silverlark's dead body. His. Dead. Body. She'd never thought... oh, she was a fool. An idiot for thinking that she could ever outlive her failures. Yet they chased her, time and time again. They hunted her down, made her pay for her mistakes.

'Auntie... Larky?'

She could have sworn her heart stopped at the small voice. The... wrong voice. For a moment, she was unable to comprehend what was happening, a seed of doubt and hope burrowing into her. Had she mistaken Silverlark for dead? Was he actually alive? Just had been sleeping? Had he- Imagine the shock she got when a small figure zipped out of Silverlark's dead body, rushing straight for her. A kit?! What was a kit doing in here- No.

Not a kit. Oh no. She had called him Mousepaw, she had... had she done this-? Had she made him turn back in time, forever stuck in his kit form even as a StarClanner? Her face paled with terror, her fear so much so that she was unable to react when the small-Silverlark reached up for her.

Lostspark stared down at him, remorse shining in her eyes. She wanted to crumple, wanted to wail to the world about how unfair it was. She didn't want to hurt anymore. She didn't want to live with this hurt anymore, and nothing ever made it go away. Her heart only was burdened further.

Her face tilted down towards him, a shaking limb snaking out in an attempt to cuddle the much smaller-than-life but larger-than-life kit at the same time to her chest. She listened to him, and then she could no longer sit in silence when he said he had to head off to his new home, could no longer keep up her brave facade. Her thread, snapped. Her walls, demolished.

Her eyes threatened to well over with tears. "I'll tell Flash..ies. I'll tell her you're proud of her. ...And you. I'm so proud of you, darling." Her voice was a hoarse rasp, pain blunting the edges. Not physical pain, but an emotional ache so deep she could barely scrape the words out of her voicebox. "So, so, proud. I'm so sorry for not telling you before. I'm so sorry for being a horrible mother." The term had slipped out on it's own, but now she couldn't- didn't want to retract it.

Her limbs wanted to tighten around the ever-fading cat in her arms. Her mind whispering that if only she could hold on, he would stay. He wouldn't leave her, wouldn't be made to turn away because of her own decisions. "Silverlark-" Her name. He bore it with pride. She wanted her name back, if only to carry it in his rememberance, but she never would get it back. But who had said she couldn't be Lark anymore? His aunt, his adoptive mother, she would fill any role he asked of her. "I love you more." Her voice broke at the end, catering off. A small, nearly nonexistant whimper crawled out of her throat as Silverlark disappeared, leaving another hollow space in her chest.

Leaving her behind with a corpse. She didn't want to be the one to bury him. WHY did it have to be her? Was fate truly so cruel, that she had to be the one who scooped dirt onto his lifeless body? But Silverlark had died no normal death in his sleep, he had died of something she could not yet name. She would never risk her Clan over her own grief. The Clan always came first, even before herself. Silverlark was lifted, taken away, and buried in Moonlit Grove while she was in a trance-like state, going through the motions, forcing herself not to think. His nest was disposed of properly, so whatever sickness he'd gotten was not spread.

And when Lostspark had returned to camp, when she had informed her mother of ShadowClan's loss, when she was swaying with hunger and exhaustion and exertion, the lithe grey enforcer took one look up at her usual perch on the tree in the clearing, and decided... it was far too daunting in her current state. She was more likely to fall off while climbing the tree.

Her pawsteps carried her into the warrior's den - she just wanted somewhere to collapse, somewhere to fall asleep and succumb to the hauntings of her sleep instead of stay awake a moment longer with the throbbing in her heart - and of their own accord she was led into a familiar-smelling nest that brought her too much comfort to dwell on. It was empty, and Lostspark was tired, and so she wordlessly curled up in a corner of the large nest.

[ @Dark - Specterfall Nest Snatching ™ ]

Darkfall: "The Spectre"

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Hulk SMASH! [Inactive]

CW: Dissociation

The massive tom had been quite busy the last few days, training his apprentices and such, so many of the happenings around the clan had gone unnoticed. It was with this that when The Spectre returned to camp, he was confused by the somber mood. Something had happened, but he wasn't sure what.

Regardless, the dark-furred tabby decided that he was going to get some rest, perhaps a nap, in between his duties — a stark contrast to his usual routine of watching over the camp. This decision led him to the warrior’s den, a familiar yet distant scent permeating his scent glands as made his way inside. His nostrils flared at the intrusion of Lostspark’s scent. It wasn’t often that she came to the warrior’s den, however, her scent was intermingled with that of Silverlark and… sickness? Silverlark had seemed a little rough lately, much unlike his usual demeanor, perhaps they’d gone out in an attempt to cheer him up?

Whatever the case may be, The Spectre pushed that thought aside and began heading to one of the back corners of the den only to see that his nest… was occupied. It was Lostspark. Blankly he stared in silence, standing over her trying to figure out why it was she was in his best. It was… odd. Very odd.

Quite honestly, he was perplexed. He hadn’t spoken to her much, not since the incident, but he harbored no animosity towards her. Seeing her like this made his heart ache. A small part of him, perhaps a piece of Darkfall that he had yet to extinguish yearned to comfort her, provide some kind of relief to whatever struggles she was facing.

”What am I going to do with you?” He asked in a soft, rhetorical tone. Shaking his head slightly, he eased into his nest, wrapping himself around her. He couldn’t just go kicking her out, and he wasn’t about to sleep on the cold floor of the den, so he decided he’d share — plus, she was warm. It’d been moons, many moons since they shared a nest like this. Blinking, The Spectre’s brows furrowed. They? That had been Darkfall then, not him. Why was it that a warm feeling bubbled within his chest — a soft purr accompanying it?

Before they had become a couple, the arks had been best friends at one point. Despite their differences, falling outs, and other greviances, the pair had gotten along quite well — seeking eachother out when they were vulnerable and in need of a pick-me-up. It was this that caused the walls — barriers made to protect himself came down, if only a tad. Darkfall gently began grooming his former mate. He licked her forehead, between the ears as he did when they were once closer. ”You’re too hard on yourself. What’s got you all wound up this time, hmm? It’s not often that you let me see this side of you,” He whispered in between rasps of his tongue. He didn’t know if she was asleep, he didn’t really care to be honest, but he wanted to do what he could to ease some of her suffering — to put her mind at rest despite all the inner turmoil she was subjected to.

Icy blue eyes closed as he continued his task. Truthfully, Darkfall had yearned for more moments like this. The time they’d spent together as proper mates had been short before their duties called them apart. He wanted to go on more walks with her, he wanted to share tongues or eat meals together, he wanted to once again share a nest and look after their remaining children together. He… wanted her. Still. The Spectre had repressed such emotions, denied any feelings for the former medicine cat, and carried about caring for himself and their children. But now? Now it was Darkfall. He couldn’t deny that he wanted her, but he knew better. She had her own things to worry about, and so did he.

”I wish things could’ve been different,” He said softly ”I wish we could’ve spent more time like this, maybe things would’ve worked out.” It was little more than the musings and ramblings of a long silent voice, but they held the weight of an entire soul within them. Darkfall loved Lostspark. That was one thing that would never — could never change.
[ @Rose pp perms for whatever ]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old Today, 01:25 PM

Bump Policy: 4/5 days
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcissus View Post

sagechaser
home sweet home.

well, sort of. this certainly wasn't the old camp. they'd moved at some point. he didn't know when. Vulturefang wasn't around anymore - where did that guy go? - Elmshadow was gone, too. the only familiar face was Dawnstar, really.

and a few others. Hawkbite. Nightshiver. so maybe there were some recognizable cats around still. he just hadn't expected so much to change. or he had, but it was a shock all the same. how much time had passed?

did it matter? he was back, wasn't he? no more chasing cars, right?

with a low sigh, Sagechaser bunched around himself the moss he'd reaped from outside the cedar log. it was springy and soft under his claws. delicately, he rounded the heap off into an average nest. the spot he'd chosen was a bit away from the rest, somewhere that wasn't taken.

he didn't want to step on the tail of someone he didn't know.

not so soon, anyway.
[open]
[FONT="Courier New"][Cowbug, SHC warrior, he/him/FONT]

Cowbug bounced to the unfamiliar warrior. “Hi, hi! Cowbug has not seen you, seen you before. You are new?" He questioned, after all there was a influx of outsiders joining the clan, why should this one be any different?
Old Today, 01:40 PM
❝ meow! ❞ ✧ ೃ༄

sagechaser

at the sound of a stranger's voice, Sagechaser perked up. he turned left - his blind side - and saw nothing, so he had to turn around the other way fully to greet his company. his one sage eye flicked over their unfamiliar pelt. it was two-tone: black and white.

the warrior blinked slowly at him and gave him a welcoming smile. "Cowbug? is that your name?" he asked brightly, flicking his striped tail. his grin didn't falter even at his wrong assumption. "well, i'm Sagechaser - and, no, i'm not new, just returning. it's been a while," Sagechaser corrected. licking the pale fur on his chest, he kindly added, "it's nice to meet you! how's it going? anyone miss me?" he said the last part jokingly.

sad as it was, he hadn't yet seen really anybody who personally knew him. he was half-inclined to try and track some down, if not for the fear of finding out they were gone forever.
[ @HerbalTea ]
Old Today, 01:55 PM

Quote:

sagechaser

at the sound of a stranger's voice, Sagechaser perked up. he turned left - his blind side - and saw nothing, so he had to turn around the other way fully to greet his company. his one sage eye flicked over their unfamiliar pelt. it was two-tone: black and white.

the warrior blinked slowly at him and gave him a welcoming smile. "Cowbug? is that your name?" he asked brightly, flicking his striped tail. his grin didn't falter even at his wrong assumption. "well, i'm Sagechaser - and, no, i'm not new, just returning. it's been a while," Sagechaser corrected. licking the pale fur on his chest, he kindly added, "it's nice to meet you! how's it going? anyone miss me?" he said the last part jokingly.

sad as it was, he hadn't yet seen really anybody who personally knew him. he was half-inclined to try and track some down, if not for the fear of finding out they were gone forever.
[ @HerbalTea ]
So, this cat had re-joined Shadowclan?Where did they go? Do they know any recent cats? These were all questions Cowbug had but would never dwell on them. “Yes. It is! Cowbug prefers to speak this way. Nice to meet meet you Sagechaser!" Upon the joking question Cowbug pondered “Cowbug has not not met anybody who knows you, sorry!”
Old Today, 02:22 PM
❝ meow! ❞ ✧ ೃ༄

sagechaser

though his company spoke in nonconventional ways, he didn't mind. he kind of liked the way Cowbug spoke. it was unique, that was for sure.

then, hearing that news left his mind blank. oh. "oh," Sagechaser repeated aloud. well.

he couldn't say he expected otherwise, could he? nevertheless, he sighed quietly and plastered his cheery smile back on his maw. "that's alright!" he assured Cowbug. subtly snagging his claws into his new nest, he kneaded the moss gently. it felt soothing to do so.

"um," he began awkwardly, floundering for something more to say. "has anything cool or interesting happened recently?" he curiously inquired.
[ @HerbalTea ]
Old Today, 02:40 PM

Quote:

sagechaser

though his company spoke in nonconventional ways, he didn't mind. he kind of liked the way Cowbug spoke. it was unique, that was for sure.

then, hearing that news left his mind blank. oh. "oh," Sagechaser repeated aloud. well.

he couldn't say he expected otherwise, could he? nevertheless, he sighed quietly and plastered his cheery smile back on his maw. "that's alright!" he assured Cowbug. subtly snagging his claws into his new nest, he kneaded the moss gently. it felt soothing to do so.

"um," he began awkwardly, floundering for something more to say. "has anything cool or interesting happened recently?" he curiously inquired.
[ @HerbalTea ]
Upon seeing Sagechasers expression, Cowbug quickly apologized “Cowbug did not not mean to upset you, Sagechaser. Cowbug is really sorry!" He shook his head quickly. Once the topic changed, the thin tom had to think for a second. “Uhh, Riverclan is exiled for a couple of moons moons. We lost some territory. Uhh,Whitetwist was killed and we can't leave the territory alone right now. New medicine cat and medicine cat apprentice…and that's all Cowbug can currently remember remember."