Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Mica
Today 11:16 AM
LF: wolf art
by BEAR.
Last post by burntToast
Today 11:14 AM
i want to know what love...
by Aroogi
Last post by Aroogi
Today 11:14 AM
Fading's first search party
Last post by Blaaze
Today 11:12 AM
WindClan Patrols
Last post by Aroogi
Today 11:11 AM

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
Simply a guy

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Apprentices' Den

Darkfall: "The Spectre"

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Hulk SMASH! [Inactive]

CW: Dissociation

The Spectre was attempting to make more of an effort to interact with his kids. Darkfall had fallen short, and with the chaos after the move, he too had fallen short. Recently, however, he was doing what he could to make up for that -- taking them out on little training excursions, sitting with them during meetings, proper father stuff.

So it was on this occasion that the massive tabby pushed his way into the apprentice's den -- trying to find one of the children to harass. He knew Rainpaw was in need of some more training, and with her condition, she needed a little extra care. Well, many of his offspring needed a bit more attention than others, but that was a discussion for another time.

As he made his way in, The Spectre noticed Rainpaw resting on the floor. She looked almost peaceful... wait. Rainpaw? Peaceful? She was by no means Birdpaw, but his little freak of a daughter was always involving herself in some sort of morbid experiment if nothing else. It appeared that she had attempted to make her way to the entrance of the den, eyes glazed and foggy... something was wrong.

"Rainpaw," The patriarch of the ark-hoard called, approaching as swiftly as he could. Her breathing was uneven, and when he touched his paw to her small body, he could feel her heart racing. For a moment his eyes flashed with panic and his first thought went to who he knew would be able to solve this: Lostspark.

"Larkfire..." He whispered softly, mind racing as he tried to figure out what to do. Unbeknownst to The Spectre, Darkfall had managed to slip out a bit in the moment of lost control. Muttering a colorful string of curses, he didn't move for a moment. On one paw, Rainpaw clearly needed assistance from a medicine cat, but on the other, he had no idea how much time he could afford to waste.

"Rainpaw... darling... don't give up on me now!" He hissed, flipping her onto her back. 'Not again... not like this...' He'd lost many kits, whether they had gone missing or died, but this hit especially close to home. From his understanding his sister, Fallenpaw, died in a similar fashion -- though he hadn't been there for her last moments, something that he'd never forgive himself for.

"Damn it!" Darkfall growled, trying to think of a way to fix this. What should he do? What could he do? He was not experienced in this field at all. He knew how to kill things, he could help a queen bring her kits into the world, but this... this was beyond him. It was then that he had an idea. Nightshiver had given him a couple of ways to help a newborn kit when they weren't breathing, he could try one of those, right? He just had to restart things, if he reset her breathing, it'd go back to normal, right?

"Here goes nothing... sorry baby girl, hang in there a second longer," He cooed gently, setting one of his massive paws on her chest. Taking a deep breath, he steeled himself, closing his azure eyes for a moment. 1... 2... 3...

Eyes snapping open, he pushed down onto her chest before releasing. "Please--" The former enforcer found himself begging "Please work!" Gritting his teeth, he repeated the former motion once again--

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Rainpaw]
ShadowClan Apprentice
No Purrks

I must've passed out.

She didn't remember noticing the camp taking on a starrier light and scenery. They were faint, she hardly noticed them. She felt light on her paws and her chest felt free of fire and pressure. Oh, that pressure... It was immense. Unbearable sometimes. She felt like she couldn't breathe when her heart would really start racing. Did that happen just now? Had she gotten so worked up that she passed out? The occasional break from the pressure and pain.

Useless
Useless

USELESS.

Her ears drooped. Perhaps, she should turn around and head back into the den where she'd wake up. That's how this usually went... just no faint stars. That was new. Her paw reached out and scooped one up, it twinkled on her paw pad and for a moment, Rainpaw felt peace. A soothing wave of relief and peace. She almost didn't want to leave, no. She almost stayed. However, a small coo caught her attention. Weird. Normally, she didn't hear other cats during these episodes. She turned around and just within in the entrance of the den, she saw him.

"Dad?"

What was he doing? Her blue eyes peered a little closely to see herself beneath him. He was pressing on her chest. Rainpaw held a paw up to her own chest in that moment, but felt nothing. She was almost grateful because that looked like it hurt. Was he hurting her? Why... why would dad be doing that?! No no no... that can't be right? Surely he wouldn't be hurting her, right??

"Please work!"

O- Oh? She was right! He was just trying to help, so that means... that means her family did care? Tears welled at the corners of her eyes and Rainpaw drew closer, just a couple pawsteps. The starlit glimmer around her seemed to be fading and she was starting to feel a little more stable on her paws. Still, she stood. Still, she looked over Darkfall's pleading stance and her own limp body.

Was it working?
Was she... was she going to be okay after all?

She wasn't sure if she was ready to wake up.

@Dark - Darkfall

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old Today, 08:49 AM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Palekit
◆ he/him | 5 moons

On his way back from playing leaf catcher with Thrushkit, Palekit padded and stopped by the apprentice den briefly. His conversation with Thushkit filled him with excitement about his apprenticeship. The hollow tree stump was huge in Palekit's eyes. His fur ruffled in excitement. Soon, very soon, Palekit would be an apprentice, have his own mentor, explore the pines, go to gathering, and finally be able to help out clanmates! Such thoughts made Palekit smile with glee. On another flying thought, Palekit wondered, 'Are there anyone in here?' It was the middle of the day, perhaps everyone was out training and hunting. Palekit smiled with a thought, 'Just a quick peek!'

Palekit pads in slowly, his soft paws met the dry grounds where the apprentices sleep. 'Wooooww! This was cooler than nursery. I mean the nursery super cool, but this...' Palekit thought, 'is...is amazing!'

[ @Luminous he's just a happy kid ]

Last edited by goodacacia; Today at 09:36 AM.