Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Mountaintalon Mate Finder
by dino.
Last post by dino.
Today 10:24 AM
Heathernose Finder
by Luna16
Last post by Luna16
Today 10:23 AM
RiverClan Camp
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 10:04 AM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Idiotic.Bean101
Today 10:00 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by elaif
Today 09:58 AM

Old July 9th, 2024, 06:48 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: bound to duty. [p]

68/100
shc apprentice // he/him // 9 moons
purrks: agatha kitty, the collector, rapid recovery

---

Praise. Sweet praise. The apprentice doesn't smile, as it's against his more serious nature, but his eyes gleam with pride and excitement at not only his success but the Commander's playful nature toward him. When the other's tail makes contact with his ear he can't help but bat at it with a sheathed paw, his own tail rising to stick straight up in obvious contentment. But then the suggestion of more training is brought up and--

"I want to try."

It's a sudden blurt of words. Enough to have him grimacing and recoiling in on himself. Ugh, idiot! Don't come off so eager! So what if Hawkbite was cool and strong and a worthy role model. That didn't mean look like a kit in front of him. Keep your cool.

"... Please teach me, sir. I would like to learn as much as I can so I can become a warrior."

At this rate he'd be one in the next moon! Or two... But hopefully the next moon!

hawkbite | @SuspiciousMindz

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old July 9th, 2024, 07:05 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty | Kitty Softpaws

Honestly, Hawkbite didn't think much of the eagerness aside from his enjoyment to teach someone willing to learn. He much preferred the eager traits of apprentices over the apprehension of others he's encountered. Two of his own -- former -- apprentices were very apprehensive and failed their training. So far Brownpaw was doing okay, but Starrywisp was his pride and joy. Hawkbite hadn't met another he bonded with so deeply. He craved another apprentice he could mold into something worthy in his paws. He craved that lovely mentor-apprentice bond, again. Bleedingpaw had his attention right now, but Bitternpaw could too. Neither were his personal apprentice though. It left a very torn feeling in his chest.

He shook his pelt again, playing it off like something was tickling his pelt as he fought internally on his feelings to create some sort of bond with Bitternpaw. Hawkbite would merely offer a nod and lead the apprentice to a tree nearby, gesturing for him to sit with him and listen.

"ShadowClan has a mixture of trees. Pine and cedar trees are the most common. Pine trees are nice because their branches are much lower and they usually grow close together, so when you're skilled enough, you can leap tree to tree with ease," he explained, pointing out the differences in the trees. "Let's start with knowing the bark. When you go to reach for bark, look for healthy bark. It'll be dark and look sturdy," Hawkbite gestured towards the healthy bark on the tree in front of them. "Unhealthy bark will look light, dry, and cracked. Using that bark means you risk a fall."

Hawkbite would reach up with unsheated claws and demonstrate what would happen. On the dry bark, it easily peeled back and crumbled beneath his claws while on the healthy one, he was able to lift part of his body up with ease. "You're welcome to feel the difference too," he offered, setting his paw back down.

"Now, in an instance where you can't check the bark, just scale the tree as fast as you can. The bark might give under your weight, but if you're fast enough, you can counteract the crumbling and get past that spot before you fall with it."

@silver. - Bitternpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 10th, 2024, 09:41 AM
silly little guy

69/100

---

The invitation is accepted quickly and gratefully, the young tom moving to sit beside the older cat so he can watch and listen. As Hawkbite gives his lesson he gives his words and movements rapt attention, even if his ears twitch and swivel at the noises of the forest around them. It was good to stay aware, even if he was taking in information. It was the making of a capable warrior. Being able to multitask was an important skill. So as his gaze watches the bark crumble away beneath Hawkbite's claws he continues to stay alert to his surroundings up until he rises from his seat to approach the tree.

Lifting his upper body to rest against the trunk of the same tree, he lets his claws dig into the darker bark at it's base. Feeling the strength of it beneath his paws, tempted to try to start climbing upwards even without having been taught how just yet. He resists the urge and instead moves to a patch of drier bark to scrape it away with small, sharp claws, peeling it from the surface easily.

"I see..." He meows quietly to himself, eyeing the surface of the tree hiding behind the bark that's been torn away. "If you would show me how to best climb and descend I would like to try it."

character bios.
Old July 14th, 2024, 10:34 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty | Kitty Softpaws

Hawkbite flicked his tail with anticipation. For a moment, he thought Bitternpaw might actually start trying without instruction, in which Hawkbite would've just coached him. However, it appeared Bitternpaw thought better of it and instead let the bark crumble beneath his claws. Then, the request would finally escape the apprentice and Hawkbite would nod, turning his attention to the tree before them.

"It's pretty instinctual so I'm sure you'll learn just as quick. You're going to be using some muscles you probably don't use often or at all, so don't go all out right away. No need to get fatigued all in one go," Hawkbite spoke as he tensed his own muscles in preparation. "When you scale up the tree, you'll spread your legs apart enough to where you can move upwards, but don't struggle to hold onto the tree," Hawkbite spoke, taking a leap onto the truck to demonstrate the wider grip he hangs on with.

Then, he narrowed his grip, adjusting his paws so his legs were closer together. On that movement, Hawkbite's muscles instantly began to strain, vibrating beneath his sleek pelt as he struggled to hang on. "The closer your paws are, the harder it is to hang onto the tree. You won't get the momentum you need either," the Commander would explain as he dropped back to the ground beside Bitternpaw. A reset to show proper climbing.

"When you do begin climbing, you'll use all your legs to propel yourself up. Just like you're walking, expect it's on a tree," Hawkbite spoke, leaping back up onto the trunk and scaling it slowly so it was easier to see. Once he reached the first, sturdy, branch, Hawkbite would twist and perch on the branch, looking down at Bitternpaw with a slight head tilt. "Now you try coming up here."

@silver. - Bitternpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old Today, 08:18 AM
silly little guy

71/100

---

Walking up a tree? That seemed a bit insane-- to him, at least. But if Hawkbite could do it with ease then he could definitely continue to impress the Commander with how quickly he picked up on learning new techniques. A good teacher went a long way with this one.

[ Bitternpaw rolled a 9 to climb a tree. ]

So his first attempt doesn't go as well as he was hoping. Despite his best efforts to copy the older warrior's stance and movements he winds up having to jump back down about a third of the way up because he loses his grip. Long tail lashing out behind him he glares at the bark that had crumbled away at his paws, causing him to slip, before casting that irritated look back upwards so he can try again.

[ Bitternpaw rolled a 16 to climb a tree. ]

One more lash of his tail behind him he jumps at the tree and clings to it, almost akin to a squirrel. Claws digging into it's jagged surface properly this time he keeps the mental image of Hawkbite's movements in mind as he pulls his limbs in closer to his body. Ever so carefully and so slowly he finds himself putting one paw in front of the other and pulling himself up higher and higher until he's face to face with the other perched on his branch. Not seeing enough space for himself on that one with where Hawkbite was seated he decides to go a bit higher to find himself a spot to sit on a branch not much further away.

Blinking in surprise seemingly at his own success, he stares down at the ground from his new seat high above before turning his attention back to Hawkbite. What a productive lesson day it had been for him.

character bios.