Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
the golden era [clan...
by reiya
Last post by GoldenDaffodils
Today 09:30 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Today 09:29 PM
WindClan Galewood
by Ian
Last post by bigbxdwolfz
Today 09:22 PM
Seashells!! [Mentor finder]
Last post by Oliver
Today 09:19 PM
RiverClan Camp
Today 09:07 PM

Old June 30th, 2024, 03:16 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: A Summer’s Day Full of Oranges and Berries! [P]

Orangeblossom
| He/him | TC warrior | Moons: 20 | No purrks |

Orangeblossom smiled and nodded in delight, he was happy that she was picking it up so quickly! She was quite the learner! What a great first apprentice. “It looks great! Those are pretty common moves but when you learn more you can certain spins to them that allow you to get the upper paw on your opponent even with something that seems so obvious in theory. One of these things is a fake-out! Like the name implies it’s the act of pretending to aim for one thing but really you are going for another. Though for our next move I’ll be showing you a back kick.” A move that he didn’t really use himself but still handy to have just in case.

The warrior explained first as the move was a bit hard to break down into slow motion bits. “A back kick is when you well, kick out with your back paws. It can help when you have an opponent coming up on you from behind or if the opportunity presents itself. You roll up onto your front paws and shoot your hind legs into your enemy!” Orangeblossom showed off the move as he spoke, rolling up onto his front paws and kicking out with his hind ones before trying to slow down the motion as much as possible for the second show. Then he turned to Berrypaw, waiting for her to attempt the move herself. Perhaps after they go through everything they could have a friendly spar. If only Orangeblossom had another apprentice so the playing field was more level but practice was practice in the end. “You try! After we go through everything what do you think about having a little spar to practice what we learned this lesson?
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]

- Front Paw Slice
- Front Paw Blow
- Back Kick
- Belly Rake
- Back Leap
- Tail yank

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
My Roleplay Tracker | My Roleplay Policies | My Roleplay Finder
Old July 7th, 2024, 08:31 PM
Little Dragon,Hidden Girl

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom smiled and nodded in delight, he was happy that she was picking it up so quickly! She was quite the learner! What a great first apprentice. “It looks great! Those are pretty common moves but when you learn more you can certain spins to them that allow you to get the upper paw on your opponent even with something that seems so obvious in theory. One of these things is a fake-out! Like the name implies it’s the act of pretending to aim for one thing but really you are going for another. Though for our next move I’ll be showing you a back kick.” A move that he didn’t really use himself but still handy to have just in case.

The warrior explained first as the move was a bit hard to break down into slow motion bits. “A back kick is when you well, kick out with your back paws. It can help when you have an opponent coming up on you from behind or if the opportunity presents itself. You roll up onto your front paws and shoot your hind legs into your enemy!” Orangeblossom showed off the move as he spoke, rolling up onto his front paws and kicking out with his hind ones before trying to slow down the motion as much as possible for the second show. Then he turned to Berrypaw, waiting for her to attempt the move herself. Perhaps after they go through everything they could have a friendly spar. If only Orangeblossom had another apprentice so the playing field was more level but practice was practice in the end. “You try! After we go through everything what do you think about having a little spar to practice what we learned this lesson?
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]

- Front Paw Slice
- Front Paw Blow
- Back Kick
- Belly Rake
- Back Leap
- Tail yank
Berrypaw did it, with a little hessitancy. "Okay! Let's spar!" she totally seemed excited about it.

Kestrelpaw and nyme have been arrested for disorderly conduct, and because they were looking so happy. They are in a pitch black, awful dungeon. they will never escape. PINTO BEAN has joined them, arrested for having a migraine.
Old July 8th, 2024, 12:05 PM
Your Local Spider

Orangeblossom

Once more Berrypaw did well to pick up the move shown easily and Orangeblossom allowed pride to swell up in his chest! His apprentice really was just so amazingly amazing! The warrior wagged his tail, though Berrypaw was looking a bit unconfident with the move he couldn't exactly blame her it was an odder one and it was a bit awkward to perform. It was more of a just in case maneuver than something you did in a fight regularly. Orangeblossom actually hasn't used it a whole lot yet. And he was what? 20 something moons now. Wow, that's crazy, he's such an old man. The warrior quickly brushed that train of thought away before it got to more depressing implications about the events in his life and his family. Anyways!

"Well, we're going to go over a couple more moves before we spar! I'm happy you're eager though, that's the mark of a great apprentice!" The tome mewed in response before running through his planned to teach moves in his head to think of the next one he wanted to show off. Right! The belly rake, a real killer, Owch. "The next move is a real strong one, a belly rake! Like the name implies its when you kick or slice at your opponents belly with your unsheathed claws. It can be super helpful when you are pinned and can help you regain control, it can also be paired with playing dead! Playing dead is where, usually most helpful again when you are pinned, you just go completely limp in your opponant's hold. They may loosen their grip thinking you are too injured or dead but that's when you get an opening to strike. This is a bit harder to demonstrate without a partner but I think it's easy enough to understand from explanation until we get to sparring, any questions?"
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]

- Front Paw Slice
- Front Paw Blow
- Back Kick
- Belly Rake
- Back Leap
- Tail yank

[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Oliver; July 8th, 2024 at 12:05 PM.
Old July 8th, 2024, 08:14 PM

Quote:

Orangeblossom

Once more Berrypaw did well to pick up the move shown easily and Orangeblossom allowed pride to swell up in his chest! His apprentice really was just so amazingly amazing! The warrior wagged his tail, though Berrypaw was looking a bit unconfident with the move he couldn't exactly blame her it was an odder one and it was a bit awkward to perform. It was more of a just in case maneuver than something you did in a fight regularly. Orangeblossom actually hasn't used it a whole lot yet. And he was what? 20 something moons now. Wow, that's crazy, he's such an old man. The warrior quickly brushed that train of thought away before it got to more depressing implications about the events in his life and his family. Anyways!

"Well, we're going to go over a couple more moves before we spar! I'm happy you're eager though, that's the mark of a great apprentice!" The tome mewed in response before running through his planned to teach moves in his head to think of the next one he wanted to show off. Right! The belly rake, a real killer, Owch. "The next move is a real strong one, a belly rake! Like the name implies its when you kick or slice at your opponents belly with your unsheathed claws. It can be super helpful when you are pinned and can help you regain control, it can also be paired with playing dead! Playing dead is where, usually most helpful again when you are pinned, you just go completely limp in your opponant's hold. They may loosen their grip thinking you are too injured or dead but that's when you get an opening to strike. This is a bit harder to demonstrate without a partner but I think it's easy enough to understand from explanation until we get to sparring, any questions?"
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]

- Front Paw Slice
- Front Paw Blow
- Back Kick
- Belly Rake
- Back Leap
- Tail yank
"How many more moves until sparring?"

Kestrelpaw and nyme have been arrested for disorderly conduct, and because they were looking so happy. They are in a pitch black, awful dungeon. they will never escape. PINTO BEAN has joined them, arrested for having a migraine.
Old July 9th, 2024, 12:23 AM
Your Local Spider

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom expected a bit more move orientated questions but he supposed that the belly rake was a rather simple and easy to understand move. The warrior nodded a bit and tilted his head in thought and remained silent as he did a mental tally of the moves already taught and what was left on his list of learning for the evening. "Well I think there's just two more basic moves I wanna teach, there's some advanced stuff as well but we can get to that a different day, don't want to overwhelm you more than I already did." The warrior explained as he waved his paw as he spoke, a habit of his that he did from time to time. Talking with his paws. It has made him a master at balancing though hehe. Anyways! "The next move is more challenging but I think you can do it no problems! It's called a back leap! It's usually helpful for when you are going against bigger enemies. You basically jump of and land on their shoulders preferably! You dig your claws into them to hold and then from there you have all sorts of things you can do... the face and neck are open and you can deal some devastating damage to their back and hips which would limit their mobility. Though there's also some pretty common counters you wanna watch out for! Like your opponent dropping and rolling, if you feel your opponent starting to fall to the ground, hop off and if you have time use the opening them rolling over has and aim for the stomach! You may also find yourself flung from their shoulders if they are strong enough to shake you off, or biting your paws and pulling... anyways... those are the most common things I think. The best way to counter them is staying light on your paws to get ready to land at all times and also staying closer up to the neck so they have a harder time reaching back to get you! Any questions? Wanna try the move on me?"
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]

Old July 9th, 2024, 07:20 PM

Quote:

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom expected a bit more move orientated questions but he supposed that the belly rake was a rather simple and easy to understand move. The warrior nodded a bit and tilted his head in thought and remained silent as he did a mental tally of the moves already taught and what was left on his list of learning for the evening. "Well I think there's just two more basic moves I wanna teach, there's some advanced stuff as well but we can get to that a different day, don't want to overwhelm you more than I already did." The warrior explained as he waved his paw as he spoke, a habit of his that he did from time to time. Talking with his paws. It has made him a master at balancing though hehe. Anyways! "The next move is more challenging but I think you can do it no problems! It's called a back leap! It's usually helpful for when you are going against bigger enemies. You basically jump of and land on their shoulders preferably! You dig your claws into them to hold and then from there you have all sorts of things you can do... the face and neck are open and you can deal some devastating damage to their back and hips which would limit their mobility. Though there's also some pretty common counters you wanna watch out for! Like your opponent dropping and rolling, if you feel your opponent starting to fall to the ground, hop off and if you have time use the opening them rolling over has and aim for the stomach! You may also find yourself flung from their shoulders if they are strong enough to shake you off, or biting your paws and pulling... anyways... those are the most common things I think. The best way to counter them is staying light on your paws to get ready to land at all times and also staying closer up to the neck so they have a harder time reaching back to get you! Any questions? Wanna try the move on me?"
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]
Try the move on her mentor? Yes, yes, YES, YES, she wanted to! Berrypaw jumped up and down. "Do it on you! Do it on you! Do it on you!" she chanted. Hehe, Berrypaw could attack her mentor!

Old July 13th, 2024, 12:09 AM
Your Local Spider

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom had expected her to just go ahead and try the move out but he grinned at her excitable antics anyways and nodded his head. Floppy ears bouncing with the motion, "Well, go on then! Try it!" He cheerfully called out as he watched his apprentice very carefully, planning to use the time to offer feedback to her form and execution of the move. It was always easier hearing it and it was always easy to forget proper form and technique when excited to just try something out. Nothing wrong with doing that either, very common mistakes, but it was important to use lessons to fix the behavior before it becomes a habit and then someone gets hurt from the messy knowledge. Or maybe that was just his worry for the youth making him overthink the whole thing. Anyways, he knows there is some truth to it so he certainly wasn't going to not.
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]

Old July 13th, 2024, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom had expected her to just go ahead and try the move out but he grinned at her excitable antics anyways and nodded his head. Floppy ears bouncing with the motion, "Well, go on then! Try it!" He cheerfully called out as he watched his apprentice very carefully, planning to use the time to offer feedback to her form and execution of the move. It was always easier hearing it and it was always easy to forget proper form and technique when excited to just try something out. Nothing wrong with doing that either, very common mistakes, but it was important to use lessons to fix the behavior before it becomes a habit and then someone gets hurt from the messy knowledge. Or maybe that was just his worry for the youth making him overthink the whole thing. Anyways, he knows there is some truth to it so he certainly wasn't going to not.
[ @Windy - Berrypaw ]
Berrypaw jumped up on her mentor's back, not digging her claws in but pressing against Orangeblossom's sides, hard. She pretend-bite at his tail and kicked lightly as his face, but fell off. She was off balanced she crashed, and said, "Ooooof!"

Old Today, 05:15 PM
Your Local Spider

Orangeblossom

Well uhhh... Orangeblossom actually didn't need to make it more difficult for his apprentice as she sort of tossed herself up onto his back and then promptly fell off soon after. The most damage she did was biting the sheer fluff of his stubby tail and then like half kicking his neck and face but they weren't really purposeful enough to land right, seemed less like a thought out move and more of a floundering about. After allowing the apprentice time to recover from the probably winding herself with the crash landing, Orangeblossom started a lecture and feedback. "Alright.. that was a pretty good first try, no worries! Though there's some things you should know! You should try and stay up as close to your opponent's neck as possible so that they can't swing around and pull you off with their teeth. Secondly, to keep balance dig your paws and claws in, and use your tail as needed. Don't get so wrapped up in attacking that you let yourself fall right off! Lastly, make your attacks count, you won't be able to stay on for long so focusing on upper body, such as neck head and stuff, attacks that last would be the best option when you can though anything counts.... wanna try again?" The warrior spoke and readjusted to be facing his apprentice again, planning to make it a bit harder to actually get up on him this time. Her future enemies wouldn't be just standing and allowing her to clamber right up.
[ @Kaida - Berrypaw ]

Old Today, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post

Orangeblossom

Well uhhh... Orangeblossom actually didn't need to make it more difficult for his apprentice as she sort of tossed herself up onto his back and then promptly fell off soon after. The most damage she did was biting the sheer fluff of his stubby tail and then like half kicking his neck and face but they weren't really purposeful enough to land right, seemed less like a thought out move and more of a floundering about. After allowing the apprentice time to recover from the probably winding herself with the crash landing, Orangeblossom started a lecture and feedback. "Alright.. that was a pretty good first try, no worries! Though there's some things you should know! You should try and stay up as close to your opponent's neck as possible so that they can't swing around and pull you off with their teeth. Secondly, to keep balance dig your paws and claws in, and use your tail as needed. Don't get so wrapped up in attacking that you let yourself fall right off! Lastly, make your attacks count, you won't be able to stay on for long so focusing on upper body, such as neck head and stuff, attacks that last would be the best option when you can though anything counts.... wanna try again?" The warrior spoke and readjusted to be facing his apprentice again, planning to make it a bit harder to actually get up on him this time. Her future enemies wouldn't be just standing and allowing her to clamber right up.
[ @Kaida - Berrypaw ]
Berrypaw got off and shook her fur, getting whatever might have gotten it out. "Uh, I don't think I'm supposed to dig my claws into you, so what to I do instead?" she asked sheepishly. That was a pretty lame effort.